DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

9 - 5 Mafia - Day 3 - GAME OVER! MAFIA WINS!

ReleaseTheEvil

If you want to take it as a personal attack then feel free to do so, I don't care about looking like a dick.  My only interests are in playing a game and solving the puzzle, something that you two detract from because regardless of everything relative to the game you often work together, defend each other, are sensitive as hell, reactive, emotionally involved and take everything spitefully.

You do it regularly.  You do it every game you're both in.  You do it without care for the effect it has on thread.  You do it senselessly.  

It makes you both a pain in the ass to try and work with and I am not remotely sorry for becoming aggravated by that when the two of you try to then turn it on people objectively stating any of the above.

I'll stand by it and if you want to make it something to lynch over then you prove yourselves the detraction that I already think you are based on the last 17 pages and three years of unyielding history.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.Sooh-town lean-just a feeling.  her posts seem sincere thus far.
2.Tina-slight mafia lean have agreed with most of her comments except about me. and thought the whole fishing thing was wierd. thought ley made a good point.  seems like she forcing a town read from cory.
3.Zander-town
4.Darthe-still cant shake the ilihi and turrin kowing their alignment comment. havent yet seen a comment that made me change my mind.  first saying they are cheating then buddying...too big a contradiction for me
5.Ithi- believe she is 3rd Party
6.Shadar-havent seen enough/being replaced.
7.Dice- town lean- hasnt done anything apprently scummy to me
8.Yates-havent seen enough
9.seph (Mentored by Tress)- not yet sure though he seems to be trying to figure things out on his own as opposed to following the pack.
10.BFG-havent seen enough
11.Turin-town lean- im fine with game thus far
12.Ley-not sure yet.  though liked his interaction with tina.
13.Cory- wanna say town real bad but my guts telling me something else.
14.Clov- believe hes been town for awhile.  seems like he's diggin out scum. strongest read for me

[v]Darthe[/v]

Also Darthe seems to be saying my vote on him is because I buddy Turin. This is incorrect. I don't buddy Turin, he buddys me. I voted for Darthe because his vote on Turin made no sense. He's trying to nullify my reasoning since then and paint it off as buddying. it's ok though as I'm used to people trying to brush off my thoughts and reasonings.

I'd like it on record that Darthe started the Turin/Ithi interaction episode and thus began the said distraction.

Actually I called one town and one mafia.  That you reacted to it was anticipated but you still remain responsible for your own actions.  

If you want to take it as a personal attack then feel free to do so, I don't care about looking like a dick.  My only interests are in playing a game and solving the puzzle, something that you two detract from because regardless of everything relative to the game you often work together, defend each other, are sensitive as hell, reactive, emotionally involved and take everything spitefully.

You do it regularly.  You do it every game you're both in.  You do it without care for the effect it has on thread.  You do it senselessly.  

It makes you both a pain in the ass to try and work with and I am not remotely sorry for becoming aggravated by that when the two of you try to then turn it on people objectively stating any of the above.

I'll stand by it and if you want to make it something to lynch over then you prove yourselves the detraction that I already think you are based on the last 17 pages and three years of unyielding history.

I've never said you were being personal. I did say you have implicitly said it's a legitimate tactic to use against me in a mafia game. I don't like the tactic but if you wish to use it that's your choice. If you make me unhappy by using it then I'm going to let you know that.

Also Darthe seems to be saying my vote on him is because I buddy Turin. This is incorrect. I don't buddy Turin, he buddys me. I voted for Darthe because his vote on Turin made no sense. He's trying to nullify my reasoning since then and paint it off as buddying. it's ok though as I'm used to people trying to brush off my thoughts and reasonings.

That's true enough more often than not.   Look at which of you I have town-read.

1.Sooh-town lean-just a feeling.  her posts seem sincere thus far.

2.Tina-slight mafia lean have agreed with most of her comments except about me. and thought the whole fishing thing was wierd. thought ley made a good point.  seems like she forcing a town read from cory.

3.Zander-town

4.Darthe-still cant shake the ilihi and turrin kowing their alignment comment. havent yet seen a comment that made me change my mind.  first saying they are cheating then buddying...too big a contradiction for me

5.Ithi- believe she is 3rd Party

6.Shadar-havent seen enough/being replaced.

7.Dice- town lean- hasnt done anything apprently scummy to me

8.Yates-havent seen enough

9.seph (Mentored by Tress)- not yet sure though he seems to be trying to figure things out on his own as opposed to following the pack.

10.BFG-havent seen enough

11.Turin-town lean- im fine with game thus far

12.Ley-not sure yet.  though liked his interaction with tina.

13.Cory- wanna say town real bad but my guts telling me something else.

14.Clov- believe hes been town for awhile.  seems like he's diggin out scum. strongest read for me

[v]Darthe[/v]

**** you I didn't call them cheaters.  That would be at best modkillable and I've never thought it of them.  I, at most, made comment that it was odd they used the same language in an X-post which could be something w/w would do.  

For the record, I'm assuming you are town reading him (Turin), because you said that Darthe's Turin vote made no sense - which is what prompted your vote (bolded).  Based on the course of the game at the time it was made, I don't see how you can say that.  First, Darthe's "reasoning" neither made sense nor didn't....there wasn't any.  It could have been a tone thing, it could have been a gut thing, it could have been RNG.org.  He didn't say, so I don't see how you can argue it made less sense than Turin voting Cory for posting a "lock clear" image.

Second, Darthe's vote came immediately after Turin's failed vote and correction.  This caught YOUR attention to the point where you felt the need to ask him if he didn't mean to vote Cory.  Then you asked him again about it after he ignored you.  Based on how you've presented your argument towards Darthe ignoring you, I would think you wouldn't feel so great about Turin on pages 2/3 that you wouldn't mind somebody pushing him a little.

More recently, I can see why you're frustrated with Darthe, but the entire argument between you three (you/Darthe/Turin) came LONG after you already voted Darthe, for what really seems like little more than an OMGUS vote on Turin's behalf.  So you can't possibly justify that vote with him being antagonistic towards you.  This makes me feel like you're okay lynching Darthe just because Darthe lynched Turin - not because you feel Darthe had a poorly constructed argument.

TL:DR - You make it seem like you and Turin want to lynch Darthe, the person, rather than the slot.  Him being a jerk does not inherently make him scum.

Ithi/Turin <3 u both but you say dumb things as either alignment.  Expect me to point out when you do so.

Hi again Darthe. You care to explain your Zander and BFG reads?

Or would you like to avoid that?

They seem clearly stated to me.  

Clearly stated is NOT explained

You missed the part about trying to get others to answer my questions didn't you?  Lesigh, let's do this.  

Why would I want to explain a read from page one to someone I'm trying to push off of their normal meta? 

Ithi is town

Bfg slight town

Maybe Zander too

[v] Turin [/v]

Locking those reads in for D1

Stated without explanantion. Okie dokie.

Reiterated of the above meant to make me look bad but without serving any actual purpose or providing anything incriminating.  There's a sense of duality involved in thinking everyone has to play with your relationship in mind but that you shouldn't cater to anyone elses long standing meta.  In essence I'm calling you a hypocrite if that wasn't simple enough.  

I wish I could give you tips for reading Darthe but all I can really say is get some tylenol

Not as if I'm straight forward and direct about everything. No, that would be crazy

Are you trying to say or even insinuate that you are straight forward and direct? Speak plain please.

I Forward & Direct.  U look hard 4 things not there.  U Make up.  Serve purposes as wolf.  Others buy into because wolves/inattentive/easier.  DM wolf win again.

No happy.

Let's skip the circlejerk.

Can anyone not named Turin/ithi (cause see above) point out a read I didn't explain or a point that I have avoided?

I'll quote the scummiest of this slander in a moment

Didn't realise I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion. Sorry. But you know you have avoided so if that is your "plan" continue...

And there was nothing above. 

Was "plan" coordinated between you two or something?

Responses inside.

whoa pump the brakes man. im sorry maybe i should have used the word implied.  but that and comment 90 i think it is make me think that your implying it.

I voted for Darthe because he posted two town reads and then voted Turin with no reasoning. I'd seen nothing from Turin to indicate he was mafia up till that point. It was a feel vote. He then continued to be obstructive and ambiguous. he kept saying I was Town when I wasn't. He said he's explained himself when he hadn't. He was saying I was Town but also saying scummy things. He was trying to have it all ways and them cementing my feel on him.

Yes all this garbage about me and Turin ruining every game we're in has come later ... but I figured that was him trying to nullify my vote on him and make it seem like a personal thing. When really he just feels really wrong to me.

Then he starts with the further escalation of Turinithi and the 'hey are you guys in cahoots?' which he knew would totally wind me up, because he's had it as a legitimate tool of mafia to use against me to make me lose the plot in a game.

Nothing he's done so far has made me think he isn't mafia, using every advantage he has to not die, because I have a tendancy to push through a vote on a person I believe is mafia.

With regards to Turin ... I bank stuff up on him. Oddities and the like. When he defends, when he doesn't, what jokes he cracks, if they're actually funny lol and the code failing type stuff too. I need a bit more on him before I'll start to get nervous, but usually I have him sussed on day 3 ish, when I'm still alive lol. Before then, his buddying technique on me usually means I have an extra vote on my side that I can use to my advantage.

I voted for Darthe because he posted two town reads and then voted Turin with no reasoning. I'd seen nothing from Turin to indicate he was mafia up till that point. It was a feel vote. He then continued to be obstructive and ambiguous. he kept saying I was Town when I wasn't. He said he's explained himself when he hadn't. He was saying I was Town but also saying scummy things. He was trying to have it all ways and them cementing my feel on him.

I don't understand this point.  If he's mafia, he basically knows whether you're telling the truth about being the survivor.  All he would have to do is check his scumchat and see if you're there?  Nope?  Okay, you're not mafia, and you probably aren't going to claim 3P when you're not...

So now he keeps saying you're town.  How does that fit a scum narrative?  I don't get how that stance helps his team at all.

Yes all this garbage about me and Turin ruining every game we're in has come later ... but I figured that was him trying to nullify my vote on him and make it seem like a personal thing. When really he just feels really wrong to me.

Then he starts with the further escalation of Turinithi and the 'hey are you guys in cahoots?' which he knew would totally wind me up, because he's had it as a legitimate tool of mafia to use against me to make me lose the plot in a game.

Nothing he's done so far has made me think he isn't mafia, using every advantage he has to not die, because I have a tendancy to push through a vote on a person I believe is mafia.

Bold - Is that not something to do as town?  I sure as hell am going to do anything within the rules of the game to not get lynched.  Yeah, you can say scum wants to not die, but so does town.  Or they should, anyway.  The ONLY part of this I feel is a legitimate argument is that he's done it before as mafia.  But that only matters if he's never made it personal with you two as town before.  I have no idea if that's the case, because this is my first time playing with all three of you, but based on my experience with him I'm going to assume it's not.

Ithillian, I briefly looked through your posts just now and I can't figure out why you have Turin as town this game.  Can you talk about that a little bit?

I don't believe I've given reads on anyone but Darthe so far this game.

I don't believe you have, either.  That was a loaded question to set up my point that you can't say "his vote didn't make sense", seeing as he gave no reason and you can't even use the "it's on one of my townread" explanations.

Yet off the top of my head I think most people have said he's town for some reason

:confused:

New player made good observations he didn't have to make and that are unintuitive for mafia to make.  That's the basis of my read.  

I voted for Darthe because he posted two town reads and then voted Turin with no reasoning. I'd seen nothing from Turin to indicate he was mafia up till that point. It was a feel vote. He then continued to be obstructive and ambiguous. he kept saying I was Town when I wasn't. 

So it'd be better if i voted you over someone I scumread?  How does you not agreeing with my read mean jack about my alignment?

Clov are you townreading Seph?

Not seeing it ATM, all I see is some big fluffy posts

He's more or less null for me.  I didn't like him at the start of the game based on him making excuses for not being around/some tone stuff.  I thought his bigger post I quoted last night was pretty good though - I still think "lynch the person who claims not town" is a pretty logical conclusion for a newer player to make.  His conclusion about Dice was bad IMO, but again, I think inexperience explains it.  

Not going to townread him for it, but I'm not going to condemn him, either.

Good morning. Can I go back to bed now?

Ith now why would I do that lol. That hurts zander... you juat called me scummy

Soon think ithi isnt mafia, she has been the main one prodding. I will work on that to be of some help here.
Sorry for my lack of posting, had a little bit.of catching up to. I am curious about Darthe and turin.

Turin I was wondering why you are switching tour vote so much. It seems as if your trying to get others to split up their vote. I understand why you jumped to ley. It seems you defend ithi in most games. But why jump back to Darth. It seems from your suspicion darth was you and ithi #1 target because of his responses. Why not vote darth in the first place.
this just a suspicion.
Ithi does he normally change his votes this often?

Seph, I didn't switch back to Darthe. I voted Cory to remind myself he could be mafia trying to place himself above the fray (still possible). Then I voted Ley for his unreasonable (IMO) push at Ithi. I am now voting Darthe because he has refused to give his reasons for any of his reads and he has ignored Ithi's casee on him. He looks to be most mafia of everyone so far. I was actually waiting for Darthe and Zander to come back and explain themselves. Darthe returned but refused to explain. Even a "feels" read would be something. His refusal to say anything  other than to say that others are playing bad is most suspicious.

I am still suspicious of Zander for his early play. I see he is back but only really nudged you again. I could vote him too. Darthe is still number one tho.

Ah ok yea I thought that the part where he came back was before ley.

and zander not being on for this long anyways is suspicious lol

I was around Turin I just was taking my fiancee to work, while reading. there was quite a lot of posts in a short amount of time.

k

I don't know if Darth is mafia. If he was I feel like he would, or should be more inclined to defend himself. He obviously is not just taking it. Just he was already irritated by the 5th page. Ithi is really trying to push everyone for darth

You can almost always find a flaw in anyone's post and make a argument. But I feel like while I want to trust dice,and his vote of confidence with ithi as everyone else. We know regardless that she can help or hurt the town..... that is pretty dangerous, because the point of the game is to win. So how long before she turns on the town.
With no solid evidence on anyone it seems like the logical choice, as it could always be a cover as well.

I feel as if Cory, clov, and turin, and zander are in the town. I would say dice as well but if it turns ithi was mafia after all, he did give his word. His word is why I want to give her the benefit, and the fact she has tried to prod alot of people into giving her responses.

Im so lost on what to do lol. But that is kind of where I am now. Sorry ithi <3

* retract any statement*
*hides in corner*

About Cory. He said that he wouldn´t start to give reads until later. It feels like it has been a long time since I played with him. I find it strange that he doesn´t get involved more but this is what he has said so far:

- He thinks Ithi is contributing to this game and says we should lynch third party at LYLO -1. He thinks Ley is wrong about Ithi but probably town being wrong.

- I take his question to Dice as him believing Dice to be town. Why?

- Zander is more controlled and rigid. Does that mean scummy?

- He doesn´t have me as town.

I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. 

About Ley - I got a townie vibe from his posts first  but... the amount of posts are fewer than in the last game that I played with him and there is something about that unvote. Not sure about him. 

Tina and Sooh, welcome to the party

I don't really have a good read on them, I however am leaning a bit towards town with Sooh

Though because of the comment, is the only thing I was concerned with. I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. I don't really like going on others suspicions, I would like to have my own reasons. I will be watching a bit more closely with the one's who were not able to post yesterday :)

(Quote)"I understand if you don´t have me as town yet but if you don´t have it later today I will be worried. You are really good at knowing my alignment. So far I have you as null and hope that you will come up with something good later. "  which others pointed out. 

Ley I am still unsure. As a new player I wasn't able to get your joke at the beginning,  but I do appreciate the ones who got the game moving. I am definitely back to null, slightly town with him with the later comments he made.

I am unsure of Dice, BFG( need some more posts!) and yates

With Zander I know mafia is different, and he was apparently lynched 1st last game. He is just not playing like HIS PERSONALITY. I am unsure, but a slight mafia lean.

darthe is the same as before, just waiting until he gets back in =p

For me zander, I know you said you had to switch your play style, but your play this game is just entirely different from your personality, I started to notice it after a couple of re-reads. maybe it will just take me some time to get used to mafia zanders play style lol. 

I always take other's points into account, but for me that is way I have you slightly towards the other side now.

It isn't anything solid, just going to definitely be watching. hope that cleared up my decision. 

Just pulling these for myself for later, need to fish around for context

Poot are you ghana be around any time of soon so we can chat in real time? :wub:

Yet off the top of my head I think most people have said he's town for some reason

:confused:

New player made good observations he didn't have to make and that are unintuitive for mafia to make.  That's the basis of my read.  

OKOK will try to see if I can see what you see

Actually I was asking if you had reads on anyone else, Darthe...

Cool, yes I do.

Do you have anything on anyone else to share?

Much!  Seems inopportune to post a basic reads list when the few I already made are being so heavily questioned but whatever.

Cory

BFG

Seph

Clov

Sooh

Ithi

Turin

Tina

everyone else is null

Darthe can you give me your BFG is town read please.  im either not getting it or missing something.

BFG - Town i'm kidding

My read on her is relative to the early thread.  It doesn't really have weight behind it but I've kept it up so far because it's interesting to see what comes of stuff like that and I think she has a tough time fitting in as mafia based on our limited experience together.  In essence I wouldn't have expected her to be so immediately active if she was mafia so I fielded that thought by including her in my reads list.  Cory would have made the list too if he hadn't burned me so many times.

Looks like Cory did make your list after all, or were you referring to the early one?

So previously there was no justification for the BFG town read and now when pressed your response is LOLOLOL I was just kidding and then you give a "reactions" line? Very straight forward. How could anyone ever doubt you? wheels inside of wheels yes. very much beyond my abilities. 

Archived