Black Tower Participants

Talya        

Locke

Aust

Ed

Talmanes

Wombat

Pete

*****************************************************************************************

A loud crack resounds across the field as a misplaced gateway splits a tree and sends it toppling into the forest. Through the large portal there is a farmhouse with rolling black clouds and many people in long black garments. They start to casually saunter through the portal and with them comes a dark ethereal-like substance that must be a manifestation of the taint. In the back you see what appear to be people who settled there, settlers bringing picknick baskets that fill the air with the aroma of Tainted brownies. Some loud music draws the attention of these black clad strangers as another gateway forms across on the other side of the field. Stepping out from a beautiful Ogier built city comes women either dressed in white or have that ageless face. They are coming with a purpose ever movement efficiently preforming the task at hand.

An amplified voice spreads out across the grounds. Both groups turn to see a Man'shima standing 20' on top of a cleanly cut tree top with six color balls orbiting him: Blue, Pink, Yellow, Brown, Green and Orange.

Tomorrow the battle between the Black and White towers shall begin. Will the Servants or the Guardians emerge victorious? We will have to see... I am Al Jenn and will be your game host, sadly I didn't bring any lovely ladies to assist with the game, but I think we can manage.

*Weaving saidin Al Jenn creates a stunning lady dressed in blue as the blue orb hovering around him gently rests above her hands*

Six categories you will be tested in: Geography (blue), Entertainment (pink), History (yellow), Arts & Literature (brown), Science & Nature (green), and Sports & Leisure (orange). Questions will range from New Spring all the way through Knife of Dreams. I am still debating using the WoT concordance. I currently don't have any questions from it, but as the game host I retain my ability to decide that fact based on the ease with which questions are answered.

*****************************************************************************************************

Good luck everyone, feel free to talk as much as you want on this thread. Please just glow your answers. If I deem that the discussion becomes 'spammy' then I will moderate and adjust. Please remember to have fun and be nerds!

******************************************************************************************************

White Tower:

3 Set and an  Orange Pie

Black Tower:

2 Set and  2 Pink Pie, a Green Pie, and a Brown Pie, Yellow Pie, and an Orange Pie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DM isn't speaking to Al, so he's asked me to post here that he'll put up the questions Monday 6pm Eastern time ... whenever that happens to be in real time  :D

I got a responce from everyone on the list aside from Karasien and Seafolk. I was shown the trick of IE instead of Firefox. Due to the malfunctions with DM I thought delaying the start date would keep both teams on an even footing. I hope you all are excited and ready to answer questions!

Anyways I'm back and going to start this game off! I hope you're as excited as I am!

This round is going to last until one team collects one of each of the colors. It is meant to be a short round so I the moderator can gauge the difficulty of the questions and if I need to make them harder or easier. This round you are allowed to use your books, the internet, and whatever tools you have at your disposal. Good luck!

**************************************************************************************************

After Elayne and Nynaeve depart the seafolk ship where are the four places it travels to spread word of the coramoor?

What road does our lovable group flee out on upon their 'grand adventure' when they first set out into the world?

The markings crawled on the twisted redstone doorframes are also used for what?

High Counsellor is a piece in which game?   (Should be pink but it's to hard to see)

When is the first time Rand touched the true source?

The Lord of the Morning believed the war against the Shadow had lasted how long when his good friend Elan Morin payed him a vist?

What is depicted in Lord Agelmar's tapestry?

In keeping in the family... Agelmar's sister has one of her books thrown in the fire, which one is it?

Who invented, crafted, and constructed the steam engine?

Why did the Aiel decided to gift the Carhien peoples with a clipping from the tree of life? I mean they kinda went and savagely butchered the poor man who only wanted a comfortable chair...

Two of Fortuona's hobbies are (Aside from womens typical hobbies of confusing men)?

What is the name of the moody racing horse in the humble little village of Two Rivers?

*****************************************************************************************************

Good luck everyone, feel free to talk as much as you want on this thread. Please just glow your answers. If I deem that the discussion becomes 'spammy' then I will moderate and adjust. Please remember to have fun and be nerds!

The Original Post, OP, will be updated. This will grow stale and old. To see which questions are still available please refer to the OP!

To clarify the rules about answering questions...

I will post twelve questions, two from each category. Teams can talk and discuss all they want on thread and off thread. I'll leave it to each team to decide how they want to communicate with each other. When you wish to submit an answer it must be glowed. Each team will be competing to answer one question from each category collecting all six categories. Teams must wait 8 hours in between each submission, if you guess incorrectly it will be increased to 16 hours. If you answer more than one question in that 8 hour time frame it won't count and the question will still be open for both teams to answer.

I will tell you if you were right after each question when I am/can get on. Good luck TEAMS.

Archived