DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looney Tunes Mafia

LilyElizabeth

UNVOTE

on the basis of his reveal and to think things over.

On the basis of what reveal Red? He might as well have said he's the Easter Bunny for all that tells us! I find it surprising that you'd accept that. What do you think this tells us? I will say again - character alignment does not correlate with player alignment. I found that reveal very scummy - it's basically a smoke-screen.

Here's the kicker: if Aemon is town, are his antics going to help or hinder?

I think this is a good question, and one I haven't found the answer for myself. If we are able to flush people out based on their reactions to him - perhaps although I still am not entirely sure what he intended with all this. Perhaps he really is trying to imitate Mynd as you suggested Verby.

This does stand out to me though, who are the "so many people" because the only people who were talking about narnia were adella and krak. I really don't see how aemon can jump to the thought that is some cover that will be used later on. It isn't any different than any two other people who OMGUS each other trying to fall back on silly day one votes later in the game. How can those comments be useful in the future? Aemon puts out a lot of suspision with no real concrete evidence or even how it would happen. Just FOS by the look of it and let the idea fester with us. Seems scummy to me.

This is perhaps the most sensible post of the day! Nice logic Kathleen, both in the above quote and in the rest of your post. Nice point on it actually having been two people bantering about Narnia, one of whom was a bit lost.

This sure doesn't feel like day one lol

I believe this is the fourth complete fluff post from you MCS, with nothing else of substance in between. It's like a bread sandwich. This type of behaviour screams scummy - it's not like there isn't anything going on for which you could offer your opinion on! On top of which I have never observed you to be this chatty in a game before - ever. It all reads like an excited scum who is trying to keep a low profile.

The three who have drawn the wrong kind of attention to themselves today are Aemon, MCS and Amhoonda - and Amhoon we haven't heard back from since she flitted in and placed a vote with virtually no basis.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, no matter how this ends up, Aemon sure did get the game rolling early! I'm impressed, because I haven't seen a day 1 this active in a long time!

It's that, and you are the top one on my list right now ^^

I do feel you are VERY defensive and poking me into cornering myself.

I explained myself fully if you read over my posts as to why I agree with Red on the comment, I explained what I meant by pressure, and I explained my vote.

Between you and Adella trying to harry me into what ever you want to call it by saying I find it a big deal, it's really rather interesting.

I'm not harrying you into anything lovely, I was just pointing out that you're being a bit... aggressive. And this just stood out to me. I will say I'm not sure if it's a bad stand out or not at this point.

Aemon, hate to nit-pick, but did you see the part in the rules where it says that your character really has nothing to do with your alignment? Cause I sure did, so your reveal means squat to me.. That being said, I would like to say that your over-defensiveness is INSANE at this point, and I know you're a better player than this as town. This may be metagaming but I really feel a scummy vibe from Aemon. It was silly of him to pick day 1 chatter and try to point a FOS with it. I'm wondering what he is playing at, and am going to go back and check on some of his posts before I finalize a vote.

UNVOTE

On the basis of what reveal Red? He might as well have said he's the Easter Bunny for all that tells us! I find it surprising that you'd accept that. What do you think this tells us? I will say again - character alignment does not correlate with player alignment. I found that reveal very scummy - it's basically a smoke-screen.

I totally agree with this statement. So what if he's Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny could be a bad guy according to Lily's rules. Tweety bird could be a bad guy. Also Acme cartoons aren't good or bad, they're all kind of jerks in one way or another lol

It too really liked Kaths post. Very astute and very pro town.

UNVOTE, VOTE AEMON

*headdesk REALLY hard*

I totally got to the bottom of page 7 and hit reply -_- On to page 8!

Well, that puts me at L-2 if I'm counting right. You win, Song. I'm Bugs Bunny. I hope you are happy now that I have been forced to reveal.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here Aemon with this sort of reveal. In Lily's opening she stated that she does not mind if we reveal characters, but that character name would have nothing to do wtih alignment - ie. good characters might be scum and vice verca.

I'm going to be frank - you caused this avalanche to fall directly on top of you and it has just gotten worse with time. You're upset for having to reveal but this could be seen coming a mile away. If there is a compelling reason you shouldn't be lynched, now is the time - and I'm looking for anything here, not necessarily a full reveal.

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed him skimming the rules! I fully agree with this post Aust, and that doesn't happen often.

• Club Leader
Vote Count:

Aemon (7) – Mcs, Ahmoondah, Limi, Player, Arlow, Kat, Song

Limi (2) – AJ, Aemon

Krak (1) – Adella

Amoondah (1) – Aust

Red (1) - Krak

Not voting – Tigs, Verb, Alanna, Red

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline – Wednesday 8PM MST. That’s 10PM on the East Coast and just shy of 24 hours away.

I find all this back and forth about a different game very interesting. I would not be surprised to find scum using it as a smoke screen.

At first I saw this as him just poking fun, and maybe trying to get the game going. Now I see it as a general FOS at what came to his mind first.

I have absolutely nothing against non game related talk. I do enough of it my self. I was just mentioning that so many people voting each other (joke or otherwise) based on the Narnia game seemed like a splendid way for scum to cover their tracks on a day 1 lynch. I think later in the game those comments are going to come in quite useful. Now, back to season 4 of Heroes.

I agree with Kat (I think it was Kat) there was only Krak and myself who voted off of it, and only a couple other people who even mentioned it.

Someone has to get us talking about the game, Red. And I just finished a game with Mynd, so his manner has kinda rubbed off on me a bit. Any second I'll start accusing people of being scum for something they may or may not have thought about saying.

Ew, Mynd rubbings. I didn't fall for his crazy game-play, and I refuse to fall for a knockoff. I assume you didn't learn ENOUGH from Mynd though, because (good reaction or not) he backs off after only a bit of poking, and judges his received reactions privately before coming out with a full blown accusation. I'm finding the Mynd excuse to be a good cover up but honestly very invalid.

I'd like to know why it's always the actives that get "pressure" put on them. Limi, as I am really the only person trying to create game related conversation, your comments of "putting pressure" on me if I don't comment seem like the classic scum move Of putting someone in a position where if they respond you can call them overdefensive and if they don't respond you can call them too nonchalant and both ways you get to call them scum. You just shot way up on my radar.

I would like to point out that Amoon isn't very active at this point and has a fair amount of pressure on him/her (>.< sorry). While I am very unsure about Limi's intentions right now, you sir are the one digging your own hole.

Which part seemed over defensive to you, Red? The part where I said:

the classic scum move Of putting someone in a position where if they respond you can call them overdefensive

or was it:

and if they don't respond you can call them too nonchalant and both ways you get to call them scum.

To be honest it looks like the beginning of a gambit between you and Limi. Limi says she agrees with you so you can FOS her and create some distancing right off the bat. I'm going to be keeping an eye on both of you.

Nice WIFOM, I assume this will be a recurring point throughout the game if you have anything to do with it. I really dislike players who bring up WIFOM, as it is best used as a scum tool. We don't know who is scum or what they are thinking. Come up with something VALID please, this a mindless FOS one after another!

I intended to get the game rolling, which has worked. I have number of suspects right now but Limi is top of the list right now. and you are right, with the deadline looming the time for random votes has passed.

UNVOTE

VOTE LIMI

I see her and Red trying to pull a gambit on us. When she flips scum we can go after Red

No leading the town! NO! I have watched Kivam, as scum, lead the town on a LEASH! I disapprove of ANYONE trying to tell the town who to vote!

Be honest and call it an OMGUS vote, Limi.

:rolleyes:

I have responded ad nauseum to the people that have votes on me, but let's recap: MCS voted me for being drunk (joke vote in my opinion), Red votes me for making game relAted posts, Ahmoonda votes me because he doesn't have anything better to do and Limi just threw an OMGUS on me. The way I see it no one has offered a solid reason to vote for me and you trying to get me to reveal when I'm at L-5 really makes me take a closer look at you. You have been oddly quiet until now. Why is that? You are always a much more in-your-face player. Are you being coached to tune it down a bit so you don't get discovered right away?

I ALMOST didn't read this, because of all the bad almost-english. Here is a good reason in my post. YAY for the multi-quote button making caseing WAY easier!

I would just like to hear from him in response to the votes. There's more than enough pressure on him now, and it looks like he's just ignoring them

Aust voted for Ahmoondah. What did you mean about there being more than enough pressure on me now if you were not calling for me to reveal? I have hardly been quiet on the subject of the votes on me, at least as far as Red and Limi are concerned.

:rolleyes:

So what you are saying is that you want me to start attacking different people? That is the worst reason for voting someone that I have ever seen. And now you are just going to Pressure me untill I have to reveal or die. Is that your plan now, Song?

>.> That's usually the case when the town gets it in their mind that someone is scum.

*rolls eyes* As if I could tone it down. I've been told that before, and it will never happen. The word reveal hasn't even come out of my fingers. Your answers to those questions haven't been good enough for me. Also the game is just now actually starting. I didn't have anything to say when everyone was joking around because I didn't care about the not game related posts. I also counted five votes and not four votes, so unless Aust's vote didn't count, then you are more than halfway to a lynch.

You haven't actually asked any questions, Song. All you have done was complain about who I have responded to, which happen to be the same people voting for me, while accusing me of not responding to the people that have voted for me. Contradictory much?

*snort* Minus the valley-girl attitude, Aemon is getting exponentially more over-defensive.

First off, by definition a statement is not a question. Of you are looking for N answr to something, you should probably ask anquestion rather than make a comment and accuse people of not answering your question. If there was a question in your statement please point it out to me becUse even after reading it again I see no question. People I have attacked in this game: Red, Limi, pretty much everyone making comments on the Narnia game, Song and Arlow for being new to mafia. I am nOw going to attack Player for pulling the scum move of announcing an LOA and then throwing his vote on the guy who has the most without actually taking the time to read through the thread and the arguments. Why would you think Red would be the logical choice for me to vote, Song? Limi was the one who attached herself to Red's ideas and started pushing me forward as a lynch possibility. I said that Red's distancing reaction made it look like a gambit. It is much more logical to go after Limi in my opinion.

Wow, way to be attacking. And I had thought Limi was being aggressive.

Sonwhat you are saying is that even though there are scummy players out there, you would rather bandwagon. Gotcha.

Yes, there are scummy players... I'm thinking you.

Well, that puts me at L-2 if I'm counting right. You win, Song. I'm Bugs Bunny. I hope you are happy now that I have been forced to reveal.

That doesn't tell us anything.

@AJ- LOL. Not something I wish to vet used to.

@Aust- I can't think of anything short of a full reveal that would ease your mind.

@Krak- It's always good to try something new and you always learn more from failure than success.

I agree, nothing short of a full reveal would ease us, and it's probably going to come to that, as that is the only thing that will save your a** at this point methinks. I'm usually not one to push for reveals, but as my last game voted off a scummy-looking-over-defensive player day 1 (kind of) and they ended up being a VERY useful role, I am warming up the the idea of saving you if you have a useful role.

If I hadn't already decided that I was probably going to vote you, the obvious leading was the nail in your coffin with me. I'm not even going to wait for a bigger reveal, because I don't think you have one, and I COMPLETELY disagree with the idea of someone leading the town on who to vote, as it can do nothing but make them dependent on you. NOT good in this game.

Unvote

Vote Aemon

I seem to be getting to L-1 on day 1 too frequently for comfort. You want a full reveal, you got it. I am Bugs Bunny and I can take someone into my rabbit hole for the night so they cannot be affected by NAs.

Bus Driver? Hmm. I can believe that. BUT that is a very neutral role. I have seen it used for townies and for mafioso. I just put you at L-1, lets see what the others decide with that.

I agree, nothing short of a full reveal would ease us, and it's probably going to come to that, as that is the only thing that will save your a** at this point methinks. I'm usually not one to push for reveals, but as my last game voted off a scummy-looking-over-defensive player day 1 (kind of) and they ended up being a VERY useful role, I am warming up the the idea of saving you if you have a useful role.

If I hadn't already decided that I was probably going to vote you, the obvious leading was the nail in your coffin with me. I'm not even going to wait for a bigger reveal, because I don't think you have one, and I COMPLETELY disagree with the idea of someone leading the town on who to vote, as it can do nothing but make them dependent on you. NOT good in this game.

Unvote

Vote Aemon

You realize Aemon just fully revealed a few posts above this AND that you just hammered him, right?

Unvote

Vote Aemon

You realize Aemon just fully revealed a few posts above this AND that you just hammered him, right?

I couldn't "realize" it as DM8 doesn't tell me when people have made new posts while I was posting. And no, I didn't. I put him at L-1 according to Lily's vote count.

Oh crap, I totally overreacted lol! also I miscounted, my bad! (I may or may not be sober, so i apologize)

It would have been very different if I had just accidentally hammered him, and I wouldn't have blamed you for the reaction. Thus the correction :biggrin:

Wait, are you unsure if you're sober or not, or are you just a really bad liar?

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed him skimming the rules! I fully agree with this post Aust, and that doesn't happen often.

Oh, Adella my sweet I am tempted to frame this quote of yours for all time. I knew it would only be a matter of time before my charm swept you off your feet! :D

I seem to be getting to L-1 on day 1 too frequently for comfort. You want a full reveal, you got it. I am Bugs Bunny and I can take someone into my rabbit hole for the night so they cannot be affected by NAs.

Okay, time to be serious. This does not sound like a bus driver to me. From what I know of bus drivers - and please someone more knowledgeable than me chime in! (I hate using public transit lol) - bus drivers swap targets? This role sounds too much - people could not affected by night actions and so they can't be killed, viewed, recruited, seduced.. (it IS the night after all!). And I will say that the only time I ever see someone claim to be a bus driver is when they are scum using a fake-claim :p

Moreover, Aemon this is absurd. If you had such an important role, why all the histrionics on DAY 1 when - as history tells us, this type of behaviour typically sees you lynched or at the very least placed in a great deal of danger? I can't see you doing that as town because it would be completely irresponsible. It doesn't fit, and it doesn't feel right.

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, and you've had ample opportunity to demonstrate that you are town however you didn't even mount much of a defense for yourself, or really offer up much of a case against anyone else. It really seems like you've been waiting for the chance to make a reveal and then hope that people drop their votes.

I don't buy it - and I will drop the hammer.

unvote

Vote Aemon

Before I begin this long monologue of defensiveness, let me tell you guys that I am a new Mafia player.

My own vote was kinda snarky, but I thought "what the heck, deadline is looming, I have not been active, I need to vote. Select someone" so i voted.

I gave a snarky reason because I was running with the whole SG "we *stab* people" thing.

If I have joked in an improper way, then I apologize. But my vote stands.

vote Amoon

That was the most suspect vote to take place so far. Amoon if this is your first game I'll forgive you for that, but with the deadline looming the time for fun votes has passed. Unless that was a serious vote, and in that case I would ask you for some reasoning behind it. The third vote on someone can very easily turn into something more, so you're going to want to justify your vote.

Yes, Aust, my first game.

Almost every post I'd seen before I voted referenced in-jokes from other games that i did not play. Or said something about needing to be in game. I picked Aemon because I'd seen Aemon active. Felt that Aemon's activity meant that Aemon was ready to play, and bring out the big guns.

Ahmoonda votes me because he doesn't have anything better to do

Fine. I'll give a better reason than just because. I'm a GIRL, not a dude.

would like to point out that Amoon isn't very active at this point and has a fair amount of pressure on him/her (>.< sorry).

Thanks for not being sure of M/F thing!

I had not been active, because of newness to Mafia and wanting to get a feel for the other players.

Someone else (I lost the quote and can't remember who) accused me of being scum. Or of being suspicious.

Fine. Be suspicious of me. Call me scum. This is SG, after all.

Now ::Ahmoondah finds a different Anvil to hide behind, hoping to escape notice ::

Ouch! I didn't even get to vote on my first day back. I'm skeptical of the reveal, it seems that Aemon got things going pretty hot and heavily centered on himself and for a veteran like Aemon that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. However, it has been a while since I've played the game and Aemon might have changed his tactics.

i wanted to get this response in before Lily posted a death scene.

UNVOTE

you only quoted part of what i said. i listed several reasons why i un-voted him.

as i said in my post, i was stll getting a scum vibe from him, because his posts were comming off as a Panicky and really defensive; but i was unsure after his responses to Song's prodding whether this was still a Scummy mcScumster ping or more of a townie appearig to be scummy ping. so i pulled off his vote to prevent him from being hammered quickly if he was town to continue to watch his reactions and how people reacted to him.

given the current events and vibe i'm now getting, i'm going to continue to with hold my vote honestly. Verb brings up a good poit, and i can see Mynd in his posts we still had a good 24 hrs before we needed to lynch and ther are a few others i would have liked to poke at for responses.

i'll be posting again soon with my thoughts on other quotes.

• Club Leader
Vote Count:

Aemon (9) – Mcs, Ahmoondah, Limi, Player, Arlow, Kat, Song, Adella, Aust

Limi (2) – AJ, Aemon

Red (1) - Krak

Not voting – Tigs, Verb, Alanna, Red

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

You spend all day trying to find out who might be trying to settle a grudge. You finally decide that it must be Bugs Bunny. After all, who DOESN’T he have issues with? You vote and majority rules. After rummaging through the factory, you find an ACME missle and tie Bugs to it then light the fuse. The last time you see Bugs Bunny is on his way to the moon….

bugs-bunny.jpg

Aemon, Bugs Bunny, mafia, has been lynched

It is now Night 1. Please send in your night actions promptly, if you have them. You have until Thursday at 8 PM MST, although I may be a little late starting day. I'm out on Thursdays until 7 or 8.

Archived