DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read Maw's post as saying he wasn't willing to lynch anyone else as per now.

Sooh, can you explain what you meant by this post?  It was in reference to Mawth's reads list and how Ley reacted to it.

Zander's reliance on others to solve the game, specifically Darthe, is really standing out to me. Strikes me as odd.

[v] Zander [/v]

enough to warrant a vote...wow.  i think ive been trying to engage and put thoughts out there so far,  so my question, is this a get a reaction vote or do you actually feel like im a obv wolf atp.

Actually I don't have a great feeling about Dice at the moment. It seems like he's not trying to solve the game as much, and then there was that whole thing with Ley earlier which was more or less just snide comments.

i dont think dice would make those comments as a wolf.  again i dont think ive played with him as a wolf just my 2 cents worth.  but if something gets dice pinged he will react.  i think thats all it was imo;

Well, the thing is that he reacted without actually bothering to explain WHAT he reacted to (despite me asking three times). THATS the part that stuck me as odd, and I just don't believe Town!Dice would do that, so I don't know, maybe he's attempting to fake his town meta better. He's said himself he has a bad scum game, so I could see him trying to imitate his town game.

That said, I'm obviously not sure. I'm not really sure about anyone right now. I think Seph, Maw and Dice are my top 3 though, in no particular order.

Sooh, can you explain what you meant by this post?  It was in reference to Mawth's reads list and how Ley reacted to it.

Ok yeah, I think Ley overreacted a bit to the reads list that Maw posted, and I was trying to explain how I saw it. I may have been a bit clumsy when expressing myself thought, because what I was actually thinking was that those two (Talya and Ley) were his PREFERRED lynches. I didn't really see anything very scummy in that.

Ok yeah, I think Ley overreacted a bit to the reads list that Maw posted, and I was trying to explain how I saw it. I may have been a bit clumsy when expressing myself thought, because what I was actually thinking was that those two (Talya and Ley) were his PREFERRED lynches. I didn't really see anything very scummy in that.

That's what I thought.

You're basically playing both sides to every argument that has occurred in this game.  With me, you sussed me and then gave an out in the same post.  You support Maw and then sus him.  Same with Ley.

You're being very neutral and not taking any firm stances.  This allows you to lean whichever way the wind happens to be blowing.

imma turn the leafblower on

[unvote]

[v]Sooh[/v]

Thanks to my lovely co-mod for posting links earlier. I have decided to change the deadline because of (reasons).

Deadline: Tomorrow (Tuesday), 18:00 GMT.

Please note this is a DEADLINE game on Day-1 (today) so having a majority don't matter. I'll do a votecount right at the deadline and the one with the most votes will get lynched. Ties are broken via random.

Please post your votes with the vote tag, if you can, but please note that we will accept anything that is CLEARLY intended to be a vote.

Vote tag: [v]Csarmi[/v]

From now on, deadlines will be Tuesday/Friday (48h days, 24 h nights)

Mod Question: Is the deadline at a comfortable time for everyone? I tried to choose it so that it's at a good time for most timezones. LMK in PM if it's bad for you.

VoteCount D1.4

Seph (1) - Thane, Talya

Leyrann (4) - Mawt, Corv, Thane, Dice

Mawt (2) - Darthe, Seph

Dice (1) - Ley

Sooh (1) - Verbal

Zander (1) - RTE

On the deathrow: Leyrann

It is D1, no majority today. Deadline lynch. Deadline below.

blu_1433872800.png

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.
Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.
Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.
Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.
Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.
Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.
Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.
Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.
AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.
Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.
Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.
Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.
Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

Here you are.

youd think that the Red would clue someone with such excellent English in to the fact that he was talking about today.

dont know what Ley's meta/history is with Dice but im not feeling that vote..Dice seems to me like Town!Dice from the few games ive played with him imo.

anyone else have thoughts on Dice cause hes done nothing to ping me yet.

also waiting on Fu

I know it's not unlike his meta, but to be honest it feels like he's going further than he otherwise would, with the refusing to tell me exactly WHAT the problem is that is apparently worth a vote. I'm wondering if it's him trying to fake his town meta as mafia.

Or do I remember wrong and does he always refuse such questions? Thing is, I think I'd remember.

I pointed you right at it. it was even on the same page! If you don't know what your responses are thats your problem. Zander then QUOTED the thing! You finally respond to it then.

heres a point for you Ley. You wanna get all high and mighty and lecture people in a snarky way on how to read and comprehend? Then you had better expect people to get annoyed at you (believe me im thinking much stronger words) and start blasting at you. Especially when YOU fail at reading obvious things.

You guys don't lynch maw today and I'll vig myself. It'll be like darthicide

So Maw is off the table for today then.  :biggrin:

Tayla I do not have wolf meta, which is why I said I would be cautious; but I have 5 games or so of town meta. That is what I am going off of.

Fiancee goes to work in a hour, so I will be around more.

Weird thing to say.  You have a meta and shouldn't advocate for people to not entreat with you based on it.  Even if you've never been a wolf sometime you'll be one and it'll not match up to how you are when you're town.

Zander prob wolf

Why?

When the mods ranked our roster his name landed on a spot designated to be a wolf.

That doesn't make sense Darthe

think darthe is just trying to guage reactions to it..actually a villagery post imo.

Consistent read across nearly a dozen pages now.  Zander villa enough to pass D1.

Assuming your Zander comment was a joke, your last mafia team read was Talya/Seph/Sooh. What happened to them and how is Thane your top suspect atm? I want to know, because I'm getting a very town vibe from him.

Asks a lot of low substance questions like this and doesn't really seem to care what comes of them.  This slot deserves a closer look.

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

don't question me, these reads came from God so far as all of you know

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

you darfing again? cool :cool:

dunno yet if that makes you more town or less, but we'll find out during the game,  right?

this game has a slow pace. Now, usually, i don't mind, but yeah... it needs to speed up a bit...

eenie, meenie, miny, moe....

[v] Seph [/v]

why should we keep you alive?

Also odd.  Lots of people comfortable with me being lackadaisical here and they prob shouldn't be.

And my apologies for lack of responses I still feel like I'm stumbling in the dark but from what I've seen you have normal conversations and guess whose good or bad by voting them. The problem I see is how subtle everyone is. It's like playing the game of houses

It's really not.  I used to think that but in the game of houses everyone has an angle and knows what they intend of all of their actions.  Not the case with mafia, look at how Talya is posting for example.

Reading Darthe day 1 has become nearly impossible. Reading him at all is difficult enough but happy enough to reserve my judgment on him until at least Day 2.

I think I'm moderately easy to read.  I'm an effective townie who is hard to lynch without some sort of power confirmation and who typically builds better reads over time than early on.

yeah, Darthe is not getting lynched D1, that's for sure. I think concensus is giving him the benefit of the doubt, and hoping it's not gonna bite us in the arse

k again weird but prob true

I don't know much about his playing style but nothing sticks out from what I've read so far.

odd for someone brand new to say something with this type of analysis

Ok.. I just read the whole game as is again to see what I could find. 

Talya didn't have a great beginning, but we've discussed that before. I'm not ready to pass judgment there.

Villagery players so far to me are Verb and Zander.

I have a village lean on Ley also.

Corvhin looks like he's trying to figure things out to me. I take it he mentioned the people he mentioned because he feels more comfortable interacting with those he knows a little already. I don't lean neither town nor mafia with him yet. 

I feel like I'm having trouble seeing where Darthe and Mawt are coming from in this game. Mawt I don't know at all, and Darthe is playing strangely. 

Good Sooh post, it's like a unicorn.  Not sure if that doesn't actually bode worse for her alignment since she actually cares what she is saying here.

I would also advocate not lynching Darthe day 1 - not that I necessarily think he is town, I have a Null read, but I get a feeling something else is going on, or Darthe wants us to. either way it will come out in the wash.

.... townie?

Nope sooh, just pointing out things I see, still looks like wrong choice of words there. I play because I like playing it, I like to have fun. I play Trivial Pursuit as well, get quite a lot wrong there too but it doesn't stop me playing. :tongue:

You are getting personal Ley, are you hiding something? I haven't actually seen you doing much, apart from a few snarky comments.

Yeah townie, but also bat**** crazy and way off I think.  Talya I can't follow your logic anywhere, you have the energy of a bag of cats.  If this keeps up past today I will get you lynched just to avoid trouble down the road.

Let me clarify a bit more (didn't have time for that when writing out previous post): If the "while try to appear as helping" would have been about the "you", I would have had to place it directly behind "you", behind "lynched" (ambigious form; could refer both to "you" and to "who") or at the end of the sentence (afte "person"). The way I wrote it, however, is NOT ambigious and can ONLY have that part refer to the "who". Claiming otherwise is claiming I used incorrect grammar that caused a different, correct way to read it to stand in its place.

Well, first off you know very well that I tend to be pretty precise about grammar, and second, it's plain implausible. The human mind works in such a way that you won't accidentally make a different sentence with a clause to the object instead of the subject, at least not when the setup of the sentence is relatively easy (and there are no weird loopholes here). Least of all when it's coming from someone aiming for a career as writer.

Ley never makes this post as a wolf imo.  It's analytical but also personable and he just can't manage that stuff in early game

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

you darfing again? cool  :cool:

dunno yet if that makes you more town or less, but we'll find out during the game,  right?

this game has a slow pace. Now, usually, i don't mind, but yeah... it needs to speed up a bit...

[v] Seph [/v]

I would also advocate not lynching Darthe day 1 - not that I necessarily think he is town, I have a Null read, but I get a feeling something else is going on, or Darthe wants us to. either way it will come out in the wash.

Tayla I do not have wolf meta, which is why I said I would be cautious; but I have 5 games or so of town meta. That is what I am going off of.

Fiancee goes to work in a hour, so I will be around more.

My point was that you said you thought his wolf game would be a certain way. I can understand you saying you think he is town because he is on his meta, but you added that extra bit. Which I found odd.

Zander prob wolf

Why?
When the mods ranked our roster his name landed on a spot designated to be a wolf.

ahh, so you have the magic numbers...care to share them?

AJ town
Dice town
Zander town
Me town (duh)
Thane wolf
maybe Talya with him
Corhvin town
undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

This sounds to me like you are either trying to change meta and act all obscure, or maybe being directed by someone else. Your posts sound disjointed.

Can we all back up to the moment Talya really suggested that there was a player on this forum who could direct me?

AJ town

Dice town

Zander town

Me town (duh)

Thane wolf

maybe Talya with him

Corhvin town

undecided on rest

Better?

Oh yeah, [v] thane [/v]

you darfing again? cool  :cool:

[v] Seph [/v]

That doesn't actually sound so random to me. I don't know why, I think the "why should we keep you alive" part.

And my apologies for lack of responses I still feel like I'm stumbling in the dark but from what I've seen you have normal conversations and guess whose good or bad by voting them. The problem I see is how subtle everyone is. It's like playing the game of houses

It is a kind of game of houses. You have to find out who, while trying to appear as helping, is actually trying to get innocents lynched, and then you have to convince people to lynch that person.

I've bolded the bit in maroon. you would only try to appear as helping if you were wolf, as town you would be trying to be helpful, there is a difference, one you do one you try to appear you are doing. Slip? not sure but it something to bear in mind.

Read it again, and pay attention to what word the bolded refers. Just stop skimming, okay? If you really can't help but misread things so often, mafia's probably not the right game for you.

this just pings me, when I was a new player turin did this to me when he was a wolf. Lecturing me in thread, and it really made me not want to participate in the current game, or even join another game. 
Corv just be yourself man, and just help figure out the game.

Thanes question seems random to me, and is a good reaction test imo. You should keep me alive if you want to thane, I am going to be helping solve this game.

agree with darthe, and thane the activity needs to pick up.

Currently have 
town

thane

dice
Verbal
zander
darthe

alanna

Rte

sooh needs more content 
mawt-can't remember too much from mawt
tayla - I am having difficulties here, but she is her from earlier suspicions
ley- has been bugging me, and I dislike his interaction with corv

where I am sitting at currently, need more people to come post.
[v] ley[/v]

Poor reasoning for a lynch.  Your experiences aren't qualification for his alignment.  Pick a better wagon and put those people in order thx

A few of these are out of order but bare with me it has a reason.

Oh I'm probably lying. There is little presence in this game so making stuff up is going to be as effective as anything else.

Also your reads likely aren't that great. No offebse

Very rude. You can't just say "no offense" and that makes it better. Sounds like you think my play is crap.

yeah, Darthe is not getting lynched D1, that's for sure. I think concensus is giving him the benefit of the doubt, and hoping it's not gonna bite us in the arse

Agreed, I think he'll be very useful if he's town. I think he's sitting back day 1 a bit in all his games atm. As long as he doesn't treat me like I don't know how to play the game, I'll be good.

Nope sooh, just pointing out things I see, still looks like wrong choice of words there. I play because I like playing it, I like to have fun. I play Trivial Pursuit as well, get quite a lot wrong there too but it doesn't stop me playing. :tongue:

You are getting personal Ley, are you hiding something? I haven't actually seen you doing much, apart from a few snarky comments.

I actually don't like how you pick apart words and the way people phrase things. You dig your claws in and don't let go sometimes, and that doesn't look good. I need to go back and read over posts (because I'm still distracted at the moment) but I want to reread over your stuff and see where you're landing. I had you as town at first and with these last posts you've made, you're just not sitting the same for me.

@Maw Going off the top of my head because I don't have my notes, but I don't like the amount of snark from Ley (I have snark a lot, but it feels overdone), I also don't like the picking apart that Talya's been doing, plus the overdone "reaction test." I need to go back and read first before a decision on those two. I had them as town before, I probably need to reevaluate my reads.

I think I also had Sooh low on my list with Seph at some point, so I need to see what that was about.

It's been a long dang day.

#SJW, also notes players that will post without their notes are either advanced wolves or townies fwiw

Maw your list reads pretty similar to seph's and im mostly liking it. not sold on lynching Talya yet,

I still feel there hasn't been enough for a lock wolf but as of now i have Ley leading my wolf lean list,

Corv will get a Day 1 beginner pass from me. 

Though we need more from most across the board.

[v] unvote [/v]

Zander prob town, reaffirming

I agree with Maws assessment from whT I've read it seems pretty accurate. I still feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark but I imagine it will get better as the game progresses. I agree with the general consensus that Leyrann is being a bit aggressive. Based on what I've read and seen so far is a characteristic of wolf.

Vote: Leyrann

Okay, odd and cheap vote tossed on nonchalantly.  These tend to bode well.  

Ley is snarky the same way Darthe is Darthe-y. I don't think too much of it myself. When Ley went full derp all game long last game I just ignored it. So far he's been more clear- (and less dense) headed. 

Good post by RTE but he tends to safe too much as either alignment.  RTE come out of your shell a bit man.  

The post just really irritated me; I have gone through someone saying things like that my first game, it doesn't make mafia fun.
regardless I want to hear from him.

seph prob town, seems to be upfront about his emotions this game

Ley's response doesn't bother me. I have heard much worse from people I deal with on a daily basis. People have a tendency to forget they were once new to a game at one point too. It's no different then when I start playing a new online multiplayer game. For example I am new to Star Wars The Old Republic but I don't let "snarky" comments as it is termed in this thread keep me from enjoying a game. Everyone learns differently maybe Ley is hiding something deeper and is a wolf but I also agree with Evil Ley is being himself. Seph I do appreciate your response and the advice I will be myself and post my thoughts as they come. My first immediate reaction is to return the snarky comments in kind but as I think about I know it's a futile effort as it won't change anything Ley can think whatever he chooses to think whether it be I should not be playing or otherwise it doesn't matter because I will play until the end whatever that may be.

But... You vote Ley for this not even a page later.  I quoted it three quotes up.  Actually, you were basically told to do that by Maw so I quoted that as well two posts down.  

Ley is snarky the same way Darthe is Darthe-y. I don't think too much of it myself. When Ley went full derp all game long last game I just ignored it. So far he's been more clear- (and less dense) headed. 

I don't want to play with snarky, I play to enjoy it, and won't put up with snark, I've had it a few times this game already. Why can't people play nicely. We are here to enjy tthis, not tto geet one over, or say people shouldn't play.

...Why do any of you care if he is snarky?  Most of you played with Des at some point, you've almost all played with Ithi.  DEAL WITH IT, it sure as hell isn't reason to wolf read someone and we aren't killing a townie because your tender emotions can't handle his throbbing tude

That is probably the best description of mafia I have ever heard. Tangent, has anyone run a game of houses themed game?

Ley I think you could probably reel back the snark meter a few notches.

I find it kind of interesting that Seph placed a vote and then immediately recalled it after a slight amount of criticism. It might have been justified, but that is still an interesting play pattern.

Lol these two may not be teammates together but this post doesn't go so hot for either.  

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.
Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.
Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.
Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.
Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.
Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.
Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.
Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.
AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.
Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.
Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.
Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.
Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

Magnum Opus of Wolfdom

THIS POST IS AN IMPORTANT ONE, THREE TOWNIES, TWO WOLVES, PROB A BAD IDEA TO PASS IT UP

Lol if you think it's rude to the tell you you're probably wrong you aren't meant for this game alannalynn. People are wrong all the time and it's D1. Anything you do you're 75% likely to be wrong on.

Maybe more since they do kinda suck.

well you kinda suck, at least I'm trying in this game

:biggrin: that's the spirit!

No, not really, you were being intentionally irritating. I was actually trying to play the game and give some reads in an attempt to get things going. If that's not what I'm supposed to do, I'm sorry, and please tell me how I'm supposed to play. Actually, don't. I've been playing long enough that I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm not here just to supply a vote for lynches, I'm here to win the game. Say what you do and don't like about my reads so that I can adjust them instead of calling them all crap, and make sure to deflate your ego a bit. If you want to hear more from me on the subject, you can talk to me after the game and not on DM so I can actually speak my mind.

Back to the game... from what I can tell, Ley is calling Maw out on wording just like Talya was getting him for earlier? Anyways, it feels like grasping. I'm unsure about a Maw lynch because I'm not getting the same feeling some of you others are getting, but I'm also not entirely willing to lynch Ley either. I would like a tone down on the attitude though, but if that's how you are, I'll look around it.

Ley people dont read in perfect grammar. Change where you take the breath on that sentence and the meaning changes. 

As for Maws list. Its D1. having two people he is willing to lynch seems reasonable to me. Do you expect him to have 4 picked out? Cause right now the only way someone could have 4 picked out is if they are mafia. Not enuff has happened for 4 people to have really stood out in a bad way.

I didn't see much from Dice popping in and out; didn't like the snide comments, but I'm getting a frustrated feel from his posts. Agreed to the second part of his post above.

I don't like how Dice comes in complaining about me apparently ignoring something or something like that (I DON'T EVEN KNOW!), places a vote on me for it, then disappears without ever having explained what he's talking about while I asked several times.

In fact, he did exactly what I said looked scummy EARLY IN THE CONVERSATION WITH HIM - Not answering something despite repeated questions.

[v] Dice [/v]

???

I actually think the point that Dice was getting at that Zander repeated is the bold in the quote above mine. As for Maw's post, I think he was trying to be all-inclusive? I really don't see a problem with that. But I also don't anyone having the whole mafia team picked out OR a large number of scum leans when not much has happened, or before a flip. Additionally, day one reads aren't always accurate, so just like some people say they're okay with lynching x, y, or z, Maw was saying he was willing to lynch those two targets?

Well you voted me.

I asked why.

You said something about hunting wolves.

Sounds like you calling me a wolf. Why else vote me while proclaiming to be hunting the wolvies?

Hence why I wanted an explanation.

I am town

Can you think of any other reason he might vote you and say that?  Does it have to mean you're a suspect in his eyes?  Darthe loves misdirection, so I'm not really buying this post as sincere right now.

What I'm getting from Verbal is that he's covering his arse by announcing his crappy mafia-play lately. So if he plays well, he's town?

Actually, yes.  But that isn't the point.  I'm being very pro-village thus far, and you are starting to look like somebody that doesn't want a clear villager to appear.

/snip/

Okay I get what you say by misdirection from Darthe, but isn't that inherently anti-town? Like distractions? I don't see how it's not sincere, either. Both me and Maw thought the vote on me was odd.

And I do think you've been pro-village thus far, but I also think that mafia-Verbal is capable of self clearing himself on the basis of meta play

Re: all the bold - you started with casting suspicion on me, and have taken a few steps back when I responded with a counter-attack.  Now you are (in a couple of posts) saying that I'm pro-village.  I normally would ignore that progression and assume it is ok, but the inclusion of "both me and Maw" sets off some alarms.  Wolves like to link themselves to a villager in this way as it subconsciously obtains agreement from that other player as they know they are a villager and might think mindmelding with another player means they are a villager as well.  I don't think I'm ready to lynch you, but I'd strongly consider it.

/snip/

I really do have a town lean on you Verbal because of how you've been playing, I just don't want to discount you using meta to clear yourself so early. It felt odd to me at the time.

As for the "me and Maw" statement, I said him because he was the one defending me from the vote from Darthe. I could have also mentioned Talya (?) who also questioned Darthe's vote on me.

I would almost use this reason never to lynch Maw. I am willing to go back and look over posts though.

Screw it I'll lynch Alannalynn to avoid the preaching.  

[v] Alannalynn [/v] this aint no social justice thread.  When I think things suck I say they suck and you can trust that I mean it.  

BTW I'm actually voting for the bold.  Odds of wolf went up like 15%

Lol if you think it's rude to the tell you you're probably wrong you aren't meant for this game alannalynn. People are wrong all the time and it's D1. Anything you do you're 75% likely to be wrong on.

Maybe more since they do kinda suck.

well you kinda suck, at least I'm trying in this game

:biggrin: that's the spirit!

No, not really, you were being intentionally irritating. I was actually trying to play the game and give some reads in an attempt to get things going. If that's not what I'm supposed to do, I'm sorry, and please tell me how I'm supposed to play. Actually, don't. I've been playing long enough that I'm sure I can figure it out. I'm not here just to supply a vote for lynches, I'm here to win the game. Say what you do and don't like about my reads so that I can adjust them instead of calling them all crap, and make sure to deflate your ego a bit. If you want to hear more from me on the subject, you can talk to me after the game and not on DM so I can actually speak my mind.

Back to the game... from what I can tell, Ley is calling Maw out on wording just like Talya was getting him for earlier? Anyways, it feels like grasping. I'm unsure about a Maw lynch because I'm not getting the same feeling some of you others are getting, but I'm also not entirely willing to lynch Ley either. I would like a tone down on the attitude though, but if that's how you are, I'll look around it.

Ley people dont read in perfect grammar. Change where you take the breath on that sentence and the meaning changes. 

As for Maws list. Its D1. having two people he is willing to lynch seems reasonable to me. Do you expect him to have 4 picked out? Cause right now the only way someone could have 4 picked out is if they are mafia. Not enuff has happened for 4 people to have really stood out in a bad way.

I didn't see much from Dice popping in and out; didn't like the snide comments, but I'm getting a frustrated feel from his posts. Agreed to the second part of his post above.

I don't like how Dice comes in complaining about me apparently ignoring something or something like that (I DON'T EVEN KNOW!), places a vote on me for it, then disappears without ever having explained what he's talking about while I asked several times.

In fact, he did exactly what I said looked scummy EARLY IN THE CONVERSATION WITH HIM - Not answering something despite repeated questions.

[v] Dice [/v]

???

I actually think the point that Dice was getting at that Zander repeated is the bold in the quote above mine. As for Maw's post, I think he was trying to be all-inclusive? I really don't see a problem with that. But I also don't anyone having the whole mafia team picked out OR a large number of scum leans when not much has happened, or before a flip. Additionally, day one reads aren't always accurate, so just like some people say they're okay with lynching x, y, or z, Maw was saying he was willing to lynch those two targets?

Well you voted me.
I asked why.
You said something about hunting wolves.
Sounds like you calling me a wolf. Why else vote me while proclaiming to be hunting the wolvies?
Hence why I wanted an explanation.
I am town

Can you think of any other reason he might vote you and say that?  Does it have to mean you're a suspect in his eyes?  Darthe loves misdirection, so I'm not really buying this post as sincere right now.

What I'm getting from Verbal is that he's covering his arse by announcing his crappy mafia-play lately. So if he plays well, he's town?

Actually, yes.  But that isn't the point.  I'm being very pro-village thus far, and you are starting to look like somebody that doesn't want a clear villager to appear.
/snip/

Okay I get what you say by misdirection from Darthe, but isn't that inherently anti-town? Like distractions? I don't see how it's not sincere, either. Both me and Maw thought the vote on me was odd.

And I do think you've been pro-village thus far, but I also think that mafia-Verbal is capable of self clearing himself on the basis of meta play

Re: all the bold - you started with casting suspicion on me, and have taken a few steps back when I responded with a counter-attack.  Now you are (in a couple of posts) saying that I'm pro-village.  I normally would ignore that progression and assume it is ok, but the inclusion of "both me and Maw" sets off some alarms.  Wolves like to link themselves to a villager in this way as it subconsciously obtains agreement from that other player as they know they are a villager and might think mindmelding with another player means they are a villager as well.  I don't think I'm ready to lynch you, but I'd strongly consider it.

/snip/

I really do have a town lean on you Verbal because of how you've been playing, I just don't want to discount you using meta to clear yourself so early. It felt odd to me at the time.

As for the "me and Maw" statement, I said him because he was the one defending me from the vote from Darthe. I could have also mentioned Talya (?) who also questioned Darthe's vote on me.

I would almost use this reason never to lynch Maw. I am willing to go back and look over posts though.

not ready to vote Alanna yet...her post seem like frustrated towny to me atp.

She is, she's just also being an unhelpful one.  I never much cared for people who try to play as the moral center of the game, it's a savage and uncivilized venture by most regards.  

Odd of you to cave AL.  

[unvote]

I want you to vote where there be wolves.

Gotta lynch wolves alannalynn

you need to start looking elsewhere then.

I ask again, why do you think I'm a wolf?

I didn't say I did. Patience, Alannalynn, gotta learn to R-E-L-A-X
I'll relax when you bother to explain your thought process behind literally anything you've done.

We've already had the conversation about playing transparently and sharing your thoughts. You have yet to share a single thing, and I am becoming very suspicious.

Here is the post from maw I was talking about earlier.

Also darthe I think you misread something above.

I was talking about zander not my meta.

And wherever did you get THAT idea?

She is, she's just also being an unhelpful one.  I never much cared for people who try to play as the moral center of the game, it's a savage and uncivilized venture by most regards.  

Odd of you to cave AL.  

[unvote]

I want you to vote where there be wolves.

Because there's not really any point.

I'm not convinced Mawt is mafia. I'm just not, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. If you want to explain your reasoning, that would be helpful.

Darthe, would you please explain exactly what it is about me that you apparently find so scummy? You said something about my list post being wolftastic, but I think that's about it. I just don't get where you're coming from.

Archived