DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most Powerful Aes Sedai

Guest rezan

I have a Question, and dont agree with my friends...

In your top 10, who´s the most powerful Aes Sedai in Rand al Thor times.

Only in Saidar power, not talents, or quest, or any other achievement,

Example:

1.Nynaeve al'Meara

2.Cadsuane Melaidhrin

3. Egwene al 'Vere

Etc...

I'm too lazy to look this up offhand...I'm pretty sure there's an article on the 13th Depository about channeler strength.

But both Sharina, the old novice who organized the novice families, and Alivia, the ex-damane are both more powerful than Nynaeve. But then, you did say Aes Sedai, and neither of those two actually has the shawl.

Just read this file at the 13th Depository:

http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/02/saidar-strength-ranking.html

From this you can easily see that yes, of those with the Shawl, Nynaeve is strongest, although there are non-Aes Sedai channelers who are stronger. Among those who are not Forsaken (Lanfear, Graendal, etc.), the former Damane Alivia is strongest, followed by Sharina, the novice. Talaan the Windfinder apprentice is as strong as Nynaeve. Among all female channelers, Lanfear is/was strongest. As Cyndane she is "only" as strong as Alivia.

I find it somewhat amusing that Bode is as strong as Cadsuane. "You know who's as strong as you, Cadsuane? Bode. That's who. Bode!" I have no idea why I find this so funny.

Modern AS are pretty weak. Even Elayne, Egwene are only upper middle tier. And they're the second strongest rank the AS have outside of Nynaeve.

Not weak, just a lot of the training, methods, weaves/webs, etc. have been lost through the years.

Wasn't there also something about Nynaeve being equally good at all the elements, much like Rand? Which is why she can heal the unhealable things such as stilling and the taint, plus use Balefire on instinct without ever having learned it?

Nyneave is not strong in all elements. Rand can't heal at all.

Nynaeve is the strongest Aes Sedai. However, among the Light siders, Alivia is far stronger and Sharina will become stronger.

I would say that Alivia > Cyndane, instead of both tied at level 20 (Lanfear at 21). Possibly Lanfear and Alivia are equal in OP strength.

"Considerably stronger" than Nyaneve. Akin to saying much stronger or very much stronger.

Nynaeve: "She was fairly certain the other woman could OVERPOWER her EASILY, WHATEVER she did". Thus even wielding the OP, Alivia would be able to shield Nynaeve.

"MAYBE some of the Forsaken topped Alivia, but surely no one else".

Keep in mind that Moghdien told her that men are stronger and we know that male channelers have several levels above the female max (e.g. Rand and Ishamael, level 25). For Nynaeve to be awed at Alivia's strength like that means that she is insanely powerful.

Points: Nyaneve could not shield an OP wielding Elayne (CoS). In order to shield someone wielding the OP, you have to be VERY MUCH STRONGER in the Power.

Cyndane is weaker than Lanfear. Cyndane is stronger than Grandael. Grandael is no doubt stronger than Nynaeve/Semirhage.

Lanfear would therefore be described as being much stronger or very much stronger than Nyaneve...

WoT is about balance (Creator/Shai'tan, their champions, I suppose SH/Fain etc). Having a Light sider female as strong as Lanfear would go along with that.

We no longer need a light sider female as strong as Lanfear, since she's gone now. We have Alivia and possibly Sharina to match Cyndane, so I don't have any issue with Lanfear being the most powerful female channeler ever (that we know of, at least).

• 2 months later...

Entreri, not really sure why u think Grandel is stronger than Nynaeve? how did Grandel match with Moggie? Moggie=Nynaeve

Also when nynaeve says alivia is much stronger than her she may not mean that Alivia could shield her once she is holding, merely that the two of them are not close enough for nynaeve to win with finesse.

Moggy =/= Nynaeve. Nynaeve had NOT reached her full strength when she battled Moggy in TSR. She is much stronger than Moggy now. Tbh the only reason why Moggy is still amongst the Chosen is because she is very skilled in hiding and subtlety.

Yes, this is correct. Moggy is the weakest of the female Forsaken at Lvl. 16 on the Thirteenth Depository. She is one level above Egwene/Elayne/Avi and 2 levels below Nynaeve

Entreri, not really sure why u think Grandel is stronger than Nynaeve? how did Grandel match with Moggie? Moggie=Nynaeve

Also when nynaeve says alivia is much stronger than her she may not mean that Alivia could shield her once she is holding, merely that the two of them are not close enough for nynaeve to win with finesse.

1. Graendal is stronger. She actually owns in OP strength. She is Lvl. 19 while Nynaeve is at 18. Nynaeve is equal to Semirhage, stronger than Moggy and Mesaana.

2. You are most likely correct. Alivia with the angreal was stronger than Lanfear was, without it, she is on the same level as Cyndane. One step below Lanfear was.

Interesting thing about Lanfear is pointed out in the 13D, she may be more powerful than she was seen to be, but that is for another topic.

nightstrike is right, but then Egwene was forced by seachan and is now a bit higher than elayne

Forcing does not make you stronger, it makes you gain strength faster. Now both of them should be at their full strength (or very close to it), which means Egwenes advantage from being forced is pretty much gone.

Moggy =/= Nynaeve. Nynaeve had NOT reached her full strength when she battled Moggy in TSR. She is much stronger than Moggy now. Tbh the only reason why Moggy is still amongst the Chosen is because she is very skilled in hiding and subtlety.

Yes, this is correct. Moggy is the weakest of the female Forsaken at Lvl. 16 on the Thirteenth Depository. She is one level above Egwene/Elayne/Avi and 2 levels below Nynaeve

1. Graendal is stronger. She actually owns in OP strength. She is Lvl. 19 while Nynaeve is at 18. Nynaeve is equal to Semirhage, stronger than Moggy and Mesaana.

2. You are most likely correct. Alivia with the angreal was stronger than Lanfear was, without it, she is on the same level as Cyndane. One step below Lanfear was.

Interesting thing about Lanfear is pointed out in the 13D, she may be more powerful than she was seen to be, but that is for another topic.

Of course, several placings on that list are highly speculative, and the Chosen are the most speculative of all. For example, there is nothing to suggest that Moghedien is the weakest Chosen.

Indeed, I just assumed that people would know it as speculation, but it does seem like I am stating it as fact. My bad.

Of course, while highly speculative as you said, it is probably the most accurate we will get unless we get something similar in the Encyclopaedia or more information in the books, but yeah, note to people : do not take as fact.

I would still say that it was fairly accurate at least in regards to main characters go, Forsaken are a bit harder Graendal for example, has her golden ring angreal (how long now? since the cache Sammael found?) So a lot of references to her could possibly be inaccurate, although I did always see her as pretty strong. Semirhage could be on a similar level, but definitely stronger than Mesaana and Moggy. How those two compare I don't really know. Point being, I still think in regards to Graendal v Moggy, it is fairly accurate to say Graendal is the stronger.

Forcing does not make you stronger, it makes you gain strength faster. Now both of them should be at their full strength (or very close to it), which means Egwenes advantage from being forced is pretty much gone.

Good point. Why do you reckon Elayne's reached her potential, though? In NStN, Moiraine estimates that it would take her years to reach it, and that's after 6 years in the Tower. Now, Elayne was also forced, so it's normal for her to gain strength faster, but what's to say she's gotten all the way already?

Archived