DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs Jaime Lannister

jwillis7

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good find.

Although I think a lot of the descriptions are a bit tongue-in-cheek.  Which makes me like it even more.  I'm glad it doesn't take itself too seriously.

It's good, though the problem is that Rand isn't generally the most popular WoT character.

I'd bet everything on Mat winning basically any match-up they could make for him.  Gandalf prepares to blast him-trips, and then falls into the abyss with the Balrog and they both burn up.  Mat doesn't even notice.  Aragorn from LOTR?  Ashan'darei vs. Sword.  Conan the Barbarian?  Blown up by a cannon.

good find.

Although I think a lot of the descriptions are a bit tongue-in-cheek.  Which makes me like it even more.  I'm glad it doesn't take itself too seriously.

It's good, though the problem is that Rand isn't generally the most popular WoT character.

I'd bet everything on Mat winning basically any match-up they could make for him.  Gandalf prepares to blast him-trips, and then falls into the abyss with the Balrog and they both burn up.  Mat doesn't even notice.  Aragorn from LOTR?  Ashan'darei vs. Sword.  Conan the Barbarian?  Blown up by a cannon.

Plus, Gandalf's (and no-one's for that matter) magic doesn't work on Mat...

PS: and why, in the prescription/image of Rand, is Rand wearing an Ashan'darei?

Id say a fair match for Rand would be Ashen-Shugar from the Midkemia books. Similar kind of character, strongest magic user known in his time and a warrior type besides.

Also, Id like to see a thief/rogue match involving Jimmy the Hand, although I dont know many other thief characters.

Gandalf would be outmagicked by a leper that died ten minutes ago.

good find.

Although I think a lot of the descriptions are a bit tongue-in-cheek.  Which makes me like it even more.  I'm glad it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I'd bet everything on Mat winning basically any match-up they could make for him.  Gandalf prepares to blast him-trips, and then falls into the abyss with the Balrog and they both burn up.  Mat doesn't even notice.  Aragorn from LOTR?  Ashan'darei vs. Sword.  Conan the Barbarian?  Blown up by a cannon.

Plus, Gandalf's (and no-one's for that matter) magic doesn't work on Mat...

PS: and why, in the prescription/image of Rand, is Rand wearing an Ashan'darei?

Depends on whether Gandalf is channeling the OP.  ;D

But as for the Rand drawing, I think that's supposed to be the Dragon sceptre.

Too bad Pug from Feist's Riftwar series isn't in there.  Or, how about Pryrates from Memory, Sorrow and Thorn?

So who does Rand face in the next round-Dresden or Conan? Conan pulls off the round 1 upset to face Rand in Round 2...at which point he (and his seeding) will be balefired from the bracket.

So Thomas Covenant would defeat Gandalf? I don't think so

White gold ring, against making your enemy spin about without any real purpose. Easy choice for me

True. Its a pity that Covenant sent his gold off to the cash for gold guys. I suppose he can just refuse to believe he's in a fight and see how that works for him.

So Thomas Covenant would defeat Gandalf? I don't think so

White gold ring, against making your enemy spin about without any real purpose. Easy choice for me

True. Its a pity that Covenant sent his gold off to the cash for gold guys. I suppose he can just refuse to believe he's in a fight and see how that works for him.

Hahaha that was good

Rand vs. Gandalf? No way. Gandalf's magic isn't even a close match to Rand channeling the OP.

My bet is on Rand vs. Aslan...Savior vs. Savior...ha ha. If there is a wizard show down, it should be Ged vs. Gandalf vs. Polgara; one big three-way match ;)

Archived