DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm figuring that out the hard way... I think I should stick with my general "I'll only speak when I have something big to say...."

This is notoriously hard to do as well. I make the mistake of often over-talking, but it is a fine balance between keeping quiet and looking like hiding scum. It's really tricky, but scum get away with it easily in inactive games like the WWII one (during certain periods). Here though, with many active players and posts, the quiet people stick out quickly. And Darthe himself isn't letting them slip by either so it makes for a better, albeit tougher game. Much more to go by when it comes to voting though.

Agreed. It's one of the reasons I left DM and mafia. 1- I couldn't be as active as I knew the games deserved and 2- when I was active pretty much the only ones left at endgame were inactives and maybe one or two actives. Makes for a very dull finish and very hard to actually find mafia. Just because you catch heat for something you say, doesn't mean you should stop saying stuff. It's the way the games played.

I'm figuring that out the hard way... I think I should stick with my general "I'll only speak when I have something big to say...."

This is notoriously hard to do as well. I make the mistake of often over-talking, but it is a fine balance between keeping quiet and looking like hiding scum. It's really tricky, but scum get away with it easily in inactive games like the WWII one (during certain periods). Here though, with many active players and posts, the quiet people stick out quickly. And Darthe himself isn't letting them slip by either so it makes for a better, albeit tougher game. Much more to go by when it comes to voting though.

I think I'm going to have to take one of those things that teaches me how to be a better mafia player if I can't do that or this without constantly appearing as scum no matter what...

MOD CHANGE: The game is currently suspended to avoid confusion and remain fair.  Please click the link below if you are a member of the BT and both R&U there and here when you have read it.  If you are not a member please inform the thread so that Ithi and I may link you a copy of it to R&U.  I would like for this to be done within 24 hours.  Thank you.

Official Vote Count 5:

Lenlo (1/13):  Turin

Cloud (1/13): Chuckles

WoT (5/13): Basel, Song, Rand, Tina, RTE

Dap (2/13): Ithi, BG

Ithi (2/13): Tiink, Len

Basel (1/13): Red

Not Voting (12/24):

Mish, Smiley, Dap, Kaylee, Niel, WoT, TG, Ruh, Hally, Dice, Ley, Maw

Hello everybody, just a quick announcement.  This is a link to the Black Tower's rules on mafia activity.  Please R&U both here and there that you have read them before continuing to play.  You must do so before the game will continue.  I am also linking this to the OP in this thread.  Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76939-mafia-at-the-black-tower-what-we-expect-from-players-of-our-games-please-ru/?do=findComment&comment=2670620

Agreed. It's one of the reasons I left DM and mafia. 1- I couldn't be as active as I knew the games deserved and 2- when I was active pretty much the only ones left at endgame were inactives and maybe one or two actives. Makes for a very dull finish and very hard to actually find mafia. Just because you catch heat for something you say, doesn't mean you should stop saying stuff. It's the way the games played.

Ahhhhh I wish I could frame this and hang it on the DM Mafia wall or something. So true. Really hurt last game. Final Three was a very convincing Lenlo, myself, and Sorcha, who had just swapped in for someone who had already been swapped once or twice before and posted nothing significant all game. Who do you think I believed?

I think I'm going to have to take one of those things that teaches me how to be a better mafia player if I can't do that or this without constantly appearing as scum no matter what...

although I have to admit that my best game so far was the WWII... I mean, I got both godfathers in a lie!!!

Don't take anything personally or badly WoT. As you stated, you obviously have proven yourself and have done well. Mafia is obviously a game of many fine lines and subtleties and some that I am only very very slowly learning myself. There isn't any answer to a lot of things, no best playstyle or no right or wrong way to do anything really, but always need to be prepared to be held accountable for EVERYTHING you do, as well as everything you don't.

@ BG- haha... I got lucky..

@ RTE- true... tomorrow I'm going to make a word document listing who/posts I should be watching or use to build a case because I'll have all the time in the world because there's no school tomorrow!!!

...for now I'm going to watch Vampire Diaries, so I'll check back in later...

DOn't have time to read too much, but wanted to point this out really quick.  I got to page 16 where my comment about Ithi was brought up.  I said that I think that she's town because her mafia cases on day 1 are usually better.  Let me clarify.  First of all, the reason I said that is because I don't agree with her case on Dap and think its bad, therefore I think she is town.  Now I think she does that when town to gauge reactions to her case, but while she is mafia, she usually starts going her best case from the start.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I dunno why you used Red's quote rather than your own though. Are you hoping she will take up the gauntlet perhaps lol

There's only one person who can make you look a fool. I think you are trying to distract me from the fact that Player is being faaaaaar to nice and reasonable and ridiculously buddy buddy for Day 1.

Im using her quote because it neatly found everything I wanted to say.

You also are neglecting the fact that I am the one calling Dap out on his defense of you. Or did you just neatly skip over that part?

Also: You are attacking Roo for copying other people's logic. By using someone else's logic. Okay.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I dunno why you used Red's quote rather than your own though. Are you hoping she will take up the gauntlet perhaps lol

There's only one person who can make you look a fool. I think you are trying to distract me from the fact that Player is being faaaaaar to nice and reasonable and ridiculously buddy buddy for Day 1.

Im using her quote because it neatly found everything I wanted to say.

You also are neglecting the fact that I am the one calling Dap out on his defense of you. Or did you just neatly skip over that part?

Also: You are attacking Roo for copying other people's logic. By using someone else's logic. Okay.

What? How am I attacking Roo? I havnt mentioned Roo anywhere.

Hey all, in terms of voting and gameplay this thread is suspended until Ithillian approves it for continuation or I get a PM from everyone.  Thus your votes won't count and gameplay shouldn't be happening.  Not my call but I forgot the new policy about making sure that all players understood the BT mafia rules so we have to follow form.  Apologies.  

I just got done catching. up. Ithi is starting to ping me by being spammy with all the multiple gifs and such. I'm still getting the same scum vibe from Time.

this ^^

Darthe are you going to answer the question about what that line in the VC was?? You have since posted another VC does that mean that everyone can vote?

I'm sorry for my lack of activity. I don't know what to do with my computer. I can take my work laptop with me home for the weekend so I will post more tonight or tomorrow.

For the moment I'm satisfied with my Time vote.

Wonderful!  This game is back on!  Everyone may vote and post again, the game is once more active.  Please state if you cannot access the link in the OP.

@Maw, I suspended votes for that period.  You may now vote again.  

Archived