DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs Jaime Lannister

jwillis7

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jamie gets to have others fight with him then Rand should be allowed.....Send Mat and Perrin in with him, Mat can blow the HoV to call the Heroes of the Horn and Perrin can call the wolves while Rand kicks back and eats sweet cakes....

Stop stealing my fanfic ideas!

Brandon knows. We talked about it this weekend at Minicon. And I know Jason has talked to him too. He's got to complete his revisions on THE WAY OF KINGS by tomorrow, but if he has time, he'll try to post something.

Finishing revisions is kinda big news. Nice one Brandon. I'm pretty excited about the new series.

I get the feeling that they're all GRRM snobs.

Yeah same here..

Let's show them that the Lord of the Morning cannot be defeated!

I had all my friends vote, put it on facebook, other forums and the likes, really I'm pestering pretty much everyone lol

If Jamie gets to have others fight with him then Rand should be allowed.....Send Mat and Perrin in with him, Mat can blow the HoV to call the Heroes of the Horn and Perrin can call the wolves while Rand kicks back and eats sweet cakes....

Stop stealing my fanfic ideas!

Brandon knows. We talked about it this weekend at Minicon. And I know Jason has talked to him too. He's got to complete his revisions on THE WAY OF KINGS by tomorrow, but if he has time, he'll try to post something.

Finishing revisions is kinda big news. Nice one Brandon. I'm pretty excited about the new series.

Me too, I've just ordered the paperback of Warbreaker, which has the prologue to Way of Kings in the back.

Yeah, Rand's not exactly a slouch with a sword either.  Plus he could kill Jaime with his bare hands in seconds.  I don't think Jaime has much training in had to hand.

And it's after they both lost their hand.

I have a feeling that the guys who are doing the write ups haven't read WoT. Or if they have, not nearly as obsessively as we have.

My feelings exactly.

Although, I think that possibly worse is the ongoing read+review series at http://punkadiddle.blogspot.com/ - how badly can you miss the point? And since when was WoT squarely aimed at YA?

See my semi-rant in book #4's comments (Under the name Samuel W)

Yeah, while WoT works as YA fiction (it has the self discovery theme that is very common to YA fiction and the content isn't any more adult than some of what you see in classical children's literature and fairy tales) and I do recommend it to students, it'll never get shelved as YA fiction or sold that way. The definition of a YA novel, as far as booksellers and librarians are concerned is "short". And that does not describe WoT whatsoever.

The only time Tor has ever attempted to market WoT as YA was in the early 2000's when they first launched the Starscape imprint, which is for their YA titles. They took TEOTW and TGH and split them each into two, shorter novels, with illustrations and new cover art by Charles Keegan. Jordan wrote a second prologue for FROM THE TWO RIVERS, the first part of TEOTW, called "Ravens", which plays up Egwene's role in the series; and added additional material to INTO THE BLIGHT's glossary (which is how we know Tamyrlin was the name of the first channeler and not a title.)

Brandon had time to comment today.

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=1233

That was great. I wouldn't have minded him making the point that he could have opened a handful of gateways and out pour a few hundred Aes Sedai, a few hundred Asha'man and a hundred thousand or so Aiel.

'Rolling Ring of Earth and Fire' anyone?

Now, a battle worth watching would have been Lan vs. Jaime Lannister - BEFORE he lost the hand.

In addition to the group Brandon mentions, I would think Moridin might intervene in the interest of self preservation because of the link.  Brandon should have said he was bringing Vin and Elend too  ;D

Send me where?! :O

No, in all seriousness I'd have loved to see Vin and Elend involved here.

Just reporting in to say that I've voted. Over the last hour or two it looks like Rand's lead has expanded a bit but its still neck and neck.

Sorry guys, had to go Jaime on this one. I just went with my favorite character. I personally hate Rand. C'mon how much fun is a guy who weilds enough power to not even NEED an army. He's a lame character. Now Jaime, that guy is a kick. Sister loving, child maiming sweetheart that he is. LOL

Now if WoT would have thrown Mat in there....I may have voted different

Sorry guys, had to go Jaime on this one. I just went with my favorite character. I personally hate Rand. C'mon how much fun is a guy who weilds enough power to not even NEED an army. He's a lame character. Now Jaime, that guy is a kick. Sister loving, child maiming sweetheart that he is. LOL

Now if WoT would have thrown Mat in there....I may have voted different

*Grabs tar, feathers, pitchfork, lanterns and general other mob items*

*Starts handing them out*

[sarcasm]Seriously though, thats fine, I mean, it's not like Rand would actually win this without even having to try too hard.[/sarcasm]

Now, truly seriously, that's fine - Rand doesn't even have a true Sister to love (Unless Elayne is a close enough relative - but that family tree is so complicated I've forgotten her exact relationship

[Now, truly seriously, that's fine - Rand doesn't even have a true Sister to love (Unless Elayne is a close enough relative - but that family tree is so complicated I've forgotten her exact relationship

Not only does Jaime LOVE his sister very much, he's not opposed to beating up a chick. (although Brienne did kick his ass) That alone should win him some extra points. Just surround Jaime with a "woman wall" if you will, and game over. Jaime isn't hung up on things like not putting women into danger.

a guy who weilds enough power to not even NEED an army.

Considering he has many armies, that apparently isn't true.  Rand is the same as basically any 'magic user' in most fantasy works.  They are matched up in conflicts with other magical characters, while non-magical characters stand little to no chance.

Archived