DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Aes Sedai

I like Galina's POVs but I think she pissed me off a while back. Can't remember why. My favorite Aes Sedai, in no particular order, are:

Nynaeve Sedai

Rand Sedai

Moiraine Sedai

Verin Sedai

Black Ajah hunter Sedais

Alviarin Sedai

Mierin Sedai

Teslyn Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai (even though I hate her sometimes)

Moiraine/Verin/Cadsuane/Siuan because of their mentor/adviser/helping role toward the Two Rivers folk.

Slightly Elaida because she kind of ordered Sitter's Black Ajah hunt.

Elayne/Nynaeve/Egwene because they seem to care for others in general.

Faolain/Theodrin because of their willing fealty toward Egwene.

RAFO for Rand. Nyneave for sure, though Verin has to be top too. I think Moiraine is as normal as she is because she's spent so little time in the Tower. I forgot about Teslyn, but she seems to be one of the few AS that actually understands the concept of thank you.

Person that hasn't read TGS or TOM yet, I know these forums can be addictive but if I were you, I'd leave now until I finished those two books. There are spoilers for those two all over the place, and there are lots of epic moments.

Alivia (although not really AS), Teslyn and the enfeebled Siuan are my top three. Oh, and Galina, I still hope we'll see a glimpse of her in aMoL, just a short one would suffice, but I fear such hopes would be in vain.

Now that I listed those I realise they're all sort of outsiders of the greater pack. Teslyn keeps mostly to herself, has little friends among AS and has some traumatic past concerning men. Alivia is literally an outsider, 400(?) years old, Seanchan, calm and confident while surrounded mostly by hot-headed AS. And Siuan has had a hard time fitting in after her healing.

I like Moiraine. She's the most human, while still keeping an air of heroism.

Nynaeve, Egwene and Elayne are a different story altogether, of course - it's not fair to compare them to the rest. If I had to pick from them, it would probably be Elayne-Egwene-Nynaeve. Not because I like Nynaeve less than the other two, I guess it's just about the age I was when I first read about them.

Verin is a nice character, but she's only 2.5d in my opinion, so...

Mierin Sedai

Really? Except for bitching, what did she ever do?

Thanks cindy. But I should've been more clear - where I'm from, one has to complete a master's degree before enrolling in a doctoral program (but you knew that, didn't you?).

Never mind, we're threadjacking.

1) Nynaeve - shes aes sedai with feelings something alot lack

2) Moiraine- the guide/teacher figure

3) Silviana- tough but fair

4) Pevara- tough but rationale

5) teslyn- one of the on the side aes sedai who imo changed the most

I was shocked that i had 3 reds on my top five list!

Archived