DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most Powerful Aes Sedai

Guest rezan

Forcing does not make you stronger, it makes you gain strength faster. Now both of them should be at their full strength (or very close to it), which means Egwenes advantage from being forced is pretty much gone.

Good point. Why do you reckon Elayne's reached her potential, though? In NStN, Moiraine estimates that it would take her years to reach it, and that's after 6 years in the Tower. Now, Elayne was also forced, so it's normal for her to gain strength faster, but what's to say she's gotten all the way already?

Also with the whole deal with her pregnancy could affect growth. We know at least it affects her ability to channel (embrace the source, in any case) I never got the impression she had reached her potential yet, at least in the sense that Egwene has been pushed hard in terms of channeling, but has Elayne really done that much to progress? I am not saying she hasn't, obviously she has had her share of ordeals, what with Ebou Dar and the Kin etc... but I never remember her doing much strenuous channeling, the most is perhaps the Bowl of Winds. For the rest, she really just gets captured and someone saves her. Mat with the Gholam, Birgitte with the Black Ajah etc..

• 4 years later...

Archived