DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everyone on the Pacific please report in asap!

Elgee

Just read this on Google at school....

Not in Japan, but I have several friends in northern Papua New Guinea and the island of Manus which are relatively close to Japan.

Praying for them and all the people in Japan.

Dad and stepmother are vacationing in Hawaii. I got a call from my uncle earlier saying that Dad called him. They have been evacuated to higher ground, they are safe and waiting for the tsunami to pass. That was before the waves hit, but I didn't hear anything until after it hit. I know of a few people in Japan, but none personally.

We're waiting for the tsunami waves to hit us here in Washington. I live inland, on Puget Sound, so the wave isn't supposed to come here, but the counties that actually sit on the Pacific have evacuated all the low lands.

I live in Oregon but off the coast. I have friends and family who have been evacuated to higher land but so far nothing too bad has happened that I know of.

I'm really glad that Al Jenn isn't in Japan anymore, and I hope all his friends that are still there are safe. I'm praying for everyone involved.

Although I already talked to you Elgee, just going to post here for anyone else that knows my husband is in Japan. The husband is alright, and they are currently evacuating people to his base, or at least trying to, given that it is much higher ground. So, husband is all well.

Although I already talked to you Elgee, just going to post here for anyone else that knows my husband is in Japan. The husband is alright, and they are currently evacuating people to his base, or at least trying to, given that it is much higher ground. So, husband is all well.

That's good.

And I just learned that My family members re ok, they just have no power, and my friends in Yolkohama are ok as well.

Hi all... I'm checking in. Also probably good to give you an idea of what's happening.

I live in Singapore. Which isn't THAT near Japan but I have quite a few friends in Japan. Most of whom have checked in and have said they are safe. Most of them are in Tokyo, which was shaken by the earthquake but with little damage. HOWEVER, they have family in the areas affected by the quake and the tsunami. And I've been praying for them non-stop since it happened.

I have to say... I. Am. Terrified. And horrified. I've seen footage of what's happened and... words fail me. You know me, I'm usually quite cheery and happy-go-lucky but this scares me to the core. It's been barely 10 years since the last major tsunami/earthquake thing and that was even nearer to me. But this one terrifies me for another reason.

There's a nuclear powerplant. And it's failing. There've been a few explosions and stuff... so there's already radiation leaking. And the winds are blowing this way. Yeah. It could reach us. And this is not even a meltdown yet. I pray, I REALLY pray it doesn't meltdown. Because if it does, the whole Asian region's gonna be affected. And I'm not keen to die of radiation sickness quite yet. And seeing how we're major food exporters, expect disruptions to food supply and stuff. And yes, I KNOW there are really REALLY mean people out there who are mocking the tragedy or playing it down... but if you see the life footage, you'd be terrified too. And I've got friends who are updating me live from Japan. The whole situation is UNREAL.

Internet's slow. But I'm not complaining. In light of things, that's the LEAST of our worries.

Keep Japan in your prayers. And if you've got nothing better to say, just don't say it. Because it'll only upset me and make me cry. And I've cried a few times already. I want it to just get better. But I fear it's just getting worse.

*loves*

There has been earthquakes going on constantly since the original one, but they were all around the same area. Husband is sitting on the side of a volcano that is 50 years overdue. They just had numerous earthquakes with the epicenter under the mountain, one of which was over a 6.0.

Prayers and thoughts. Please.

And, just to note, there is already a volcano erupting in the SW of Japan. It just doesn't get any better...

Archived