DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Mass Effect II mafia

csarmi

The same way both you and Ley were to me, I asked why to a simple question, but you both jumped down my neck, for not knowing Ley's whim. So how are you being helpful. there was no, oh Tal, this is a joke he doesn't it all the time, but I was actually made to feel like I was stupid because I don't pay attention to the silly voting things people do with each other.  So tell me why I should be helpful to you? If you treat people like that.

I wanted to get the game moving, because nobody else was, and wanted to see the reaction, not necessarily expecting anything, I've also seen a lot of town do it, so you wolf explanation is a null tell.

It will be interesting to see who jumps on this and tries to push it, I really wish you hadn't told people not to vote me, because that has stopped it. Or is that because you know I'm town and don't want to push a lynch on me, because you know how I will flip.

For the moment I would say Ley is leaning town.

I find it very, very interesting that while I'm the one who - admittedly - was least helpful, you get a town read on me and not on Verb.

Oh and I saw..."the many of you think she should be" - you mean you and Ley, lol

You missed the word "might". Read better.

And you also butchered up the part beween quotations, which, surprise, is for quotes, not paraphrases.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and I saw..."the many of you think she should be" - you mean you and Ley, lol

No, I meant the entire playerbase.  Most of them are villagers, so they'll be reading this interaction with the same mindset that I am.....so therefore I'm expecting many of them to come to the same conclusion I did.

You can play the AtE card and call me a meanie all you like, but the bottom line is you were not being helpful.  I am being helpful by explaining the sequence of events that led to me casting suspicion on you, and also explaining how I'm thinking/interpreting things.  I am not seeing the same from you thus far (imo).

I'll concede that the 'reaction test' response is probably a null tell, though.

I picked up on the whole Ley/Maw thing in the sign up thread, so yeah, I feel Talya's reaction is a bit too rash perhaps here. Then again the beginning of this game has been pretty darn slow, so somebody had to point out something to get it to start. 

I'm not sure about Verb yet. Something tells me that he's looking for a scapegoat, but at the same time he concludes much less harshly than I would expect for that. Or perhaps he's gauging other people's reactions.

I wish the others would come in and speak then.

But I admit I was being a little awkward about it, but then it also would have been easy for Ley to say why too, so that wasn't being helpful. I will say this here, I don't take any notice of who votes who for jokes and do it all the time, I don't know if Alanna has a reason voting seph, but I still asked why on that. If it's a joke vote but don't assume everyone knows the goings one of your life.

Aside: Ley, sweety, please don't tell me to read better, i read what I do, I sometimes pick up things wrong, even if I read slowly, I can't help it no matter how I try, I can read a sentence 3 times and still get the wrong thing out of it. It's problem I have had since I was young. :wub:

Back to the game, Ley, I thought the reflex action, wasn't forced, so it's why I put leaning town.

As for the Ley/Maw thing, I actually asked everyone who voted, why, not just Ley. When I chose the vote I did it randomly out of those 3 who were already being voted for. the Ley/maw thing was brought up by Verb and Ley.

Anyway I'm out now so won't be back until tomorrow, I get a night out Yeah!

Hopefully some more will pop in.

I picked up on the whole Ley/Maw thing in the sign up thread, so yeah, I feel Talya's reaction is a bit too rash perhaps here. Then again the beginning of this game has been pretty darn slow, so somebody had to point out something to get it to start. 

I'm not sure about Verb yet. Something tells me that he's looking for a scapegoat, but at the same time he concludes much less harshly than I would expect for that. Or perhaps he's gauging other people's reactions.

Can you help me understand how I'd be looking for a scapegoat here, please?

I wish the others would come in and speak then.

But I admit I was being a little awkward about it, but then it also would have been easy for Ley to say why too, so that wasn't being helpful. I will say this here, I don't take any notice of who votes who for jokes and do it all the time, I don't know if Alanna has a reason voting seph, but I still asked why on that. If it's a joke vote but don't assume everyone knows the goings one of your life.

Aside: Ley, sweety, please don't tell me to read better, i read what I do, I sometimes pick up things wrong, even if I read slowly, I can't help it no matter how I try, I can read a sentence 3 times and still get the wrong thing out of it. It's problem I have had since I was young. :wub:

Back to the game, Ley, I thought the reflex action, wasn't forced, so it's why I put leaning town.

As for the Ley/Maw thing, I actually asked everyone who voted, why, not just Ley. When I chose the vote I did it randomly out of those 3 who were already being voted for. the Ley/maw thing was brought up by Verb and Ley.

Anyway I'm out now so won't be back until tomorrow, I get a night out Yeah!

Hopefully some more will pop in.

Ok, I had this whole post written up that quoted Ley & Mawth from the signup thread and how it clearly explained the rivalry and how Ley would be voting Mawth, so I was going to assume you had read it and were still pretending you didn't......but you didn't post in the signup thread after that, so perhaps you really didn't see it.

I'll drop that line for now.  I just think your self-proclaimed flippant attitude wasn't particularly helpful for me to identify if what you're saying comes from a villager mindset, that's all.

Well I was thinking if you were mafia you might be looking to set someone up for a mislynch, but as you can see I pretty much talked myself out of that thought again. I felt it was worth mentioning and noting to myself in case I see it again later. 

i think verb is engaging people- lite town-y lean

t think talya was just trying to get thoughts on things

obv conclusion:

[v] Sooh [/v]

i have to be right about this sometime....

Well I was thinking if you were mafia you might be looking to set someone up for a mislynch, but as you can see I pretty much talked myself out of that thought again. I felt it was worth mentioning and noting to myself in case I see it again later. 

Ok, thanks.  I thought there might have been something specific that convinced you I was probably not a wolf, but I appreciate the response.

Ok, thanks.  I thought there might have been something specific that convinced you I was probably not a wolf, but I appreciate the response.

Nothing more specific than you talking yourself out of Talya being a wolf. Or at least not bussing her. 

I'm on mobile until late today, just some thoughts from what I read over earlier.

I think Talya jumped on things a little awkwardly, not sure if scum tell. I think her actions could hve been smoother if she wanted reactions, but being that she was awks about it makes me want to lean town. I'll have to read back over her responses later to get a better feel.

I liked one of verbs posts about Talya not to lynch her today, feels townie to me. I feel that scum would push for a mislynch because it would be all too easy at this point. Then again, scum can do weird things

Also, I voted Seph because I was on a team with him last game, not really ready to officially place a vote yet

Not a lot happening:

Ley voting Maw - why?

Maw voting Ley - Why?

Alanna voting Seph - Why?

Seph nearly voting himself - why - because he fails  :tongue:

Thane, likes to take it slow

Verb and Seph thinking thane looks town.

Where's Darthe?

Do you suffer from amnesia?

We have our first actual post of the game. Talya gives reads on various people and wants to find out reasoning behind votes, appears to be unaware of the longstanding tradition of jokes votes between myself and leyrann. Talya votes me, apparently to garner reactions, Leyrann responds with incredible levels of snark.

I can buy that she left the first thread before our rivalry became clear, so I'm not too worried about Talya here. I'm slightly suspicious of Ley's reaction. Seems a little over the top.

@village:  I don't think Talya should be the lynch today, even though many of you might think she should be.  If she's a villager, then we should give her the time to break out of whatever weird mood she's in and be the villager we hope she is.  If she's a wolf, this method of playing it will likely spew out her entire team, so I'm down for letting it continue.

@wolves:  Nothing to say to you people, but I didn't want you to feel completely left out.  See you soon.  ;-)

I like Verb's point here. No need to rush the D1 lynch. Makes me feel like he's town.

This in turn makes me suspicious of a scum attempting to establish themselves as town, but that could just be my own paranoia.

i think verb is engaging people- lite town-y lean

t think talya was just trying to get thoughts on things

obv conclusion:

[v] Sooh [/v]

i have to be right about this sometime....

I'm curious about this. Is this another tradition that I'm unaware of? Would like to hear more.

[v] alannalynn[/v]

Would like to hear a LOT more about this. Explain, if you would, darthe.

Question: Has the mafia parlance on DM shifted from 'scum' and 'town' to 'wolves' and 'village'? I'm aware of the existance of werewolf, but didn't realize it had become commonplace here.

see its posts like these that make me vote you Sooh. the blue sounds like an accusation. the red sounds like you giving yourself an out.

Im definitely leaning Town on verb. 

Talyas calling out of a vote in RVS was really odd, but this post struck me as a little too snarky at this point

Well, Leyrann and Mawthtex. Why would they vote one another in their respective very first posts in the game?

I'm sorry, I just thought it was super duper obvious, but apparently not.

Question: Has the mafia parlance on DM shifted from 'scum' and 'town' to 'wolves' and 'village'? I'm aware of the existance of werewolf, but didn't realize it had become commonplace here.

Both are used, sometimes even by one and the same person (me for example).

Archived