DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that latest vote count correct? Because Mynd has two votes and only one name.

Besides that, I really don't have much that hasn't already been pointed out by others at this moment. I still think Despo is doing the same thing that he felt made Basel scummy (making the list) - except he's calling it scumhunting. And if Basel is to be believed, both he and Mynd are Stark children, so there goes the idea that Basel is the most likely to be scum.

I'm going to vote for Arez. His buddying up to Mynd by echoing his case against Turin and then coming out against Kaylee and echoing Mynd when she checked in to say that she would be on later to share makes me think he's trying to avoid the attentions of our ever present beater of the snakes. And trying to avoid his attention by staying on his good side means that I think he's got something he doesn't want the beans spilled on. I think that Arez might be a Lannister.

Official Vote Count:

Arez Al'Loke (1): Razen

Basel Gill (3): RandA lThor, Jack, Nightstrike

Blackhoof (1): Tress

Jack (3): Kudaran, Basel Gill, EP

Myndrunner (2): Blackhoof

Tina (1): Despo

Tress (1): Tina

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

Not voting (10): Alanna, Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Kae, Kaylee, Lenlo, TheMasterDude, Tiinker, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://www.timeandda...0&sec=00&p0=745

Is that latest vote count correct? Because Mynd has two votes and only one name.

I am guessing that Hoof has some sort of double vote. Or maybe a vote thief power, and the vote he has stolen is from one of the non-voting players.

My apologies, I did not realize who was on his train at the time I updated that! :dry: I blame the TaintTM and lack of sleep. Goodnight all, I will return in eight hours.

I went back and edited the VC, it is now correct.

1) EP is lying and this is some elaborate trick to get us to vote Basel/not vote Jack

2) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel because someone wants to protect Basel

3) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel to appear as though someone wants to protect Basel so we would lynch him

4) EP is lying/telling the truth/a figment of our imagination and forced/chose to vote Jack instead of Basel to distract us from more scum threatening

I have actually been wondering if EP is a figment of my imagination for a couple of months now. :wink: Maybe I've gone stark raving mad, as you put it Mynd, and I've begun fourm-hallucinating.

Let's take the low hanging fruit first.....

Blackhoof - who makes up a PR on D1 just to appear innocent? Oh that's right, ME! Who brought up his PR when no one else was, and he wasn't even posting?

Arez - I will admit, buddying up to me was a bit of a stretch - but no vote? What are you waiting for? Winter? By then it shall be too late!

We're not gonna use the "low-hanging Hoof fruit" again, are we?

These Stark hints are getting interesting, Mynd. It's why I've gotten more of a town read on you, in fact. At least, enouhg to hold off and see where it leads so I don''t robb you of your fun.

Next thing we know you'll be calling Mynd "Son."

Both of you, claim..or don't. These soft claims are scummy and leave too much wiggle room to back out of. You aren't saving yourselves from a NK by soft claiming and you know it. Therefore it looks awfully scummy.

I agree.

1) EP is lying and this is some elaborate trick to get us to vote Basel/not vote Jack

2) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel because someone wants to protect Basel

3) EP is telling the truth and is forced to vote Jack instead of Basel to appear as though someone wants to protect Basel so we would lynch him

4) EP is lying/telling the truth/a figment of our imagination and forced/chose to vote Jack instead of Basel to distract us from more scum threatening

I have actually been wondering if EP is a figment of my imagination for a couple of months now. :wink: Maybe I've gone stark raving mad, as you put it Mynd, and I've begun fourm-hallucinating.

Let's take the low hanging fruit first.....

Blackhoof - who makes up a PR on D1 just to appear innocent? Oh that's right, ME! Who brought up his PR when no one else was, and he wasn't even posting?

Arez - I will admit, buddying up to me was a bit of a stretch - but no vote? What are you waiting for? Winter? By then it shall be too late!

We're not gonna use the "low-hanging Hoof fruit" again, are we?

These Stark hints are getting interesting, Mynd. It's why I've gotten more of a town read on you, in fact. At least, enouhg to hold off and see where it leads so I don''t robb you of your fun.

Both of you, claim..or don't. These soft claims are scummy and leave too much wiggle room to back out of. You aren't saving yourselves from a NK by soft claiming and you know it. Therefore it looks awfully scummy.

This.

Also, @EP: You've mentioned twice now that you would be voting me out of principle if not for my recent absence; has there been some kind of ban against referencing running DM mafia jokes that I should know of? Trying to policy lynch someone for such an offense seems just a tad irrational.

As for the whole VC business, even tho there's still plenty of WIFOM in the air about it, my gut tends to lead me in the direction that it's mainly to cause a distraction, by forcing town to stay focused on two possible townies (Basel strikes me as the best shot we have of hitting mafia today, but even that I'm not 100% yet). It wouldn't surprise me at all if mafia is mainly hiding among the lurkers, BG and Razen coming to mind, and also Tina and Tress for the strange voting records.

In fact, Unvote, Vote Tina. Something's too fishy about letting someone who you think might possibly be scum off the hook that easy after simply answering one of your questions "No"

That was not the whole reason, silly.

Tress´s vote on Blackhoof is very strange as several of you have pointed out. Why would he pretend to be Hodor with a PR if he is not? There is a big chance that Hodor is in this game and the real Hodor would know if he is faking. Tress, what was the meaning with your vote? Vote Tress.

Well he has admitted to faking PR's in other games. So nothing new.

Fair enough. I accept that explanation.

Unvote

My intuition still tells me there is still something odd going on though with that Basel thing but it isn't clicking together in my brain right now. Could be you are right, Basel is scum and the odd thing is EP distancing a little from Basel before flipping and going after Jack the main antagonist to Basel at the time. I'll think on it some more and review EP and Basel's interactions.

I have not distanced from basel in anyway sir. please check yoself

First of all, I'd like to add that I'm curious about how everyone just accepted that Turin's reaction to Mynd's prodding was because he "Hit a nerve" THAT NEVER WORKS OTHERWISE..

And Turin lost alot of heat, alot of heat... And everytime someone tries to bring it up again, ther person is ignored.

Secondly, I'm pissed at Kaylee... She always does this in games.. "Sorry I haven't been following the game, I will do my best to BLASLBLABLALBABLALBLBAL"

ALWAYS. Scummy lurky play with excuses all the time!

Sorry for being so harsh Kaylee, but it's annoying the frick out of me.

now if you had just found a way to turn those blas into a bulbasaur...

@Mynd: I had been thinking you were my father, in fact... up till you made the comment about "I am not my father", which struck me as a disclaim of Ned. I've been leaning toward you as my sibling since then. Or at least my half-sibling, although all the Stark hints indicate that you are named Stark. And that you aren't a Stark who has a metal electronic suit that can fly and shoot badass weapons. (Now there's one way to make the war go better for Winterfell...) From your blued line here, I am guessing that you are my sister.

@Peace: okay, if that's the way you want it. I am Robb Stark, Ned's son and heir to Winterfell. I actually wasn't soft-claiming to protect myself from an NK, I was hoping to get Mynd's attention. I've been thinking for a while now that as a Stark, he is trying to find his family. All we have to do is find Ned, Cat, and the other kids, and hope that Ned surviving the game doesn't create some kind of catastrophic paradox made by Sean Bean living through something.

And I'm also open to the possibility that Mynd is scum and was laying groundwork for a fakeclaim of Robb, or any other Stark child. But I think it's more likely that he is telling the truth here. That's what my gut tells me.

would that be the same catastrophy that would happen if I survived?

starks-winterfell-crocheted-dolls.jpg

Besides that, I really don't have much that hasn't already been pointed out by others at this moment. I still think Despo is doing the same thing that he felt made Basel scummy (making the list) - except he's calling it scumhunting. And if Basel is to be believed, both he and Mynd are Stark children, so there goes the idea that Basel is the most likely to be scum.

I'm going to vote for Arez. His buddying up to Mynd by echoing his case against Turin and then coming out against Kaylee and echoing Mynd when she checked in to say that she would be on later to share makes me think he's trying to avoid the attentions of our ever present beater of the snakes. And trying to avoid his attention by staying on his good side means that I think he's got something he doesn't want the beans spilled on. I think that Arez might be a Lannister.

This had been previously addressed way to follow along there Razen...

oops that picture snuck in there some how

Peace, no flat out reveal here. Have you seen the movie Brave? Great flick but the girl in that should have been more ladylike.

Basel, I'm not your son.

so how did your dancing lessons go? You ready for a dance competition yet?

First of all, I'd like to add that I'm curious about how everyone just accepted that Turin's reaction to Mynd's prodding was because he "Hit a nerve" THAT NEVER WORKS OTHERWISE..

And Turin lost alot of heat, alot of heat... And everytime someone tries to bring it up again, ther person is ignored.

^hodor >:(

Well he has admitted to faking PR's in other games. So nothing new.

hodor??? :huh:

Mynd by constantly pointing out the people who arnt voting your creating a no win situation. If they vote then you will most likely peg them for voting just to get suspicion off of them but if they dont vote then you peg them for not voting. Perhaps some of them just want to think abit more these cases and dont wish to toss our vote out needlessly.

It's still a valid scumhunting strategy, especially in a game like this with so many nonvoters at this stage in the game. And come to think of it, you seem to come out of the woodwork and harp on anyone who utilizes their own scumhunting strategy, trying to poke holes in their reasoning. Would you rather us sit and wait and hope the mafia's decide "Oh what the heck" and come forward and name themselves?

When there are so many that are choosing to bow out of the proceedings, it makes scumhunting and gauging reactions that much more difficult. There's nothing wrong with calling people out on it, then judging their activity when they DO decide to join us again and see if anything stands out.

Hence--> If you don't have another, more productive way of catching scum, then there's really not much point in posts like these. Baguette.

Guess what BG? Picard was better.

Agreed.

Double agreed.

Firstly, the double voter thing was already discussed, so way to skim scummy lee jones. And I didn't say Basel was scummy for making a list, so way to completely fail at grasping the point of my post. I called him out on it because it was kind of a lazy list, essentially the players that were already being focused on. The list I made was not a list of all the people I found scummy, but from among the inactives and nonvoters ONLY, who I thought stood out. For you to think that what I said in my post was somehow similar to what Basel did is pretty sketchy I must say. Seems like you're just trying to get tunnel vision on me, which makes me think you're either trying to draw attention off of Basel or that you think I'll somehow be an easy lynch.

As for the bolded sentence, it's pretty ridiculous that you go from "If person X is telling the truth" to "there goes the possibility of them being scum". You really think that mafia wouldn't try to claim a town role? Really?

And I never thought the case on Basel was really that strong honestly, but at the time he did seem like the best chance of us catching scum. For now I think it's fairly likely that many of the players that town has focused on up to this point are probably town themselves, and that mafia(s) are hiding amongst the lurkers.

On page 11 in my reread: The whole tying people together thing is a load of bunk and yadda yadda yadda it all looks like everyone was saying the same /stuff/ over and over. wifom wifom wifom..... Though I just accidentally read spoilers from this page and I'm resisting the urge to look into it. Like reading the end of Half Blood Prince and Gandalf died... that was the worst. But then he came back as Gandalf the White, so that was okay. /long day, still reading, everyone else is in bed already and I'm type type typing away like a mad little thing.

On page 11 in my reread: The whole tying people together thing is a load of bunk and yadda yadda yadda it all looks like everyone was saying the same /stuff/ over and over. wifom wifom wifom..... Though I just accidentally read spoilers from this page and I'm resisting the urge to look into it. Like reading the end of Half Blood Prince and Gandalf died... that was the worst. But then he came back as Gandalf the White, so that was okay. /long day, still reading, everyone else is in bed already and I'm type type typing away like a mad little thing.

Half-Blood Prince and Gandalf?

On page 11 in my reread: The whole tying people together thing is a load of bunk and yadda yadda yadda it all looks like everyone was saying the same /stuff/ over and over. wifom wifom wifom..... Though I just accidentally read spoilers from this page and I'm resisting the urge to look into it. Like reading the end of The Fellowship of the Ring and Gandalf died... that was the worst. But then he came back as Gandalf the White, so that was okay. /long day, still reading, everyone else is in bed already and I'm type type typing away like a mad little thing.

fixed it for you

On page 11 in my reread: The whole tying people together thing is a load of bunk and yadda yadda yadda it all looks like everyone was saying the same /stuff/ over and over. wifom wifom wifom..... Though I just accidentally read spoilers from this page and I'm resisting the urge to look into it. Like reading the end of The Fellowship of the Ring and Gandalf died... that was the worst. But then he came back as Gandalf the White, so that was okay. /long day, still reading, everyone else is in bed already and I'm type type typing away like a mad little thing.

fixed it for you

Didn't need fixing, darling.

/didn't finish reread because of other mafiaz. Wanna sleep and finish reading in morning... very tempting being that it's like 1am.

There was a sarcastic post? *goes back*

I will not be near a computer today but will do my best to check in from my phone.

Not really sure what to make of the VC. I haven't voted yet because there is still plenty of time before deadline. That & I was waiting to see peoples reactions to what's going on.

I should be able to get on later to posts thoughts.

YAY!!!!!! POST OF THE GAME RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

We learned that there is plenty of time before deadline! OMG!!! You are right!!! Why I was so nervous that deadline was in an hour, or in like two hours, but now that Kaylee has dug deep and scum-hunted hardcore, we have discovered this NEW INFORMATION that we have plenty of time before deadline!!!!

Thank the gods that she has a phone that she can check from, or her epic scum-hunting would have been thwarted!!! I shall drink to the man (or woman) who invented Dragonmount Mobile so that Kaylee can continue to provide us with keen insights and jaw-dropping observations about the game!!!!

I know the VC is hard to grasp as several of us don't know what to make of it, but we have shared some opinions. Kudos to Kaylee for not knowing what to make of it and withholding any guesswork as to not confuse us all. But the cunning lioness that she is, like a predator waiting for scum prey, she is sitting back and pretending to be inane and inactive as to lure the scum out into the open.....for that's when LIONESS KAYLEE will strike with a ROOOOOAAAAAARRR!!!!!!

In case you weren't being sarcastic..here it is.

Archived