DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

Clov, three SHATS, who do you take out of the game at this moment?

Hm.  I would definitely shoot Darthe.  It's entirely possible he's being unhelpful for reactions (see: Arthurian Mafia), but I try to avoid TWTBAW passes.  

Shadar would be my second shot right now.  If I could holster, I'd wait to see how the replacement goes, but I don't like that everything he's done is making excuses/complaining about the activity and sucking up to you.

Ithillian would probably be my third shot.  I would have gone Zander, but I like that he got back to me on the Darthe/Turin mafia-mafia issue, and Ithi PROBABLY isn't gambiting as a town power role to give herself cover.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is obviously incredibly thin and can be met with LOLCORIES if you choose but reading Shadar in the last game (Death of Meta) he had very little problem posting casually and high-content and fighting in the fray as a Mafian and only froze up later as his team started having trouble. The way he seems so absurdly lost this game might just be that he literally has no idea how to be a townie or figure things out from an angle besides "here is everyone's alignments, go have fun".

It's really not enough to move me out of null or defend him seriously - I don't ever want to give players an "out" of not contributing and I will always stand by that - but gun to head I would guess he's a villager

ISOed Dice, and I think a bunch of the things Tina is pointing out seems more like Dice encouraging and helping new members, while also providing information so as to help to get a meta on Zander in particular. I agree with the whole encouragement side of things, and probably will do the same thing if given a chance. I don't see anything particularly scummy in that.

As for meta it's probably not going to be easy to use in a game with several new people. There's myself, Zander, Shadar and seph, and I can't imagine any of us have a very strong meta so far. Or maybe I'm wrong about me... the other three though... 

People tend to be joking way less in mafia than other places on the board. In mafia people can also get rather intense with each other, and then go somewhere else and be all buddy buddy. It's the nature of the game. 

I also ISOed Darthe, and I'm not any closer to clearing him than I was to begin with. If you want to be in the clear, better start working on it, dude.

Off to do Turin's ISO.

Does "nothing particularly scummy" with it mean you are leaning town on Dice?  Or is he still null?

Fun fact: Started to type "leaning Dice on town?".  I will be posting signups for "Proofreading Your Posts Mafia" shortly.

I think I specified later that he's null to me. I can't distinguish one way or the other as of right now. I guess if you pushed the subject I'd say he was town, only because I see more content with reads than I have seen in games where he has been mafia.

Let's skip the circlejerk.

Can anyone not named Turin/ithi (cause see above) point out a read I didn't explain or a point that I have avoided?

I'll quote the scummiest of this slander in a moment

Here we go class. Ten points if you can critically think.

"About Darthe - I absolutely don´t understand his play at all. Like Turin and Ithi says, he is not interested in helping town. Why doesn´t he answer questions? Why won´t he explain? Why does he say that Ithi misreps (without pointing out what she misreped) while calling her town? Especially strange since she has claimed third party. I could definitely vote Darthe as well."

Pretend you're a town Darthe. One who may have been vague and polarizing but that's typical of you in early game. You've put out reads, what you were asked you responded to and you haven't seen anyone interact with you since.

Does the quoted section look like heavy-handed rhetoric? Do things like "he's not interested in helping the town (including two specific players), why does he say that, why won't he explain, why won't he answer questions" all in a row seem like TMI and a series of inciting questions?

Darthe, I think I understand where you're going with that.  I'm not inclined to agree with you ATM, but I believe I see what you're saying.

Cool by me.  I've yet to do anything dumb in this game man.  I called out the gawk squad that generally ruins every game between days 1 and 3 and, as per normal, people gawked at it without much thought or effort.  

On my end I don't see what most seem to have fault with so there isn't much pressure to perform on this side.  Hence I am going to analyze and build like normal.

Ith now why would I do that lol. That hurts zander... you juat called me scummy

This initially pinged me.  Didn't know it was his first game and everything here is just off, if you know what I mean.  The awkward phrasing, the seeming tepidity of his response to being called scummy (by proxy I think).  Was a good page 1 read.

Soon think ithi isnt mafia, she has been the main one prodding. I will work on that to be of some help here.

Sorry for my lack of posting, had a little bit.of catching up to. I am curious about Darthe and turin.

Turin I was wondering why you are switching tour vote so much. It seems as if your trying to get others to split up their vote. I understand why you jumped to ley. It seems you defend ithi in most games. But why jump back to Darth. It seems from your suspicion darth was you and ithi #1 target because of his responses. Why not vote darth in the first place.

this just a suspicion.

Ithi does he normally change his votes this often?

This follow up alleviated that mostly.  It still has that awkward tone but in hindsight that's explainable by his discomfort with the game in general.  Good post, asking the right kinds of questions to Turin/Ithi and using their relationship since he picked up on that quickly.  

I don't know if Darth is mafia. If he was I feel like he would, or should be more inclined to defend himself. He obviously is not just taking it. Just he was already irritated by the 5th page. Ithi is really trying to push everyone for darth

You can almost always find a flaw in anyone's post and make a argument. But I feel like while I want to trust dice,and his vote of confidence with ithi as everyone else. We know regardless that she can help or hurt the town..... that is pretty dangerous, because the point of the game is to win. So how long before she turns on the town.

With no solid evidence on anyone it seems like the logical choice, as it could always be a cover as well.

I feel as if Cory, clov, and turin, and zander are in the town. I would say dice as well but if it turns ithi was mafia after all, he did give his word. His word is why I want to give her the benefit, and the fact she has tried to prod alot of people into giving her responses.

Im so lost on what to do lol. But that is kind of where I am now. Sorry ithi <3

Clov you pretty much nailed it about this.  The whole bold is so clean.  

For me zander, I know you said you had to switch your play style, but your play this game is just entirely different from your personality, I started to notice it after a couple of re-reads. maybe it will just take me some time to get used to mafia zanders play style lol. 

I always take other's points into account, but for me that is way I have you slightly towards the other side now.

It isn't anything solid, just going to definitely be watching. hope that cleared up my decision. 

More of what I said about the second quoted.

So I've got seph as new town atm.  If he isn't then his mentorship is going splendidly.  It's not how I'd expect Tress to post either.   

Darthe has a plan that was so cunning and clever hardly anyone saw it.

Tbh if darthe has a plan I'd be more worried about the people who are easily satisfied by the mention of that plan.

And maybe Darthe's plan was to be a darthe and then announce that it was all a trap.

He's basically claiming admiral akbar.

I do not trust this alleged plan.

I also see the lists have appeared. Thanks for that Turin. I shall do a list when the laptop is in play. But not yet.

Ithi/Turin <3 u both but you say dumb things as either alignment.  Expect me to point out when you do so.

Hi again Darthe. You care to explain your Zander and BFG reads?

Or would you like to avoid that?

They seem clearly stated to me.  

Clearly stated is NOT explained

Ithi is town

Bfg slight town

Maybe Zander too

[v] Turin [/v]

Locking those reads in for D1

Stated without explanantion. Okie dokie.

I wish I could give you tips for reading Darthe but all I can really say is get some tylenol

Not as if I'm straight forward and direct about everything. No, that would be crazy

Are you trying to say or even insinuate that you are straight forward and direct? Speak plain please.

Can anyone not named Turin/ithi (cause see above) point out a read I didn't explain or a point that I have avoided?

Didn't realise I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion. Sorry. But you know you have avoided so if that is your "plan" continue...

And there was nothing above. 

Darthe has a plan that was so cunning and clever hardly anyone saw it.

Tbh if darthe has a plan I'd be more worried about the people who are easily satisfied by the mention of that plan.

And maybe Darthe's plan was to be a darthe and then announce that it was all a trap.

He's basically claiming admiral akbar.

I do not trust this alleged plan.

I also see the lists have appeared. Thanks for that Turin. I shall do a list when the laptop is in play. But not yet.

Assumptive and totally wrong.  Basic statements don't equate to a gambit or plan.  

Ithi/Turin <3 u both but you say dumb things as either alignment.  Expect me to point out when you do so.

Hi again Darthe. You care to explain your Zander and BFG reads?

Or would you like to avoid that?

They seem clearly stated to me.  

Clearly stated is NOT explained

You missed the part about trying to get others to answer my questions didn't you?  Lesigh, let's do this.  

Why would I want to explain a read from page one to someone I'm trying to push off of their normal meta? 

Ithi is town

Bfg slight town

Maybe Zander too

[v] Turin [/v]

Locking those reads in for D1

Stated without explanantion. Okie dokie.

Reiterated of the above meant to make me look bad but without serving any actual purpose or providing anything incriminating.  There's a sense of duality involved in thinking everyone has to play with your relationship in mind but that you shouldn't cater to anyone elses long standing meta.  In essence I'm calling you a hypocrite if that wasn't simple enough.  

I wish I could give you tips for reading Darthe but all I can really say is get some tylenol

Not as if I'm straight forward and direct about everything. No, that would be crazy

Are you trying to say or even insinuate that you are straight forward and direct? Speak plain please.

I Forward & Direct.  U look hard 4 things not there.  U Make up.  Serve purposes as wolf.  Others buy into because wolves/inattentive/easier.  DM wolf win again.

No happy.

Didn't realise I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion. Sorry. But you know you have avoided so if that is your "plan" continue...

And there was nothing above. 

Was "plan" coordinated between you two or something?

Responses inside.

Archived