DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

Unvote Turin. I think I got want I wanted from my vote, at least for now. Quiet people, speak up please.

Hodor? :( hodor hodor...

In fact, I contend that you wouldn't have needed to "cool off" if you were town. If there was no basis for my accusations then why did you take it so hard?

Unvote. If Turin's overreaction was due to things he felt were personal insults at someone, then it says nothing about his alignment, because his reaction was not due to his being town or scum, but rather driven by a perceived offense toward someone he cares about. I've been in his shoes during a previous game. People said and did things concerning me that I found impossible at the time to see as anything but personal, and my response was widely interpreted as overreacting. I was really quite deeply hurt by what went on. I not only almost quit that game, but also all other games I was in at the time. And I had been town in the game in question.

Mynd, in the bit I quoted from you, I will venture that you have the situation completely backward. I can't speak for Turin, but I know in his shoes, I would (and in fact, I have) needed to cool off more as town, because as scum, I would know that the cases on me were justified, and the suspicions were correct. Whereas as town, I would see it as being falsely accused and perhaps belittled. You wonder why Turin would take it so hard if there is no basis for your accusations. Have you considered that this is precisely why he is taking it so hard?

^hodor :)

Says the man who his already hinted it. lol As if anyone would have missed that.

^hodor

If Turin's overreaction was due to things he felt were personal insults at someone, then it says nothing about his alignment, because his reaction was not due to his being town or scum, but rather driven by a perceived offense toward someone he cares about. I've been in his shoes during a previous game. People said and did things concerning me that I found impossible at the time to see as anything but personal, and my response was widely interpreted as overreacting. I was really quite deeply hurt by what went on. I not only almost quit that game, but also all other games I was in at the time. And I had been town in the game in question.

In fact, I contend that you wouldn't have needed to "cool off" if you were town. If there was no basis for my accusations then why did you take it so hard?

Mynd, in the bit I quoted from you, I will venture that you have the situation completely backward. I can't speak for Turin, but I know in his shoes, I would (and in fact, I have) needed to cool off more as town, because as scum, I would know that the cases on me were justified, and the suspicions were correct. Whereas as town, I would see it as being falsely accused and perhaps belittled. You wonder why Turin would take it so hard if there is no basis for your accusations. Have you considered that this is precisely why he is taking it so hard?

Why are you defending Turin so hard Basel? All I did was question his Day 1 vote, which if he wasn't so sensitive about it, he would have brushed it off as a "joke vote" as well. Things got out of hand from there, I won't go into details, but I really struck a nerve. Then you swoop in with your vague accusations and grass beating (which I support) but when I bring up Turin again, you take to his defense. Has it occurred to you that he might be scum? Or do you know this for fact because he's on the team with you? Perhaps your plan was to run interference while he cooled off and sulked. Interesting who ISN'T voting Turin, since you are now the second highest lynch.

Hodor! Hodor HODOR! >:(

Hodor..--> hodor

vote mynd

Basel's play does seem a bit questionable so far. The list of four with "two of them must be scum" strikes me as off.

Since there is time to pursue other avenues as well, and competing trains is generally a good thing, I'd be interested in following up on Hoof and what appears to be faking a PR. Such an obvious character hint when Darthe would never have imposed a PR on that character (too obvious) just smells fishy.

Vote Hoof.

I also called BH out on his "PR"

I actually questioned it when he first posted, Mynd, because I seriously doubted it was a real PR. I brought it up again later when I decided to place a vote, because it was still sticking out to me as questionable. I chose to vote him to see if I could draw out any further information, because there was still no deadline at the time. Oh, and for some reason Darthe and Ithi didn't count my vote, so I'm showing in the not voting list, but I have actually voted.

What does his alleged PR do to the town? Well for one thing, it keeps him from voting or saying anything whatsoever of substance, while leading everyone to believe that he's Hodor, who would most likely be an innocuous townie in this game.... which if he's not actually Hodor with a post restriction is a pretty clever ploy.

Hodor, hodor HODOR! >:(

if hoof really is hodor he may have a secret role, like a solo win, or vigilantee role, or maybe a shield of some sort.

^^^^^ hodor! Hodor hodor hodor! :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not voting (12): Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Blackhoof, Kaylee, Lenlo, Nightstrike, Pankhuri, Songstress, TheMasterDude, TinaHel, Turin

Let's take the low hanging fruit first.....

Blackhoof - who makes up a PR on D1 just to appear innocent? Oh that's right, ME! Who brought up his PR when no one else was, and he wasn't even posting?

Songstress - Why vote Blackhoof at all and question his PR when he hadn't been even remotely the center of attention? What does his PR do to the town? Why does it warrant a vote on him? Are you playing the same game as the rest of us?

Arez - I will admit, buddying up to me was a bit of a stretch - but no vote? What are you waiting for? Winter? By then it shall be too late!

bgristinko - Seriously, this dude is usually 40 posts in by now. Why is he laying low in this game? And Tabasco from Quarth? :rolleyes:

Lenlo - Here is a thought - try posting something of substance for once! Or rather do your own casing instead of just revomiting what others have to say! I'm gonna start calling Lenlo "Captain Obvious" in this game - and I'm still curious why there is no vote from you on anyone.

Kaylee - At least Lenlo has posted more than three times in this game. Do you have any thoughts of your own or is everything shiny in scum town?

TheMasterDude - have you been replaced yet?

TinaHel - You got the reaction you wanted from Turin, so you unvoted him? Please explain why you are so sure he's not scum, especially in light of his blatant overreaction and subsequent hissy fit.

Nightstrike/Pankhuri - I grouped you two together because I've never heard of you. It's time I have. Vote someone. Vote me. Vote Darthe or Ithi. Vote for Obama! Vote your aunt Petunia, but for the light of my britches VOTE!

Turin - Yeah, I think I've covered you. When you are done pouting, ask your mafia team who you should vote next.

I gotta say Mynd, you really are a donkey's smelly behind, but I must admit you can be an entertaining donkey's smelly behind at times

As for the peeps you brought into the limelight:

Hoof: I HIGHLY doubt the mod would give him a PR like that, since it comes close to vetting him as town kinda easily. I will say that if I can translate his hodor-speak somewhat, it does seem like he "hodors" when someone pings to him, but that is only a guess.

Tress: I also thought voting Hoof for his PR was a little strange, as "pressuring" him would pretty much only get more hodor's most likely.

Arez: Don't know if you forgot or didn't see or what, but he did vote Turin at first, then backed off his vote and unvoted later. Needless to say he's def pinging my scumdar so far this game

Bgrastafarshinko: It used to be that he was fairly active in day 1's from the start, but honestly for a while now it seems like he always lurks for a while, using rl or DM excuses to skate by for a bit. Kind of a shame, since he's def a good scumhunter when town and when mafia he rarely fails to disappoint with some kind of crazy out there play.

Lenlo/Kaylee/TMD/Nightstrike/Pankhuri: Skaters quit skating! Skaters quit skating! SKATERS QUIT SKATING!!!

Tina: Getting soft pings from her so far, but as I've said before she pretty much always reads as scum to me early on for some reason. Either way, her insistence at getting an answer from Turin for her question (asking if Turin and you were teammates), then immediately unvoting after his response, is kind of peculiar. After all, if you two WERE teammates, should we really believe that a simple question, even if it is from the Lady Dragon, would be all that was necessary to get Turin to break down and admit that you two were scummy scummy mcscummersons?

Turin: Just to be clear, I don't want anyone to believe that I think Turin is town, or scum for that matter. So far haven't gotten much of a read on him. I did state my opinion on his vote on me however, and I still stand by what I said. You completely blew that whole thing out of proportion, but then again blowing things out of proportion seems to be your forte. You ever thought about becoming a balloon animal artist?

I am here!

I forgot about this....& Dang I hate first day 50 million posts, where most of it is spam. Only thing that hasn't been mentioned before that I noticed while skimming through is that Tinker has been changing the topic of conversation with his posts mostly and if hoof really is hodor he may have a secret role, like a solo win, or vigilantee role, or maybe a shield of some sort.

:dry:

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this comes off as aholeish man, but why do you sign up for games when you never seem to put forth the time to stay active in them? And honestly this game prob has some of the least amount of spam for a day 1 that I've seen (which is strange for BT mafia), so you might want to reread again because you're prob still uninformed, and if you truly plan on staying in this game the least you can do is get a GOOD grasp on everything that has culminated thus far

I got more but I gotta go for now

1) EP is lying and this is some elaborate trick to get us to vote Basel/not vote Jack

2) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel because someone wants to protect Basel

3) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel to appear as though someone wants to protect Basel so we would lynch him

4) EP is lying/telling the truth/a figment of our imagination and forced/chose to vote Jack instead of Basel to distract us from more scum threatening

I have actually been wondering if EP is a figment of my imagination for a couple of months now. :wink: Maybe I've gone stark raving mad, as you put it Mynd, and I've begun fourm-hallucinating.

Blackhoof - who makes up a PR on D1 just to appear innocent? Oh that's right, ME! Who brought up his PR when no one else was, and he wasn't even posting?

Arez - I will admit, buddying up to me was a bit of a stretch - but no vote? What are you waiting for? Winter? By then it shall be too late!

We're not gonna use the "low-hanging Hoof fruit" again, are we?

These Stark hints are getting interesting, Mynd. It's why I've gotten more of a town read on you, in fact. At least, enouhg to hold off and see where it leads so I don''t robb you of your fun.

1) EP is lying and this is some elaborate trick to get us to vote Basel/not vote Jack

2) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel because someone wants to protect Basel

3) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel to appear as though someone wants to protect Basel so we would lynch him

4) EP is lying/telling the truth/a figment of our imagination and forced/chose to vote Jack instead of Basel to distract us from more scum threatening

I have actually been wondering if EP is a figment of my imagination for a couple of months now. :wink: Maybe I've gone stark raving mad, as you put it Mynd, and I've begun fourm-hallucinating.

These Stark hints are getting interesting, Mynd. It's why I've gotten more of a town read on you, in fact. At least, enouhg to hold off and see where it leads so I don''t robb you of your fun.

Next thing we know you'll be calling Mynd "Son."

Both of you, claim..or don't. These soft claims are scummy and leave too much wiggle room to back out of. You aren't saving yourselves from a NK by soft claiming and you know it. Therefore it looks awfully scummy.

If Blackhoof is Hodor and Darthe gave him a permanent PR that would be so cool. And his use of punctuation and faces is coming through exactly as I'd picture Hodor doing it.

That being said, I have no clue on it's validity cause I believe he has faked PR's before.

Next thing we know you'll be calling Mynd "Son."

Both of you, claim..or don't. These soft claims are scummy and leave too much wiggle room to back out of. You aren't saving yourselves from a NK by soft claiming and you know it. Therefore it looks awfully scummy.

This.

Also, @EP: You've mentioned twice now that you would be voting me out of principle if not for my recent absence; has there been some kind of ban against referencing running DM mafia jokes that I should know of? Trying to policy lynch someone for such an offense seems just a tad irrational.

As for the whole VC business, even tho there's still plenty of WIFOM in the air about it, my gut tends to lead me in the direction that it's mainly to cause a distraction, by forcing town to stay focused on two possible townies (Basel strikes me as the best shot we have of hitting mafia today, but even that I'm not 100% yet). It wouldn't surprise me at all if mafia is mainly hiding among the lurkers, BG and Razen coming to mind, and also Tina and Tress for the strange voting records.

In fact, Unvote, Vote Tina. Something's too fishy about letting someone who you think might possibly be scum off the hook that easy after simply answering one of your questions "No"

EP cannot confirm nor deny that he is being vote controlled, correct? Mynd pointed out that there are four possibilities, of which I personally believe that scenario 3 & 4 are the most likely at this stage of the game, but that's not to say that scenario 1 & 2 aren't possible.

Of scenarios 3 & 4, number 4 is the one that sticks out to me most, because Songstress also tried to lay out a case on Hoof that was distracting from what had already been established as the two trains. The reason: she believed he was faking a PR as Hodor, which she felt was too obvious. And she voted him. Given that EP appears to have been vote controlled today, who's to say that the PR isn't legitimate?

If EP's vote control is a distraction, then that is a sign to me that we may be on the right path. But one thing is for certain, given that Jack has now been voted by a person whose vote is controlled on Day 1, Unvote.

Mynd pointed out that there were quite a few non-voters at this stage of Day 1, and I definitely think that something is there. They can't ALL be mafia waiting to pile on before the deadline, there's just too many of them unless this is a faction game. Out of that list, Tina and BG stick out the most to me. BG not voting at this point of the day gives me the shivers, because I'm wondering what elaborate trick he's thinking of pulling. I agree with Despo's reasoning on Tina.

But I have a question for you, Despo. If you say that you think Basel is still the best shot at catching mafia today, why are you voting for Tina? You are falling into the same boat as Basel - giving a list of players that you think might be scum because they are either not as active or have an erratic voting record.

And given what I said before about Basel applies to you too. That's an awfully convenient list for a scumster to work down to test his theory about there being mafia in there. You don't get one, let's try the next one on my list! I don't like it at all. Again, tying people together.

Official Vote Count:

Basel Gill (2): RandA lThor, Jack

Blackhoof (2): Sakaea, Tress

Jack (3): Kudaran, Basel Gill, EP

Myndrunner (3): Tinker, Blackhoof

Tina (1): Despo

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

Not voting (10): Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Kaylee, Lenlo, Nightstrike, Pankhuri, Razen, TheMasterDude, TinaHel, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night&month=06&day=27&year=2012&hour=18&min=00&sec=00&p0=745

EP cannot confirm nor deny that he is being vote controlled, correct? Mynd pointed out that there are four possibilities, of which I personally believe that scenario 3 & 4 are the most likely at this stage of the game, but that's not to say that scenario 1 & 2 aren't possible.

Of scenarios 3 & 4, number 4 is the one that sticks out to me most, because Songstress also tried to lay out a case on Hoof that was distracting from what had already been established as the two trains. The reason: she believed he was faking a PR as Hodor, which she felt was too obvious. And she voted him. Given that EP appears to have been vote controlled today, who's to say that the PR isn't legitimate?

If EP's vote control is a distraction, then that is a sign to me that we may be on the right path. But one thing is for certain, given that Jack has now been voted by a person whose vote is controlled on Day 1, Unvote.

Mynd pointed out that there were quite a few non-voters at this stage of Day 1, and I definitely think that something is there. They can't ALL be mafia waiting to pile on before the deadline, there's just too many of them unless this is a faction game. Out of that list, Tina and BG stick out the most to me. BG not voting at this point of the day gives me the shivers, because I'm wondering what elaborate trick he's thinking of pulling. I agree with Despo's reasoning on Tina.

But I have a question for you, Despo. If you say that you think Basel is still the best shot at catching mafia today, why are you voting for Tina? You are falling into the same boat as Basel - giving a list of players that you think might be scum because they are either not as active or have an erratic voting record.

Bolded mine: Mynd and I already said we thought the VC more than likely was there to serve as a distraction (number 4). Way to keep parroting. And then you go on to agree with both Mynd and me again. :dry:

As for your question, the whole VC thing changes things a bit, doesn't it? If you take a look at all the wifom surrounding it, one of the easiest deductions is to surmise that someone wants to keep us focused on the same players (in this case, Basel and Jack, who up until very recently were the leading vote-getters. Logic then dictates that the easiest way to escape the wifom is to see if you can get any more results elsewhere. We still have two days and some change, plenty of time to gather a lot more info and get town on the right foot this game.

Tina's vote and unvote does strike me as odd, and it seems as good a place as any to apply pressure to right now, so who are you to question me for trying to scumhunt?

And I said, "among the lurkers" as in I don't think that's the only place mafia might be hiding, But, if we are going to head in that direction, I thought it best to go after someone I thought deserved some pressure.

And given what I said before about Basel applies to you too. That's an awfully convenient list for a scumster to work down to test his theory about there being mafia in there. You don't get one, let's try the next one on my list! I don't like it at all. Again, tying people together.

I never said we should line these people up one by one or anything of that nature. Now you're trying to put words into my mouth. And again, it's day 1. You really trying to call me out for trying to find ways to capture scum?

I didn't interpret the list Basel made at first as scummish, but the exchange between Basel and Jack gives me a dictinct feeling that Jack has the right ideas and Basel the wrong ideas. I think Basel is more interested in pushing for any lynch, and Jack is more likely to be genuinely interested in finding scum. The list Basel made wasn't something I could agree on at the time, either. So I think I must vote Basel .

Official Vote Count:

Basel Gill (3): RandA lThor, Jack, Nightstrike

Blackhoof (2): Sakaea, Tress

Jack (3): Kudaran, Basel Gill, EP

Myndrunner (3): Tinker, Blackhoof

Tina (1): Despo

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

Not voting (10): Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Kaylee, Lenlo, Nightstrike, Pankhuri, Razen, TheMasterDude, TinaHel, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://www.timeandda...0&sec=00&p0=745

Archived