DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

Yet off the top of my head I think most people have said he's town for some reason

:confused:

New player made good observations he didn't have to make and that are unintuitive for mafia to make.  That's the basis of my read.  

OKOK will try to see if I can see what you see

Good morning. Can I go back to bed now?

Ith now why would I do that lol. That hurts zander... you juat called me scummy

Soon think ithi isnt mafia, she has been the main one prodding. I will work on that to be of some help here.

Sorry for my lack of posting, had a little bit.of catching up to. I am curious about Darthe and turin.

Turin I was wondering why you are switching tour vote so much. It seems as if your trying to get others to split up their vote. I understand why you jumped to ley. It seems you defend ithi in most games. But why jump back to Darth. It seems from your suspicion darth was you and ithi #1 target because of his responses. Why not vote darth in the first place.

this just a suspicion.

Ithi does he normally change his votes this often?

Seph, I didn't switch back to Darthe. I voted Cory to remind myself he could be mafia trying to place himself above the fray (still possible). Then I voted Ley for his unreasonable (IMO) push at Ithi. I am now voting Darthe because he has refused to give his reasons for any of his reads and he has ignored Ithi's casee on him. He looks to be most mafia of everyone so far. I was actually waiting for Darthe and Zander to come back and explain themselves. Darthe returned but refused to explain. Even a "feels" read would be something. His refusal to say anything  other than to say that others are playing bad is most suspicious.

I am still suspicious of Zander for his early play. I see he is back but only really nudged you again. I could vote him too. Darthe is still number one tho.

Ah ok yea I thought that the part where he came back was before ley.

and zander not being on for this long anyways is suspicious lol

I was around Turin I just was taking my fiancee to work, while reading. there was quite a lot of posts in a short amount of time.

k

I don't know if Darth is mafia. If he was I feel like he would, or should be more inclined to defend himself. He obviously is not just taking it. Just he was already irritated by the 5th page. Ithi is really trying to push everyone for darth

You can almost always find a flaw in anyone's post and make a argument. But I feel like while I want to trust dice,and his vote of confidence with ithi as everyone else. We know regardless that she can help or hurt the town..... that is pretty dangerous, because the point of the game is to win. So how long before she turns on the town.

With no solid evidence on anyone it seems like the logical choice, as it could always be a cover as well.

I feel as if Cory, clov, and turin, and zander are in the town. I would say dice as well but if it turns ithi was mafia after all, he did give his word. His word is why I want to give her the benefit, and the fact she has tried to prod alot of people into giving her responses.

Im so lost on what to do lol. But that is kind of where I am now. Sorry ithi <3

* retract any statement*

*hides in corner*

About Cory. He said that he wouldn´t start to give reads until later. It feels like it has been a long time since I played with him. I find it strange that he doesn´t get involved more but this is what he has said so far:

- He thinks Ithi is contributing to this game and says we should lynch third party at LYLO -1. He thinks Ley is wrong about Ithi but probably town being wrong.

- I take his question to Dice as him believing Dice to be town. Why?

- Zander is more controlled and rigid. Does that mean scummy?

- He doesn´t have me as town.

I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. 

About Ley - I got a townie vibe from his posts first  but... the amount of posts are fewer than in the last game that I played with him and there is something about that unvote. Not sure about him. 

Tina and Sooh, welcome to the party

I don't really have a good read on them, I however am leaning a bit towards town with Sooh

Though because of the comment, is the only thing I was concerned with. I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. I don't really like going on others suspicions, I would like to have my own reasons. I will be watching a bit more closely with the one's who were not able to post yesterday :)

(Quote)"I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. "  which others pointed out. 

Ley I am still unsure. As a new player I wasn't able to get your joke at the beginning,  but I do appreciate the ones who got the game moving. I am definitely back to null, slightly town with him with the later comments he made.

I am unsure of Dice, BFG( need some more posts!) and yates

With Zander I know mafia is different, and he was apparently lynched 1st last game. He is just not playing like HIS PERSONALITY. I am unsure, but a slight mafia lean.

darthe is the same as before, just waiting until he gets back in =p

For me zander, I know you said you had to switch your play style, but your play this game is just entirely different from your personality, I started to notice it after a couple of re-reads. maybe it will just take me some time to get used to mafia zanders play style lol. 

I always take other's points into account, but for me that is way I have you slightly towards the other side now.

It isn't anything solid, just going to definitely be watching. hope that cleared up my decision. 

Just pulling these for myself for later, need to fish around for context

Poot are you ghana be around any time of soon so we can chat in real time? :wub:

I do like that you seemingly take some exception to his longer posts, where it was his shorter posts that rubbed me the wrong way.  Probably pretty telling for us :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Damn Turin expected List of reads

1.Sooh - Nothing has stood out really. There was a post from her holiday I remember. Nothing has made me feel oooh you must be mafia.

2.Tina - Agreed on the Darthe thing ... did she vote? I don't think so. I'm feeling she'll get the hell out of dodge than get bogged down in it though. That could be a 'don't look at me tactic'

3.Zander- It was him who did the 'hey everyone is Town' and then 'Oh no he's scummy' and then 'Ooops I have a hangover *eject eject*' thingy yes? That was a bit of a flip about in a short space of time. I almost voted him for this. It seemed wrong.

4.Darthe - I think he's playing me on purpose. I also think he's mafia.

5.Ithi- I am a third party survivor

6.Shadar - said he doesn't have time and legged it.

7.Dice- That hedge thing is spot on with Dice. He's far more open/less cautious. His speech flows more natuarally and I'm not feeling editing going on. I think he's Town. Thats's probably a first for me on Day One. I credit the simpsons completely

8.Yates - he's made one post in the middle of the night where he said he'll be back. I don't think he has been so far, and an unfulfilled promise niggles me big time.

9.seph - he posted for the sake of posting. He could be new town and worried about not looking like town. If so, please just relax and be yourself. There's nothing worse than an over anxious or plotty townsperson. It did flag my thoughts when he did that though.

10.BFG- Did she also post an I'll be back thing? has she been back? Tick tock on the coming backs and re-reads.

11.Turin - is under his usual level of surveillance from me. Town Turin and Mafia Turin both buddy me senselessly and I'll use that while it's useful. If I start getting the heeby jeebies morer then I'll happily lead the charge for his lynching.

12.Ley - I'm disappointed that I'm no longer facing my impending death. That could have been a mafia pushing an easy lynch on a not town, but I think he was just being a bit daft. It seemed quite honest like it was the logical thing to do. ley is like a Mafia Spock really. He just let go though and then said it was all just a joke. That was disappointing because it meant he was 'playing for angles' rather than being 'totally honest' He's on my watch list for the turn around.

13.Cory - reasonable and calm and helpful. Had a barney with Turin and then ended up being besties in a very short space of time. I swear I saw man hugs happening. Made me think hmmmmmmm ... But then did own up to saying something totally stupid and that made me feel better about him, because open honesty in a mafia game sits far better with me that plotty plotters who plot.

14.Clov - sometimes I think he's town and I don't feel like he's throwing any angles at me. But I honestly don't know. He's very good at this game I think and so could probably seem like anything he wanted.

I voted for Darthe because he posted two town reads and then voted Turin with no reasoning. I'd seen nothing from Turin to indicate he was mafia up till that point. It was a feel vote. He then continued to be obstructive and ambiguous. he kept saying I was Town when I wasn't.

So it'd be better if i voted you over someone I scumread?  How does you not agreeing with my read mean jack about my alignment?

I disagreed with you. Why are you getting so cross. Your vote felt wrong. I voted you because of that.

He's mafia and is now resorting to dirty tricks and insinuations.

He also pushing emotional buttons. Which is his top tip for dealing with me when mafia.

Can you provide some examples of where he's done this in the past as mafia, please?  I'd like to make a comparison.

I am not positive about this one. I think it was in the hydra game that Csarmi ran on the main board. The comments were in the mafia QT. There was some poking about there. Let me see if I can find a link. 

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/88425-advancedexperimental-mass-effect-i-hydra-game-game-over/?do=findComment&comment=3203031

hope that works.

Ithi how do you feel about players other than Darthe?

Genius question, I know

I've done the list thing now.

I kept getting Seph and Zander muddled up as they're new people and it takes a while for a new person to gel as a separate entity with me. I had to go back and check who said what.

I see a lot of people questioning my first posts, I honestly thought that every was just saying hi there, as most of the posts seemed playful. I had just woke up to take my fiancee to work. Anyways what is done is done, and I learned a valuable lesson. When the game starts..... it starts. 

I see a lot of people questioning my first posts, I honestly thought that every was just saying hi there, as most of the posts seemed playful. I had just woke up to take my fiancee to work. Anyways what is done is done, and I learned a valuable lesson. When the game starts..... it starts. 

This varies on a person by person basis, but as a general rule, I think anything said in thread is - and should be - considered fair game.  For both scumreading AND townreading.

This varies on a person by person basis, but as a general rule, I think anything said in thread is - and should be - considered fair game.  For both scumreading AND townreading.

That is fine clov I just wanted to state that, since that is what most people were concerned with.

dice do you ever get annoyed how much i like posting that post

sometimes i just like hearing myself talk

Actually it makes me grin every time you do it lol

Ithillian, I briefly looked through your posts just now and I can't figure out why you have Turin as town this game.  Can you talk about that a little bit?

I know ithi answered this so im gonna give you what came to mind when i read this.

She ALWAYS has Turin town for quite a while. I think ive seen her jump on him as early as D2 ONCE and he was being blatently buddying. like over the top buddying even for turin/ithi. Turins buddying of ithi helps me read him actually. I expect him to buddy her. i expect him to white knight her. But i kinda have a level for it in my head. if he goes over that, he mafia. 

re Seph   I didnt like his reads post. I had a gut reaction to him saying welcome to the party to tina and sooh and to the fact that he list sooh as a town lean yet is unsure on me. He also has me listed with 2 inactives and seems to be lumping me into that category.

Would like to see the reasons behind the listings

Yet off the top of my head I think most people have said he's town for some reason

New player made good observations he didn't have to make and that are unintuitive for mafia to make.  That's the basis of my read.  

OKOK will try to see if I can see what you see

About Cory. He said that he wouldn´t start to give reads until later. It feels like it has been a long time since I played with him. I find it strange that he doesn´t get involved more but this is what he has said so far:

- He thinks Ithi is contributing to this game and says we should lynch third party at LYLO -1. He thinks Ley is wrong about Ithi but probably town being wrong.

- I take his question to Dice as him believing Dice to be town. Why?

- Zander is more controlled and rigid. Does that mean scummy?

- He doesn´t have me as town.

I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. 

About Ley - I got a townie vibe from his posts first  but... the amount of posts are fewer than in the last game that I played with him and there is something about that unvote. Not sure about him. 

Tina and Sooh, welcome to the party

I don't really have a good read on them, I however am leaning a bit towards town with Sooh

Though because of the comment, is the only thing I was concerned with. I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. I don't really like going on others suspicions, I would like to have my own reasons. I will be watching a bit more closely with the one's who were not able to post yesterday :)

(Quote)"I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. "  which others pointed out. 

Ley I am still unsure. As a new player I wasn't able to get your joke at the beginning,  but I do appreciate the ones who got the game moving. I am definitely back to null, slightly town with him with the later comments he made.

I am unsure of Dice, BFG( need some more posts!) and yates

With Zander I know mafia is different, and he was apparently lynched 1st last game. He is just not playing like HIS PERSONALITY. I am unsure, but a slight mafia lean.

darthe is the same as before, just waiting until he gets back in =p

For me zander, I know you said you had to switch your play style, but your play this game is just entirely different from your personality, I started to notice it after a couple of re-reads. maybe it will just take me some time to get used to mafia zanders play style lol. 

I always take other's points into account, but for me that is way I have you slightly towards the other side now.

It isn't anything solid, just going to definitely be watching. hope that cleared up my decision. 

here he has commented twice on Zanders personality. Its making me nervous. Seph has seen zanders personality in the band. the guys a NUT! (he did choose infantry after all) and yes he is posting differently here. But this is EXACTLY why i posted about him whinging about his hangover elsewhere and that he's probably finding he has to be different in mafia, because he IS being different to what you see on the boards. Seph seems to be missing that post of mine.

Vote Seph

dice do you ever get annoyed how much i like posting that post

sometimes i just like hearing myself talk

Actually it makes me grin every time you do it lol

Ithillian, I briefly looked through your posts just now and I can't figure out why you have Turin as town this game.  Can you talk about that a little bit?

I know ithi answered this so im gonna give you what came to mind when i read this.

She ALWAYS has Turin town for quite a while. I think ive seen her jump on him as early as D2 ONCE and he was being blatently buddying. like over the top buddying even for turin/ithi. Turins buddying of ithi helps me read him actually. I expect him to buddy her. i expect him to white knight her. But i kinda have a level for it in my head. if he goes over that, he mafia. 

This is actually false. She basically ignores me until it is obvious that I am town or mafia to her. She takes her little mental notes and makes her mind later. She knows that I will likely follow her lead because I usually don't have enough time to keep playing at the involvement level it takes for me to play well. This means I will sheep her early if she makes a good case. I agree with her thinking on Darthe so have come around to vote there as well. 

TBH I think the gme you are thinking of was the pick your own role thing where Ithi was a treestump and I was a cult jester bomb. ( i had to get lynched and the hammer would join my team so I was really trying to get lynched and did everything over the top there.

For Cory some good mafia efforts from me:

GoT by Darthe in the BT :very old

Axe and the Hammer on the main mafia board. also very old (technically I was a SK but joined the mafia/cult)

Some bad ones:

Despothera house of the undead I think in the BT

Final Fantasy on the main board

I am not going back to look for links. I haven't been mafia for a while in any case.

perhaps a difference in perspective Turin. Would you say she EVER contemplates lynching you D1 say? or even 2? and no i wasnt thinking of that game. 

Clov I find him posting about it twice to be odd. And im voting him for that AND my gut reaction to his reads list. Zander added to that when i reread the quotes before posting.

perhaps a difference in perspective Turin. Would you say she EVER contemplates lynching you D1 say? or even 2? and no i wasnt thinking of that game. 

I would say that is more accurate. I am back burner material for her early.  Almost never D1, Rarely D2 unless I do something weird but she is usually dead N1 or N2.

I am curious, which game were you thinking of? I know I have had some really awful games as mafia. 

Dice I am suspicious of you 1st. I don't believe you have done anything to help the town.I have seen you prod some people but its pretty lax. for the most part almost all of your posts look like this up yo about page 13????????

dicetosser1, on 18 Apr 2015 - 6:27 PM, said:snapback.png

so what are your thoughts on the game so far? what has struck you about people?

Leyrann, on 19 Apr 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:snapback.png

Dice is town by the way.

Why?

You are asking people for there reads, or why they make them yet I have seen none by you. If there was it might have been 1 I can't find it though.

As to why I would lean sooh town and not you? well she had a big event planned, and still managed a post by page 9. While I see folks upset about me posting about me posting to post, you are accusing me of it, without even voicing ANYTHING.

Also sooh has attempted to give people here reads.

Sooh, on 19 Apr 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:snapback.png

My reads so far, as you can see I really need to go back and do some ISOing on a few people, but at least this gives you all an idea of where I'm at   :smile:

And yes Tina, Stockholm is lovely!   :wub: Also you have a lot of really handsome men over there! RAWR!

1.Sooh – town

2.Tina – So very not sure about you yet. Despite your latest catch up I don't feel like I have a good read. I'll keep watching.

3.Zander (Mentored by Kaylee) – I understand where he's coming from. His early posts are totally in character, and I can see why he would redact when the same jumping on him happened here as in his first game. I really like your post # 195. That's how you should play and read people, and I should probably take my own advice there as well. You're in my null pile for now, because I clearly demonstrated in your first game that I can't read you. If you are mafia and fooling me, shame on you! lol

4.Darthe – You puzzle me this game. I haven't played with you much, but I was expecting you to do more reads. Granted the number of players who have been actively engaged in the game so far hasn't been great, but it's more than Ithi and Turin. What are some of your other reads? Please let me know so I may take you off from scum-lean.

5.Ithi – Third party survivor claim. I have no real reason not to believe you, and so far you seem invested in a town win. I will be watching closely though   :tongue:

6.Shadar – Very low on content. I'll be looking forward to seeing more posts.

7.Dice – Also not too great on content. I was leaning town, but I see Tina has you as scum. That makes me interested in going back to do an ISO and see if I might have missed something. For now, null. I'll get back to reading you later.

8.Yates – Very much looking forward to reading your take.

9.seph (Mentored by Tress) – I like your analysis of a lot of the content here. It's short and to the point. I haven't seen anything I don't like. Town so far.

10.BFG – Little to no content. Strange to me why some have you as town. I'll give you a null and see what happens.

11.Turin – Effectively null to me at the moment. Nothing that gives me a clear idea if you're town or scum. I need to ISO to see if I can get a better idea then.

12.Ley – The quick vote on Ithi seemed strange to me, as it did to many others. You've said later that it was to get the game going, which is ok, but I would like to see some more content. It appears to me that there hasn't really been much outside of that discussion. Null with a slight scum lean.

13.Cory – Town. I'm pretty sure you could easily trick me into believing that, but that's all I have at the moment. You play exactly how I would think you would play town, so I'm going with that for now.

14.Clov – Town. Solid. Same comment as on Cory actually. Pretty sure you could fool me if you wanted to.  

I'm going to go back and do some more ISOs, and then hopefully have someone to vote at the end of it.

As I said before I want to take in everything about how people have played in the past, as that seems to be the way to go, since you all tend to quote past games often. (the meta apparently) and I have this to go off of.

TinaHel, on 19 Apr 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:snapback.png

Many of you have Dice as town and I wonder why. I don´t like his posts very much. This is what he has to say about Zander and Darthe, the two I´m most suspicious of. 

dicetosser1, on 18 Apr 2015 - 5:01 PM, said:snapback.png

Ithillian, on 18 Apr 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:snapback.png

Zander, on 18 Apr 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:snapback.png

honestly im experiencing an epic hangover so my brain is jumbled

Im wondering why you'd post in a mafia game if you feel so terrible. Why was it so important lol

Im reading early posts by Zander as typical Zander. he was whinging about that hangover in the Band too lol. So he started out consistent. that makes me think town but im not putting the farm on it. his tone changes where hes talking back and forth with Turin but then I kinda think it has too. the way he acts in the boards would get him lynched quick in mafia. Am watching him tho

Ithillian, on 18 Apr 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:snapback.png

I'm still not actually Town though.

Leyrann, on 18 Apr 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Ithillian, on 18 Apr 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:snapback.png

Leyrann, on 18 Apr 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:snapback.png

It's never too early to get rid of symps.

Vote: Ithi

Not a symp. Just a survivor. I don't know how to play any other way lol

Of course.

Hey, we can also stick to the rule "lynch all confirmed non-town when in doubt" instead. But don't you want to be done with it just now?

obviously ive been ninjad but you see ithis post above? Do you REALLY think that ITHI of all people will play AGAINST town as a survivor? or that she'd fake claim survivor? Cause I dont. 

And whats with the symp bit? What makes you think that? you may have answered this and i missed it but if not make with the splainy.

Darthe, on 18 Apr 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:snapback.png

Turin Turambar, on 18 Apr 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:snapback.png

Leyrann, on 18 Apr 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:snapback.png

It's never too early to get rid of symps.

Vote: Ithi

You think Ithi would claim survivor to symp signal? That would be crazy. You let that game get too far into your head. Remember the past but do not let it control you. 

Or more likely you are just hoping to make sure mafia doesn't get lynched today.

Nice try.

Unvote

Vote: Leyrann

Pitiful.  Defending her this heavy before page 5?  It looks like you know her alignment already.

you should totally expect that. and you know it. Over all Darthe your pushing on  ithi and turin is terrible. Only thing stopping my vote is that I dont think you play THIS bad if mafia. I think you are much more calculating as mafia then as town.

Having said that it wont take much more scummy play to make my vote happen.

dicetosser1, on 18 Apr 2015 - 6:18 PM, said:snapback.png

your absolutely right about him being more rigid.that a really good word for it. but i kinda expect it from him. think he's gonna find like i did that there needs to be a difference between Social Orgs Dice and Mafia game Dice.

im willing to give him a little time

Darthe is playing too bad to be mafia??? And talk about protecting Zander while saying that you need to watch him. Why would him saying he has a hangover explain those posts of his even though he said he had a hangover in another thead? 

corycurren, on 11 Dec 2014 - 8:56 PM, said:snapback.png

corycurren, on 11 Dec 2014 - 8:56 PM, said:snapback.png

Let's talk about how to read dice. I've played ~14 games with him and in the course of those games read several of his older wolf games. This ish has worked for me quite reliably. Maybe it'll help you.

Content-wise, dice's reads are more complex as a villager. He comes up with wolf reads backed by original reasoning that call attention to him. As a wolf, he posts reads, but they're pretty basic stuff and he tends to miss or ignore significant things. On occasion he has trouble judging how confident he should be in his reads.

Tonally, dice tends to sound looser as a villager. There's an emotional component to his reactions that is often missing as a wolf. He comes across as more committed to his reads. When he's wolfing, he may try posting a bit of fluff here and there, usually early in a game, but mostly he comes across as grimly determined to fulfill his role.

He has a volume tell. He's aware of it and might conceivably try to address it in the short term when he's wolfing, but still, it's there. This would already be his highest posting wolf game of all time.

We're left with a situation in which he's either playing his best wolf game ever, by some distance, or he's a villager. Obviously someone who has played 85 long games is more likely to be a villager than to have finally learned how to post like his villager self on his 14th try as a wolf.

Here's a summary in gif form for people who dislike words:

When dice is a villager, he posts like this:

uzJRONT.gif

When dice is a wolf, he posts like this:

u93z7BT.gif

Honestly which one have you looked more like. Today you have been posting more obviously. most of it was when you directed things toward me however.

Going back to zander.do you point out when ANYONE else makes the same point twice?? It has happened more than once. I was just stating what I saw and you jumped on a gut conclusion.

since when is reiterating something scummy? (first use of the word scummy )

You voted me off a gut feeling from me welcoming people, and me repeating something, as for sooh My upper posts covered it.

That seems shady if you ask me. 

Nononono! Stoopid page don't eat my post!

*sigh*

Short recap of my thoughts then...

Darthe can you give me your BFG is town read please.  im either not getting it or missing something.

BFG - Town i'm kidding

My read on her is relative to the early thread.  It doesn't really have weight behind it but I've kept it up so far because it's interesting to see what comes of stuff like that and I think she has a tough time fitting in as mafia based on our limited experience together.  In essence I wouldn't have expected her to be so immediately active if she was mafia so I fielded that thought by including her in my reads list.  Cory would have made the list too if he hadn't burned me so many times.

Well I'll be very interested in seeing what she says when she catches up. As will you I suppose. 

1.Sooh-town lean-just a feeling.  her posts seem sincere thus far.
2.Tina-slight mafia lean have agreed with most of her comments except about me. and thought the whole fishing thing was wierd. thought ley made a good point.  seems like she forcing a town read from cory.
3.Zander-town
4.Darthe-still cant shake the ilihi and turrin kowing their alignment comment. havent yet seen a comment that made me change my mind.  first saying they are cheating then buddying...too big a contradiction for me
5.Ithi- believe she is 3rd Party
6.Shadar-havent seen enough/being replaced.
7.Dice- town lean- hasnt done anything apprently scummy to me
8.Yates-havent seen enough
9.seph (Mentored by Tress)- not yet sure though he seems to be trying to figure things out on his own as opposed to following the pack.
10.BFG-havent seen enough
11.Turin-town lean- im fine with game thus far
12.Ley-not sure yet.  though liked his interaction with tina.
13.Cory- wanna say town real bad but my guts telling me something else.
14.Clov- believe hes been town for awhile.  seems like he's diggin out scum. strongest read for me

[v]Darthe[/v]

I was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit more on your gut feeling of Cory as scum... Have you seen stuff to back that up?

I voted for Darthe because he posted two town reads and then voted Turin with no reasoning. I'd seen nothing from Turin to indicate he was mafia up till that point. It was a feel vote. He then continued to be obstructive and ambiguous. he kept saying I was Town when I wasn't. He said he's explained himself when he hadn't. He was saying I was Town but also saying scummy things. He was trying to have it all ways and them cementing my feel on him.

Yes all this garbage about me and Turin ruining every game we're in has come later ... but I figured that was him trying to nullify my vote on him and make it seem like a personal thing. When really he just feels really wrong to me.

Then he starts with the further escalation of Turinithi and the 'hey are you guys in cahoots?' which he knew would totally wind me up, because he's had it as a legitimate tool of mafia to use against me to make me lose the plot in a game.

Nothing he's done so far has made me think he isn't mafia, using every advantage he has to not die, because I have a tendancy to push through a vote on a person I believe is mafia.

With regards to Turin ... I bank stuff up on him. Oddities and the like. When he defends, when he doesn't, what jokes he cracks, if they're actually funny lol and the code failing type stuff too. I need a bit more on him before I'll start to get nervous, but usually I have him sussed on day 3 ish, when I'm still alive lol. Before then, his buddying technique on me usually means I have an extra vote on my side that I can use to my advantage.

Clov posted a good post before this about the timing of the posts. Darthe made a reads list almost before anyone had posted any content at all. That can't possibly have been based on anything. I read that as him trying to get a reaction. He did. 

I'm just surprised that none of those early votes have budged much.... Only one to change votes I believe was Turin. 

Re: seph

I think you and Clov made this conclusion already, but to me I had him as slight town in my first read because I want to give him some room as a new player. I haven't seen much that he hasn't explained already, though missing what both me and Dice said about Zander and his tone is a bit strange. He is on my radar..

The Damn Turin expected List of reads

1.Sooh - Nothing has stood out really. There was a post from her holiday I remember. Nothing has made me feel oooh you must be mafia.
2.Tina - Agreed on the Darthe thing ... did she vote? I don't think so. I'm feeling she'll get the hell out of dodge than get bogged down in it though. That could be a 'don't look at me tactic'
3.Zander- It was him who did the 'hey everyone is Town' and then 'Oh no he's scummy' and then 'Ooops I have a hangover *eject eject*' thingy yes? That was a bit of a flip about in a short space of time. I almost voted him for this. It seemed wrong.
4.Darthe - I think he's playing me on purpose. I also think he's mafia.
6.Shadar - said he doesn't have time and legged it.
7.Dice- That hedge thing is spot on with Dice. He's far more open/less cautious. His speech flows more natuarally and I'm not feeling editing going on. I think he's Town. Thats's probably a first for me on Day One. I credit the simpsons completely
8.Yates - he's made one post in the middle of the night where he said he'll be back. I don't think he has been so far, and an unfulfilled promise niggles me big time.
9.seph - he posted for the sake of posting. He could be new town and worried about not looking like town. If so, please just relax and be yourself. There's nothing worse than an over anxious or plotty townsperson. It did flag my thoughts when he did that though.
10.BFG- Did she also post an I'll be back thing? has she been back? Tick tock on the coming backs and re-reads.
11.Turin - is under his usual level of surveillance from me. Town Turin and Mafia Turin both buddy me senselessly and I'll use that while it's useful. If I start getting the heeby jeebies morer then I'll happily lead the charge for his lynching.
12.Ley - I'm disappointed that I'm no longer facing my impending death. That could have been a mafia pushing an easy lynch on a not town, but I think he was just being a bit daft. It seemed quite honest like it was the logical thing to do. ley is like a Mafia Spock really. He just let go though and then said it was all just a joke. That was disappointing because it meant he was 'playing for angles' rather than being 'totally honest' He's on my watch list for the turn around.
13.Cory - reasonable and calm and helpful. Had a barney with Turin and then ended up being besties in a very short space of time. I swear I saw man hugs happening. Made me think hmmmmmmm ... But then did own up to saying something totally stupid and that made me feel better about him, because open honesty in a mafia game sits far better with me that plotty plotters who plot.
14.Clov - sometimes I think he's town and I don't feel like he's throwing any angles at me. But I honestly don't know. He's very good at this game I think and so could probably seem like anything he wanted.

Ithi? I'm slightly confused that you have nothing on me.. I've been trying to participate and ask questions all day. I understand if you need to read some more to make a firm stance, but the only thing you remember is me being on holiday?

Turin? Can you please provide some of your reads as well? (sorry if you have already.. I tried to ISO, but didn't find anything... might be because it's late)

Ley? What's happening with you?

BFG and Yates, I'm looking forward to seeing your take on the game so far, and the same with Shady's replacement. 

Okay. I'm just starting to read the game now and need to ask something straight off the bat.

Also I'm not actually Town. I'm a 3rd Party Survivor.

Is this a serious hard claim? I see as of page 18 you were sticking to this story:

I ask because the last two times I allowed a 3rd party survivor to live I won once as scum [with Dice] and lost one as Town [with Arsis replacing Clov]. So, it hasn't worked out so well for Town either time.

I don't see a very recent vote count but does anyone have a really good reason I should be vote parking on Ithi right now?

Archived