DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Princess Bride Mafia - Game Over!

Leelou

I blame, eh, Lessa is not here, Ed, is not here, eh, I blame Wesley. When I think of him my heart starts beating faster and that makes me forget to unvote. Yes, that is totally it! I need to sleep...Unvote. Vote Des.

I missed this earlier but why thank you Tina (I dont care that you aren't talking about me. You use my name so I can claim the compliment)

Ok so after the reread I think I'll join the group. I know I said I felt like we were being led, and I still do a bit. But I think we might be able to learn something from the lynch. I'm not convinced of learning as much from Turin

(and Id feel horrible joining two lynches on him at the same time)

VOTE Solimind

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can Ape get bent out of shape by being my #4 suspect when he doesn't have a vote against him? Seems fishy. Really, my post was not about Ape so much as Smiley and Player, as the other two on the list had voted and unvoted recently. But because of the big reaction, Ape, you've moved up my list - #2 now.

I'd still be interested to hear something tangible from Smiley.

Sorry, all this talk of deadlines and reveals occured while I was away from keyboard, and I think I've got myself some analysis.

Des:

Now a little more than twelve hours ago Des revealed that he was a mason, risky move considering that it makes hime a target, if that is even the truth at all, but people backed off and unvoted, which I thought was deserving either way because the case against Des was mostly because he made a big post trying to make a case out of very little, which is understandable on Day 1 where we have so little to work with. After the first few votes landed on him, a train got going, which caused the reveal.

Right now I don't have any evidence to say that Des is lying, nor do I want to put a vote on him because he was stirring up the game

Turin:

Turin has quite a train on him, and that all started with people not liking his BOOOOOOOOOOOOO's a superficial reason at best. the train against him has continued though, for what I think is very little evidence. His play recently is weird and I wouldn't discount him being a joker, but I think it's more likely that he is playing down the possibility of being lynched on the first day, maybe even going in as a scapegoat, I don't know.

Still I don't believe he is deserving of a vote

Rhea:

Has had some talk against her and a couple votes, mostly citing her playstyle as a reason, I don't know her playstyle so once again I will refrain from voting on her, at least until more evidence shows up

Ape:

Hasn't done anything that proves to me he is scummy, only thing that he has done is analysis and answering every question put his way, nothing scummy about that, his views are his own and he has expressed him, just because you don't agree doesn't mean that it counts as some sort of scumtell.

No vote here

Solimind:

The voting against him started off with a post that I thought was mostly a joke (a vote against Turin for Boooo-ing him, an understandable joke vote). People started questioning his motives behind what was a very simple post, that said something along the lines of "not if you die first". For the rest of the game Solimind has released occasional analysis or answers.

Now as for painting Solimind as scum with his most recent analysis saying that player, Talya, Ape and myself were suspicious, he cited not voting as a sufficient reason to arouse suspicion, which may be the case. Now as I've said before I've kept mostly silent on anything serious through this time, the reason being that I don't want to paint myself as too eager to use and change my votes often, as soon as arguments swing around. That is a valid way of playing I understand but I don't want to play like that.

As of now I am still leaving my vote unplaced, I'm going to look back at some of the people I named here, and some I didn't and look for something weird/out of place/scummy/suspicious. I hope that is substantial enough for all of you

Vote Count

Solimind (7): Des, Locke, BG, Rhea, Turin, Ape, Player

Turin (4): Solimind, Paet, wombat, Meesh

Des (3): Tina, Verbal, Nyn

Rhea (2): Song, CTM

Song (1): Heart

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Not voting: Smiley, Talya, Kae, Ithi

15 hours to deadline

Vote Count

Solimind (8): Des, Locke, BG, Rhea, Turin, Ape, Player, wombat

Turin (3): Solimind, Paet, Meesh

Des (3): Tina, Verbal, Nyn

14 hours to deadline

Solimind isn't really making sense and his attempt to cast suspicion on none voters seems like a weak move, to appear to be scumhunting. Mostly because (as mentioned earlier by someone else) some of the none voters unvoted not too long before he made his case on that. Making his whole reasoning moot. Almost feels like he just looked at Leelou's last vote update and tried to use that to build a case. Seems like he's reaching.

Unvote

Vote Solimind

Nyn

Vote Count

Solimind (9): Des, Locke, BG, Rhea, Turin, Ape, Player, wombat, Nyn

Des (2): Tina, Verbal

13.5 hours to deadline

Solimind isn't really making sense and his attempt to cast suspicion on none voters seems like a weak move, to appear to be scumhunting. Mostly because (as mentioned earlier by someone else) some of the none voters unvoted not too long before he made his case on that. Making his whole reasoning moot. Almost feels like he just looked at Leelou's last vote update and tried to use that to build a case. Seems like he's reaching.

Unvote

Vote Solimind

Nyn

I've been mulling it over in my mind and agree with this for the most part, the use of the old vote count confuses me, I'm not sure if that was a deliberate move or if he missed 2 vote counts by sheer accident, but two things drive me to vote for him now:

1. The use of the old vote count

2. The fact that it seems most likely that he will soon be lynched, so avoiding a random lynching, that is a 1/21 chance I don't want to take

Vote Solimind

Vote Count

Solimind (10): Des, Locke, BG, Rhea, Turin, Ape, Player, wombat, Nyn, Smiley

Des (2): Tina, Verbal

Not voting: Talya, Kae, Ithi

Just over 11 hours to deadline

haha... spoke to soon, just fired opening salvo :D

Ball-busting aside, no editing hewe on DM. Don't want you dying fow nothing.

Liar.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to anyone that hadn't already guessed. I am the Ancient Booer. The hag that I spoke of earlier. If you think I would be mafia with that role and this awful speech impediment then go ahead and put me out of my misery.

Oh Contessa, thank you for the clarification but I believe I should be shown voting Solimind now and not the ROUS Wombat as I did unvote/revote when prompted.

I'm not sure how relevant that is until I see Humperdick or the 6 fingered man flip scum... That being said, having a PR as scum is not typical, but I've never played a LeeLou game before so can't say for sure..

I' going to

unvote

vote Rhea

for reasons stated earlier, gaming the mod a bit, but no reason not to at this point until proven otherwise or cases get more substantial

Sorry, but I laughed for a good 2 minutes on this - co-workers are wondering what's wrong with me.

Turin's character could be anything. In Nae's Princess Bride game on Myndjack, the hag was a Jester who was mod-confirmed innocent. Mynd of course still managed to get himself lynched despite that minor setback.

Good times.

Responding to these as I see them.

Posting at the exact 24 hour mark for dramaticism.

Just fyi folks, I'll be on LoA until Monday afternoon. (I might be back Sunday night, but I'm not sure at this point) Hopefully I'll be back before Day 1 ends though.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Solimind for...I don't know I'll think of something.

Not if you are dead first. Vote Turin

Until then I'll leave off with the second vote Solomind Just seems like a strange vote, especially considering Turin already had one.

Agreed. Vote Solomind

Oh and Hi to you too AH. :biggrin: I'm mainly observing right now. Sorry for being so quiet, I kinda switch back and forth from quiet to loud game to game on Day 1s.

Realized I hadn't responded to other's accusations about my agreeing with Locke's post. Just so there's no confusion, the basis of my vote earlier was more how Desp explained it. I wasn't voting cause it was the second vote, but because the "not if you are dead first" part of the post. Seemed a bit antogonistic. If it had been a joke fine, still worth putting pressure on, but then Solimind kept the vote on Turin later so it seemed like a good fit. As much as I'm suspicious of Des for my own reasons, I can't really justify voting him for defending me. Maybe something else will show up that gets me suspicious besides that, we will see.

Then why did you agree with Locke on him saying he voted for Solimind because him putting a vote on Turin when he already had one...now you are saying that wasn't your reason for voting, but something else? I see backtracking here!

Refer back to above quote. I agreed that it seemed like a strange vote. The second vote stuff was filler for me. Just thought it was strange is all. I think that has been established. Moving on.

Grrr this really sucks to have to do this so early, but I see this random unfounded case on me is building up quick so my hand is kinda forced so I HAVE to reveal, I'm a Mason. I'd rather not expose my partner if I don't need to, but a shrewd player would be able to see post patterns that would support this. Back off my train, a lynch on me will show little because of how quickly the bandwagon started on me. It almost seemed to feel like this emotion shifted in the game because Nyn I guess took stuff that I was saying personal (which was not the intent btw, good to hear that you're staying :smile:) and it starts to get easy to paint me as the bad guy. Plus, my role can be extremely useful to town.

And honestly, I'll admit it myself that the original case on Solimind wasn't particularly strong, but considering the overall reaction to it you have to see that it might be significant. A few people came out to defend him in their own way, then used an avalanche of votes to try and get a speed lynch secured on me. A coroner's report on Solimind will tell the town much already after a semi-productive day 1

He is pretty anxious for the Solimind vote which is fair. I think it would provide info too. But here's the thing about Masons... super easily vetted. Their whole power is to strategically reveal that they are a Mason after watching how people react to them. I was a Mason my first game ever (Wombat's WoT) and it was a LONG game, like 11 or 12 game days, something ridiculous like that. Once it came out we I was a Mason, we revealed not too long after. All 3 of us made it almost to the bitter end after revealing. Once the Mason idea is out there, then a reveal of partners shouldn't be too far behind I think, otherwise Desp is NK'd, we don't learn his partner, and then scum can counter claim it if needed come end game. Or if it is a scum ploy, well, then we always have the option of a two for one if the finder learns differently. No need to investigate the other one.

Hmmm...interesting UNVOTE I'm not willing to leave my vote on your over night when you only need 3 to lynch. Doesn't mean I believe you, but i have seen too many games where people claim and are lynched anyway and good players have been lost. I'm not fishing for your role, so don't mention it, just clarifying what you are saying, but you have a role other than being a Mason?

Sorry Talya, sounds to me like Rolefishing.

Well that IS fishing tbh Talya. Why would you need to know such a thing?

And yep, sure enough.

Well that IS fishing tbh Talya. Why would you need to know such a thing?

I don't, I want to know if that is what you said in your reveal. I asked if that is what you are saying...NOT what it is! There is a different, so stop twisting my words, you ahve done it earlier, and now trying to do it again, I will quite happily vote for your again to prove what you say is true! All I'm asking is for you to clarify...because people that half say things usually do so because they have something to hide...like they are lying!

I really don't think he is twisting your words.

vote Solimind (/color)(/b)(can't spell and can't view it at the same time as typing on my phone.

Cos I don't want Des to die on Day 1

Well, someone has to. And you're basically saying that you're voting Solimind to save Des? Interesting.

Not sure how I feel about this reveal. Keeping my vote where it is for now.

Welcome CTM =)

Nyn

Thanks!

I think this must me the mason partner that shrewd players would find?

Slip of the typy finger there eh CTM? Are you the mason partner?

And please ... as if I would be that stupid. Honestly. I'm far more sneaky than that. I just think that Des gets a bad rap from typing up big posts, and I've already said I find them useful. In a few of the games I've played with him, people vote him because he posts too much information and that is just insane.

And Mason's don't like to reveal because they get deaded quick by the Mafia so he done right to not reveal his partner. You are a bad bad person for wanting him to do so, or suggesting possible partners - let the Mafia team do their own work eh?

:isapotcallingyouakettleiknow:

:wink:

Actually, When Mason's reveal it usually keeps them alive, because by killing one they prove the other or others, I've been in a number of games where they have survived.

My point exactly Talya. And hey, we were Mason's together in the game I mentioned too!

I noticed a bunch of other people see it the same way.

So here is what I think. Today we learn from the Solimind lynch whatever we can, then Desp can vet himself and a teammate so that we can move onto more likely scum targets. The finder can view one of them if they want, but either way, learning the partner sooner than later saves the guesswork and false claiming later. And while we are at it, since Character reveals are acceptable, then I think it is okay to speculate on who in the movie might be a Mason character and whether that syncs up with the claim.

So here is what I think. Today we learn from the Solimind lynch whatever we can, then Desp can vet himself and a teammate so that we can move onto more likely scum targets. The finder can view one of them if they want, but either way, learning the partner sooner than later saves the guesswork and false claiming later.[/color] And while we are at it, since Character reveals are acceptable, then I think it is okay to speculate on who in the movie might be a Mason character and whether that syncs up with the claim.

If I undewstand you cowwectly, then the other mason pawtnew should weveal BEFORE night phase.

My personal opinion is that Desp should out his teammate now. It reduces the pool for a cop, allows the cop to view either Desp or his partner, and reduces the likelihood of a scum watcher id'ing our cop on N1, reduces the pool for a vig and forces scum to decide to leave the masons alive, or shoot either of them instead of cop hunting... which is good for the town.

As for the character reveals thing being allowed, I'm not sure why we don't just go down the whole player roster at some point and say who we are.

I blame, eh, Lessa is not here, Ed, is not here, eh, I blame Wesley. When I think of him my heart starts beating faster and that makes me forget to unvote. Yes, that is totally it! I need to sleep...Unvote. Vote Des.

I missed this earlier but why thank you Tina (I dont care that you aren't talking about me. You use my name so I can claim the compliment)

Ok so after the reread I think I'll join the group. I know I said I felt like we were being led, and I still do a bit. But I think we might be able to learn something from the lynch. I'm not convinced of learning as much from Turin

(and Id feel horrible joining two lynches on him at the same time)

VOTE Solimind

We can pretend it was about you. :biggrin:

Just came back and have just read through the last pages quickly. As I understand it Turin has claimed a character but not a role. Des has revealed mason. Solimind has not revealed anything. Am I right? I can´t see that anyone except Solimind can get a majority right now (unless many are on line in the end of the day) but I don´t want to put him at L-1 before he gets the chance to reveal.

I agree with Des and BG - Talya, that was obviously role fishing.

So we're waiting for Sol's reveal? The way this train happened so quickly so far from deadline makes me think townie, but again, on JN we usually don't start the rush to deadline lynch till and hour or two before deadline, but people are way more active here.

Is it normal for a deadline induced train to occur 10+ hrs out here?

Yeah, from my experience even 12 hours before a deadline people are already packing up the kids. I don't think I've ever been in a game where the hammer was left the last hour (from deadline)... aside from the odd day where majority wasn't reached but it was mostly due to having so many inactives.

Nyn

Dead Townie Dead Mafia Alive Claimed Role Alive No Claimed Role

1. A. Heart

2. Smiley

3. Song

4. Ithi

5. Turin

6. Des-Des--claims Mason. Partner unknown

7. Rhea

8. meesh

9. Paet

10. BG

11. Matt Mcs

12. Locke

13. Player

14. Talya

15. Nyn

16. Kae

17. John McApe

18. wombat

19. Solimind

20. Tina

21. Verbal

I've never had to post the list D1 before....

Ok, from the beginning:

Ape’s immediate unvote on Turin...

Des votes him then unvotes...

Solimind’s vote on Turin in reaction to being booed--joke vote? *shrug*

Des votes Solimind....

Locke votes Solimind...

Wombat votes Des

(the explanation he gives MUCH later (and I am quoting myself here):

The long awaited Wombat post which seems to explain that Des is scummy for the vote on Solimind and anyone who votes with him is also scum. Not much of a reaction to anything recent--the one exception being a comment about skimming)

Song votes Des for the following reasons:

I have never seen the Ape back down from a vote so quickly. Really odd, and definitely something to note.

But Desps are the most interesting so I will UNVOTE, VOTE DESP He backed off his vote rather quickly, and then made a joke to cover it up in a way. I understand Apey explaining his reasons, but still odd in the way it was done and interesting that he believed him right away. And then he decides to vote solmind for his first joke vote of the game, when it didn't even make a wagon? Over reaction? I think so.

(also just want to note the first line for myself again)

Ape votes Song

I have finally seen the film. I´m still crying. I do feel the pain that Buttercup must have felt when her Wesley didn´t rescued her from her wedding. He didn´t rescue me from mine either. *blows the nose with Song´s dress*

Now I think Turin has some explaining to do. He left locaine in my glass and now tells me he did it to help me build an immunity to it. That is so nice. And who does something nice to another in a mafia game? Mafia - that is who! I will keep my eyes on you this game, mister. Could you please come to my kitchen and do what you usually do there so it will be easier for me to keep my eyes on you. Thank you!

Song - I admit. I love you too. If life was fair you would be dead by now anyway. :tongue: Anyway, I do agree with you. The scummiest player this far is Des. So I´m going to vote Des and start a real bandwagon.

And Verbal - I see you are sucking up to our mod goddess. That is so low. I would never do anything like that. :rolleyes:

Tina slips the vote in a bunch of spam and doesn’t explain why he is the “scummiest player”

and it is done

this is really bugging me for a reason I can’t discern. WHAT IS DONE?!?!?!?!

Verbal likes me..... Matt is cryptic about his suspicions... They each want the other to explain themselves..... Discussion on the scumminess of skimming....

I voted for Turin because he put so much effort into his list but didn't have a reason to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO me. I'm all about providing the justification. That said, I'm observing the state of things and could be swayed to change my vote if one of you mafias makes a mistake. I'm watching you.

he said it was a joke but didn’t take the vote off

What happened to your W's Ape?

Wondering where your PR that you gave him went, BG?

And Turin, I'll post when I have something to say and not before. I have been reading, but couldn't be bothered to join in with all the movie stuff...everyone was doing...simples!

So now that we have some bandwagons going, let put some more pressure on and see what happens...

UNVOTE, VOTE DES

votes Des just to “see what happens”

All in all I'm getting a strong vibe from John. I think it's mostly to do with the way he's trying to educate us over what's scummy. Being on the fence is scummy, being suspicious and not voting quite yet is scummy, being suspicious of two people and voting for only one is scummy, talking about the different set up possibilities is scummy.... Well, guess what John... all this scummy labeling feels sort of scummy :P

Unvote

Vote John

Just noting

MCS has some suspicions but mostly asks question. Can you answer some as well? Who do you suspect?

(saying this once again)asks for reasons having given none

Ape has low self esteem in his scum catching abilities... (no of course that isn’t a joke)

We are moving away from joke votes. Can someone tell Paetric? :tongue:

MCS has some suspicions but mostly asks question. Can you answer some as well? Who do you suspect?

Currently, i have a few people that are pinging me. First we have Wombat. He is playing the way he usually seems to when he's scum in my experience. The most recent example would be Meesh's Village mafia. Secondly I'm suspicious of John. He is being quite inconsistent in his ideology when posting, which is why I'm guessing Nyn voted for him. I'm not one to vote off of my gut on day one though, so I'll just be observing until I figure out something more concrete.

Matt’s suspicions

Verbal doesn’t like the early votes on Solimind...

BG apparently got tired of me complaining about him being too quiet or he decided that whatever he was planning silently over in his scummy little corner wasn’t going to work

Ape has a lot to say.... not going to respond to it here because that would add a ton of length, but he makes some good points

Des catches Tayla in a snag... Nyn almost leaving drama...

Alwight, this D1 is dwagging...

I think vote consolidation might be in order. Unvote, Vote Despo

Lynch him because he's been a bit smarmy, and we've got hoards of posts where people are reacting to him and casing him. Maybe we'll get lucky and lynch scum... at worst, it should provide some good context for D2 cases.

I respect this vote

Turin votes Solimind, also for the sake of knowledge and people’s reactions

11 times. :) Mafia 5 times, 3rd party... twice.

still don’t believe it.

Another Des vote

I haven't posted all weekend, but I did keep up with what was going on. FOS at Rhea for unvoting Des and pointing out that her vote was a joke vote. Why did you find it necessary to point that out?

I said before the weekend that the case on Des seemed strange to me, and it still kinda does. But because of Rhea pointing out that hers was a joke, mabe we are onto something. At least it struck me oddly when I read that. So I'm going to Unvote Ape, Vote Des for now.

ummm.... It was a joke vote though. Why is her pointing that out scummy? She’d not been in the game since the joke part of the day if memory serves. I don’t think there was any harm in her saying it was a joke vote and then unvoting--things were becoming serious.

And then Ape agrees with Kae’s observation...

Rhea defends herself, then votes Solimind without explanation.... Then explains it

Because I've been accused of this on day one before. And yeah i was camping out to see where the day one voted were going. As I am not voting for Des, then I must consolidate with the Solimind vote. What you rather I do? Start a train on someone else?

Verbal votes Des just because we need a lynch.... I just saw a toddler run by outside my dining hall window.... Tayla says she jokingly planted the second vote seed

Meesh gives more reasons to vote Turin but votes Des instead

Realized I hadn't responded to other's accusations about my agreeing with Locke's post. Just so there's no confusion, the basis of my vote earlier was more how Desp explained it. I wasn't voting cause it was the second vote, but because the "not if you are dead first" part of the post. Seemed a bit antogonistic. If it had been a joke fine, still worth putting pressure on, but then Solimind kept the vote on Turin later so it seemed like a good fit. As much as I'm suspicious of Des for my own reasons, I can't really justify voting him for defending me. Maybe something else will show up that gets me suspicious besides that, we will see.

There’s something about this post that I like...Just says opinions simply. *Shrug*

WAIT IT’S ONE OF BG’s!!!!!!! *jumps back and watches him closely*

Hmmmm there’s an Ape CTM rivalry.... interesting....

Des reveals.... I don’t trust reveals but he hasn’t seemed scummy to me in this game. Willing to possibly believe him :P

Tayla unvotes and claim fishes a little, Ape unvotes,

vote Solimind (/color)(/b)(can't spell and can't view it at the same time as typing on my phone.

Cos I don't want Des to die on Day 1

interesting reasoning

Time to move on I guess.

unvote

Vote: Turin

I find you annoying :P

And Mason's don't like to reveal because they get deaded quick by the Mafia so he done right to not reveal his partner. You are a bad bad person for wanting him to do so, or suggesting possible partners - let the Mafia team do their own work eh?

I agree with this. With Des’ partner (assume it’s only one other because he said “partner”) still anonymous then the Mason revealed can be protected and the masons aren’t all possible sitting ducks.

This CTM/Ape thing is amusing....

AAAAAAH SHE EDITED IT!!!!!!!! I’m telling the mod!!!!!!!!! (Lavas my Bonded :D )

Actually, When Mason's reveal it usually keeps them alive, because by killing one they prove the other or others, I've been in a number of games where they have survived.

I see the logic behind this, but it still doesn’t seem like a good idea

Kae unvotes...

fwiw.. I'm a big fan of getting as many reveals as possible. If Des is telling the truth and mafia would rather take out a mason then hunt for better power roles, I think that's a done deal already. Vetting him with a second mason narrows pool for cop investigations.. And i didn't say he should reveal, I said I don't see a reason why he wouldn't...

Because masons are useful too (though to a lesser degree) and don’t want to die? I get that it stops other power roles from being lynched for a time but there’s still an advantage to having a mason team.

unvote

Vote Turin

care to explain why?

And everyone starts jumping on Turin and Solimind and Rhea....

Turin's character could be anything. In Nae's Princess Bride game on Myndjack, the hag was a Jester who was mod-confirmed innocent. Mynd of course still managed to get himself lynched despite that minor setback.

So you think he's a Jester?

Then maybe we should oblige him

unvote

vote Turin

I don’t like this post

unvote

vote Rhea

previous reasons

vote hopping are we? Neither of them had even said anything...

Ok: Des I don’t suspect, I don’t really get much of a vibe from Turin either.... Though he does seem odd.... Rhea I also don’t feel strongly enough to vote on.

Solimind kept his vote on Turin even after he said it was just a joke, some other stuff involving him has pinged me, I don’t like the vibe I’m getting from him, and he seems like our most likely option to not have a random lynch at this point. Vote Solimind

I'm one vote from getting lynched and people have said commented about me possibly revealing something. I'm not sure about the rules over revealing too much or too little, but even as of now 11 of 12 votes to be lynched, I'm only feeling MOSTLY dead. But Miracles do happen. Or I guess sometimes they don't :biggrin:

From the grave, if I make it that far, I'll be interested to see Smiley's role in all of this.

unvote VOTE SMILEY

Archived