DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you're a WoT fan when...

Rosée

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say 'Let the Lord of Chaos rule!' before dumping sugar into your nephews' cereal.

I also try to be mule-headed stubborn, but end up acting wool-headed. Does that count?

PS Rosee, my earlier post wasn't entirely true. It wasn't true at all, but I'd like to do it someday.

- You now use WoT curses rather than regular, real life curses

An "Oh light!" has slipped out now and then.

I've quoted WoT at friends as unconventional wisdom.

If you prepare for the worst all your surprises will be pleasant.

Helped me talking to a stranger once.

- You add the word 'bloody' everywhere in your sentences, à la Mat Cauthon ^^
I bloody well did this long before I ever read this bloody series.

You sniff at a lawyer and call him "boy" ...

That's another one I used to do before reading this series. Well, not so much the sniffing, I just talk down to lawyers (and everyone else).

When you are outside in wintertime without a coat, and simply decide to not let the cold affect you. And it works.

This as well. Either my love of WoT was prescient, or I'm just arrogant and foul mouthed.

You sniff at a lawyer and call him "boy" ...

You know the lawyer reads WoT too when he stares at you wide eyed and then blurts out: "You're a Red, aren't you??"

Interestingly enough, the character who most often uses this colloquialism is a Green...

The Warders thought it would be a good idea to glue the furniture in my new office to the ceiling. :rolleyes:

Oh natch! You know you're a WoT Fanatic when your Sisters send you a for real Red Shawl! With the AS symbol on the back!

You say 'Let the Lord of Chaos rule!' before dumping sugar into your nephews' cereal.

... that's just evil! :blink:

Taim would be so proud of you :biggrin:

And this is why my mother stopped letting me stay with her sister.... Cocopuffs + 5 tablespoons of sugar + hot chocolate with more sugar than the cereal = 1 VERY hyper Hayden and 1 VERY, VERY brassed off mother.

A.

- You now use WoT curses rather than regular, real life curses

An "Oh light!" has slipped out now and then.

I've quoted WoT at friends as unconventional wisdom.

If you prepare for the worst all your surprises will be pleasant.

Helped me talking to a stranger once.

I've always (read: since before reading WoT) followed the maxim "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

Accepting pain. That's a bigun.

It's a similar mental trick to the not feeling the weather, you sort of internalise a bit, feel it, let it roll over you...

I'm all about the flame and the void. When taking penalties at football, I feed all my feelings into a flaming soccer ball. I swear sometimes you know which way the keeper will dive...

I remember one particularly frightening dream involving a Gholam, icicles and me desperately looking for a foxhead medallion...

I also (especially while doing a re-read, but during other times too) use WOT curses instead of RL ones.

- You dream of creative ways of using the power (Airplane made of Air, anyone?)

- You plan on solving today's problems using Saidin.

- You have attempted to use the Flame and the Void in a fight. More than once. And it sort of worked.

heck yeah it works it also works with base nall hitting home runs

And this is why my mother stopped letting me stay with her sister.... Cocopuffs + 5 tablespoons of sugar + hot chocolate with more sugar than the cereal = 1 VERY hyper Hayden and 1 VERY, VERY brassed off mother.

A.

[PARTYPOOP]Sweet, looks like I get to be the nerd who mentions that a plethora of studies have shown that the ingestion of sugar by children (or anyone) does not induce hyperactivity.[/PARTYPOOP]

So, after that buzzkill I will mention that while I don't use WoT curses by themselves, I often mix them with real-life curses, such as: "well blood and bloody <f-bomb> ashes!" or "<gd> flaming piece of <s-word>!"

I also use "Light" sometimes, though. So I guess I do use one by itself, although it's more of an oath or talisman than a curse.

A.

[PARTYPOOP]Sweet, looks like I get to be the nerd who mentions that a plethora of studies have shown that the ingestion of sugar by children (or anyone) does not induce hyperactivity.[/PARTYPOOP]

So, after that buzzkill I will mention that while I don't use WoT curses by themselves, I often mix them with real-life curses, such as: "well blood and bloody <f-bomb> ashes!" or "<gd> flaming piece of <s-word>!"

I also use "Light" sometimes, though. So I guess I do use one by itself, although it's more of an oath or talisman than a curse.

The point of my listing what I was given for breakfast wasn't to point out the loads of sugar, it was to point out that my Aunty was an evil woman who liked tormenting my mother when she could (they get on like a house on fire normally) in retalliation to my mother giving all her neices and nephews very noisy toys when they were young, so I appologize if that was all you took out of it, I just thought it funny that Elgee brought that situation up as I had lived through the same experiance.

A.

The point of my listing what I was given for breakfast wasn't to point out the loads of sugar, it was to point out that my Aunty was an evil woman who liked tormenting my mother when she could (they get on like a house on fire normally) in retalliation to my mother giving all her neices and nephews very noisy toys when they were young, so I appologize if that was all you took out of it, I just thought it funny that Elgee brought that situation up as I had lived through the same experiance.

A.

Don't give me that crap; you're just after my Lucky Charms! I CAN SEE THROUGH YOU!! TEMPTRESS!! You'll not steal away part of my complete breakfast!!

(PS: Wtf are you doing apologizing to me? I'm the one who made the snooty comment.) (=

A.

Don't give me that crap; you're just after my Lucky Charms! I CAN SEE THROUGH YOU!! TEMPTRESS!! You'll not steal away part of my complete breakfast!!

(PS: Wtf are you doing apologizing to me? I'm the one who made the snooty comment.) (=

Saves and arguements if I make a snooty comment back. Also last time I checked I had male appendages :blink: .

A.