DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you're a WoT fan when...

Rosée

- When you become very, very, very good at Aes Sedai answers to questions you don't want to answer.

... craptard ... I do that.

Val Mickey, did you ever follow DMs Ask the Chosen? Guess who was Semi :wink:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Ares, you forgot to add that you faced everything on your own feet.;-)

Feet? Did the other one grow back then?

- When you become very, very, very good at Aes Sedai answers to questions you don't want to answer.
I find not answering at all is usually easier. But I can couple it with a look of arrogant contempt that AS everywhere would envy.

* When you wish you could Travel to school or work so you can wake up later or go back in a snap to get something you left behind.

* When you randomly say "The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills" to your friends (to which they then look at you like you're finally over the edge).

:biggrin:

When you think (or say) "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" when you think you need a little luck.

When you do novice exercises to try to channel.

When you spend way too much time daydreaming about what it would be like to live in the WoT world.

So last night at was on a team for a Trivabee and we got the question: Who is the greek god of dreams? I cannot tell you how annoyed I was that all that kept screaming in my head was Lanfear! Lanfear! I just had to say I dont know becuase I wouldnt have said her name. I wanted to so bad. I KNOW it is Morpheues, but Wheel of Time has invaded my mind...

Mine are:

- You now use WoT curses rather than regular, real life curses

- You add the word 'bloody' everywhere in your sentences, à la Mat Cauthon ^

- You dream about WoT almost every night. Epic dreams at that ^^

- You used to be scared of dead people and ghosts when it's dark, but now you're afraid of Gholams. I swear it's true.

- You have to remind yourself that WoT is NOT real life.

- You have attempted to use the Flame and the Void in a fight. More than once. And it sort of worked

- I've quoted WoT at friends as unconventional wisdom.

- When you wish you could Travel to school or work so you can wake up later or go back in a snap to get something you left behind.

- When you are outside in wintertime without a coat, and simply decide to not let the cold affect you. And it works.

- When you randomly say "The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills" to your friends (to which they then look at you like you're finally over the edge).

- When you try to follow ji'eh'toh or at least the basic idea of it, since the whole of it would take several months of speaking to a real Aiel

- You see crows and you grow suspicious, and look for a way to kill them before remembering that unfortunately, this is real life, and you can't go around killing birds lest they report what they saw to the Dark One, because, yo! this is real life. (I dive behind a pole or hide behind my friends whenever I see one.)

-When you think (or say) "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" when you think you need a little luck.

-When you do novice exercises to try to channel.

-When you spend way too much time daydreaming about what it would be like to live in the WoT world

I should stop typing and get a life.

Edited by WoTgirl111

Mr Ares, you forgot to add that you faced everything on your own feet.;-)

Feet? Did the other one grow back then?

I find not answering at all is usually easier. But I can couple it with a look of arrogant contempt that AS everywhere would envy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMKSJhb83Ps

I constantly live in the WOT world - in my head... I have three kids now, who distract me and keep bringing me back to the real world to make them pink milk and get them chippies and chocolate, but I slip back in when ever I can.

That made me think, does anyone else project themselves into the book as made-up characters?

I literally wrote myself into WoT.

The day I learned RJ originally planned for 4 ta'veren boys.....

Other things:

Ignoring cold Aes Sedai trick + Flame and Void trick.

Wheel of Time phrases, including Aiel.

Bloody, flaming, and light interjections.

When you think, 'they won't laugh when I can channel Fire.'

I tried to bend the Pattern to my will once.

I actually do that quite a bit, but not deliberately and it's creepy. One of the oddest examples: I was thinking about how cuddly ducklings look and a whole family of ducks walked out in front of my car in the drive through of a MacDonalds, which wasn't even near any body of water.

I tried to bend the Pattern to my will once.

I actually do that quite a bit, but not deliberately and it's creepy. One of the oddest examples: I was thinking about how cuddly ducklings look and a whole family of ducks walked out in front of my car in the drive through of a MacDonalds, which wasn't even near any body of water.

Hahaha craziness, I remember one time someone left my house and the door wasnt shut right and it slipped open. I glared at it... and a draft closed it! Properly as well. Funny as hell. The winds of time...

Edited by Drekka Mort

When you tell someone they are an honorless dog.

When you "Thank the Light" more often then not.

When you find yourself throughout the day, practicing keeping your face 'serene' and 'void of emotion'.

When your fella gets a cold-chill and immediately you think "he knows I'm embracing Saidar".

-When driving you see a fox on the side of the road...and a snake on the other side...and you freak out a little

-When you see a woman tugging on her braid, you run for the hills least you feel her wrath

-You look at a glass of milk and say "Mothers Milk in a Cup!" and then look around to make sure no one heard you use that 'profanity'

-The sound of someone else playing with a pair of dice in another room...makes you incredibly nervous. Especially when the rolling stops...

-Hand prints on windows are no longer annoying, they're a sign that you're one bad ass mofo (band of the red hand)

-You have refused to drink tea for 20 years, just incase it's the forkroot that's been holding you back...

-You've walked naked into the desert hoping for some insight into your future. All you've gotten was a sunburn in some sensitive locations.

-You've walked naked into the desert hoping for some insight into your future. All you've gotten was a sunburn in some sensitive locations.

Thank Light I don't live anywhere near a desert, so I managed to avoid that temptation!

• 8 years later...