A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Princess Bride Mafia - Game Over!

Leelou

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Everybody MOVE!!!"

... WoT incoming :biggrin:

While we're talking about setup I don't think the Grandfather or Fred Savage found their way into the game, even though having Columbo around would be very useful...

Hahahah! Colombo! OMG Des...how old are you?

26, bt I have an old soul :wink:

Vote: Des

Pretty sure he is scum.

Someone already asked you about this Wombat and you apparently declined to go further into detail so I'll ask as well: Eh? State your case already.

I have finally seen the film. I´m still crying. I do feel the pain that Buttercup must have felt when her Wesley didn´t rescued her from her wedding. He didn´t rescue me from mine either. *blows the nose with Song´s dress*

Now I think Turin has some explaining to do. He left locaine in my glass and now tells me he did it to help me build an immunity to it. That is so nice. And who does something nice to another in a mafia game? Mafia - that is who! I will keep my eyes on you this game, mister. Could you please come to my kitchen and do what you usually do there so it will be easier for me to keep my eyes on you. Thank you!

Song - I admit. I love you too. If life was fair you would be dead by now anyway. :tongue: Anyway, I do agree with you. The scummiest player this far is Des. So I´m going to vote Des and start a real bandwagon.

And Verbal - I see you are sucking up to our mod goddess. That is so low. I would never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

Complete bandwagon vote mixed in with a bunch of other fluff and stuff bout the movie. FOS @ Tina

@Aiel...

Setup talk is almost always scummy this eawly. It doesn't sewve the good of the town to begin making speculative assumptions about the game setup until aftew you've seen enough cowonew weports and scenes to begin making infowmed assumptions. At this stage? Blech... it allows scum to simply convolute the town's momentum with conjectuwe, which usually wesults in townies falling in love with the way they think the setup should be and it will undoubtedly cloud their judgment latew in the game, when the wight answew is pwobably stawing them in the face.

"Knowing who the bad guys awe" won't mattew. We can't charactew weveal.

PS - This post westwiction sucks. I will NOT be as spammy as some of you know me to be, simply because of it. Sowwy.

Ape makes some good points here, we prob should hold off of gaming the mod for now and focus on scumhunting

Well I've caught up on everything in the game thus far. However I have yet to see anything that implicates someone enough for me to put my vote on them. I do have my suspicions though.

I hate play like this. If nothing else, use youw vote as an infowmative tool... put it somewhewe to gauge weactions. Telling evewyone that you awe paying attention and not willing to take a stance on anything is evasive, and immediately makes me pewk up.

Same goes to you Vewbal. Just vote Song if that is youw wead, I want to see some weactions. Holy mackewal evewyone acts like evewy vote is a scum tell. Scum is found in the maneuvering between the votes, not the votes themselves.

I also agree with Ape here as well, Mcs's post was pretty scumtastic. Fence-sitting while trying to make an excuse for why you might be fence-sitting = scummy. FOS @ Mcs

Biggest town read: AH

Biggest scum read: Song

Could you explain your reasoning behind this Verb?

Sure, once you state what your suspicions are. ;-)

While I agree Mcs should state his feelings on the game so far and hopefully throw his vote in the mix as well, I think it's scummy for you to try to use this excuse to hold your own reasoning hostage. Kinda dangerous to be getting a "big town read" from anyone at this point in the game, and if you find Song to be scummy why wouldn't you vote her?

Also someone (I think it was Song) tried painting me as scummy for voting Solimind (sorry for mispelling it at first :smile:) because of his vote, claiming that his was a joke vote. I'd like other's thoughts on this because Solimind's vote didn't seem like a joke vote at all, which is why I felt it was scummy. Song, defending Solimind much? Also I took my vote off of Ape because it started to look like the PR thing was legit, when at first it seemed like he was messing about and I felt it was odd that he would unvote so quickly. Then I realized he mainly voted Turin to help make his PR more visible so it was out in the open quicker. Smart move at that, doesn't mean I won't be watching him and anyone else in this game for scumtells tho.

I'm still happy with my vote on Solimind since he hasn't really explained his vote at all, but I'd also be completely fine with moving my vote to Song.

Aaaahhhh... much bettew, weally.

I know I'll be called out on it eventually, so I'm explaining it now. I just talked my PR down to using it only in the first sentence of each post. It was too much to do in the entire post, and I had missed a couple "r's" and was in fear of penalty for violating it. Anyway, it should be much less irritating now.

I pwomise. Heh. ;)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Song for making a mountain out of a molehill. you gotta stay hydrated or your brain will get addled. :myrddraal:

Oh Glorious Goddess M'Hael Tina how could you doubt my towniness. What is a little odorless, tasteless undetectable poison amongst friends? *pickups up dish scrubber* reporting for duty!

Isn't that what D1 is about? Making stuff out of nothing to find something. EVeryone knows that. The Ape does it constantly. So funny he is getting all butt hurt by my poke.

Okay John. But why do you thing it IS one of those kind of posts.

Because Song knows me from a site whewe we spend the fiwst 30 pages of day one making joke votes. I cleawly have a post westwiction, and I made light of it by voting the guy with a "w" as in "wattlesnake" in his name.

She's using my weputation for tenaciously awguing evewything to insinuate I'm scummy for backing off a joke vote. Thewe was no content in the game. Of couwse the vote wasn't sewious.

Hew post votes one pewson, and slights anothew (me). No guawantee its scum agenda, but I don't like it.

Well of course I am going to point out all the suspicious posts so far. I don't normally just attack one person day 1, unless I'm scum or pretty darn sure of something. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Also nowhere did I defend solmind, other than pointing out the obvious that it was a complete joke vote and his first one at that. I was only pointing out the obvious, but if that's scummy then so be it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Song for making a mountain out of a molehill. you gotta stay hydrated or your brain will get addled. :myrddraal:

Oh Glorious Goddess M'Hael Tina how could you doubt my towniness. What is a little odorless, tasteless undetectable poison amongst friends? *pickups up dish scrubber* reporting for duty!

Isn't that what D1 is about? Making stuff out of nothing to find something. EVeryone knows that. The Ape does it constantly. So funny he is getting all butt hurt by my poke.

Okay John. But why do you thing it IS one of those kind of posts.

Because Song knows me from a site whewe we spend the fiwst 30 pages of day one making joke votes. I cleawly have a post westwiction, and I made light of it by voting the guy with a "w" as in "wattlesnake" in his name.

She's using my weputation for tenaciously awguing evewything to insinuate I'm scummy for backing off a joke vote. Thewe was no content in the game. Of couwse the vote wasn't sewious.

Hew post votes one pewson, and slights anothew (me). No guawantee its scum agenda, but I don't like it.

Well of course I am going to point out all the suspicious posts so far. I don't normally just attack one person day 1, unless I'm scum or pretty darn sure of something. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Also nowhere did I defend solmind, other than pointing out the obvious that it was a complete joke vote and his first one at that. I was only pointing out the obvious, but if that's scummy then so be it.

Oh weally? You think I'm butthuwwt?

Not quite toots... making something from nothing is something scum does, especially this early. I also challenge the assertion that you were pointing out "suspicious posts" since they were clearly jokes and your post was the one that pretty much kicked off people doing things in the game with reason, or agenda.

I never accused you of defending solomind either. Not sure what that part is even about...

What happened to your W's Ape?

weally dude? wead the thwead, i just explained it fow evewyone...

Just a couple posts up above. Leelou said I could do it for my opening sentences only now. So I would pout, and wouldn't freak out each time I missed an "r" in my longer posts.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Talya and Nyn for only making their check in posts and then leaving us. (I have to Boo someone and not everyone realized that the BOOs are mostly not game related. maybe I need to make it more obvious) Their re-reads will be their punishment. :myrddraal:

BG skimming is scummy, even in the BT where spam is king.

I voted for Turin because he put so much effort into his list but didn't have a reason to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO me. I'm all about providing the justification. That said, I'm observing the state of things and could be swayed to change my vote if one of you mafias makes a mistake. I'm watching you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solimind for keeping his vote on me. I actually didn't put that much effort into the list. I just got going and it was fairly easy since I know most everyone here at least a little. I drew a blank on you. I can actually respect the thought process but the threat was harsh.

btw I am going to Boo you for random reasons until your vote goes away.

Sorry I haven't posted more, was working and had date night with the hubby. Just got home. I have to work this weekend too.

Unvote. My vote on Des was a joke vote.

Biggest town read: AH

Biggest scum read: Song

this ^^

Vote Verbal. Scummy vibes with that whole town read/scum read post. I've seen that before, but not on day one. It was a scumtell then though and this just feels wrong to me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Talya and Nyn for only making their check in posts and then leaving us. (I have to Boo someone and not everyone realized that the BOOs are mostly not game related. maybe I need to make it more obvious) Their re-reads will be their punishment. :myrddraal:

BG skimming is scummy, even in the BT where spam is king.

You know, I've heard this skimming is scummy thing a lot, but I've never seen any proof of it. In fact, from my experience mafia usually has a much better handle on a game over town and skims much less... all in all I don't think it is scummy. I think it is a result of limited time or laziness. I DO think it is hurtful though, so I apologize.

You know, I've heard this skimming is scummy thing a lot, but I've never seen any proof of it. In fact, from my experience mafia usually has a much better handle on a game over town and skims much less... all in all I don't think it is scummy. I think it is a result of limited time or laziness. I DO think it is hurtful though, so I apologize.

Wecently, I've come to agwee with this obsewwwvation.

I do find that SK's and 3rd party type roles are prone to skimming, but scum is usually guilty of it. Least not hte scum I've play alongside. Good scum players watch the details and look for opens to spin, twist and nudge whatever they can to manipulate the town.

Vote Count:

Des (3): Wombat, Song, Tina

Solimind (3): Des, Locke, BG

Meesh (2): Talya, Nyn

Song (2): Ape, Heart

Verbal (2): Turin, Rhea

Turin (1): Solimind

Ape (1): Kae

Locke (1): Meesh

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Ithi, Paet, Matt, Player, Verbal

I don't want to add a deadline, but will soon.

Vote Count:

Des (3): Wombat, Song, Tina

Solimind (3): Des, Locke, BG

Meesh (2): Talya, Nyn

Song (2): Ape, Heart

Verbal (2): Turin, Rhea

Turin (2): Solimind, Paet

Ape (1): Kae

Locke (1): Meesh

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Ithi, Matt, Player, Verbal

I don't want to add a deadline, but will soon.

What happened to your W's Ape?

Wondering where your PR that you gave him went, BG?

And Turin, I'll post when I have something to say and not before. I have been reading, but couldn't be bothered to join in with all the movie stuff...everyone was doing...simples!

So now that we have some bandwagons going, let put some more pressure on and see what happens...

UNVOTE, VOTE DES

To clarify as I've been questioned on it, I posted a "biggest town and scum read" to see who poked it and who jumped onboard.

AH had questioned Wombat about his read on Des, but the repeated question appeared pro-town. Scum would likely say it once to look good and then move on to the next opportunity. For AH to stay focused says town to me.

And I didn't say "big" read....I merely said "biggest". It was a small read, but the biggest I had. And I wanted to see what happened if I randomly tossed it out with no explanation.

Apparently nothing except a slight backfire. Hehe.

Archived