DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

Despo(5): BG, TMD, Basel, Andrew, Kae

Official Vote Count:

Despo(6): BG, TMD, Basel, Andrew, Kae

What is this devilry. Either in the past 3 hours someone obtained an item (something I'd hate to consider since bringing more variables into this game is going to make me sad.) or we've got a new doublevoter somehow. Phase didn't change so I don't get how a role would have been used to alter/inherit something.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiink, there's also the possibility of some sort of secret voter. Would a vote stealer cause this result? I haven't seen that role in a game so I am curious.

This game is just full of voting shenanigans it seems. I may have missed something, but how did Arez immediately determine that Andrew was VCed from his Wombat style vote post? That looks odd to me.

It was a difficult trip yesterday Ithi :wub: hot as heck. Not looking forward to August. Love that patch.

...since Andrew unvoted Des and voted BG, I'm thinking my hunch with where he was going was wrong (I'll tell you what I thought if y'all wanna know), and since someone (The Iron Throne?) is now voting for Des, I think he is maybe not the way to go, because if the Iron Throne is mafia held, if they want Des's lynch, we don't.

Ok, so Andrew isn't being vote controlled because doesn't that usually mean he can be told once who to vote for? Not that they can change his vote repeatedly? If I'm wrong on that someone tell me.

Unvote

I'm now more interested in the shenanigans with BG and his win condition, to be honest. BG, can you clarify the situation at all?

Happy 4th of July, everyone!!!!

...Sigh.

UNVOTE ~ VOTE BG :dry:

Yeah. I did that! Who needs reasoning and sense to vote? Sure, it''ll prolly paint a target on my back, but screw it! I wanted to vote Despo and then Bg, so I VOTED DESPO AND THEN BG! HA!

*eyeroll*

I'm 99% sure BG is town and I have a very strong feeling who he is.

Despo is looking more and more scum today and since the Songstress train isn't building momentum. UNVOTE VOTE DESPO.

Still not buying the Andrew VC.

I don't have a lot of time. Directly or indirectly, and I gotta be careful of what I say. Mynd used the word ambition which made me trust him. I'm the same as everyone town and I'm a piece of it. And I assure you that I will win when the non town are dead.

Also, I have a feeling I was targeted for NK last night and was protected. So there's that.

Concerning point E): I was guessing that the King, regardless of who they are became town and gained special abilities. I later admitted that that thought was dumb and was wrong in that idea somewhere near the beginning of day 2.

Official Vote Count:

BG (5): Alanna, Despo, Blackhoof, Andrew

Despo(5): BG, TMD, Basel, Peace

Songstress (1): Tina

TinaHel (1): Razen

TMD (2): Arez-2, Len

Not voting (6): Jack_D, Kae, RandA lThor, songstress, Tiinker, Turin

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch

Here is your new countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20120705T23&p0=745&msg=Night

Yes ... the vote count IS correct :smile:

Tiink, there's also the possibility of some sort of secret voter. Would a vote stealer cause this result? I haven't seen that role in a game so I am curious.

This game is just full of voting shenanigans it seems. I may have missed something, but how did Arez immediately determine that Andrew was VCed from his Wombat style vote post? That looks odd to me.

Re: secret voter. I think that's a distinct possibility - there was an extra vote on EP's train yesterday in addition to Hoof's double vote (which we knew about) and the visible Iron Throne vote.

Re: Arez' immediate suggestion that Andrew was VC'd... I agree, that looks suspicious. The others who have been vote controlled in this game clearly stated their opinion but their vote in that same post was in opposition to what they were saying. Andrew's vote on Despo stated he thought Despo was scum. There's no reason to immediately assume vote control from that -- especially when the mafia VC died. Unless you know his role passed on to someone else upon his death, perhaps.

...Sigh.

I only brought up a theory, he can easily dismiss it by saying that it isn't true, unless there is another silencer out there.. *sigh* can't tell up from down this game

And now he brings up the possibility of another silencer. If Andrew had been silenced, he could not have posted anything but his vote. And the fact he suggested it immediately after Andrew changed his vote without explanation (with only a "sigh")... suspicious.

Ninjad xP

Can I just point out the irony of this?

...since Andrew unvoted Des and voted BG, I'm thinking my hunch with where he was going was wrong (I'll tell you what I thought if y'all wanna know), and since someone (The Iron Throne?) is now voting for Des, I think he is maybe not the way to go, because if the Iron Throne is mafia held, if they want Des's lynch, we don't.

Ok, so Andrew isn't being vote controlled because doesn't that usually mean he can be told once who to vote for? Not that they can change his vote repeatedly? If I'm wrong on that someone tell me.

@ Kae - so far the Iron Throne vote has been visible in the VC on both lynches, and the second time the Iron Throne actually publicly voted. I don't think the mods would change the rules to have the Iron Throne not even appear in the VC at all if that was the reason for the extra vote on Despo.

Re: vote control, I think it depends on how the mod set it up. Theoretically if they control that player's vote for the full day phase, they should be able to move the vote unless the role states they can only control it one time. I've only been in one game where I could have had that ability (Soy's last game), and we never chose to use it on our team, so we never found out the logistics.

I read back through the EP lynch yesterday and took special note of Despo and Andrew who were pushing the EP case hard... and Mynd's interactions with those who were voting EP. Mynd was especially going hard after Despo during the whole thing... which makes me suspicious, actually, because Mynd is rather devious. In retrospect, his buddying up to EP and his attack of Despo could be part of the same ploy. The Iron Throne has not yet made their will clear when it comes to Despo. All of this makes me very uncomfortable.

I'm very suspicious of Arez right now. I'm also suspicious of Len, as he was only willing to admit he thought he was hammering EP and stop protesting that his vote didn't matter when it looked like I was trying to cast suspicion on Peace for grilling me over my vote and not Len over his.

I'm going to vote Despo for right now to see what happens. Part of me thinks it would have been an exceptionally bold move for him to lead EP's lynch if he was scum, but again, Mynd and his WIFOM is mixed up in this, and that makes me less confident.

...Sigh.

Yeah. I did that! Who needs reasoning and sense to vote? Sure, it''ll prolly paint a target on my back, but screw it! I wanted to vote Despo and then Bg, so I VOTED DESPO AND THEN BG! HA!

*eyeroll*

Do you not find it wierd he phrased his vote this way? Sounds like sarkasm. Like he knows he paints a target on his back, but can't do anything about it?

Official Vote Count:

Despo(6): BG, TMD, Basel, Peace, Tress

Not voting (5): Jack_D, Kae, RandA lThor, Tiinker, Turin

http://www.timeandda...0=745&msg=Night

1 Day 5 hours left ...

Despo talks too much that is a given. It always comes off as mafia to me. I thought him mafia even when he was clearly town before. I can not read him at all with the crazy long WoTs. If he is the choice I can go there as it will tell us a quite a bit.

Arez, is an odd case. He acts kind of strange sometimes but he is capable of pulling off some cool feats. I think he is more the way to go as he was the one that really encouraged the pile on EP after Mynd flipped mafia. Adding that with the strange way he immediately latched onto the presumption that Andrew was VCed leads me to think that maybe his team wants to push that agenda.

Vote Arez

I am working tomorrow so am going to sleep early. It is a local day so I will have signal all day and be able to get back on to consolidate if needed.

Arez, everyone that has been VCed so far has been able to clearly state that they would really like to vote for player X and then turned around and voted player Y. to my knowledge it had become nearly the universal method of announcing that "I am being vote controlled" without stating it directly. Since Andrew has had the opportunity to do just that and he hasn't it appears less likely that he is being VCed.

Despo talks too much that is a given. It always comes off as mafia to me. I thought him mafia even when he was clearly town before. I can not read him at all with the crazy long WoTs. If he is the choice I can go there as it will tell us a quite a bit.

Arez, is an odd case. He acts kind of strange sometimes but he is capable of pulling off some cool feats. I think he is more the way to go as he was the one that really encouraged the pile on EP after Mynd flipped mafia. Adding that with the strange way he immediately latched onto the presumption that Andrew was VCed leads me to think that maybe his team wants to push that agenda.

Vote Arez

I am working tomorrow so am going to sleep early. It is a local day so I will have signal all day and be able to get back on to consolidate if needed.

Arez, everyone that has been VCed so far has been able to clearly state that they would really like to vote for player X and then turned around and voted player Y. to my knowledge it had become nearly the universal method of announcing that "I am being vote controlled" without stating it directly. Since Andrew has had the opportunity to do just that and he hasn't it appears less likely that he is being VCed.

I have no excuse for voting EP, it was stupid.. I was happy that I was correct about Mynd and..

Since Andrew perhaps missed it (Given his recent "inactivity"), this might be another sign, hopefully he sees that there's alot of question around this and can be more clear about what he's doing.

Official Vote Count:

Arez-2 (1): Turin

Despo(6): BG, TMD, Basel, Peace, Tress

Not voting (4): Jack_D, Kae, RandA lThor, Tiinker

http://www.timeandda...0=745&msg=Night

Night is coming. 19 Hours till Night.

Okay so yall don't like my WOT's? Well even though I feel I've brought up a ton of good points, and I don't feel I've ever flailed or lost my composure, and have responded to every accusation and FOS thrown my way and have not allowed the train building on me to prevent me from continuing to scumhunt, I'll go ahead and keep this short and sweet.

I'm Lysa Arryn, a vanilla townie. I subtly hinted as much much earlier in the thread, I can retrieve the quote if anyone needs me to.

Tbh I don't see how any townies can't see how obvious it is that scum are trying to push a lynch on me. I would expect yall to be smarter than that.

Archived