DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trivial Pursuit - Congratulations White Tower

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throughout the series, we see trimmed quill pens as the normal method of writing with ink.  Name an instance in which something OTHER than a quill pen was used for ink writing and what was used instead.

Give the ages of at least two of the Forsaken at the time they were sealed into the Bore.

White Tower-- What we've got:

2 Set

Entertainment- 1

Geography- 1

Science and Nature- 1

Sports and Leisure- 1

History- 1

Arts and Literature- 0

I think I colored them right. :P

1. Name the first Maid in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn in 1000ne

2. Where and What is Tifan's Well?

1.[glow=yellow,2,300] Reene Harfor[/glow] who Rand Appointed. The year prior N’Delia Basolaine was first maid in 400 AB. In 999 NE Lini Eltring held that spot.

2.[glow=blue,2,300] One did not suspect such things in a small place like Tifan's Well, a farming community deep in the grassy plains of Arafel.[/glow]

3.  Name 5 horses in the series that are named after birds.

3. I'm not sure if you meant birds from the wheel of time or in real life. Either way I had a hard time figuring out the 5th bird.

[glow=orange,2,300]Swallow, Sparrow, Redwing, Swift, and I'll go with Aldazar[/glow] which in the old tongue means eagle so I hope it is WoT birds/language.

How many miles lie between Emond's Field and the Blight?

4.Lan snorted. "Boy, I expect to fight Trollocs along the Great Blight, but not here, nearly six hundred leagues to the south.

length, units of:

10 inches = 3 hands = 1 foot; 3 feet = 1 pace; 2 paces = 1 span; 1000 spans = 1 mile; 4 miles = 1 league.

600/4=150.

[glow=blue,2,300]150 Miles[/glow]

[glow=orange,2,300]Swallow, Sparrow, Redwing, Swift, and I'll go with Aldazar[/glow] which in the old tongue means eagle so I hope it is WoT birds/language.

Incorrect.  I suppose I meant WoT birds although I didn't check to find other references to the birds in the series.  If you tell me what difference you think it makes I may be able to clarify.

Incorrect.

Throughout the series, we see trimmed quill pens as the normal method of writing with ink.  Name an instance in which something OTHER than a quill pen was used for ink writing and what was used instead.

Give the ages of at least two of the Forsaken at the time they were sealed into the Bore.

1. I don't think you're referring to the Printing Presses...

nor "Rhuarc answered, touching his left forearm. "This." He meant the Dragon coiled around his arm. Clan chiefs did not display them often, or even speak of them; almost everything about the markings were shrouded in mystery, and the chiefs were content to leave it so. "It was a thing of needles and inks, of course." A tattoo."

I don't think I'll be able to answer this by the time limit.

[glow=yellow,2,300]2. Moghedien was over 200 years old, Demandred and Asmodean were over 300, Graendal was over 400 years (Some argue almost 400).[/glow]

I think I colored them right. :P

1. Name the first Maid in the Royal Palace in Caemlyn in 1000ne

2. Where and What is Tifan's Well?

1.[glow=yellow,2,300] Reene Harfor[/glow] who Rand Appointed. The year prior N’Delia Basolaine was first maid in 400 AB. In 999 NE Lini Eltring held that spot.

2.[glow=blue,2,300] One did not suspect such things in a small place like Tifan's Well, a farming community deep in the grassy plains of Arafel.[/glow]

Correct

Incorrect.  I suppose I meant WoT birds although I didn't check to find other references to the birds in the series.  If you tell me what difference you think it makes I may be able to clarify.

Incorrect.

The horses... *Shrugs* I'll look around for it, but I might not get to it in time. I'll have to find a horse aside from Aldazar. And it won't make a difference, it was an obscure horse to an obscure bird.

[glow=blue,2,300]2,400 Miles[/glow] >.<

Throughout the series, we see trimmed quill pens as the normal method of writing with ink.  Name an instance in which something OTHER than a quill pen was used for ink writing and what was used instead.

1. I don't think you're referring to the Printing Presses...

nor "Rhuarc answered, touching his left forearm. "This." He meant the Dragon coiled around his arm. Clan chiefs did not display them often, or even speak of them; almost everything about the markings were shrouded in mystery, and the chiefs were content to leave it so. "It was a thing of needles and inks, of course." A tattoo."

I don't think I'll be able to answer this by the time limit.

Incorrect.  No, I'm not referring to printing presses or tattoos, but something an individual would write with.

[glow=yellow,2,300]2. Moghedien was over 200 years old, Demandred and Asmodean were over 300, Graendal was over 400 years (Some argue almost 400).[/glow]

Correct.

After the Trolloc wars, a country formed where Coremanda had once stood, south of the river that was the border between Coremanda and Aridhol.  We only know of one leader of the country that formed here after the Trolloc wars.  What is her name, and what is she noted for?

Incorrect.  No, I'm not referring to printing presses or tattoos, but something an individual would write with.

Thanks. All my answers will be glowed. No need to clarify a question unless I ask for it, I'm thinking aloud so you can see where my hang ups might be for your questions.

17 hours to get your questions in.

Locate and/or name three ways through the Dragonwall.  (Tarwin's Gap does not count as it goes around, not through)

[glow=blue,2,300]5. The Niamh Passes, the Jangai Pass, and an unnamed one in Haddon Mirk just north of Stedding Shangtai. [/glow]

After the Trolloc wars, a country formed where Coremanda had once stood, south of the river that was the border between Coremanda and Aridhol.  We only know of one leader of the country that formed here after the Trolloc wars.  What is her name, and what is she noted for?

3. The River Haevin is the river you describe. The southern boarder of Dal Calain is the Arinelle. Dal Calain is the northern most country of the four that formed from the remnants of Coremanda.

[glow=blue,2,300]but he thought she might make even an Aes Sedai step back.

Like Isebele of Dal Calain, who had made the Amyrlin Anghara come to her. That was one of the old

memories; Dal Calain had vanished in the Trolloc Wars.[/glow]

Mat however is wrong as Dal Calain was later conquered by Artur Hawkwing.

There is a ter'angreal that was recently in the possession of one of the Forsaken.  It used to not require the use of the One Power by the user, but now it must be activated how?

[glow=green,2,300]Mesaana said the thing could take hammer blows without breaking, but she undid the wrappings with the care she would have used with a piece of fine blown glass, revealing a ter’angreal. A brilliant red rod no larger than her forefinger, utterly smooth except for a few fine lines worked into the surface in a sinuous interconnecting pattern. Embracing the Source, she touched that pattern with hair-thin flows of Fire and Earth at two of the interconnections. That would not have been necessary in the Age of Legends, but something called the “standing flows” no longer existed. A world where almost any ter’angreal could be used by people unable to channel seemed odd beyond comprehension. Why had it been allowed? Pressing one end of the rod hard with her thumb—the One Power was not enough, by itself—she sat down heavily and leaned against the chair’s low back, staring at the thing in her hand.[/glow]

Certainly Wombat. I might for fun have both teams answer the questions I can't.

Archived