DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revenge of the Sith Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!!

Ithillian Turambar

My (admittedly not well honed) instincts are telling me this is the work of a town vig. Iirc a good few people were convinced that Sakaea was scum, so imo it seems like one of them has taken it into their own hands and simply got it wrong. Given that she was coming under some scrutiny, it doesn't seem like the mafia would kill her off, because they would know she's jedi and would not be bothered about her potentially being lynched. (Silly noob question alert. I'm assuming that the mafia know each other, this is correct right?)

Ok, Roo. Here is your last newbie ticket. You can use it at any time to remind us that you are a newb who is new and this is new to you because of how new you are. This means that you can only post once more in this game about how new you are or we will begin to suspect you are overexaggerating your newbiness to cover a guilty conscience. Just ask EP, he knows what I am talking about.

My take on recent events.

The death of BGrishinkydink - his activity was quite low compared to his normal play, and his death didn't really give us much to go on. I think it is safe to assume, including the nature of his death, that this was at the hands of the Sith. We are left with nothing but his corpse.

The Lenlo lynch and subsequent ending day early has me vexed. Would the mafia use such a power on Day 1 with one townie already down to save one of their own? Or would they use such a power so that we are to suspect that they were trying to protect Lenlo and expedite the lynch? Just who was truly being protected in that whole deal and why would they do it? I cannot see any possible scenario where a town player would use this power, unless he or she themselves felt threatened. Nolder and Ishy were the only two posts between the MOD's last updated lynch list and this sudden early end to Day 1. If the one responsible is town, they should come forward and explain their actions - otherwise, we should assume it was a mafia gambit of some kind.

Sakaea's death is a bit more telling. I think Roo's "OVER-newbness" woven with a very clear understanding of the possible motives of Sakaea's killer lead me to believe that Roo is responsible. Doesn't mean Mafia, Roo could be a Vig or a Bounty Hunter of some kind, which could suggest a third party.

Right now, based on how quickly their respective bandwagons built, I do not suspect Lenlo or Ishy as scum.....for now.

I didn't mean to exaggerate my newness, just asking what I thought was a throwaway question. You could have explained that much better than the rather condescending ticket analogy by the way. As for my understanding of the motives, I just followed what I saw to be logic. I don't see why that makes me suspicious

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My (admittedly not well honed) instincts are telling me this is the work of a town vig. Iirc a good few people were convinced that Sakaea was scum, so imo it seems like one of them has taken it into their own hands and simply got it wrong. Given that she was coming under some scrutiny, it doesn't seem like the mafia would kill her off, because they would know she's jedi and would not be bothered about her potentially being lynched. (Silly noob question alert. I'm assuming that the mafia know each other, this is correct right?)

Ok, Roo.  Here is your last newbie ticket.  You can use it at any time to remind us that you are a newb who is new and this is new to you because of how new you are.  This means that you can only post once more in this game about how new you are or we will begin to suspect you are overexaggerating your newbiness to cover a guilty conscience.  Just ask EP, he knows what I am talking about.

My take on recent events.  

The death of BGrishinkydink - his activity was quite low compared to his normal play, and his death didn't really give us much to go on.  I think it is safe to assume, including the nature of his death, that this was at the hands of the Sith.  We are left with nothing but his corpse.

The Lenlo lynch and subsequent ending day early has me vexed.  Would the mafia use such a power on Day 1 with one townie already down to save one of their own?  Or would they use such a power so that we are to suspect that they were trying to protect Lenlo and expedite the lynch?  Just who was truly being protected in that whole deal and why would they do it?  I cannot see any possible scenario where a town player would use this power, unless he or she themselves felt threatened.    Nolder and Ishy were the only two posts between the MOD's last updated lynch list and this sudden early end to Day 1.  If the one responsible is town, they should come forward and explain their actions - otherwise, we should assume it was a mafia gambit of some kind.

Sakaea's death is a bit more telling.   I think Roo's "OVER-newbness" woven with a very clear understanding of the possible motives of Sakaea's killer lead me to believe that Roo is responsible.  Doesn't mean Mafia, Roo could be a Vig or a Bounty Hunter of some kind, which could suggest a third party.

Right now, based on how quickly their respective bandwagons built, I do not suspect Lenlo or Ishy as scum.....for now.

I didn't mean to exaggerate my newness, just asking what I thought was a throwaway question. You could have explained that much better than the rather condescending ticket analogy by the way. As for my understanding of the motives, I just followed what I saw to be logic. I don't see why that makes me suspicious

Don't worry, he attacked me like that in my first game, too.

Just got back online after my computer killed itself. Lots happening, I'll post some stuff once I digest it all.

yea the moment I claimed newb card in Mistborn game Mynd was all over me Roo get's a warning and another free post? if this were day I'd be voteing Mynd

A mistake I shant repeat, in that you flipped town in that game I do recall. Still, I was not the only one who felt that way. You gotta admit, you had several newbie posts before it got to the point of annoyance.

Everything is suspicious in Mafia, Roo. Gotta have thick skin.

Yeah I know :laugh: my competitive nature gets the better of me sometimes though

I simply find it interesting that you continue to claim newbie yet you seem pretty aware of key aspects of the game. You act like you don't quite understand how the mafia works yet had a thorough grasp of the intentions of Sakaea's killer.

Your reaction now further indicates that you had a hand in that. I find it highly unlikely that one with such a competitive nature would suddenly get amnesia and ask "hey, how do the mafia communicate"? I look forward to playing with you again when you've had more experience, we need more active and competitive players in these games.

...however, you've given yourself away. You shall be lynched in the morning.

yea the moment I claimed newb card in Mistborn game Mynd was all over me Roo get's a warning and another free post? if this were day I'd be voteing Mynd

A mistake I shant repeat, in that you flipped town in that game I do recall. Still, I was not the only one who felt that way. You gotta admit, you had several newbie posts before it got to the point of annoyance.

Everything is suspicious in Mafia, Roo. Gotta have thick skin.

Yeah I know :laugh: my competitive nature gets the better of me sometimes though

I simply find it interesting that you continue to claim newbie yet you seem pretty aware of key aspects of the game. You act like you don't quite understand how the mafia works yet had a thorough grasp of the intentions of Sakaea's killer.

Your reaction now further indicates that you had a hand in that. I find it highly unlikely that one with such a competitive nature would suddenly get amnesia and ask "hey, how do the mafia communicate"? I look forward to playing with you again when you've had more experience, we need more active and competitive players in these games.

...however, you've given yourself away. You shall be lynched in the morning.

I had signed up for a game that was way over my head at the time, I had no knowledge or research time as I signed up at the last minute lol but I learned alot following the game+

Jealousy is a stepping stone on the path to the dark side. Be mindful of your feelings.

Roo, then you are no longer a newbie. Posting your MOD questions publicly are for the sole purpose to make us believe you have no idea how the mafia work. If you seriously had questions, you would have PM'd the mod. It doesn't fit logic or common sense that you would so deeply understand the possible methods for Sakaea's death yet are so in the dark about the basics of the game.

You are anti-town and your statement was an attempt to deflect suspicion off you when no one was accusing you of anything. Your own guilty conscience gave you away.

In the course of writing out my reasoning I realised I was assuming that the mafia knew each other, so I asked for quick clarification.

Why would I write out my conclusions like that without trying to pin the death on someone? Not a particularly effective method of deflecting attention I'm sure you'll agree. I don't think the conclusions I came to belie any particular insight, they seem fairly obvious to me.

Roo, you already lost this argument in Mynd's book, my asking questions in thread in mistborn game was what got me killed lol

Yeah I know I won't convince him, can't say I'm not answering his case with a straight bat though, at this point that's all I can do

Roo, you already lost this argument in Mynd's book, my asking questions in thread in mistborn game was what got me killed lol

Yeah I know I won't convince him, can't say I'm not answering his case with a straight bat though, at this point that's all I can do

Top Three bullshanks reasons for messing up in Mafia:

1) Haven't gotten enough coffee

2) Offline issues messing with me

3) Using my phone instead of a computer

I am not the only one who sees it this way Roo, just like EP can confirm, I was not the only one who saw it that way in that game either. You can't hide behind your newbiness. If we are to take you seriously in future games, you should stop the act and own up to having a lot more understanding about this game (and what happened to Sakaea) than you claim.

Archived