DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Princess Bride Mafia - Game Over!

Leelou

A few thoughts...

Nyn, I think taking a deep breath might help. After all, this is a game where the intent is to take every little thing someone says or does and try to find the scummy dirt lying behind it. Valid playstyles are all kinds of playstyles. Some people like WoTs, some people like short useless posts to keep active while just watching, even trying to push someone's buttons cause you know they don't like a certain playstyle can be part of the game, and calling someone's playstyle scummy is all part of the game. If you want out because of it... well, so be it. But you're a fun player to have around, so I ask you to reconsider.

Another thing, Desp has a habit of buddying up to me when I'm town and he is mafia, so FoS him for that.

Also...

We are moving away from joke votes. Can someone tell Paetric? :tongue:

MCS has some suspicions but mostly asks question. Can you answer some as well? Who do you suspect?

Currently, i have a few people that are pinging me. First we have Wombat. He is playing the way he usually seems to when he's scum in my experience. The most recent example would be Meesh's Village mafia. Secondly I'm suspicious of John. He is being quite inconsistent in his ideology when posting, which is why I'm guessing Nyn voted for him. I'm not one to vote off of my gut on day one though, so I'll just be observing until I figure out something more concrete.

I've known Wombat to play the way he's playing here when scum, when town power and when playing D1 and not caring to be part of the blather. To me, he's a null read right now... but I'm leaning town after the post he made after this. I see the same things he's pointing out, for the most part.

As for me... I'd like you to back up this "inconsistent ideology" accusation. From what I could tell, Nyn voted for me because she didn't agree with what I feel are classic scumtells that most veteran players would agree with me about... NOT because of conflicting ideology. As I said before, you come across as someone trying to fan the flames here.

If you've got so much to say about me... vote me. I want you to vote me early, not beat around the bush until you convince enough people to vote me and THEN you join my train.

GRAAH. So do you actually have a PR or not?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't believe anything BG says. He bit my head off whilst I was on the toilet - and also paved the way for me to have the best fake claim ever.

Also don't believe anything Despo says either. He is ALWAYS mafia and can't be trusted.

Booooo Turin for not saying Boooooo to me for AGES.

Well then since it's so strenuous to read posts with interpretations that might lead to some discussion then go ahead and bitch about them.

It would seem to be a lot easier to just make short useless dumbass posts that make people think they're clever (but achieve anything but). So I believe I will not bother anymore with this particular game.

Already asked to be replaced. Enjoy.

Nyn

Welax, don't quit the game. Sheesh.

You chose to crater on dissecting my personality. I'm just playing along. In my opinion, being shy and bashful, humble, arrogant, abrasive, clueless, myopic, confused, etc. its all part of mafia... different styles for different circumstances, all eliciting different reactions. The key is to endure.

Also, learn to take a joke.

Nyn is definitely Mafia. John McApe doesn't have a personality, so to constantly reference it is leading and totally mafioso.

I'll take that as a rebuttal for all these WoT's, nice summarising :P

You take it wrong. It was clearly a rebuttal of the thought that John might have a personality other than just being a total Ape.

I thought it was weally funny.

Mafia is all about busting each others chops and playing a bit of guess who in the process. :D

I personally think that WoT are very useful and if nothing else, give people something to read, digest and use to gather evidence. Nyn is quite right that flippant remarks are no where near as useful as any spam I may post.

It's a shame she is leaving the game, because from what little I have read - she has been actively casing and playing this game, whereas I have only glanced at it today due to other stuff that has been taking up my time. My remark was purely a dig at John - because I thought it would make him laugh, and to interpret it as anything else is completely wrong.

I agwee the WoT post awe good. I was just fwakking teasing, holy emo Batman.

A lot of the long posts are good in that players are taking a stance on things, either manufacturing BS cases OR actually weighing it with legit perspective... either way, they are ON RECORD... which is good. Its the lurkers I be wary of...

A few thoughts...

Nyn, I think taking a deep breath might help. After all, this is a game where the intent is to take every little thing someone says or does and try to find the scummy dirt lying behind it. Valid playstyles are all kinds of playstyles. Some people like WoTs, some people like short useless posts to keep active while just watching, even trying to push someone's buttons cause you know they don't like a certain playstyle can be part of the game, and calling someone's playstyle scummy is all part of the game. If you want out because of it... well, so be it. But you're a fun player to have around, so I ask you to reconsider.

Another thing, Desp has a habit of buddying up to me when I'm town and he is mafia, so FoS him for that.

Also...

We are moving away from joke votes. Can someone tell Paetric? :tongue:

MCS has some suspicions but mostly asks question. Can you answer some as well? Who do you suspect?

Currently, i have a few people that are pinging me. First we have Wombat. He is playing the way he usually seems to when he's scum in my experience. The most recent example would be Meesh's Village mafia. Secondly I'm suspicious of John. He is being quite inconsistent in his ideology when posting, which is why I'm guessing Nyn voted for him. I'm not one to vote off of my gut on day one though, so I'll just be observing until I figure out something more concrete.

I've known Wombat to play the way he's playing here when scum, when town power and when playing D1 and not caring to be part of the blather. To me, he's a null read right now... but I'm leaning town after the post he made after this. I see the same things he's pointing out, for the most part.

As for me... I'd like you to back up this "inconsistent ideology" accusation. From what I could tell, Nyn voted for me because she didn't agree with what I feel are classic scumtells that most veteran players would agree with me about... NOT because of conflicting ideology. As I said before, you come across as someone trying to fan the flames here.

If you've got so much to say about me... vote me. I want you to vote me early, not beat around the bush until you convince enough people to vote me and THEN you join my train.

GRAAH. So do you actually have a PR or not?

Evewything in wed, totally agwee.

Don't leave the game. Just don't take ANYTHING personal. Heck, I haven't even been mean. I made a wisecrack... but the WoT's are what have me leaning town on you, fwiw.

Also, @ BG - I have a PR, I am just an impulsive boob and forget to do it when I'm in a flurry of posts... I'm probaly the worst person a PR could be given to. I talk to much. Ask Verbal.

Alwight, this D1 is dwagging...

I think vote consolidation might be in order. Unvote, Vote Despo

Lynch him because he's been a bit smarmy, and we've got hoards of posts where people are reacting to him and casing him. Maybe we'll get lucky and lynch scum... at worst, it should provide some good context for D2 cases.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solomind for not having a T in his handle...

Ok. This is the beginning of much of the second vote hubbub.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solimind for...I don't know I'll think of something.

Not if you are dead first. Vote Turin

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOLIMIND! Thanks, that is what I needed to Boo you for. That is a scumtastic vote.

I did not think it was scummy primarily for it being a second vote. It was more the tone of the vote at a time when it was purely joke voting time. To make this kind of a statement in his very first post of the game is ruthless which I consider a mafia trait. The fact that he has been mostly non-existent since then adds to the scummyness as he seems to be saying "this is my story and I am sticking to it". The fact that others agreed that it stood out has caused some to defend him(Nyn and Wombat) and others to vote him. I think that he has become the best lynch candidate for information on day 1. I think we can find out a few things about the people on both sides of the argument once we get his coroner's report.

VOTE SOLIMIND

BG, when were you ever NOT mafia? :wacko: and it is easy to forget the PR when thinking about the game.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ithi cause she went ahead and made BG a siggy to commemorate his biting her head off whilst on the toilet and also cause she asked for it. :smile:

BG, when were you ever NOT mafia? :wacko: and it is easy to forget the PR when thinking about the game.

Hmm... let me check...

Wombat's WoT, Blackhoof's Halo, Kat's Carebears, Nolder's Girls Locker Room, Rey's Macbeth, Kae's Star Wars, Quibby's mafia, Ape's Outbreak, amegakure's Naruto, Meesh's Village (x2), and I was a recently killed Doc over in Lily's Madness. So 11. 11 times. :) Mafia 5 times, 3rd party... twice.

Ok... so I keep track of such things. So what? I'm not weird like that. Stop staring at me. :biggrin:

Don't leave the game. Just don't take ANYTHING personal. Heck, I haven't even been mean. I made a wisecrack... but the WoT's are what have me leaning town on you, fwiw.

No, unless you play at JN you will never see who the real ape is :oP

So I think we should start to consolidate votes, get as much info from day 1 we can, and then Day 2 start going after inactives, to hopefully kick people into playing. *shrugs* I understand when people are flying under the radar as some sort of strategy, but when people don't make any substantial posts, it hurts the game.

I've given it some more thought and talked to Leelou about it. I guess I'll stick around for the time being.

And since the reasons behind my vote seem less substantial now. Unvote.

Nyn

Good to hear that you are staying!

Vote Count

Des (5): Wombat, Song, Tina, Tayla, Ape

Solimind (3): Des, Locke, BG

Turin (2): Solimind, Paet

Song (1): Heart

Ape (1): Kae

Wombat (1): Turin

Locke (1): Meesh

Verbal (1): Rhea

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Ithi, Matt, Player, Verbal, Nyn

Turin - you must unvote.

FYI: Matt has asked to be replaced, I have a replacement in the works - I will announce it when they join.

I was about to say Nyn don't leave, but I shall amend that to Yay, you're staying! :happy:

I haven't posted all weekend, but I did keep up with what was going on. FOS at Rhea for unvoting Des and pointing out that her vote was a joke vote. Why did you find it necessary to point that out?

I said before the weekend that the case on Des seemed strange to me, and it still kinda does. But because of Rhea pointing out that hers was a joke, mabe we are onto something. At least it struck me oddly when I read that. So I'm going to Unvote Ape, Vote Des for now.

I was about to say Nyn don't leave, but I shall amend that to Yay, you're staying! :happy:

I haven't posted all weekend, but I did keep up with what was going on. FOS at Rhea for unvoting Des and pointing out that her vote was a joke vote. Why did you find it necessary to point that out?

I said before the weekend that the case on Des seemed strange to me, and it still kinda does. But because of Rhea pointing out that hers was a joke, mabe we are onto something. At least it struck me oddly when I read that. So I'm going to Unvote Ape, Vote Des for now.

I weally agwee with this obsewvation. Whea's unvote was one of those moves that I'd like to have mowe context for...

I felt the need to point that out because I didn't want to be accused of starting the train that was forming. As I said later...Des always looks scummy but I'm not going to vote for him on day one because he has some good information.

Your reasoning for voting Des is pretty week in my opinion. I am all for consolodating votes and since my vote on verbal isn't going anywhere...

Unvote. Vote Sloimind

Vote Count

Des (6): Wombat, Song, Tina, Tayla, Ape, Kae

Solimind (5): Des, Locke, BG, Turin, Rhea

Turin (2): Solimind, Paet

Song (1): Heart

Locke (1): Meesh

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Ithi, Matt, Player, Verbal, Nyn

I felt the need to point that out because I didn't want to be accused of starting the train that was forming. As I said later...Des always looks scummy but I'm not going to vote for him on day one because he has some good information.

Your reasoning for voting Des is pretty week in my opinion. I am all for consolodating votes and since my vote on verbal isn't going anywhere...

Unvote. Vote Sloimind

Hmmm... this weally pings with me.

Why would anyone on D1, that early, care so much about being accused of starting a train? I start trains all the time as town, I call it kicking the tires. Starting a train is not scummy.

Also think you putting a vote on Verbal is a waste, he's not getting lynched on D1. I feel like you were camping out a bit there, and now you are jumping on one of the 2 larger trains "for consolidation" and yet you say someone else's reason for a vote is weak.

Pings all over this post. I'll keep my vote where its at for now, I could go with Rhea or Song too.

Unvote. Vote Sloimind

Why would anyone on D1, that early, care so much about being accused of starting a train? I start trains all the time as town, I call it kicking the tires. Starting a train is not scummy.

Also think you putting a vote on Verbal is a waste, he's not getting lynched on D1. I feel like you were camping out a bit there, and now you are jumping on one of the 2 larger trains "for consolidation" and yet you say someone else's reason for a vote is weak.

Pings all over this post. I'll keep my vote where its at for now, I could go with Rhea or Song too.

Because I've been accused of this on day one before. And yeah i was camping out to see where the day one voted were going. As I am not voting for Des, then I must consolidate with the Solimind vote. What you rather I do? Start a train on someone else?

I talk to much. Ask Verbal.

Yes, and methinks it will only get worse once I sort out access issues for a replacement. Apologies in advance for what is to be unleashed on this game.

Unvote. Vote Sloimind

I actually agree with this, and I'm ok for consolidation. I've been playing the "sitting back" game, and I'm not helping the situation by doing that. At this point, we need a lynch, and I think there is plenty of information in this D1 thus far for us to use going forward.

Vote: Des

Archived