DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

Basel's play does seem a bit questionable so far. The list of four with "two of them must be scum" strikes me as off.

Since there is time to pursue other avenues as well, and competing trains is generally a good thing, I'd be interested in following up on Hoof and what appears to be faking a PR. Such an obvious character hint when Darthe would never have imposed a PR on that character (too obvious) just smells fishy.

Vote Hoof.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basel's play does seem a bit questionable so far. The list of four with "two of them must be scum" strikes me as off.

Since there is time to pursue other avenues as well, and competing trains is generally a good thing, I'd be interested in following up on Hoof and what appears to be faking a PR. Such an obvious character hint when Darthe would never have imposed a PR on that character (too obvious) just smells fishy.

Vote Hoof.

Why do you say he's faking a PR? He could be getting into his character or just trying to be funny. He could very well be Hodor - hence the blatant hinting. And right away you hop on his bandwagon. Noted. What do you think about Turin and Mynd, Songstress?

Vote Hoof.

Why do you say he's faking a PR? He could be getting into his character or just trying to be funny. He could very well be Hodor - hence the blatant hinting. And right away you hop on his bandwagon. Noted. What do you think about Turin and Mynd, Songstress?

I say it looks to me like he's faking a PR because there was a lot of discussion about it earlier, then he followed up with this:

Checking in! Vote Blackhoof :wink:

Just FYI, I won't be around much til Monday.

meany :(

i mean HODOR

VOTE TURIN.

I'm kinda wondering if Jack's vote on Basel is an attempt to start a second train and pull votes from Turin. If so..Turin is scum.

HODOR... hodor hodor :mad:

Maybe he's not faking a PR, but I think it's worth exploring. He could be hinting his own character so blatantly it hurts, or he could be trying to make it look like he's Hodor when he's actually not.

As I said, there's time to explore other avenues here. I'm interested in that one right now since it stuck out to me, but I am watching the other things that are going on.

As for Turin and Mynd, I weighed in earlier. It looked to me like Turin overreacted a bit to Mynd's prodding, but I can totally see how he and Despo both would have taken exception to Mynd's post. Mynd has been extremely aggressive in this case. Right now I'm getting a town vibe from Mynd, and I'm not sure about either Turin or Despo. But just because someone takes offense at another person's wording or line of inquiry it doesn't mean they're scum. In Kat's game D1 Ithi called my first post "inane" and I reacted with irritation before I thought better of it. Both of us were town there. It happens.

I'm observing that situation right now.

Official Vote Count:

Basel Gill (4): RandA lThor, Jack, Despo, EP

Blackhoof (1): Sakaea

Jack (2): Razen, Kudaran

Myndrunner (1): Tinker

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

Not voting (12): Arez Al'Loke, Basel Gill, bgrishinko, Blackhoof, Kaylee, Lenlo, Nightstrike, Pankhuri, Songstress, TheMasterDude, TinaHel, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

There is no deadline at present, but that can change

I've obviously spent far too much time with certain people lol:

Inane - a word thought to be a mispelling of "insane" by dumbasses. It is in fact a synonum for "empty".

It totally was an empty post ;) Now, less of the 'What Ithi Did and Might Have Done' lol. You are all my favourites and you may all have BVPs :biggrin:

Of course Darthe is likely to take them all away, so enjoy while you can :)

Back to game thoughts, does anyone else find it interesting that after Basel named me, Mynd, Turin, and Arez as the persons of interest this game, he has since come out to say that Mynd seemed town to him, and then came to Turin's defense? Seems a little peculiar...

Hence--> Scumette :myrddraal:

Despo, that was before Turin indicated that he was responding to what he felt were personal insults. I've already made my thoughts on that perfectly clear. As for Mynd, he has been dropping hints in a certain direction since I made my list, and given what I know as facts, I want to see where that leads. I fear that if I push a lynch on him without enough to go on, then winter could be coming.

Tress, I said my guess was two of them were scum. That was what my gut was telling me at the time. I thought the odds were long that I was right about all of them being scum, but I suspected that some of them would turn out to really be scum I never claimed that it was an absolute certainty that two of them (or even any of them) are scum. And as I have noted, additional things have come to light since then which have changed my perceptions.

I did notice Turin's overreaction, but can understand how, if taken personally, he'd need to take time. Not sure what to make of it atm. So far Mynd is coming across as town to me. As far as Basel goes, it seems suspicious to have the list of potential scum with the info so far: which is not much.

Why was Arez on the list, by the way?

He struck me as buddying up to Mynd. I'm also watching Jack now, after his act of distancing from Despo by voting and then unvoting him. Or possibly Despo is town, and Jack is trying to lay more suspicion on him to set up a future lynch.

Lulz if every vote is considered distancing, then I am possibly distancing from you. No? Also I'm linking Despo and Turin, to set up a lynch. Right? You can't have it both ways. You are just fosing me because I voted you. You are trying to brush aside my reasoning by pushing an incongruous line of thinking. You sir, still have my vote.

@basel are you going to reply to me?

*wishes deadline was Tuesday or Wednesday*

Do you mean that post, Jack? Okay.

Not every vote is distancing. I never claimed that every vote is distancing, so please quit putting words in my mouth. Distortion of other people's posts is also a scum tactic. I claimed your vote on Despo could be distancing, which you then unvoted, possibly to make yourself look town with respect to him.

Furthermore, what reason would I have to suggest that you are distancing from me? For that, my argument would need to assume that I am scum alongside you. Now, let's see... townies would like to be accepted as town. Scum would like to present themselves as town. These are Mafia game basics. Are you really suggesting that I am deliberately presenting myself as mafia? Because I can't think of a good reason for anyone in this game to do so. You say I can't have it both ways: either you are supposedly distancing from me, or you are trying to link Despo and Turin. Well, I am only trying to have it one way here.

I've obviously spent far too much time with certain people lol:

Inane - a word thought to be a mispelling of "insane" by dumbasses. It is in fact a synonum for "empty".

It totally was an empty post ;) Now, less of the 'What Ithi Did and Might Have Done' lol. You are all my favourites and you may all have BVPs :biggrin:

Of course Darthe is likely to take them all away, so enjoy while you can :)

Hmm... I think I shall let them remain. However, Ithillian forgot to tell you all that each BPV contains a "Needle" in it coated with a highly deadly neurotoxin so if you wish to live to night you may wish to remove your own.

"Valar Morghulis", Happy hunting.

@Basel

You are saying

1) in distancing from Despo

2) I'm linking Despo and Turin to try and get them both lynched

Distancing implies that Despo and myself are scum. Linking Despo and Turin implies I'm mafia and I think both are town to get them lynched.

If Despo wouldn't have linked himself with Turin by vehemently defending him then no one would point it out. I voted because of the defense an the over apparent linkage. I then unvoted because I have found your posts and actions to be the scummiest ATM.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. It would technically be letters on your fingers.

Another point is don't post scummy or incongruous posts and People won't point them out.

I don´t think Turin over reacted. Mynd went out hard so Turin pushed back. Do you think he should just wait to be overrun by the bulldozer?

^^hodor :)

Ok now all jokes aside, I'm not liking the buildup on Turin's train, did we become JN without my knowing? I'm getting a null read on Turin right now but I'm questionable on some of those votes *watches*

^^hodor :)

@Basel

You are saying

1) in distancing from Despo

2) I'm linking Despo and Turin to try and get them both lynched

Distancing implies that Despo and myself are scum. Linking Despo and Turin implies I'm mafia and I think both are town to get them lynched.

Jack, let's take a look at you and I had to say. I will be highlighting the important bits in blue, but not a single word will be edited out of what I quote here.

He struck me as buddying up to Mynd. I'm also watching Jack now, after his act of distancing from Despo by voting and then unvoting him. Or possibly Despo is town, and Jack is trying to lay more suspicion on him to set up a future lynch.

Lulz if every vote is considered distancing, then I am possibly distancing from you. No? Also I'm linking Despo and Turin, to set up a lynch. Right? You can't have it both ways. You are just fosing me because I voted you. You are trying to brush aside my reasoning by pushing an incongruous line of thinking. You sir, still have my vote.

First off, you claimed that I said you were distancing yourself from me in this post, not from Despo. Why you would think I am making this claim is beyond me. Like I said, saying that you are distancing from me would mean me coming right out and admitting to being scum, which neither scum nor town should have reason to do.

Secondly, look at the bit from my post that you quoted which I blued. I said that either you are distancing from Despo, or you are setting up a Despo lynch. The key word here is "or". I outlined two possibilities which both have you as scum. One has Despo as your teammate, and one has him as town. You've claimed they are contradictory, which they are. But you've also claimed I presented them both as truth, which I didn't, and that's where you slipped up. Vote Jack.

Also Basel after that post you pressed the envelope of both possibilities. Not entertaining one that I may be town. That is where you are narrow sighted, and wrong. You've got blinders on trying to disprove someone who has valid reason for voting you buy constructing a smoke and mirrors case built around a weak omgus.

Let's be for real here, I haven't slipped at all. If you would of said misinterpreted, now that I might believe and understand but slip because you are blindly omgusing, tunneling and getting hot under the collar, no I can't understand nor level with that.

I said would my vote count as distancing? Now you are lying. That's worse then putting words in mouths. Lulz

All right, fair enough on that point. But that doesn't address how you've taken me putting forth two different possible theories and have me saying they are both fact, when I presented it as an either/or situation.

I said would my vote count as distancing? Now you are lying. That's worse then putting words in mouths. Lulz

All right, fair enough on that point. But that doesn't address how you've taken me putting forth two different possible theories and have me saying they are both fact, when I presented it as an either/or situation.

That one post you did. After that you pushed them together. Your refusal to admit I may be town is also another reason your case is misconstrued.

Official Vote Count:

Basel Gill (4): RandA lThor, Jack, Despo, EP

Blackhoof (1): Sakaea

Jack (3): Razen, Kudaran, Basel Gill

Myndrunner (1): Tinker

Turin (2): Myndrunner, Peace

Not voting (12): Arez Al'Loke, bgrishinko, Blackhoof, Kaylee, Lenlo, Nightstrike, Pankhuri, Songstress, TheMasterDude, TinaHel, Turin

With 22 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

A Time Has Been Selected: Night Begins on Wednesday, June 27th at 18:00. Here is a countdown timer:

http://bit.ly/MirTOL

I dislike all of the tying of players together that is going on in this game. The player that I've seen encourage this tying players together the most is Basel, due to his inclusion of those three on his list, along with Arez, who has buddied up to Mynd. But I'm also interested by Jack, who voted for Despo after reading his elaborate post defending Turin, (tying them together, btw), but then switched to Basel for that list. Tying Despo to Turin, and then going after someone who had tied them to Mynd and casting the groundwork for future lynches.

Well, after this round of discussion, my current list of players to watch is this:

Turin

Despo

Mynd

Arez

I am guessing that two of these are scum, and the others are aomg the ones that haven't drawn heavy suspicion yet. Turin's overreaction to Mynd is drawing the most interest from me right now, so I will vote Turin.

Exceptional defense of Turin. I applaud.

Vote Despo

No offense, but it's really to early to narrow your sights that much with this little information. It's fine if you'd of said those are the best nets for scum today, but saying 2 out of 4 people you suspect are scum is really interesting to me. You have given yourself a pretty wide net and potentially started ground work on future lynches. If you are mafia and one of those are your teammates then you've also left yourself room to vet yourself. Yeah that post pings.

Unvote and vote Basel

Mafia tend to defend townies to make themselves look more townie whenever the person they are defending flips town.

Mafia also tend to vote their teammates to establish some distance and then unvote them later on to avoid actually getting hem lynched. Kind of like how you started out with Despo, and then unvoted him. A man might actually be suspicious of this. A man might also deny you a baguette for this.

@basel are you going to reply to me?

*wishes deadline was Tuesday or Wednesday*

Do you mean that post, Jack? Okay.

Not every vote is distancing. I never claimed that every vote is distancing, so please quit putting words in my mouth. Distortion of other people's posts is also a scum tactic. I claimed your vote on Despo could be distancing, which you then unvoted, possibly to make yourself look town with respect to him.

Furthermore, what reason would I have to suggest that you are distancing from me? For that, my argument would need to assume that I am scum alongside you. Now, let's see... townies would like to be accepted as town. Scum would like to present themselves as town. These are Mafia game basics. Are you really suggesting that I am deliberately presenting myself as mafia? Because I can't think of a good reason for anyone in this game to do so. You say I can't have it both ways: either you are supposedly distancing from me, or you are trying to link Despo and Turin. Well, I am only trying to have it one way here.

That one post you did. After that you pushed them together. Your refusal to admit I may be town is also another reason your case is misconstrued.

I would love to know just where you think I "pushed them together". I've spent some time digging through my previous posts to look for one you could be misinterpreting, either deliberately as scum or accidentally as town. The first bit I highlighted here I mention that your Despo vote looks like distancing, but I never even mentioned the town-Despo possibility. I don't know about you, but "pushing them together" would involve mentioning both of them. In the second bit, I focused on you distancing from scum-Despo, but if you look, I qualified my words and said it could be distancing and that it was possibly to make yourself look town. Also, it was the distancing theory under discussion at the time, so that's what I focused on.

If you are referring to something else, then by all means back it up with a quote. Otherwise, I'm gonna say this is just a wolf making random, depserate howls in the night.

Lulz Basel, I'm making random howls, your echoing random howls with your omgus case.

Your unwillingness (or is it inabliity?) to provide specifics as to how I am allegedly pushing things together is noted, Jack. If you really are town, then you'd have something to quote here. Not doing so just tells me that you are grasping at straws. Should we take this case before a King? I'd prefer the King in the North myself, but if you aren't town then you may prefer Joffrey.

Lulz Basel, I'm making random howls, your echoing random howls with your omgus case.

Your unwillingness (or is it inabliity?) to provide specifics as to how I am allegedly pushing things together is noted, Jack. If you really are town, then you'd have something to quote here. Not doing so just tells me that you are grasping at straws. Should we take this case before a King? I'd prefer the King in the North myself, but if you aren't town then you may prefer Joffrey.

I'm town

I'm also not dredging up posts from my cell phone. You've done enough with a baseless omgus case. Funny, you'd of never posted any of that if I wouldn't have voted you. Lulz. Also your unwillingness (or is it inability) to formulate a coherent case and one with substance. Makes me think that my case and accusations has you scrambling.

@EP, reason?

I would really love to see a basel Lynch today as I'm pretty sure there is no "King in the North" in this game, unvote vote jack

If my usage seems trying verify obscurities to everyone just ask concerned kings

I am confused, did you just say you wanted to see a Basel lynch today and then voted jack?

Archived