DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

Official Vote Count:

Arez Al'Loke (1): Razen

Basel Gill (3): RandA lThor, Jack, Nightstrike

BG (1): Mynd

Jack (3): Kudaran, Basel Gill, EP

Myndrunner (2): Blackhoof

Tina (1): Despo

Tress (1): Tina

Turin (1): Peace

Not voting (10): Alanna, Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Kae, Kaylee, Lenlo, TheMasterDude, Tiinker, Tress, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night&month=06&day=27&year=2012&hour=18&min=00&sec=00&p0=745

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering what would happen if we don't reach majority before the end of the day. I didn't see anything mentioned at the start of the thread. If there is no lynch, then the scum would probably benefit from it. So it does look suspicious that there is so little activity. Very odd indeed.

If there is no lynch achieved then we will randomly modkill one of you, probably with no coroner's report.

Although, to be fair it's no easy call to make. It probably never is, day 1.

Quite the contrary! Day 1 is typically full of players who "joke vote" first then slowly slide their votes onto the bandwagon that seems most likely to take hold. What frustrates me about this lot, like with many townies on Day 1, is that they take the attitude of "I'll lynch anyone on Day 1, as long as its not me!" which completely plays into the hands of the scum.

Still, there are usually a lot lest non-voters at this time. More town oriented players would at least be clinging to one or two of the trains we've had, but the fact that we've had not one, two, but THREE lynch trains stall lead me to the conclusion that they all are likely mafia, but from different factions.

Turin - I'm still quite certain about striking a mark, but I fear that everyone else is to skurred to vote you for fear of more drama. Therefore, a finder can check you out tonight if need be.

Basel - My brother, so I don't think he's scum, but then again, this is Game of Thrones. Unless EP is a Lying Liar who Lies and fakes VC, I believe that the mafia (or A Mafia) tried to get EP to move his vote off Basel making Basel appear more scummy.

Jack - Part of me thinks that he or his faction is behind the whole EP thing, but then part of me believes the whole thing is a red herring. If I were mafia, I'd not involve anyone on my team in such a gambit. Which brings me back to Turin and Despo, who were hot topics until that whole scenario began.

BG - Dropped major hints at being aligned with Targerians. I cannot imagine the Targeryians being town. Third party at best, but definitely A scum team. Besides, typical playstyle for BG is to be knee deep in posts by now. Why has he held back so much?

We don't get any information from a dogpile at 30 minutes before deadline because then everyone can use the excuse of "Ohhh, we can't have a random lynch, I think this guy is town but we need a majority so.....blehhhh" I HATE when people do that. Let's lynch BGrishtinko and find out exactly what the Targeryians are up to!

If there is no lynch achieved then we will randomly modkill one of you, probably with no coroner's report.

Meh, I am not happy with the inactivity in my game. Why stop at one?

It's a joke. :p

BG - Dropped major hints at being aligned with Targerians. I cannot imagine the Targeryians being town. Third party at best, but definitely A scum team. Besides, typical playstyle for BG is to be knee deep in posts by now. Why has he held back so much?

I've totally missed that. He changed his vote on me (which kind of made me feel like he was probably town). I will definitely give him the chance to explain that. When did he say it, btw, was it early in the thread or later on? I'll have to go back and read it.

BEHOLD! BGristinko's entire set of posts for this game! Not hard to find, there were only like 10 of them! Sheesh, when Kaylee out posts you, time to just game-a-cide!

You know you love me Turin.

rubbish post

Yo

rubbish post

BG did you put your JP siggy on just for me? Beware the Mod in the midnight Blue Kimono as you eated her too that game.

You like it? That was still one of the funnest games I've played EVAH!

GREAT bit of scum-hunting here!

I think anything that goes on in a mafia game thread on thread is game related. I've seen people fake emotional breakdowns to avoid being lynched. Cheap tactic, but true. I've also seen people completely lie about Real Life things to explain lurking or other odd behavior.

It is known that mafia is a game of deceit and deception and saying that emotional reactions are not a source of info is crazy. Some people only slip up under pressure. If someone feels something is out of hand, they should submit it to the mod for review and they will handle it. Until then... anything goes.

Despite being spot on in the post above, the orange highlighted portion caught my eye. It is known that it is known is a known Dothraki saying.

I have not decided on a vote yet cause I'm weekend skimming.

Thanks for playing, then.

Everyone pile on BG!!!

Group hug? I feel so loved. Thanks Arez!

In-game flirtation between Arez and BGrishtinko. Its almost as if both are aware of each other's alignment.

Also, Hooray for hash browns! I hope the tomato farmers have done well so I can put me some ketchup on there. Also, are we still importing that sauce from Qarth, Tabasco?

Blatant Danerys reference....hot sauce and Qarth. Tomato farmers?

I will not be near a computer today but will do my best to check in from my phone.

Not really sure what to make of the VC. I haven't voted yet because there is still plenty of time before deadline. That & I was waiting to see peoples reactions to what's going on.

I should be able to get on later to posts thoughts.

YAY!!!!!! POST OF THE GAME RIGHT HERE!!!!!!

We learned that there is plenty of time before deadline! OMG!!! You are right!!! Why I was so nervous that deadline was in an hour, or in like two hours, but now that Kaylee has dug deep and scum-hunted hardcore, we have discovered this NEW INFORMATION that we have plenty of time before deadline!!!!

Thank the gods that she has a phone that she can check from, or her epic scum-hunting would have been thwarted!!! I shall drink to the man (or woman) who invented Dragonmount Mobile so that Kaylee can continue to provide us with keen insights and jaw-dropping observations about the game!!!!

I know the VC is hard to grasp as several of us don't know what to make of it, but we have shared some opinions. Kudos to Kaylee for not knowing what to make of it and withholding any guesswork as to not confuse us all. But the cunning lioness that she is, like a predator waiting for scum prey, she is sitting back and pretending to be inane and inactive as to lure the scum out into the open.....for that's when LIONESS KAYLEE will strike with a ROOOOOAAAAAARRR!!!!!!

Best. Post. Ever.

So... vote controlled on Day 1 seems a might odd to me. Seems doubtful that someone would fake that on Day 1. Scum may be using it to vet a teammate, but such is life, either he truly is vote controlled or he is scum. For now I'm inclined to say town.

I didn't really feel the need to get involved in Mynd vs. Turin&Despo too much. No reason to insert myself into that line of fire, though I gave an opinion on the matter.

Right now though, I'm thinking an interesting place to be looking at is the Basel Gill vote because it has two newer players making a Jack sandwich on the vote count. Rand and Nightstrike tend to still follow Occam's Razor which is a good thing most of the time, though sometimes a bit naive. Jack on the otherhand usually is the exact opposite of that and so I find this lump of people voting together interesting. There have been various other people on the Gill vote on and off (Despo and EP) as Gill has made responses to Jack's case on him but Striker here follows up way later and follows Jack's original reasoning.

Well, after this round of discussion, my current list of players to watch is this:

Turin

Despo

Mynd

Arez

I am guessing that two of these are scum, and the others are aomg the ones that haven't drawn heavy suspicion yet. Turin's overreaction to Mynd is drawing the most interest from me right now, so I will vote Turin.

No offense, but it's really to early to narrow your sights that much with this little information. It's fine if you'd of said those are the best nets for scum today, but saying 2 out of 4 people you suspect are scum is really interesting to me. You have given yourself a pretty wide net and potentially started ground work on future lynches. If you are mafia and one of those are your teammates then you've also left yourself room to vet yourself. Yeah that post pings.

Unvote and vote Basel

I didn't interpret the list Basel made at first as scummish, but the exchange between Basel and Jack gives me a dictinct feeling that Jack has the right ideas and Basel the wrong ideas. I think Basel is more interested in pushing for any lynch, and Jack is more likely to be genuinely interested in finding scum. The list Basel made wasn't something I could agree on at the time, either. So I think I must vote Basel .

Check out the time stamps. Two full days between and 10ish pages. Seems an odd timing to follow up on Jack's initial vote. So for now:

Vote Nightstrike

He's all over the place here, but never really committing to anything until his vote on Nightstrike. Maybe EP is scum maybe he's town, maybe Basel is scum, maybe he's town, maybe I'm George Clooney. At least he finally committed to a vote!

Fair enough. I accept that explanation.

Unvote

My intuition still tells me there is still something odd going on though with that Basel thing but it isn't clicking together in my brain right now. Could be you are right, Basel is scum and the odd thing is EP distancing a little from Basel before flipping and going after Jack the main antagonist to Basel at the time. I'll think on it some more and review EP and Basel's interactions.

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

I really think that Basel and Jack are town, and this whole vote change business is a red herring.

What do you think about EP?

I've been clear about this. What do YOU think of EP? Or perhaps we should ask, what do YOU think about EP when you controlled his vote?!

I am going to burn the bread of the next person to make a baguette joke.

Soo.... you mean like this? :flamingsword:

rubbish

Mynd by constantly pointing out the people who arnt voting your creating a no win situation. If they vote then you will most likely peg them for voting just to get suspicion off of them but if they dont vote then you peg them for not voting. Perhaps some of them just want to think abit more these cases and dont wish to toss our vote out needlessly.

Also, Captain Kirk disagrees. There's no such thing as a No-Win situation.

space rubbish

Guess what BG? Picard was better.

Agreed.

rubbish because everyone knows Janeway was the best!

I think BGristinko is playing soft because he's got a scum team to protect. He has some severe commitment issues and has hinted at Targeryian (or Dothraki) neither of which would have town oriented intentions for the throne. I say LYNCH!

I'm really trying to stay caught up....and I caught the same references that Mynd did. The Targaryens are prime cult candidates, so lynching BG does seem like a good idea at the moment.

Vote BG

Good luck Kaylee!

@ Mynd

Yes... like I've ever played soft when I've had a scum team to protect?

I'm sorry, young Stark, you have much to learn about the world. You think its all pretty rainbows and sweet princes, but be cautious and listen to those who are wise. I can assure you, I only serve your Father who is the Lord of Winterfell.

I never said reveal Jack, I said claim.

@ Mynd

Yes... like I've ever played soft when I've had a scum team to protect?

I'm sorry, young Stark, you have much to learn about the world. You think its all pretty rainbows and sweet princes, but be cautious and listen to those who are wise. I can assure you, I only serve your Father who is the Lord of Winterfell.

The bold. Thats a claim that he is a Stark/Family friend of the Starks. Theres a good many of those, Theon the traitor being one for those of you who have read the books. I was only asking Kae why she unvoted at the slightest hint that BG was Stark aligned. Not like people can, you know, lie.

Official Vote Count:

Arez Al'Loke (1): Razen

Basel Gill (3): RandA lThor, Jack, Nightstrike

BG (1): Mynd

Jack (3): Kudaran, Basel Gill, EP

Myndrunner (2): Blackhoof

Tina (1): Despo

Tress (1): Tina

Turin (2): Peace, TMD

Kae also Voted and then Unvoted BG since the last vote count.

Not voting (9): Alanna, Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Kae, Kaylee, Lenlo, Tiinker, Tress, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night&month=06&day=27&year=2012&hour=18&min=00&sec=00&p0=745

... 26 hours

[....]

Which brings me to this....

unvote

Vote Bgristinko

You have dropped major hints at being aligned with the Targerians. Tabasco from Qarth? It is known and such? One doesn't have to hunt far for your breadcrumbs the size of wedding cakes. What perplexes me is why drop those hints, unless you are Danerys and you are trying to get Jorah to find you or something.

Either way, I doubt that the Targerians are Town, certainly not PRO-Stark, so I think getting rid of the Dragon on Day 1 would be a smart move for us all.

I can understand why you would think this. Those were unitentional references and I was not attempting to hint at Targeryian in any way. Even if I were, if my role were anti-town in any way, I'd want to keep that shiz hidden at all costs not blab it out there for everyone to pick up on. The fact you are wrong about my hints (which I admit could be interpreted to look like Danny or Conan the Barbarian) doesn't change your intentions though, so let's look at it.

As such, let's pretend I WAS purposefully laying those hints for a minute which is what you believe:

The only reason I'd have to point that out is if I wanted people to know I was Targaryian. If I wanted people to know that, there would need to be a benefit for the town, or at least a determent to the mafia for me putting that info out. As I mentioned before, I'd want to keep that shiz locked up if I were anti-town. You caught onto the hints, you should have by all means kept your mouth shut about it for the most part. Instead, you pull it out for everyone to see, wrap a dirty towel around it and claim that I'm scum/3rd party that is hinting at my role (whuh?). From your persepctive, you basically are stating you want to lynch me because I'm hinting at my role and purposefully remaining on the down low. Despite those two things being contrary to each other, your attacking it is the textbook definition of scummy. You see someone that is a potential threat and isn't attracting much attention, so you take what they say, make up a themed reason why they must be anti-town and call it a day to get rid of them early.

Vote Mynd

[...]

We don't get any information from a dogpile at 30 minutes before deadline because then everyone can use the excuse of "Ohhh, we can't have a random lynch, I think this guy is town but we need a majority so.....blehhhh" I HATE when people do that. Let's lynch BGrishtinko and find out exactly what the Targeryians are up to!

Again, you are basing your idea that I'm anti-town purposefully hinting that I'm anti-town? Where is the motivation?

BEHOLD! BGristinko's entire set of posts for this game! Not hard to find, there were only like 10 of them! Sheesh, when Kaylee out posts you, time to just game-a-cide!

You know you love me Turin.

rubbish post

Yo

rubbish post

BG did you put your JP siggy on just for me? Beware the Mod in the midnight Blue Kimono as you eated her too that game.

You like it? That was still one of the funnest games I've played EVAH!

GREAT bit of scum-hunting here!

The above posts are all opening randomness and commenting on others randomness. Moving along.

I think anything that goes on in a mafia game thread on thread is game related. I've seen people fake emotional breakdowns to avoid being lynched. Cheap tactic, but true. I've also seen people completely lie about Real Life things to explain lurking or other odd behavior.

It is known that mafia is a game of deceit and deception and saying that emotional reactions are not a source of info is crazy. Some people only slip up under pressure. If someone feels something is out of hand, they should submit it to the mod for review and they will handle it. Until then... anything goes.

Despite being spot on in the post above, the orange highlighted portion caught my eye. It is known that it is known is a known Dothraki saying.

Felt I should at least give my opinion on this matter, the "It is known" wasn't an intentional reference.

I have not decided on a vote yet cause I'm weekend skimming.

Thanks for playing, then.

Honest truth, you may have noticed that for the past few months, this has been my playstyle. My wife gets mad when I spend lots of time on my computer on the weekends. So I check in and make sure I'm following along in case something important happends, but I don't generally contribute.

Everyone pile on BG!!!

Group hug? I feel so loved. Thanks Arez!

In-game flirtation between Arez and BGrishtinko. Its almost as if both are aware of each other's alignment.

Sarcastic banter, whatever.

Also, Hooray for hash browns! I hope the tomato farmers have done well so I can put me some ketchup on there. Also, are we still importing that sauce from Qarth, Tabasco?

Blatant Danerys reference....hot sauce and Qarth. Tomato farmers?

I thought Ithi's post about hashbrowns was funny and delicious, I wanted to make it known using the theme somehow.

[... Mynd mocks Kaylee's post...]

Best. Post. Ever.

So... vote controlled on Day 1 seems a might odd to me. Seems doubtful that someone would fake that on Day 1. Scum may be using it to vet a teammate, but such is life, either he truly is vote controlled or he is scum. For now I'm inclined to say town.

I didn't really feel the need to get involved in Mynd vs. Turin&Despo too much. No reason to insert myself into that line of fire, though I gave an opinion on the matter.

Right now though, I'm thinking an interesting place to be looking at is the Basel Gill vote because it has two newer players making a Jack sandwich on the vote count. Rand and Nightstrike tend to still follow Occam's Razor which is a good thing most of the time, though sometimes a bit naive. Jack on the otherhand usually is the exact opposite of that and so I find this lump of people voting together interesting. There have been various other people on the Gill vote on and off (Despo and EP) as Gill has made responses to Jack's case on him but Striker here follows up way later and follows Jack's original reasoning.

[... I quote some stuff...]

Check out the time stamps. Two full days between and 10ish pages. Seems an odd timing to follow up on Jack's initial vote. So for now:

Vote Nightstrike

He's all over the place here, but never really committing to anything until his vote on Nightstrike. Maybe EP is scum maybe he's town, maybe Basel is scum, maybe he's town, maybe I'm George Clooney. At least he finally committed to a vote!

I finally did a full read paying closer attention and was catching up with my opinions. Something felt off on Basel's train, and I began investigating starting with Nightstrike.

Fair enough. I accept that explanation.

Unvote

My intuition still tells me there is still something odd going on though with that Basel thing but it isn't clicking together in my brain right now. Could be you are right, Basel is scum and the odd thing is EP distancing a little from Basel before flipping and going after Jack the main antagonist to Basel at the time. I'll think on it some more and review EP and Basel's interactions.

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Nightstrike made a decent defence and I had misunderstood something he had said. He cleared it up and it no longer warrented a vote.

I really think that Basel and Jack are town, and this whole vote change business is a red herring.

What do you think about EP?

I've been clear about this. What do YOU think of EP? Or perhaps we should ask, what do YOU think about EP when you controlled his vote?!

I now think EP was vote controlled, but I wasn't sure at the time.

I am going to burn the bread of the next person to make a baguette joke.

Soo.... you mean like this? :flamingsword:

rubbish

Not even a little funny?

Mynd by constantly pointing out the people who arnt voting your creating a no win situation. If they vote then you will most likely peg them for voting just to get suspicion off of them but if they dont vote then you peg them for not voting. Perhaps some of them just want to think abit more these cases and dont wish to toss our vote out needlessly.

Also, Captain Kirk disagrees. There's no such thing as a No-Win situation.

space rubbish

Guess what BG? Picard was better.

Agreed.

rubbish because everyone knows Janeway was the best!

And some more spam on my part.

I think BGristinko is playing soft because he's got a scum team to protect. He has some severe commitment issues and has hinted at Targeryian (or Dothraki) neither of which would have town oriented intentions for the throne. I say LYNCH!

Look, its Day 1. I haven't been absent, but you are right that I haven't been a super scum hunting haxor either. Day 1 rolling along sometimes works for me especially when a large portion of Day 1 happens on the weekend. I like to mix it up too.

I think you saw a good chink in my armor and started wailing on it by quoting everything I have said and painting it to your narrative. I've done it before, ask PantsOnFire.

People may see this as OMGUS, but its not since if you'd done the same thing to someone else, I'd have made the same case.

As such, I think you are being purposefully deceptive to get people to vote me and therefore scum.

I unvoted because I understood your hint. And I have ideas as to what role that character could be.

Okay, good. However, you are probably way off about what ideas you might have about my role.

Archived