DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Princess Bride Mafia - Game Over!

Leelou

I was about to say Nyn don't leave, but I shall amend that to Yay, you're staying! :happy:

I haven't posted all weekend, but I did keep up with what was going on. FOS at Rhea for unvoting Des and pointing out that her vote was a joke vote. Why did you find it necessary to point that out?

I said before the weekend that the case on Des seemed strange to me, and it still kinda does. But because of Rhea pointing out that hers was a joke, mabe we are onto something. At least it struck me oddly when I read that. So I'm going to Unvote Ape, Vote Des for now.

I felt the need to point that out because I didn't want to be accused of starting the train that was forming. As I said later...Des always looks scummy but I'm not going to vote for him on day one because he has some good information.

Your reasoning for voting Des is pretty week in my opinion. I am all for consolodating votes and since my vote on verbal isn't going anywhere...

Unvote. Vote Sloimind

Hmmm... this weally pings with me.

Why would anyone on D1, that early, care so much about being accused of starting a train? I start trains all the time as town, I call it kicking the tires. Starting a train is not scummy.

Also think you putting a vote on Verbal is a waste, he's not getting lynched on D1. I feel like you were camping out a bit there, and now you are jumping on one of the 2 larger trains "for consolidation" and yet you say someone else's reason for a vote is weak.

Pings all over this post. I'll keep my vote where its at for now, I could go with Rhea or Song too.

Agreed. Except with the whole voting me thing. *rolls eyes*

I believe what the Ape is getting at Rhea is that your vote was very hypocritical. To call one persons reason to consolidate their vote weak, and then you choose to consolidate your vote on someone with no reasoning. AT least that's how I took it. You also could've started another train if you wanted to, we still have a day and 8ish hours to go.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What part of "especially considering Turin already had one [vote]" don't you understand?

that's exactly how I read it...he voted Sol because he was the second on Turin, to me considering we know that sol was means exactly that and then BG stating the same reason, made it look like he was going for Sol for the 2nd vote.

As for mentioned Ape on Turin, I noted it, was a bit of a joke considering it was still in the joke voting time. Putting the seed out there, well it would have been interesting to see if anyone picked it up and ran with it that early on in the day! But no one did...

To me that looks more like Locke saying that the vote is especially weird because Turin already had a vote on him, but it could have been one or more and it still would have been weird. For instance, if Turin already had a train on him, but then Solimind popped up to make that vote, it would still have looked scummy, regardless of if it were the 2nd or 5th or 6th vote

Exactly...he already had a vote so his was the second. We KNOW he didn't have any more, so that makes the second point mute! He said it was odd vote CONSIDERING he already had one (vote) on him...hence that was his reason. So it was because it was the second vote...he didn't say because he had other votes on him, but ONE smile.gif

As for It being obviously the PR came from the Mod...isn't obvious at all...except she would have passed it on, from the person who gave it too him! BG wouldn't have sent it himself! Someone said that it was a side effect to something else after that, but I'm not sure where they got that from!

I'm glad you are staying Nyn you are an awesome Mafia player!

For the moment I'll keep my vote where it is. But now that a lot of talk has been going on, I think that either one would be a good bet for some information later on!

I talk to much. Ask Verbal.

Yes, and methinks it will only get worse once I sort out access issues for a replacement. Apologies in advance for what is to be unleashed on this game.

Awe you bwinging in CTM as a weplacement?

I told Nyn to stay and play. She should. She's already put a lot of work in...

That is not what was said. Please read carefully....

I was about to say Nyn don't leave, but I shall amend that to Yay, you're staying! :happy:

I haven't posted all weekend, but I did keep up with what was going on. FOS at Rhea for unvoting Des and pointing out that her vote was a joke vote. Why did you find it necessary to point that out?

I said before the weekend that the case on Des seemed strange to me, and it still kinda does. But because of Rhea pointing out that hers was a joke, mabe we are onto something. At least it struck me oddly when I read that. So I'm going to Unvote Ape, Vote Des for now.

See the blue text?

Also, while Im at it...if the case on Des seemed strange and still does, why vote Des? THAT was what I was getting at being weak.

Yes, and methinks it will only get worse once I sort out access issues for a replacement. Apologies in advance for what is to be unleashed on this game.

I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

But Leelou needs a replacement, and I'm working on it.

Rawr, I'm here againish!!!

First things first, I'm really glad you're staying in the game, Nyn. You do good work here, and you always have something worthwhile to contribute. *huggles*

Now that that's out of the way....

My thoughts at this time:

Honestly, I can kinda see what people are saying about Solimind, but I'm just not feeling it. It seems blown out of proportion to me. In particular, I'm looking at the people who seem to be taking advantage of a Solimind competing train.... Mostly Rhea and Turin.

Turin, I'm especially wary of because it took him so long to actually vote Solimind, and I think the reasons given are pretty rubbish, anyway....

1) He says the tone of the vote didn't fit in with the joking phase, which first of all I happened to disagree with and second of all I don't think has any bearing on someone's alignment. Even if Solimind was absolutely, 100% serious when voting for Turin, what is wrong with that? Someone has to get the game moving, or say something that will help it do so, and there's no law that says we have to joke vote for X amount of time or else we're scum.

2) He says that kind of a vote is "ruthless" which he considers a mafia trait. I just don't see a mafia revealing his hand that early, ya know? "Hi, guys, I'm a bloodthirsty killer, but don't lynch me, because...just don't." Doesn't make any sense. Everyone does things differently, so this isn't set in stone or anything, but in general, I feel like mafia try to blend in/avoid notice as much as possible. Being openly ruthless just doesn't seem like a smart move in that scenario.

3) He says that Solimind has been mostly non-existent since the vote and seems to be saying "this is my story and I'm sticking to it" which adds to his scumminess. To the "non-existent" part--there could be many reasons for that. I don't know, personally, so Turin could be totally right about this. But aside from the possibility of not really being around to post much, there is also the possibility that this vote on Turin, and subsequent "defense" of said vote (which sounds even more like a joke to me after reading his reasoning), was all about getting reactions. Or, maybe not planned as such, but honestly, I don't blame Solimind for keeping his vote on Turin, not after all the hullabaloo that it caused. Ever consider the possibility that now he honestly thinks he's onto something?

4) The final reason for Turin's vote is pretty much the only one I really think has merit: information. Enough controversy over Solimind's vote has sprung up that it would definitely be informative to see what the deal is with Solimind.

ANYway, while I think Despo has brought up a few good points about various players (chiefly Talya, in my mind), I feel like he's also been taking advantage of the Solimind thing. There's just not that much there, but he (and a few others) keep painting the whole thing as scumtastic. I feel like he's trying for an easy lynch.

Unvote

Vote Despo

I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

But Leelou needs a replacement, and I'm working on it.

Well, can you tell Nyn to stay? I don't weally don't want people quitting because I cwacked a joke.

Realized I hadn't responded to other's accusations about my agreeing with Locke's post. Just so there's no confusion, the basis of my vote earlier was more how Desp explained it. I wasn't voting cause it was the second vote, but because the "not if you are dead first" part of the post. Seemed a bit antogonistic. If it had been a joke fine, still worth putting pressure on, but then Solimind kept the vote on Turin later so it seemed like a good fit. As much as I'm suspicious of Des for my own reasons, I can't really justify voting him for defending me. Maybe something else will show up that gets me suspicious besides that, we will see.

I'm gonna go ahead and vote Des

Not strictly out of consolidation purposes. I don't really buy his whole 'too early' reasoning. Oh it's too early for Wombat to be pretty sure he's scum. Oh it's too early to be quoting people. Oh it's day 1... lets just get down and party lol

I also find it interesting that he felt that I got tired of being over John's case and switched to him. Mostly because I wasn't really on his case... just replying to some of his points. So yeah, not as much backing as I'd like but we have a deadline now and he's the one that pings me the most at the moment.

There, you can add another post to my post count, Des. :P

Nyn

Because I've been accused of this on day one before. And yeah i was camping out to see where the day one voted were going. As I am not voting for Des, then I must consolidate with the Solimind vote. What you rather I do? Start a train on someone else?

It depends on the context, if there is 1 houw until the deadline - its scummy to start a new twain. If its the fiwst couple houws of a new game, not so much.

Vote Count

Des (9): Wombat, Song, Tina, Tayla, Ape, Kae, Verbal, Meesh, Nyn

Solimind (5): Des, Locke, BG, Turin, Rhea

Turin (2): Solimind, Paet

Song (1): Heart

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Ithi, CTM, Player

Realized I hadn't responded to other's accusations about my agreeing with Locke's post. Just so there's no confusion, the basis of my vote earlier was more how Desp explained it. I wasn't voting cause it was the second vote, but because the "not if you are dead first" part of the post. Seemed a bit antogonistic. If it had been a joke fine, still worth putting pressure on, but then Solimind kept the vote on Turin later so it seemed like a good fit. As much as I'm suspicious of Des for my own reasons, I can't really justify voting him for defending me. Maybe something else will show up that gets me suspicious besides that, we will see.

Then why did you agree with Locke on him saying he voted for Solimind because him putting a vote on Turin when he already had one...now you are saying that wasn't your reason for voting, but something else? I see backtracking here!

Grrr this really sucks to have to do this so early, but I see this random unfounded case on me is building up quick so my hand is kinda forced so I HAVE to reveal, I'm a Mason. I'd rather not expose my partner if I don't need to, but a shrewd player would be able to see post patterns that would support this. Back off my train, a lynch on me will show little because of how quickly the bandwagon started on me. It almost seemed to feel like this emotion shifted in the game because Nyn I guess took stuff that I was saying personal (which was not the intent btw, good to hear that you're staying :smile:) and it starts to get easy to paint me as the bad guy. Plus, my role can be extremely useful to town.

And honestly, I'll admit it myself that the original case on Solimind wasn't particularly strong, but considering the overall reaction to it you have to see that it might be significant. A few people came out to defend him in their own way, then used an avalanche of votes to try and get a speed lynch secured on me. A coroner's report on Solimind will tell the town much already after a semi-productive day 1

Archived