DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

Morning guys. We should lynch Ley today, and here is why:

Welcome to today's episode of To Lynch Or Not To Lynch. I'm your host, Mawthtex. Let's run through our contestants:

Sooh: Not. She's been fairly quiet, but when she contributes her posts seem pretty sound. Not entirely sure about her though.
Darthe: Not. I dislike his playstyle but apparently it's normal and no one else seems to be concerned about it, so we can deal with it in the future.
Thane: Not. I like his impressions of the game and his play so far.
Zander: Not. He was kind silent for a while, but he's been chiming in more lately. I think he bears watching, but I don't think he's today's lynch.
Talya: Lynch. She seems to be vibrating between being quite intelligent and misreading key parts of posts. I would be willing to vote for her.
Corvhin: Not. His inexperience is showing, but he's putting forth a good effort.
Release The Evil: Not. I get the impression he's town, although not a strong one.
Mawthtex: Not. I like myself too much to lynch me.
AlannaLynn Not. We seem to think along the same lines, which suggests to me we are both looking out for the town's best interests.
Seph: Not. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders most of the time, although he bears watching.
Verbal: Not. He seems to be playing a pretty strong town game so far.
Leyrann: Lynch. He's been playing more aggressively than helpfully. Not sure I quite understand where he's coming from, and I'd be willing to put a vote on him.
Dice: Not. I don't have a strong read on him but neither do I have suspicions.

So, to summarize, I think Leyrann or Talya should be the lynch today. They've played the spottiest of everyone here.

[v]Leyrann[/v]

Tell me why you shouldn't go down today.

Here you are.

youd think that the Red would clue someone with such excellent English in to the fact that he was talking about today.

dont know what Ley's meta/history is with Dice but im not feeling that vote..Dice seems to me like Town!Dice from the few games ive played with him imo.

anyone else have thoughts on Dice cause hes done nothing to ping me yet.

also waiting on Fu

I know it's not unlike his meta, but to be honest it feels like he's going further than he otherwise would, with the refusing to tell me exactly WHAT the problem is that is apparently worth a vote. I'm wondering if it's him trying to fake his town meta as mafia.

Or do I remember wrong and does he always refuse such questions? Thing is, I think I'd remember.

I pointed you right at it. it was even on the same page! If you don't know what your responses are thats your problem. Zander then QUOTED the thing! You finally respond to it then.

heres a point for you Ley. You wanna get all high and mighty and lecture people in a snarky way on how to read and comprehend? Then you had better expect people to get annoyed at you (believe me im thinking much stronger words) and start blasting at you. Especially when YOU fail at reading obvious things.

You guys don't lynch maw today and I'll vig myself. It'll be like darthicide

So Maw is off the table for today then.  :biggrin:

First post: Well, that sounded like part of the "joke", while the "NOT" after nearly everyone's name surely did not sound like that.

Second post: Well, if you point without quoting, I don't know what you're pointing to, because I can't see your finger. There's two computer screens in between. If you want me to respond to something, you have to CLEARLY tell me what post and what part of it. In fact, I STILL do not see where the problem was, despite apparently already having responded to it. I NEVER failed at reading something obvious, and if you think I did, well, give ME a lecture on what I read wrong and how I should have read it.

That makes zero sense. Your entire reaction to the list that I posted was based on the idea that it was meant to be deadly serious and set in stone. But now apparently you think that part of it (specifically interpreted in such a way to paint me as a mafioso) was a joke. This is the first you've mentioned it, or acknowledged in any way that any part of the post might not have been meant to be taken entirely literally.

don't get me wrong Ley, i was just asking you if you would consider it, as a principle. A simple 'yes or no' would have been alright. Now that i see your reaction to it, it sounds a lot more defensive than it should.

It's true that you're not really on my town list, and here.... to me, it doesn't improve your situation.

It's not clear? I want a mafia lynched. Therefore, I don't want to get lynched myself, even if that might give more information.

you trying to get me mislynched again, Ley?

Eh, what are you talking about?

I think I'm gonna 

[unvote]

[v] Thane [/v]

This, also, is interesting, because it is part of a continuing pattern: anyone who throws any kind of aspersion on you gets voted. You're bouncing around to anyone who seems to be attacking you at the moment, but not committing to any of them or trying to build actual cases against them. 

But you called him a wolf. You said you think he's a wolf but won't make it past day 2 anyway.

"Anyway" to me means whether he is a wolf or town he won't survive past day 2. 

Think you misread this RTE. I interpreted this as 'If he is a wolf, his play will get him lynched tomorrow, so we don't need to lynch him today.'

Hello to all five of the darthe posts that showed up while I was typing this out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From now on, deadlines will be Tuesday/Friday 19:30 GMT (~48h days, ~24h nights)

VoteCount D1.6

Seph (1) - Talya

Leyrann (4) - Mawt, Corv, Dice, Darthe

Mawt (1) - Seph

Sooh (1) - Verbal

Zander (1) - RTE

Thane (1) - Ley

Corv (1) - Thane

On the deathrow: Leyrann

It is D1, no majority today. Deadline lynch. Deadline below.

blu_1433872800.png

It's how I interpret what you said. You're throwing around bold statements and becoming quite reactive when I call you out on them. 

Just a suggestion, but you might want to drop this line of questioning.  It is clear you are misrepping what Zander said, and he'll look good defending this against you even if he is a wolf.  So if you're a villager and he's a wolf, you are doing him a favor here.

I'm not going to be here for deadline out any minute soon.

I'm happy where my vote is right now, I'm not sure about Ley, I think his frustration makes him wolf automatically. People seem to be picking on him because he has had arguments with them over grammer, or how things should be said.

Darthe - why have you voted Ley, and no I didn't see that one coming.

Actually no.  Patience Darthe, let's get a flip.

Can you look back and read my short sequence of posts that led up to me voting for Sooh?  What do you think, and what is your current read on her?

It's how I interpret what you said. You're throwing around bold statements and becoming quite reactive when I call you out on them. 

Just a suggestion, but you might want to drop this line of questioning.  It is clear you are misrepping what Zander said, and he'll look good defending this against you even if he is a wolf.  So if you're a villager and he's a wolf, you are doing him a favor here.

+1

I'm not going to be here for deadline out any minute soon.

I'm happy where my vote is right now, I'm not sure about Ley, I think his frustration makes him wolf automatically. People seem to be picking on him because he has had arguments with them over grammer, or how things should be said.

Darthe - why have you voted Ley, and no I didn't see that one coming.

Is there supposed to be a "don't" in there somewhere?

@Verb above: I think she means "appearing as" or "getting a scum read".

[v] Ley [/v]

Did anyone anticipate this vote?

No, I didn't.

@Maw: Me voting those who put pressure on me is a correlation, but there is no causation. I'm going for what I think is weird. Your reads list was... Less than optimal, Seph was not paying attention but putting pressure on me anyways (and therefore called me out for something I didn't do), Thane straight up contradicted himself and hasn't looked better after. Also, remember what I said about having a slight stance and floating off into an extreme in the arguments about it? That's just what happened. I saw the "today's episode" as a joke (and it was, considering you haven't done a new one every day, and that's what it was about) but I didn't see the REST as a joke.

Ooh okay.  That adds up better.

I have, not in any particular order,

Verb

Seph

Alannalynn

Zander

Ley

Talya

Dice

RTE

Thane

Maw

Corvin

feels like a good start

Where am I in this list?

From now on, deadlines will be Tuesday/Friday 19:30 GMT (~48h days, ~24h nights)

VoteCount D1.7

Seph (1) - Talya

Mawt (1) - Seph

Sooh (1) - Verbal

Zander (1) - RTE

Thane (1) - Ley

Corv (1) - Thane

blu_1433872800.png

unchanged

Sorry for slow response guys, been a bit slammed at work last couple of days.  My vote still stands,whether it be right or wrong will soon be determined.  And in response to Verbals quote about Tayla saying "'m happy where my vote is right now, I'm not sure about Ley, I think his frustration makes him wolf automatically. People seem to be picking on him because he has had arguments with them over grammar, or how things should be said."  My thought process on this statement, is most people don't like to be corrected. While I understand using proper grammar is the right way to do things, many people that I've interacted with not just on DM but people I know get defensive when corrected this way because they feel like their intelligence is being insulted.  Whether or not that is the, case this is just my personal experience with people I have interacted with.

I guess Thane won't get lynched, so I'll move on to the highest on my list that DOES have a chance to get lynched:

[unvote]

[v] Maw [/v]

And yes I know it's blatant following, but I just want to live longer, because I KNOW I'm town, while at worst we have a CHANCE to get scum this way, and a Maw lynch nets information too.

@Verb above: I think she means "appearing as" or "getting a scum read".

[v] Ley [/v]

Did anyone anticipate this vote?

No, I didn't.

@Maw: Me voting those who put pressure on me is a correlation, but there is no causation. I'm going for what I think is weird. Your reads list was... Less than optimal, Seph was not paying attention but putting pressure on me anyways (and therefore called me out for something I didn't do), Thane straight up contradicted himself and hasn't looked better after. Also, remember what I said about having a slight stance and floating off into an extreme in the arguments about it? That's just what happened. I saw the "today's episode" as a joke (and it was, considering you haven't done a new one every day, and that's what it was about) but I didn't see the REST as a joke.

There has only been one day, so no, I have not done another one yet. I meant in-game days, and I'm planning to do a new one closish to the deadline of each day.

I continue to question the fact that you just happened to see that single part of it as a joke and the rest as deathly serious.

We were barely halfway through the day (at least in amounts of posts) when you did it though. You're saying your reads haven't changed?

And that single part sounded as a joke, while the rest sounded completely serious (well, okay, the Hamlet reference not, but the big NOT before nearly everyone certainly did sound serious).

VoteCount D1.8

Seph (1) - Talya

Mawt (3) - Seph, Sooh, Ley

Sooh (1) - Verbal

Zander (1) - RTE

Corv (1) - Thane

blu_1433872800.png

@Corv: And does that have any actual ingame relation?

As far as the game no I don't think so, just comes off as rude to some which by my observations is what leads people to think of as wolf characteristics.

We were barely halfway through the day (at least in amounts of posts) when you did it though. You're saying your reads haven't changed?

And that single part sounded as a joke, while the rest sounded completely serious (well, okay, the Hamlet reference not, but the big NOT before nearly everyone certainly did sound serious).

The NOTs that were part of the hamlet reference?

Also, you ignored my point about me happening to vote the people that put pressure on me.

Whatever your intentions were, it doesn't change the fact that you're jumping around more than the easter bunny.

Interesting. Zander, by your logic, i'll live forever! :laugh:

on a serious note: Verbal, i know it's post like that that are bad. But they get people to react, which is never a bad thing.  I'm an odd player, i know that. But, you can be sure , i'm 100% town this game *nods*

Zander/Sooh.... yeah... pings...

Interesting. Zander, by your logic, i'll live forever! :laugh:

on a serious note: Verbal, i know it's post like that that are bad. But they get people to react, which is never a bad thing.  I'm an odd player, i know that. But, you can be sure , i'm 100% town this game *nods*

Zander/Sooh.... yeah... pings...

do you mean your agreeing the Sooh's vote/post pings you or that we both do and if the latter why?

Archived