DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

Many of you have Dice as town and I wonder why. I don´t like his posts very much. This is what he has to say about Zander and Darthe, the two I´m most suspicious of. 

honestly im experiencing an epic hangover so my brain is jumbled

Im wondering why you'd post in a mafia game if you feel so terrible. Why was it so important lol

Im reading early posts by Zander as typical Zander. he was whinging about that hangover in the Band too lol. So he started out consistent. that makes me think town but im not putting the farm on it. his tone changes where hes talking back and forth with Turin but then I kinda think it has too. the way he acts in the boards would get him lynched quick in mafia. Am watching him tho

I'm still not actually Town though.

It's never too early to get rid of symps.

[v] Ithi [/v]

Not a symp. Just a survivor. I don't know how to play any other way lol

Of course.

Hey, we can also stick to the rule "lynch all confirmed non-town when in doubt" instead. But don't you want to be done with it just now?

obviously ive been ninjad but you see ithis post above? Do you REALLY think that ITHI of all people will play AGAINST town as a survivor? or that she'd fake claim survivor? Cause I dont. 

And whats with the symp bit? What makes you think that? you may have answered this and i missed it but if not make with the splainy.

It's never too early to get rid of symps.

[v] Ithi [/v]

You think Ithi would claim survivor to symp signal? That would be crazy. You let that game get too far into your head. Remember the past but do not let it control you. 

Or more likely you are just hoping to make sure mafia doesn't get lynched today.

Nice try.

Unvote

Vote: Leyrann

Pitiful.  Defending her this heavy before page 5?  It looks like you know her alignment already.

you should totally expect that. and you know it. Over all Darthe your pushing on  ithi and turin is terrible. Only thing stopping my vote is that I dont think you play THIS bad if mafia. I think you are much more calculating as mafia then as town.

Having said that it wont take much more scummy play to make my vote happen.

your absolutely right about him being more rigid.that a really good word for it. but i kinda expect it from him. think he's gonna find like i did that there needs to be a difference between Social Orgs Dice and Mafia game Dice.

im willing to give him a little time

Darthe is playing too bad to be mafia??? And talk about protecting Zander while saying that you need to watch him. Why would him saying he has a hangover explain those posts of his even though he said he had a hangover in another thead? 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Cory. He said that he wouldn´t start to give reads until later. It feels like it has been a long time since I played with him. I find it strange that he doesn´t get involved more but this is what he has said so far:

- He thinks Ithi is contributing to this game and says we should lynch third party at LYLO -1. He thinks Ley is wrong about Ithi but probably town being wrong.

- I take his question to Dice as him believing Dice to be town. Why?

- Zander is more controlled and rigid. Does that mean scummy?

- He doesn´t have me as town.

I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. 

About Ley - I got a townie vibe from his posts first  but... the amount of posts are fewer than in the last game that I played with him and there is something about that unvote. Not sure about him. 

About Cory. He said that he wouldn´t start to give reads until later. It feels like it has been a long time since I played with him. I find it strange that he doesn´t get involved more but this is what he has said so far:

- He thinks Ithi is contributing to this game and says we should lynch third party at LYLO -1. He thinks Ley is wrong about Ithi but probably town being wrong.

- I take his question to Dice as him believing Dice to be town. Why?

- Zander is more controlled and rigid. Does that mean scummy?

- He doesn´t have me as town.

I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. 

About Ley - I got a townie vibe from his posts first  but... the amount of posts are fewer than in the last game that I played with him and there is something about that unvote. Not sure about him. 

CloudFlare  :mad:

So my list:

Town:

Turin: I like his reads on Zander and Darthe. Think he believes in Ithi helping town all the way is wrong.

Seph: I like that he asked about Turin vote jumping and I like that he pointed out that Ithi is playing to win for her. 

Clove: Mostly good posts but I wonder about his read on Dice. 

Null: 

Sooh: No game content so far. Great that you had a good time in my beautiful capital!

Yates: Nothing yet.

BFG: Not much. I do wonder why she had a light town read on Zander that early though.

Ley: As I said. I first thought it was townie of him to vote Ithi but now I don´t know. He could have voted her since he thought it was expected of him. Will watch him.

Cory: Not much yet. I would like him to answer my questions and hope he has something more to contribute with later.

Third party:

Ithi: Claimed survivor.

Mafia: 

Zander: See above.

Darthe: See above.

Dice: Defending my biggest mafia suspects. 

Shady: Post just to let us know that he hasn´t caught up but still answers Cory´s post right away. Not much to go on but it feels more scummy than townie. 

My reads so far, as you can see I really need to go back and do some ISOing on a few people, but at least this gives you all an idea of where I'm at :smile:

And yes Tina, Stockholm is lovely! :wub: Also you have a lot of really handsome men over there! RAWR!

1.Sooh – town

2.Tina – So very not sure about you yet. Despite your latest catch up I don't feel like I have a good read. I'll keep watching.

3.Zander (Mentored by Kaylee) – I understand where he's coming from. His early posts are totally in character, and I can see why he would redact when the same jumping on him happened here as in his first game. I really like your post # 195. That's how you should play and read people, and I should probably take my own advice there as well. You're in my null pile for now, because I clearly demonstrated in your first game that I can't read you. If you are mafia and fooling me, shame on you! lol

4.Darthe – You puzzle me this game. I haven't played with you much, but I was expecting you to do more reads. Granted the number of players who have been actively engaged in the game so far hasn't been great, but it's more than Ithi and Turin. What are some of your other reads? Please let me know so I may take you off from scum-lean.

5.Ithi – Third party survivor claim. I have no real reason not to believe you, and so far you seem invested in a town win. I will be watching closely though :tongue:

6.Shadar – Very low on content. I'll be looking forward to seeing more posts.

7.Dice – Also not too great on content. I was leaning town, but I see Tina has you as scum. That makes me interested in going back to do an ISO and see if I might have missed something. For now, null. I'll get back to reading you later.

8.Yates – Very much looking forward to reading your take.

9.seph (Mentored by Tress) – I like your analysis of a lot of the content here. It's short and to the point. I haven't seen anything I don't like. Town so far.

10.BFG – Little to no content. Strange to me why some have you as town. I'll give you a null and see what happens.

11.Turin – Effectively null to me at the moment. Nothing that gives me a clear idea if you're town or scum. I need to ISO to see if I can get a better idea then.

12.Ley – The quick vote on Ithi seemed strange to me, as it did to many others. You've said later that it was to get the game going, which is ok, but I would like to see some more content. It appears to me that there hasn't really been much outside of that discussion. Null with a slight scum lean.

13.Cory – Town. I'm pretty sure you could easily trick me into believing that, but that's all I have at the moment. You play exactly how I would think you would play town, so I'm going with that for now.

14.Clov – Town. Solid. Same comment as on Cory actually. Pretty sure you could fool me if you wanted to.  

I'm going to go back and do some more ISOs, and then hopefully have someone to vote at the end of it.

Dice is town by the way.

Why?

Because your posts read the way I expect you to talk, and not like last game, when you were scum.

First part: Not liking this. You're forcing him into reading you as town, because "otherwise he'll be scum".

Second part: I posted less because I only noticed the game yesterday late in the midday as my laptop had crashed several times and I had neither checked DM yet, nor opened my mail. On top of that we were watching some TV series yesterday evening an I went to bed relatively early, and then I was away from home this morning. So all in all, there wasn't much time for me to BE here to post.

Someone also mentioned me voting Ithi: I did it partly as a joke on that game with Lenlo, but partly also because I always joke vote Ithi and I saw it as a good way to still put in somewhat of a joke vote while also getting stuff going. Which it did pretty well. As for her role claim, I had never thought about claiming immediately with a survivor, but I can see it working. However, because I had not anticipated something like that, I was like "it'll be a joke" at first.

ISOed Dice, and I think a bunch of the things Tina is pointing out seems more like Dice encouraging and helping new members, while also providing information so as to help to get a meta on Zander in particular. I agree with the whole encouragement side of things, and probably will do the same thing if given a chance. I don't see anything particularly scummy in that.

As for meta it's probably not going to be easy to use in a game with several new people. There's myself, Zander, Shadar and seph, and I can't imagine any of us have a very strong meta so far. Or maybe I'm wrong about me... the other three though... 

People tend to be joking way less in mafia than other places on the board. In mafia people can also get rather intense with each other, and then go somewhere else and be all buddy buddy. It's the nature of the game. 

I also ISOed Darthe, and I'm not any closer to clearing him than I was to begin with. If you want to be in the clear, better start working on it, dude.

Off to do Turin's ISO.

How do you think it got things going? I didn´t understand that it was supposed to be a joke vote.

About Cory - I understand if you think it looks that way but I don´t think Cory will see it that way. Cory, do you? He is just really good at reading me and I don´t think he has ever been wrong about me. 

Dice is town by the way.

Why?

Because your posts read the way I expect you to talk, and not like last game, when you were scum.

First part: Not liking this. You're forcing him into reading you as town, because "otherwise he'll be scum".

Second part: I posted less because I only noticed the game yesterday late in the midday as my laptop had crashed several times and I had neither checked DM yet, nor opened my mail. On top of that we were watching some TV series yesterday evening an I went to bed relatively early, and then I was away from home this morning. So all in all, there wasn't much time for me to BE here to post.

Someone also mentioned me voting Ithi: I did it partly as a joke on that game with Lenlo, but partly also because I always joke vote Ithi and I saw it as a good way to still put in somewhat of a joke vote while also getting stuff going. Which it did pretty well. As for her role claim, I had never thought about claiming immediately with a survivor, but I can see it working. However, because I had not anticipated something like that, I was like "it'll be a joke" at first.

First part: I noticed that too, and that's part of what I don't like about Tina's post.

Second part: That would probably be me, and, like I said.. not prepared to take you to the gallows yet.

How do you think it got things going? I didn´t understand that it was supposed to be a joke vote.

About Cory - I understand if you think it looks that way but I don´t think Cory will see it that way. Cory, do you? He is just really good at reading me and I don´t think he has ever been wrong about me. 

Well, it wasn't a full out joke vote. I mean, a full out joke vote isn't to get things going, while this was meant to sparkle discussion.

First about Zander. I like Turin´s posts about him and could just have quoted his posts with a +1. 

Good morning. Can I go back to bed now?

ya it almost seems scummy...lol

Interesting. What makes you say that?

just thought that if he was town he'd want to stay and help us locate scum.

For me it was an obvious joke about the theme. 

Zander, I find it odd that you have nudged twice at Seph for basically not being around when you yourself left after about 15 minutes of interacting once you were asked a serious question by Ithi.

Little bit of pot meet kettle perhaps?  

Agree. 

Ithi is town

Bfg slight town

Maybe Zander too

[v] Turin [/v]

Locking those reads in for D1

I agree with you on Ithillian and probably BFG, but I don't see where you are coming from with Zander at all.  If anything, Zander is one of the people I'm most suspicious of ATM based on his comment that everybody seemed townie at the time.  I just played a game with him (his first game) and he seemed to be relatively suspicious of MOST people.  

Obviously one game is an exceptionally small - and borderline worthless - sample size, but his rapid change in approach has my attention.

Not sure what you're seeing with Turin.  Null on him right now

well my approach in that game got me lynched first day as a townie.  figured id try a bit differnt approach so i dont leave our village short handed again

he-is-saying.jpg

lol It doesn´t help him. 

Seph, I didn't switch back to Darthe. I voted Cory to remind myself he could be mafia trying to place himself above the fray (still possible). Then I voted Ley for his unreasonable (IMO) push at Ithi. I am now voting Darthe because he has refused to give his reasons for any of his reads and he has ignored Ithi's casee on him. He looks to be most mafia of everyone so far. I was actually waiting for Darthe and Zander to come back and explain themselves. Darthe returned but refused to explain. Even a "feels" read would be something. His refusal to say anything  other than to say that others are playing bad is most suspicious.

I am still suspicious of Zander for his early play. I see he is back but only really nudged you again. I could vote him too. Darthe is still number one tho.

wasnt a play was an attempt to engage people

What was an attempt to engage people? 

I don't think Turin-Darthe is not mafia-mafia. Does anybody think they could be?

Double negative. Just in case there's a lie detector in the game.

He thinks Darthe and Turin are both mafia lol

thought clovs idea of turrin and darthe mafia vs mafia an interesting prospect. mostlt just a feeling.

especially since i was wondering about him after town reading bfg when all she said was like hello and i think asked if someone was town.  seemed like he was inviting people to call him on it.

and i havent ruled out illi as a possible survivor though im 50 50 if its good for town or not.

my bad but i dont believe the possible mafia vs mafia play between them is out of the realm of possibility.

him sorry is Darthe.  im starting to lean him away from town not fully but its starting.

"Starting to lean..." as in "I don´t want to vote Darthe but I see how the wind blows and I want to blend in"? 

I´m already voting Zander and will keep my vote there.

About Darthe - I absolutely don´t understand his play at all. Like Turin and Ithi says, he is not interested in helping town. Why doesn´t he answer questions? Why won´t he explain? Why does he say that Ithi misreps (without pointing out what she misreped) while calling her town? Especially strange since she has claimed third party. I could definitely vote Darthe as well.

Turin - can you just forget about the role fishing talk? I was just tired. Trying to fish for third party/catching lies is not really bad. I agree with most of your posts and you´re in the top of my town list. 

About Ithi - Ithi has claimed third party. She is not town! Seph said it well - third party do whatever they can to win. Whatever most of you want to believe, Ithi will side with mafia if she think it benefits her. I do believe her claim and I do believe that we have got to get rid of her eventually. I´ve seen town loose several times since the believed in the townieness of third party players. 

More posts soon. 

So your tired excuse is fine for saything something people are over you about but me saying im hungover (which is a way better reason btw) isn't.  seems like somone is being hypicritical.

leaning mafia with Tina

And yes leaning again beucae Im leaning towards more then mafia now and will wait to see who is more deserving or dosen't clear themselves.

Dice is town by the way.

Why?

Ty Ley  I think you just did a good job of clearing yourself to me.

Also good point re Tina to Cory

Okay. And did that discussion give you any reads?

Mostly that Dice is town. Got a town lean on Turin too, scum lean on Darthe, not really anything else from the top of my head.

Still don´t understand how you all read Dice as town. Can you explain it too me. Very slowly.

Archived