DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looney Tunes Mafia

LilyElizabeth

But you are so focused on that. You normally always tunnel vision, remember last game. So it's hard for me to take anything you say seriously because you normally just focus on one thing the whole game and that's it. Like I said, I didn't like any of the answers to your questions. Especially when you throw out a ridiculous vote and the word gambit, when no one else sees it. At least I don't. I bet if someone wanted to they could say me and you were running a gambit right now. That's what I wanted to know with pressure. See if you started singing a different tune, but as there obviously isn't enough pressure on you yet, Imma VOTE AEMON

Also I see that Aust voted for Amoon, which looked suspiciously like Aemon to me lol

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*rolls eyes* As if I could tone it down. I've been told that before, and it will never happen. The word reveal hasn't even come out of my fingers. Your answers to those questions haven't been good enough for me. Also the game is just now actually starting. I didn't have anything to say when everyone was joking around because I didn't care about the not game related posts. I also counted five votes and not four votes, so unless Aust's vote didn't count, then you are more than halfway to a lynch.

You haven't actually asked any questions, Song. All you have done was complain about who I have responded to, which happen to be the same people voting for me, while accusing me of not responding to the people that have voted for me. Contradictory much?

For now, I choose to Vote Red

I don't like how defensive Aemon is being, but I think that's his playing style from what I remember. He's usually pretty active and talks a lot, but gets defensive very easily. Red's FOSing could have been joking, and I don't think that her and Limi are making a gambit, but I do find her to be questionable, at least more questionable than anyone else at this point.

Someone has to get us talking about the game, Red. And I just finished a game with Mynd, so his manner has kinda rubbed off on me a bit. Any second I'll start accusing people of being scum for something they may or may not have thought about saying.

^Hmmm now you're trying to make excuses for your statement because some people don't like it and you're blaming other people not even in this game for it. That's interesting.

I did make this statement and you ignored it, there was a question in there without a question mark. Also yes Aemon that's what the first day is all about. You're looking the most scummy to me right now. So either you reveal and you pacify those voting for you or you get lynched. To me that would give us the most information right now since you're the most defensive and make statements like the above. And I don't like your tunneling on Limi, and your assumption that if she flips scum that Red would flip scum. That's a ridiculous statement. Also, out of the two, Red seems more suspicious than Limi at this point, so in my opinion a vote on Red would make the most sense for you, imo. And yes I would have you start attacking more than one person. How else do you get information than by putting pressure on different people, especially when it looks like no one is voting with you so your vote right now is really useless unless people start seeing what you see, which they obviously don't.

First off, by definition a statement is not a question. Of you are looking for N answr to something, you should probably ask anquestion rather than make a comment and accuse people of not answering your question. If there was a question in your statement please point it out to me becUse even after reading it again I see no question. People I have attacked in this game: Red, Limi, pretty much everyone making comments on the Narnia game, Song and Arlow for being new to mafia. I am nOw going to attack Player for pulling the scum move of announcing an LOA and then throwing his vote on the guy who has the most without actually taking the time to read through the thread and the arguments. Why would you think Red would be the logical choice for me to vote, Song? Limi was the one who attached herself to Red's ideas and started pushing me forward as a lynch possibility. I said that Red's distancing reaction made it look like a gambit. It is much more logical to go after Limi in my opinion.

UNVOTE

on the basis of his reveal and to think things over. Song has been pushed higher on my list, as well as Limi; Aemon is still pinging me but now i'm unsure if its a scummy townie ping or a scummy mcscumster ping due to his reaction to Song's poking and the fact that Song always pings me.

AJ you've also pinged me with that post of yours; it recaped alot of what other people have said, but added nothign really new. smells a bit like the old trying to look helpful act.

Which part seemed over defensive to you, Red? The part where I said:

the classic scum move Of putting someone in a position where if they respond you can call them overdefensive

or was it:

and if they don't respond you can call them too nonchalant and both ways you get to call them scum.

To be honest it looks like the beginning of a gambit between you and Limi. Limi says she agrees with you so you can FOS her and create some distancing right off the bat. I'm going to be keeping an eye on both of you.

i said i found your posts (overall) to be defensive, and the tone to be overall panicky. when i first pointed out the "you might be scum" thing, it was more of a joke, but your reaction to the jokingly FOS was what really pinged me. you calling a gambit this early in the game is also pinging me greatly, and only making you sound that much more panicked.

Because none of Red's thoughts jumped out at me as much as an empty threat of pressure. I don't see the point of stating that pressure MAY be put on him eventually, as you can't really say if it will or wont, as you are just one vote.

And it does come off as though it bothers you more than you are acting now.

this is a good observation, and i hadn't taught of it before.

You know what, I'll vote Aemon .

not for any particular reason. I'm just mean like that.

this votes stinks of scum. there was plenty of info surrounding Aemon atm and you throw out a reason of "cause i can" it's either a scum move, or your not paying attention; eitehr way, it was a suspicious move.

I have responded ad nauseum to the people that have votes on me, but let's recap: MCS voted me for being drunk (joke vote in my opinion), Red votes me for making game relAted posts, Ahmoonda votes me because he doesn't have anything better to do and Limi just threw an OMGUS on me. The way I see it no one has offered a solid reason to vote for me and you trying to get me to reveal when I'm at L-5 really makes me take a closer look at you. You have been oddly quiet until now. Why is that? You are always a much more in-your-face player. Are you being coached to tune it down a bit so you don't get discovered right away?

i think you mis-read what Song was saying. i didn't see her pushing you for a reveal, not at this point anyway. this is what i mean by being defensive ...

For now, I choose to Vote Red

I don't like how defensive Aemon is being, but I think that's his playing style from what I remember. He's usually pretty active and talks a lot, but gets defensive very easily. Red's FOSing could have been joking, and I don't think that her and Limi are making a gambit, but I do find her to be questionable, at least more questionable than anyone else at this point.

what about me is questionable? there wasn't much to go on at that point and i did find his responses to be both defensive and panicky. kinda like an oh crap i'm in the spot light damage control scum type panicky.

I need to go back and check on the Limi/Aemon/Red thing. I keep trying to look back and see what the big deal is, but I feel like it's been a bunch of overreactions after another, especially on Day 1.

In response to me pinging Red though, I understand that I always ping you, but how is a recapping post saying who was currently pinging ME useless and adding nothing? I feel like you just skimmed over it and labeled is as drivel. I called Kathleen out for being overly cautious, and not adding anything, Krak for posting Narnia related but he hasn't really said a lot either, I agreed with Aemon though I questioned his intentions, and I agreed with Aust's post.

And this is not me getting defensive, just me clarifying.

Well, that puts me at L-2 if I'm counting right. You win, Song. I'm Bugs Bunny. I hope you are happy now that I have been forced to reveal.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here Aemon with this sort of reveal. In Lily's opening she stated that she does not mind if we reveal characters, but that character name would have nothing to do wtih alignment - ie. good characters might be scum and vice verca.

I'm going to be frank - you caused this avalanche to fall directly on top of you and it has just gotten worse with time. You're upset for having to reveal but this could be seen coming a mile away. If there is a compelling reason you shouldn't be lynched, now is the time - and I'm looking for anything here, not necessarily a full reveal.

Agreed on Aemon. I'm thinking that he's serious in trying out some of Mynd's ways early on. What Aemon doesn't know is that it took Mynd about a dozen game of playing like that to figure out how to actually not get lynched outright on Day 1 or 2. It still happens to even him, and he's the master at setting fire to the grass to startle the snakes, lol.

In other words, Aemon is trying to impersonate Mynd here. And succeeding in how Mynd started off.....but doesn't realize Mynd failed a lot before he got the knack down.

Here's the kicker: if Aemon is town, are his antics going to help or hinder?

• Club Leader

A couple of you didn't unvote before voting, so this is the correct vote count.

Vote Count:

Aemon (5) – Mcs, Ahmoondah, Limi, Player, Arlow

Adella (2) – Song, Krak

Limi (2) – AJ, Aemon

Krak (1) – Adella

Player (1) – Kat

Amoondah (1) – Aust

Not voting – Tigs, Verb, Alanna, Red

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline – Wednesday 8PM MST. That’s 6PM on the East Coast.

I find all this back and forth about a different game very interesting. I would not be surprised to find scum using it as a smoke screen.

At this point the only back and forth about a different game was when Adella Voted Krak and Krak voted Adella based on grudges from the Narnia game. There was a lot of other random talk and random voting going on in that time so I don't really know why this even got picked up and I really don't see how it could be used as a smoke screen, at least not any more than any other day one OMGUS vote. Though as I recal at the time I didn't really catch on that it was it only between two people, and it did seem to come up again and again in the timing, like if say, Adella would post something narnia related then someone else would post a random day one post and then Krak would reply to Adella and they would go back and forth. At the time it was happening it could have been picked up as Adella and Krak bringing it back up and keeping it prominant but on read through it doesn't stand out and it makes Aemon's comment stand out more, but I do rememeber thinking that they keep coming back to this Narnia stuff. and even posted this in response to Aemon's:

That crossed my mind too, but it is also not uncommon to have a lot of non game related posts on otherwise quiet Day ones, when there is nothing game related to talk about. Is it an attempt to keep us off topic so we don't start talking? I'm not sure. I think I would be more concerned if we were starting to talk game related stuff and people were taking it off topic. As is its just gonna suck for people trying to catch up or reread and have to sort though it. But at the same time new posts draw us back to looking at the game. I don't really know how to start the game conversation unless I see something suspicious and can call it out to be explained, but I haven't seen that so I don't really know where to start.

I have absolutely nothing against non game related talk. I do enough of it my self. I was just mentioning that so many people voting each other (joke or otherwise) based on the Narnia game seemed like a splendid way for scum to cover their tracks on a day 1 lynch. I think later in the game those comments are going to come in quite useful. Now, back to season 4 of Heroes.

This does stand out to me though, who are the "so many people" because the only people who were talking about narnia were adella and krak. I really don't see how aemon can jump to the thought that is some cover that will be used later on. It isn't any different than any two other people who OMGUS each other trying to fall back on silly day one votes later in the game. How can those comments be useful in the future? Aemon puts out a lot of suspision with no real concrete evidence or even how it would happen. Just FOS by the look of it and let the idea fester with us. Seems scummy to me.

Someone has to get us talking about the game, Red. And I just finished a game with Mynd, so his manner has kinda rubbed off on me a bit. Any second I'll start accusing people of being scum for something they may or may not have thought about saying.

^Hmmm now you're trying to make excuses for your statement because some people don't like it and you're blaming other people not even in this game for it. That's interesting.

What she said.

I'd like to know why it's always the actives that get "pressure" put on them. Limi, as I am really the only person trying to create game related conversation, your comments of "putting pressure" on me if I don't comment seem like the classic scum move Of putting someone in a position where if they respond you can call them overdefensive and if they don't respond you can call them too nonchalant and both ways you get to call them scum. You just shot way up on my radar.

Seems good on the surface, but looking at in a re read I see turning the tables on the accuser while deflecting the hit to yourself, and then you putting Limi in the same position you say she's putting you in. I do see it as overly defensive like she did, but I see it as a well played strategy that I missed until my reread. I actually felt bad for you when I first read this.

Which part seemed over defensive to you, Red? The part where I said:

the classic scum move Of putting someone in a position where if they respond you can call them overdefensive

or was it:

and if they don't respond you can call them too nonchalant and both ways you get to call them scum.

To be honest it looks like the beginning of a gambit between you and Limi. Limi says she agrees with you so you can FOS her and create some distancing right off the bat. I'm going to be keeping an eye on both of you.

I commented on the first half, already now onto the gambit. I hate when people cry gambit! First off it looks like Limi and Red are agreeing with each other while trying to keep distance, but I don't think it looks like a gambit, or if so a poor one. My understanding of a gambit is to be on the same side, but look like you are completely opposed to each other, and I don't get that from them. I get that they agree but are wary of each other.

First off, by definition a statement is not a question. Of you are looking for N answr to something, you should probably ask anquestion rather than make a comment and accuse people of not answering your question. If there was a question in your statement please point it out to me becUse even after reading it again I see no question. People I have attacked in this game: Red, Limi, pretty much everyone making comments on the Narnia game, Song and Arlow for being new to mafia. I am nOw going to attack Player for pulling the scum move of announcing an LOA and then throwing his vote on the guy who has the most without actually taking the time to read through the thread and the arguments. Why would you think Red would be the logical choice for me to vote, Song? Limi was the one who attached herself to Red's ideas and started pushing me forward as a lynch possibility. I said that Red's distancing reaction made it look like a gambit. It is much more logical to go after Limi in my opinion.

This comes off as way to hot tempered. I wouldn't say desperate and I wouldn't say defensive, if anything its an attack, but the emotion behind it seems too much, and again you don't address the concern you just try to deflect it and turn it around on Song. When I first read through all of this stuff I didn't see you as over scummy just trying to get things active, but looking back over your posts there is just too much deflection and FOS and starting theories but not really giving any reasons, its coming up scummy to me for the reasons I've just posted so.

in the interest of a controlled lynch, and because of my feeling outlined above. I VOTE AEMON.

Archived