DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your favourite Non WOT characters

Scarloc99

So everyone talks about who their fav WOT characters are but I wondered what are peoples from other IP's. 

This can be fantasy, sci fi, comics, TV, Animation, Good Guy or Bad Guy and for any reason. 

I will start 

Lucius the Eternal - Warhammer 40K, take the most evil sadistic but very very vain being you can think of and ramp it up to 11. Lucius loves causing pain, suffering and just being a bit of a troll. But, he can't ever die. If someone kills him (and they have), then if they gain any satisfaction from his death, even for a microsecoond, the demonic god that Lucius serves starts the process of brining him back, inside them. It starts with dreams, then they start carving or getting strange scars, replicating the ones Lucius has given himself, then eventually he just posses them completely and they morph into him, the only sign sits on his armour, where an image of their face appears, screaming as their soul is forever tortured. 

This doesn't have to be a direct killing either, there is a fantastic short story where a guy, who works in a factory, building landmines, slowly goes crazy, kills his family and then becomes Lucius, all because one of the landmines he built blew him up a galaxy away. 

Why do I like him, the character just defines the Grim Dark of Warhammer 40K, there have been inordinate debates online about the ways you might be able to finally kill him, but also the story of his descent form arrogant but fairly good space marine to crazy chaos champion is told really well, and, he is just really really over the top cool :). 

Death - Discworld Need I say anymore, the ultimate in dry wit, the master manipulator while also being inept and sometimes very very lucky. I like him early on when he has a very different personality "Isn't it dark in here" still brings a smile to my face, and I like him later on when Terry P changed his personality and made him more of a distinct character. 

So 2 to get us going ? 

Edited by Sir_Charrid

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, Sir_Charrid said:

So everyone talks about who their fav WOT characters are but I wondered what are peoples from other IP's. 

This can be fantasy, sci fi, comics, TV, Animation, Good Guy or Bad Guy and for any reason. 

I will start 

Lucius the Eternal - Warhammer 40K, take the most evil sadistic but very very vain being you can think of and ramp it up to 11. Lucius loves causing pain, suffering and just being a bit of a troll. But, he can't ever die. If someone kills him (and they have), then if they gain any satisfaction from his death, even for a microsecoond, the demonic god that Lucius serves starts the process of brining him back, inside them. It starts with dreams, then they start carving or getting strange scars, replicating the ones Lucius has given himself, then eventually he just posses them completely and they morph into him, the only sign sits on his armour, where an image of their face appears, screaming as their soul is forever tortured. 

This doesn't have to be a direct killing either, there is a fantastic short story where a guy, who works in a factory, building landmines, slowly goes crazy, kills his family and then becomes Lucius, all because one of the landmines he built blew him up a galaxy away. 

Why do I like him, the character just defines the Grim Dark of Warhammer 40K, there have been inordinate debates online about the ways you might be able to finally kill him, but also the story of his descent form arrogant but fairly good space marine to crazy chaos champion is told really well, and, he is just really really over the top cool :). 

Death - Discworld Need I say anymore, the ultimate in dry wit, the master manipulator while also being inept and sometimes very very lucky. I like him early on when he has a very different personality "Isn't it dark in here" still brings a smile to my face, and I like him later on when Terry P changed his personality and made him more of a distinct character. 

So 2 to get us going ? 

Death is great but for mine Sam Vimes is the ultimate character from the Discworld.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Annomander Rake and WhiskeyJack Malazan Book of the Fallen

Arthur Dayne, Oberyn Martel, Ramsay Bolton and Bron Game of Thrones

And just because I wanna list my Wheel of Time favs too, Lan and Mat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Murderbot!  

All of Bobs from the Bobiverse....

Sam Vimes from Discworld (everyone else too, but Vimes is my favourite.  Death is wonderful, but Vimes has character growth)

The Bridgeburner crew from Malazan.  They are all a special sort of messed up.

Vasher from Warbreaker.  

Raoden and Hrathen from Elantris.

Paragon, Reyn and Brashen from The Liveship Traders

Isana and Bernard from Codex Alera

Waldo Butters from The Dresden Files

• 2 weeks later...