DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Mafia Game Thread

WWWwombat

I will do points when I get on my computer. This game ended up being a lot simpler and longer than intended without the dagger. It would have killed its bearer every two days and made Nae an SK. Also, we didn't get to see balefire resurrection until the very end because all the times balefire was used before, the vote it negated wasn't needed as you guys were rather zealous in overhammering your lynches :P Oh, and you were Ingtar, Drew. Had the Horn been stolen by the Shadow, things would have gotten interesting for you. Oh, and BG choosing to save Mynd was critical as BG was a dreamwalker and therefore had a 75% chance of success as opposed to a 50% chance for any non-dreamwalker other than killuliu.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roles for remaining players:

Moon, Rand al'Thor - vigilante/resurrector

Verbal, Elayne Trakand - Item duplicator

Song 2.0, Berelain sur Paendrag Paeron - vanilla townie

Drew, Ingtar Shinowa - miller

Quibby, Egwene al'Vere - Neighbor/became a Mason

BG, Bair - Mason

Killuliu, Mat Cauthon - One-shot lynchproof - on lynch he would have survoved and been given a foxhead ter'angreal and an ashandarei. The foxhead would have given OP immunity and the ashandarei would have given a 10% chance to avoid a given night action or thief play. This chance would have been increased to 25% for Mat due to his other ability. The odds in his favor were tripled in every probabilistic calculation. Kinda sad this role didn't get fully implemented.

Also, Quibby, being a mason with the Horn (one-shot NK immunity) and Turak's heron mark blade (theft immunity) was an absolute tank. Y'all should have gifted some Seals his way. Speaking of which, the mafia was very lax on Seals and item plays in general. They never used the a'dam or stole a Seal (although csarmi did manage to gift the hedgehog). This was probably due to their inactivity. Alanna was the most active of the original members (which is probably why she found Mynd's suggestion that her mafia buddies were poking her ironic).

You guys saw me as inactive but I was here to whole time. It was just with everyone knowing who was innocent already and having a choice between about 4 people, 3 of which were scum, to lynch I was basically clueless on how to get out of that situation. So I tried to be as unnoticeable as possible.. until you noobs started calling out for my opinion <.<

Awesome game Wombat! Thanks for mod-ing it even though I was only here for a sec.

Yay Town! ^.^ Great game everyone, it was a little hard to keep up with at times, but really interesting to watch even after I died. Always knew Mynd was lying out his (insert word here)! tongue.gif

Awesome game Womby! My notes ended up too complicated for even ME to keep up with *sigh*

I wouldn't say you were inactive, Tink, especially since you kind of just hopped in for the end of the game. Of course, I can only compare your activity to my previous teammates, so yeah, you definitely weren't inactive :rolleyes: Anyhow, it's called actively lurking, it's a legitimate playstyle, and it's typically what I do. (Though I do usually post a little more than I did in this game.)

Alanna was the most active of the original members (which is probably why she found Mynd's suggestion that her mafia buddies were poking her ironic).

Hit the nail on the head :P That's why I was so frustrated, for anyone who still cares LOL. When Mynd started the lynch on me, citing my inactivity as part of the reason, I kind of blew a gasket because I had already been super frustrated at the lack of activity and support from the rest of my teammates - I'd pretty much been talking to myself on the QT (and occasionally Blackhoof, who was dead lol) from Day 6 on. Kwom disappeared entirely after Night 7, I think, though he'd only been appearing in the QT on summons since Night 5. Nae almost never posted in the QT, though I believe she did send in her NA pretty consistently, from what I can tell from the game thread. Amadine's activity dropped off around Night 5. Virt was never very active, and he disappeared entirely after Night 5 or 6, I think. And let's not even mention tobi, who never showed up, and who was eventually replaced by Nae.

I want to be clear, I don't blame anyone; I wasn't frustrated with my teammates. Ama had RL stuff come up, Nae is an SGL, which totally eats your DM time away. I don't know what happened to Virt or Kwom, or the never-seen tobi, but for all I know, they had serious stuff going on, too. So I don't blame them. But that didn't keep me from being frustrated with the situation - that I had the bad luck to have essentially all of my teammates fall off the grid, on top of the other two being lynched pretty early on in the game.

So I apologize for blowing a fuse when it all came to a head, but I'd been angry about the situation for several weeks already. So, uh, can you maybe understand why it kind of angered me to be called inactive, and for it to be said that I'd only popped in to vote when prodded by my teammates? Yeah. I sincerely wasn't angry about being lynched; I didn't give up because I felt it was hopeless, like Nae seemed to. I gave up because I was so frustrated I honestly didn't care anymore.

I calmed down a bit over the next day or so and decided to do a fake reveal - because it seemed I wasn't going to be lynched until I'd given an answer, and because, well, fake reveals are actually kind of fun, and I so rarely get a chance to do them :P I was very surprised when a couple of people unvoted me right away, though I never really hoped that a lynch on me would be derailed.

So. There's the promised explanation. But enough of that self-absorbed rambling :D

There was some question at times about the nightkills, so I thought I'd shed a little light on my choices - Even before everyone eventually dropped off the QT, no one seemed keen to give me any input on nightkills, so I pretty much just killed who I wanted - people I felt were a threat, sometimes people I felt were a threat to me specifically. Nae 1.0 was killed because I know her to be a good player (and also, because I had an inkling that whoever we killed would replace our inactive member, tobi, so it was sort of an indirect recruit :D) Song, of course, was a Watcher. Locke was killed simply for being an insightful player; that's why we tried to kill Red Night 3, too, but that failed. I can't remember why I decided to kill Aust Night 5 - I hadn't picked up on him being a cop - but whatever the reason, I remember I felt it was worth it, in spite of Mynd's 'A' clue from the pretend snakes.

Night 6 on, it became really difficult who to kill. So many people were supposedly 'still under suspicion,' yet weren't really being looked at anymore, and those players who people were still unsure of, were mostly inactive - so killing them made people wonder why we were still doing 'safe' kills. When Aemon was killed, someone mentioned it was off because he was under suspicious, but come on, he wasn't. (Most people had him on their list of confirmed innocents!) By then, most everyone had taken it for granted that he was a naive finder, so it really didn't even do any damage to kill him and confirm that.

Same goes for trench; he wasn't being looked at anymore. I believe it was after I killed Thorkin that someone asked why we were still doing 'safe' kills - but you lot had asked that day that the mafia kill the inactives, so I was complying! :biggrin: There was no better reason to kill someone at that point, and remember, by this time, there was no one left around to give me even a little bit of feedback about who to kill. I tell you, there were no good choices, though in hindsight, I regret not killing Mynd or the masons much earlier. When Csarmi came into the game, his first question was 'Who is this Mynd character, and why isn't he dead yet?' Only then did it really hit me that Mynd wasn't really up for a lynch in any of the player's eyes anymore.

AJ, of course, was killed because she was a confirmed townie, MCS because of the jailkeeper role, I believe. After that, I was lynched, though I did recommend to csarmi and Tink that they use the extra nk to knock off two of the masons - the two that weren't already in danger of dying (since BG had gone to save Mynd). We could've had them all in one fell swoop, though we all pretty much knew the game was lost, by then.

Oh and its all over. That was a wild game. I feel for you Alanna, I have been stuck as the only active Mafia member before and its just impossible.

And BG I want my harp back, your fingers were never meant for it, and I hope you didnt try to tune it.

For about three days after I took over fr Keyholder, she and I were having non-game related conversations on the PM between her. me, and Womby where i kept calling her Lews Therin. And she'd scream "Ilyena!" in my head.

It never really went beyond that. Though it was funny.

Yea well when I joined we worked on getting Mynd out of the game.

But my join was too late and we had no time to organize a hedgehog gift on him + due to some miscommunication Alanna used her NK elsewhere.

So I silenced Mynd (and got severed in return).

I didn't know I was severed so we tried to silence Mynd again (and it failed as I no longer had that NA).

After that, it was a long shot. We never picked up on BF being able to resurrect players. Else I wouldn't have overvoted on Alanna.

Our plan was to kill Mynd with the hedgehog, use our two NK's AND use Moon's BF.

I think that it was a mistake there to do BF (it did speed up the game, but we had our busdriver to try and misdirect it).

Yea well we did need the BF misdirection, BOTH innocents falling to the hedgehog, all our NK's going through (the extra one wasn't 100%) to stand a chance at all.

Inactivity really killed our maffia.

No items, sometimes no actions.

As for the items, I'd really like to see what they all do.

I kept the Harp in good shape for you trench. My PR wasn't nearly as difficult as yours, I actually quite enjoyed mine at times.

As soon as I saw Mynd go under the hedgehog, I thought OH, I HAVE to be the one to go in there. TAR is my place. I'm so glad. :)

Wonderful game. Glad I could be a major part and survive to the end. We had a good go, but the inactive players made it tough for Mafia, I understand.

Oh and aessedai.gif... also I found a book that did nothing from csarmi?

Lol I knew kwom/tiink was mafia from my first incarnation, but no one would listen to me!! Glad people didn't decide to kill me at the end. That made me happy. It's been awhile since I've lasted until endgame. Talya just always thinks I'm scum lol maybe its good she went when she did :P

I also suspected Mynd was lying for most of the time. I thought maybe he had one turn with the snakes, but then he busted out the others I knew he was full of it.

Good game wombat. You put a lot of work into it.

I had a heron marked blade (couldn't nk me)

the little fat man Prevented me from being role blocked or gentling unaided

Callandor (Beefed up BF power)

3 Seals (I raided Bayle Domon and I was gifted one, I found one as well)

And, the morning after Mynd was in a coma, I got the double-vote axe.

To avoid suspicion of my ownership, I unvoted before votes could be tallied, miscounted the votes in my own vote tally, and then voted along with mynd.

because i didn't want it stolen from me.

I was a bad ass.

I didn;t balefire much at all, i was afraid to balefire and knock out a townie.

At times, I almost BF'd Mynd, Killu (the whole 'random lynch' thing) Both Kwom/Tink and Csarmi Virtuhall for inactivity. But I didn't want to risk bf'ing townies.

I felt bad about Balefiring you.

I rolled a coin between you, song, and tiink that night.

THe only reason I ultimatly didn't bf tiink was because tiink had just taken over the role and gone through the posts.

I'd hate do bf a person right after they'd gone through all that work.

I felt bad about Balefiring you.

I rolled a coin between you, song, and tiink that night.

THe only reason I ultimatly didn't bf tiink was because tiink had just taken over the role and gone through the posts.

I'd hate do bf a person right after they'd gone through all that work.

Well Tink exhanged himself with someone so it wouldn't have been a favourable outcome for you.

Yea well when I joined we worked on getting Mynd out of the game.

But my join was too late and we had no time to organize a hedgehog gift on him + due to some miscommunication Alanna used her NK elsewhere.

Actually, the miscommunication didn't involve the nk - we were very clear on killing MCS. What happened was we got confused about how to gift someone something - so we silenced Mynd the same night we nightkilled MCS, and then, you know, we couldn't gift him the hedgehof since he's couldn't post.

Archived