DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol if you think it's rude to the tell you you're probably wrong you aren't meant for this game alannalynn. People are wrong all the time and it's D1. Anything you do you're 75% likely to be wrong on.

Maybe more since they do kinda suck.

Maw because he is trying to sell everything he says and because he split the whole thread into can/can't lynch and only left two choices.

That's the same sort of rhetoric that people use to get others to argue two party systems.

[v] maw [/v]

Lol if you think it's rude to the tell you you're probably wrong you aren't meant for this game alannalynn. People are wrong all the time and it's D1. Anything you do you're 75% likely to be wrong on.

well you kinda suck, at least I'm trying in this game

I agree with Maws assessment from whT I've read it seems pretty accurate. I still feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark but I imagine it will get better as the game progresses. I agree with the general consensus that Leyrann is being a bit aggressive. Based on what I've read and seen so far is a characteristic of wolf.

Vote: Leyrann

Corvhin, to have your vote right, either you can offer me a box of chocolate either you post it in red and bold.

like this : Vote Csarmi

:biggrin:

Thanks Alanna for the Vote count.

Now let me remind you that we are getting close to the Deadline

tumblr_m33klt16TH1qaz6doo1_500.gif

Tal has asked to be replaced, i will hunt for an innocent victim a volunteer

I find it odd how people jumped on ley when I prodded him. I think he answered my concerns fine, he seemed sincerely upset when I voted him for a misinterpretation of his post.

I agree with darthe on maw, I didn't like how he answered a post directed towards another person, or his post when alanna called him out on defending her.

[v]MAW [/v]

Ley apparently I am not the only one who read it like that, but that is how I took it, and I found it frustrating. 

[unvote] 

what is your opinion on others?

I don't really have anything clear on others, it generally takes me a bit longer to form an opinion on people. Basically, everyone starts out in null and drifts to one side or another depending on what they do, and this game hasn't been that active, so there hasn't been that many drifting.

Ley is snarky the same way Darthe is Darthe-y. I don't think too much of it myself. When Ley went full derp all game long last game I just ignored it. So far he's been more clear- (and less dense) headed. 

I don't want to play with snarky, I play to enjoy it, and won't put up with snark, I've had it a few times this game already. Why can't people play nicely. We are here to enjy tthis, not tto geet one over, or say people shouldn't play.

I'm sorry Talya. Should have worded things differently.

Ley the way you wrote that could be taken both ways. I also thought your "explanation" was a bit condescending and if aimed at me I would have taken it as rude and gone you for it.

Actually, no, it couldn't be taken both ways. I had a special post explaining why it was not ambigious, and where I should have placed it if it should be taken the other way, and where it would be ambigious.

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.
Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.
Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.
Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.
Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.
Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.
Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.
Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.
AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.
Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.
Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.
Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.
Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

Well, first of all, because I'm town. Second, because your whole "case" on me is based on me being annoyed that someone read my posts wrong. That's the weakest reason ever to lynch someone, and you're even getting people on the train somehow. Meanwhile your list is basically such, that there are not enough reads that are NOT town to form a mafia team, so you should probably examine again and look for more mistakes. We can't have 11 (or something) town in a 13 player game. It'll be 3 or (most likely, imo) 4 mafia, and you're barely even at that many "unsure" reads.

I agree with Maws assessment from whT I've read it seems pretty accurate. I still feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark but I imagine it will get better as the game progresses. I agree with the general consensus that Leyrann is being a bit aggressive. Based on what I've read and seen so far is a characteristic of wolf.

Vote: Leyrann

Characteristic of a bad wolf only. If you're mafia, you want to stay under the radar and survive without taking notice. Letting emotions get the better of you (like happened to me) is just a dumb thing for mafia. What you want to do is stay in the background and nudge lynches on bad-looking townies while shooting the good-looking ones at night.

We will go random before we lynch Ley today, just so everyone is clear on that.

Maw would be a good lynch btw

I would just like to point out that it's a hybrid hammer, so no majority is needed.

That said, I do agree with your opinion on Maw. He's risen up my list quite a bit with that not-willing-to-lynch nearly everyone. Far too closed down.

Gonna do a votecount soon. Deadline should be in ~10.5 hours (edit: deadline moved to tuesday, so 34.5 hours)

As your csarmi-mod had been very lazy and this is a deadline game for which he did not clarify the deadline in time, I'm considering extending it. I'll let you know in an hour or two.

(edited to clarify)

well you kinda suck, at least I'm trying in this game

:biggrin: that's the spirit!

Gonna do a votecount soon. Deadline should be in ~10.5 hours

As your mod had been very lazy and this is a deadline game for which I did NOT clarify the deadline in time, I'm considering extending it. I'll let you know in an hour or two.

i think most players would be ok keeping the deadline where it is

i think Maw has more votes at this point. But i'm not sure if lynching him is a good idea. i wouldn't mind if i'd be proven wrong if he'd flip wolf, don't get me wrong... but.. yeah, i don't think he's a wolf. 

Why do you not think so?

I'd prefer a deadline extension btw.

i don't think nor feel that there's anything off about his posts. I haven't played with him before, so i don't know his usual playstyle. That, for me, is something i prefer. I get a neatral look on him, unbiased. 

He looks fine to me, general gameplay is well within what i would like to see from town.

Thanks to my lovely co-mod for posting links earlier. I have decided to change the deadline because of (reasons).

Deadline: Tomorrow (Tuesday), 18:00 GMT.

Please note this is a DEADLINE game on Day-1 (today) so having a majority don't matter. I'll do a votecount right at the deadline and the one with the most votes will get lynched. Ties are broken via random.

Please post your votes with the vote tag, if you can, but please note that we will accept anything that is CLEARLY intended to be a vote.

Vote tag: [v]Csarmi[/v]

Ley people dont read in perfect grammar. Change where you take the breath on that sentence and the meaning changes. 

As for Maws list. Its D1. having two people he is willing to lynch seems reasonable to me. Do you expect him to have 4 picked out? Cause right now the only way someone could have 4 picked out is if they are mafia. Not enuff has happened for 4 people to have really stood out in a bad way.

Archived