DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been out of the loop all day - extreme busy-ness getting ready for a very expensive exterminator treatment tomorrow. This post is going to be rushed because I have a good bit left to do tonight, and I'm also Kay's labor coach, so I could be called to go to the hospital any minute as well. *breathe*

OK, so, it looks like Hoof is able to vote after all, although if this is a legit PR it may be mildly entertaining but really hampers Hoof's ability to get his ideas across. However, he's made his point the best he can. Since double voters are more likely to be town in the research I've done, I'll go ahead and unvote.

I need to reread and think through a few things further. I'd be interested in hearing more from Turin, now that the train on him has pretty much fallen apart he's been pretty quiet.

Will have some time tomorrow to check in from my phone and reread while the exterminator has me out of my house.

Hello people. Kay has asked to be replaced as she is about to have a baby any second now. As this is a game for 22 people it seems best, although I'd be interested to see what Kay jr made of the game.

Hodor? HODOR! :D

OK, so, it looks like Hoof is able to vote after all, although if this is a legit PR it may be mildly entertaining but really hampers Hoof's ability to get his ideas across. However, he's made his point the best he can. Since double voters are more likely to be town in the research I've done, I'll go ahead and unvote.

Hodor! \o/ :D

I'm also kinda wondering where Turin has gone. I thought after he cooled himself down he'd be participating more, but alas this is not the case so far.

He's laying low like his scum buddies have told him to do.

Hodor... :unsure:

Official Vote Count:

Arez Al'Loke (1): Razen

Basel Gill (3): RandA lThor, Jack, Nightstrike

Jack (3): Kudaran, Basel Gill, EP

Myndrunner (2): Blackhoof

Tina (1): Despo

Tress (1): Tina

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

Not voting (10): Alanna, Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Kae, Kaylee, Lenlo, TheMasterDude, Tiinker, Tress, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night&month=06&day=27&year=2012&hour=18&min=00&sec=00&p0=745

38 hours till night for those of you too lazy to click ;)

The supplicant approached the Throne. Weary from her almost labouring :wink: It was clear that she could not continue in this place of dark atmosphere and distrust and must be allowed to go her own way.

As the door open to let her exit, a figure was spied peeking in. He had been listening at the keyhole. That would never do. The male and female looked at each other and nodded, before the female pointed at the eavesdropper. The Guards held him and dragged him into the room. If he wanted to play, then play he would.

The doors closed once more.

AndrewLee has replaced Kaylee

I'm also kinda wondering where Turin has gone. I thought after he cooled himself down he'd be participating more, but alas this is not the case so far.

Did anyone else react on this one?

Lets say Peace is scum. His team noticed Turin got alot of heat, but managed to survive.

When it all got quite, the used something like a silence or w/e so Turin couldn't post.

Now Peace tries to discredit Turin by the silence or w/e as an opportunity.

Is that a bit far-fetched?

would that be the same catastrophy that would happen if I survived?

Hoof, maybe. But not you.

On page 11 in my reread: The whole tying people together thing is a load of bunk and yadda yadda yadda it all looks like everyone was saying the same /stuff/ over and over. wifom wifom wifom..... Though I just accidentally read spoilers from this page and I'm resisting the urge to look into it. Like reading the end of Half Blood Prince and Gandalf died... that was the worst. But then he came back as Gandalf the White, so that was okay. /long day, still reading, everyone else is in bed already and I'm type type typing away like a mad little thing.

Now I have heard of strange crossover events, but this would take the cake. :wink:

Lets say Peace is scum. His team noticed Turin got alot of heat, but managed to survive.

When it all got quite, the used something like a silence or w/e so Turin couldn't post.

Yup.

Yup.

Not really farfetched if it were day 2 and he had survived through day 1 and that was when the question occured, but silencer is normally a night time action as it would lose half it's worth if it were done in mid day phase.

So in this scenario it would be farfetched but not always the case.

Ya know what this whole thing reeks of? A Mafia Standoff!

It's amazing what a goodnight sleep can do for one's perspective. I was rotating the phase on my Avenger's Mafia game on MyndJack Forums (shameless plug) when I began thinking about how I would structure a Game of Thrones mafia. I had recently been re-watching Season 1 on DVD with friends and family and naturally, I cringed when Catelyn Stark told Ned that he could trust Littlefinger 100%. I shouted "BUT HE'S SO SCUMMY!!! HE REEKS OF MAFIA!!!" Yeah, I got some looks.

But then last night I was trying to figure out how I would set this game up. Who would be the mafia in a GoT mafia game? Targeryians? Lannisters? Hell, Stannis and his Firecrotch Witch? And what about Littlefinger & Curly the Eunuch? Would they be masons or mercenaries or both?

This morning, it made sense. Multiple mafia factions. This is a Game of Thrones after all.

That could only explain the apparent voter stalemate that has occurred. I have never seen a Day 1 stall so badly in even the slowest of DM Mafia games. At first, I figured people were reluctant to vote Turin because of the whole drama surrounding it, but just when Basel's lynch started to get steam, it stalled. EP votes Jack and claims a Vote Control, only to further spin us into a mess of WIFOM.

What I see is a bunch of folks too scared to make a stand or commit to any one vote. In the past if one or two players did this, I would suspect them of mafia, but for 12 players to do this in a 20 player game, they can't all be mafia......or can they? Maybe many of them are mafia just not on the same mafia team. Hell, my own brother Rob could be mafia with Catlyn and Theon in this game of backstabbing. Wouldn't Stannis Baratheon and his firecrotch queen consider them scum if he felt entitled to the throne himself?

I'm town but perhaps I could be at risk of joining the Lannisters if Geoffry woos me properly. Who the hell knows in the Game of Thrones.....a book that reeks of mafia in its own right.

Which brings me to this....

unvote

Vote Bgristinko

You have dropped major hints at being aligned with the Targerians. Tabasco from Qarth? It is known and such? One doesn't have to hunt far for your breadcrumbs the size of wedding cakes. What perplexes me is why drop those hints, unless you are Danerys and you are trying to get Jorah to find you or something.

Either way, I doubt that the Targerians are Town, certainly not PRO-Stark, so I think getting rid of the Dragon on Day 1 would be a smart move for us all.

Archived