DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count:

Basel Gill (4): RandA lThor, Jack, Despo, EP

Blackhoof (1): Sakaea

Jack (2): Razen, Kudaran

Myndrunner (1): Tinker

Turin (3): Myndrunner, Arez Al'Loke, Peace

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.  

There is no deadline at present, but that can change

If Turin's overreaction was due to things he felt were personal insults at someone, then it says nothing about his alignment, because his reaction was not due to his being town or scum, but rather driven by a perceived offense toward someone he cares about. I've been in his shoes during a previous game. People said and did things concerning me that I found impossible at the time to see as anything but personal, and my response was widely interpreted as overreacting. I was really quite deeply hurt by what went on. I not only almost quit that game, but also all other games I was in at the time. And I had been town in the game in question.

In fact, I contend that you wouldn't have needed to "cool off" if you were town. If there was no basis for my accusations then why did you take it so hard?

Mynd, in the bit I quoted from you, I will venture that you have the situation completely backward. I can't speak for Turin, but I know in his shoes, I would (and in fact, I have) needed to cool off more as town, because as scum, I would know that the cases on me were justified, and the suspicions were correct. Whereas as town, I would see it as being falsely accused and perhaps belittled. You wonder why Turin would take it so hard if there is no basis for your accusations. Have you considered that this is precisely why he is taking it so hard?

Why are you defending Turin so hard Basel? All I did was question his Day 1 vote, which if he wasn't so sensitive about it, he would have brushed it off as a "joke vote" as well. Things got out of hand from there, I won't go into details, but I really struck a nerve. Then you swoop in with your vague accusations and grass beating (which I support) but when I bring up Turin again, you take to his defense. Has it occurred to you that he might be scum? Or do you know this for fact because he's on the team with you? Perhaps your plan was to run interference while he cooled off and sulked. Interesting who ISN'T voting Turin, since you are now the second highest lynch.

Says the man who his already hinted it. lol As if anyone would have missed that.

Thanks for FURTHER highlighting it. Mine was much more subtle but you and Turin are bringing it out in the open. No worries, I'm not my father so I'd rather be a target than him. Curious as to why you are now unvoting....when the Turin train had begun to catch steam.

Mynd, you have to realize (and I am sorry, I am talking about the whole cooling off thing not the game), that everyone else will react differently then you. Especially when someone they have known and care about is in question. Questioning how someone reacts emotionally is not a good way at all to find scum. By your methods, someone who is very sensitive emotionally is scum. LET'S LYNCH THEM! No. Everyone reacts differently to situations and using this is a very bad way to find scum. So instead of talking about this, how about we do some real scum hunting here and try to find mafia based on scum slips, not based on personal reactions.

Why was Arez on the list, by the way?

He struck me as buddying up to Mynd. I'm also watching Jack now, after his act of distancing from Despo by voting and then unvoting him. Or possibly Despo is town, and Jack is trying to lay more suspicion on him to set up a future lynch.

Lulz if every vote is considered distancing, then I am possibly distancing from you. No? Also I'm linking Despo and Turin, to set up a lynch. Right? You can't have it both ways. You are just fosing me because I voted you. You are trying to brush aside my reasoning by pushing an incongruous line of thinking. You sir, still have my vote.

If Turin's overreaction was due to things he felt were personal insults at someone, then it says nothing about his alignment, because his reaction was not due to his being town or scum, but rather driven by a perceived offense toward someone he cares about. I've been in his shoes during a previous game. People said and did things concerning me that I found impossible at the time to see as anything but personal, and my response was widely interpreted as overreacting. I was really quite deeply hurt by what went on. I not only almost quit that game, but also all other games I was in at the time. And I had been town in the game in question.

In fact, I contend that you wouldn't have needed to "cool off" if you were town. If there was no basis for my accusations then why did you take it so hard?

Mynd, in the bit I quoted from you, I will venture that you have the situation completely backward. I can't speak for Turin, but I know in his shoes, I would (and in fact, I have) needed to cool off more as town, because as scum, I would know that the cases on me were justified, and the suspicions were correct. Whereas as town, I would see it as being falsely accused and perhaps belittled. You wonder why Turin would take it so hard if there is no basis for your accusations. Have you considered that this is precisely why he is taking it so hard?

Why are you defending Turin so hard Basel? All I did was question his Day 1 vote, which if he wasn't so sensitive about it, he would have brushed it off as a "joke vote" as well. Things got out of hand from there, I won't go into details, but I really struck a nerve. Then you swoop in with your vague accusations and grass beating (which I support) but when I bring up Turin again, you take to his defense. Has it occurred to you that he might be scum? Or do you know this for fact because he's on the team with you? Perhaps your plan was to run interference while he cooled off and sulked. Interesting who ISN'T voting Turin, since you are now the second highest lynch.

Says the man who his already hinted it. lol As if anyone would have missed that.

Thanks for FURTHER highlighting it. Mine was much more subtle but you and Turin are bringing it out in the open. No worries, I'm not my father so I'd rather be a target than him. Curious as to why you are now unvoting....when the Turin train had begun to catch steam.

Mynd, I changed my position on Turin when it became evident that he was taking things on a personal level. You've said in past games that everything in a game should be taken as part of the game, and I'm still allowing for that possibility. It has indeed occurred to me that Turin may be scum, and his post may be a ploy for sympathy or somesuch. But I want more data in light of the signs that he was overreacting due to what he saw as personal insults. I want something which I can take to the bank as being an in-game indication that he is scum. I would just as soon not vote someone if I think what I thought were scumtells have a decent chance of actually taking something personally. This isn't the stark reversal you seem to be painting it as. When and if we have more data on Turin, I can always revote him.

Mynd, you have to realize (and I am sorry, I am talking about the whole cooling off thing not the game), that everyone else will react differently then you. Especially when someone they have known and care about is in question. Questioning how someone reacts emotionally is not a good way at all to find scum. By your methods, someone who is very sensitive emotionally is scum. LET'S LYNCH THEM! No. Everyone reacts differently to situations and using this is a very bad way to find scum. So instead of talking about this, how about we do some real scum hunting here and try to find mafia based on scum slips, not based on personal reactions.

This.

First, here is a link to when I first voted for Turin. Everything was pleasant and flowers and puppies and unicorn rainbow farts. I do this rather than quote stuff because you can go and read it at your leisure. I don't wanna drag this back up, but I stand behind my reasons.

Aren't emotional reactions possible scum tells? People do react differently, but that's where knowing how people play factors into games like this. OMG META-GAMING?!?! Yes! The reactions to my initial prodding suggest that I am onto something. I am not saying that emotional players are scum, I am saying that his reaction and others lead me to believe that there is something to my accusation and that he is likely scum because of it. If he were town it would have been brushed off, even if he were sore about it.

Interesting that more of Turin's defenders are surfacing while his train is derailing.

I think anything that goes on in a mafia game thread on thread is game related. I've seen people fake emotional breakdowns to avoid being lynched. Cheap tactic, but true. I've also seen people completely lie about Real Life things to explain lurking or other odd behavior.

It is known that mafia is a game of deceit and deception and saying that emotional reactions are not a source of info is crazy. Some people only slip up under pressure. If someone feels something is out of hand, they should submit it to the mod for review and they will handle it. Until then... anything goes.

First, here is a link to when I first voted for Turin. Everything was pleasant and flowers and puppies and unicorn rainbow farts. I do this rather than quote stuff because you can go and read it at your leisure. I don't wanna drag this back up, but I stand behind my reasons.

Aren't emotional reactions possible scum tells? People do react differently, but that's where knowing how people play factors into games like this. OMG META-GAMING?!?! Yes! The reactions to my initial prodding suggest that I am onto something. I am not saying that emotional players are scum, I am saying that his reaction and others lead me to believe that there is something to my accusation and that he is likely scum because of it. If he were town it would have been brushed off, even if he were sore about it.

Interesting that more of Turin's defenders are surfacing while his train is derailing.

Emotional reactions are possible scumtells, yes. Possible is not the same thing as definite, or even the same thing as probable. When I saw evidence that Turin's reaction was due to something he thought was out of line, I considered it a valid hole in the case against him. If he was offended by (perceived) insults to someone he is close with, and who is a mod in this game, and therefore not on his team by default, then his reaction was not game-related. You were not making personal insults to anyone, but Turin seems to have thought you were. How is it scummy to want more evidence on someone before you come to a decision?

And Mynd, you yourself have taken offense to things other people have said in a game before as crossing the line. And as I recall, you were in the general *cough* neighborhood *cough* of being town.

Emotional reactions are possible scumtells, yes. Possible is not the same thing as definite, or even the same thing as probable. When I saw evidence that Turin's reaction was due to something he thought was out of line, I considered it a valid hole in the case against him. If he was offended by (perceived) insults to someone he is close with, and who is a mod in this game, and therefore not on his team by default, then his reaction was not game-related. You were not making personal insults to anyone, but Turin seems to have thought you were. How is it scummy to want more evidence on someone before you come to a decision?

And Mynd, you yourself have taken offense to things other people have said in a game before as crossing the line. And as I recall, you were in the general *cough* neighborhood *cough* of being town.

It's not the emotional reaction per see but rather what's said when one is put in that situation.

Official Vote Count:

Basel Gill (4): RandA lThor, Jack, Despo, EP

Blackhoof (1): Sakaea

Jack (2): Razen, Kudaran

Myndrunner (1): Tinker

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

There is no deadline at present, but that can change

I think I may go figure out who ISN'T voting :dry:

ironthrone.gif

Light shone from a stained glass window behind the Iron Throne. The veil cast by the thrones peak cast its owner in shadow. The King lounged back, despite the blades that formed the Seat, confident and powerful. Now a glance to the right of the Throne and a nod, calling the female that waited there over. As she bent down the King whispered quickly in her ear. She stood and the room fell silent, all conversation forgotten in the power of the moment.

I am the Voice of the Iron Throne. You will listen to my words.

The King wishes it to be known that it has been a great year in Westeros. The King is particularly pleased that the potato crop this year has been excellent so there will be an abundance of hash browns for all with their breakfasts. Also the horses have been breeding many fine foals for our knights. The Family Awareness Courses have been doing a wonderful job and the number of reported incestuous births is down by 27%, however unreported incestuous births are up slightly at 4%.

Furthermore, the spider infestation of the granaries has been eradicated ... hence ---> Baguette.

Let it not be said that the King does not have their finger on the pulse of the Nation.

These are the words of the King.

She held their gazes for a few minutes afterwards, to ensure they had fully absorbed the information contained within the Royal Proclamation, and then stepped back until she was back at her place on the right hand side of the Throne, where she would wait until she was called upon again.

It would make sense for someone to get the idea to place them on a team together. It would also make sense for one of them to want the other out of the game because of certain issues. I cannot speak any more....my gameplay has been hindered from pursuing that avenue of questioning.

I'm going to say that I don't buy either one of these as likely, Mynd. Or even plausible. Turin and Despo may very well be on a team together. But I have enough respect for "someone" as a person to know that "someone" would not do anything as unprofessional as putting two people she has close connections to on the same team deliberately. If random.org determines that it should be so, then that is a different matter. Nor do I have a low enough opinion of either one of them to think that they might want to get the other out of the game for external reasons, which would also be unprofessional.

I will respect the mods' apparent wishes after this post, and not say anything further on the subject.

Thus! QFT Mynd

Also, Hooray for hash browns! I hope the tomato farmers have done well so I can put me some ketchup on there. Also, are we still importing that sauce from Qarth, Tabasco?

I believe that sauce comes from Dorne if I'm not mistaken. After all, Dorne is where they're found of the spiciness and such, and Qarth is mainly where Shade of the Evening and other such mystical elements can come from. Hence--> Baguette.

Back to game thoughts, does anyone else find it interesting that after Basel named me, Mynd, Turin, and Arez as the persons of interest this game, he has since come out to say that Mynd seemed town to him, and then came to Turin's defense? Seems a little peculiar...

Hence--> Scumette :myrddraal:

Archived