DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trivial Pursuit - Congratulations White Tower

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can attest to that Talya. I've decided to give you both Credit since the BT did post it on their QT telling me they couldn't since DM was down and the timestamp was about 45 minutes prior to the WT's response. However the WT did post here on DM.

Anyways my reasoning is that you both should get it. Time for the next round though.

This round will be a 'lightning round'. I will roll a dice and get one of the categories, then I'll try and stump you all with a question. The first team to answer it will get the pie. I am on sporadically throughout the day so I don't think time of day/night should be to much of a problem.

The OP will be updated with the current score as well. There will be 4 rounds and whoever has the most complete sets of questions will win. If the amount of sets are the same we'll move onto parts of sets then to whoever answered the most questions. If they are still equal I'll make a tie breaker question.

First question:

What is the translation for what Logain first new Elmindrea as?

When Perrin goes and visits the traveling people he recognizes a tune but not the words. What is the tune and what are the words?

I am not sure if this is right or if the question is off, because the only time I find Tinkers, a song, and Perrin recognizing the tune:

A. He isn't visiting the traveling people, there are Tinkers in Emond's field prior to the last major battle with the Trollocs and he hears the tune somewhere outside as he sits in the Winespring's common room.

B. The lyrics are not given in any of the books, as its only mention of the song is on p. 887 of tSR, just the title of the song.

C. Perrin also knows the title of the song.

So...all that said, I have to go with the song being:

[glow=pink,2,300]

My Love Is A Wild Rose[/glow]

[glow=pink,2,300]Other info: it is not a Tinker song, and it is being played with fiddles, so I guess technically there WERE no words to it in this case since it was an instrumental. ;)[/glow]

Hmm, thank you Claire for pointing out my... error. I realize I mixed two of my questions together. The above and one from when he watched the Tiganza.

The above question should read...

When Perrin goes to Illian for the first time he recognizes a tune but not the words. What is the tune and what are the words?

I'm going to give something to the WT team for that, I don't think a pie piece... We'll see, a pleasant surprise awaits you in the future.

When Perrin goes to Illian for the first time he recognizes a tune but not the words. What is the tune and what are the words?

The Tune is Mistgress Aynora's Rooster

There aren't any words written down, but she actually sings about a Rooster rather then the more racey version Perrin knows

The Tune is Dancing Lass (thought the question suggests it could have been either one)

A Lugard girl, she came to town, to see what she could see

With a wink of her eye and a smile on her lips

She snagged a boy or three, or three

With an ankle slim and skin so pale

She caught the owner of a ship a ship

with a soft little sigh and a little gay laugh

she made her way so free, so free

Correct

(It does but there aren't any words to Mistress Aynora's Rooster)

Now for a more definitive question.

Where and of what clan does a man from Mat's ancient memories dance with a powerful Athan'Miere Wavemistress

Where and of what clan does a man from Mat's ancient memories dance with a powerful Athan'Miere Wavemistress

[glow=blue,2,300]The Wavemistress was of Clan Shodin (this is either a misprint, or the name has changed over the years to what we now know as Clan Shodein). They danced beneath the great crystal dome at the court of Shaemal (in Coremanda).  [/glow]

Correct

Bah, no fair Claire I was going to mess with whoever answered it. I believe it is a typo. Although my originals are a bit... decrepit and my new set shows the same. *Shrugs*

Ok, time to make these more challenging. You guys are getting them to... easily. Additionally to clarify things. You don't have to wait at all to answer a question

Mat quotes a section from a book written by a general 600 years ago. What section does he quote, what is the book, and who is it by?

Archived