DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs Jaime Lannister

jwillis7

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've voted, tweeted and Facebooked about this. I emailed Leigh about including it in her next recap (published this Friday) and i plan to include it in the jordanCon mailing going out this week. Because I'm pretty sure i will die of shame if Rand loses this match.

I've tried to post a comment on the suvudu site but it keeps failing.  So I'm going to rant here.

Rand had to use a bloody flint to start a piece of paper on fire?  He runs around through most of the books wielding a damn sword MADE of fire.  Egwene's first solo channeling is starting a fire.  Creating fire out of nothing is pretty damn easy for a channeler, and it's pretty damn obviously easy throughout the series. Whoever did the writeup apparently confused Rand with Pyro, which maybe accounts for the craptastic description of Rand's efforts.

So anyway, go vote and show them who is the most powerful of them all. 

What are the chances that Rand wins with balefire again? They should use their imagination and have Rand do something else. Im almost surprised they didnt just have Rand stand there while his Ta'verenism brings something in that kills the enemy.

Id send them hatemail if there was any point.

..... And as the 7 v 7 match started it was Rand facing off with Jamie, the world narrowed to a point for both of them. "So this is the Dark One's chosen champion?" Rand spoke softly. As per the rule's no magic of any type would be alowed, so Rand drew his sword and saluted his opponent.........

gah raly wanted to see Rand's swordmanship shown

It's such a shame Brandon doesn't have the free time to write up something for the match. I'm sure he could tip the tide even further in our favor.

Really, I'm shocked that Jaime has so many votes. The description of Rand was terrible though...made him seem like a God and the writing made him seem like a prick. A think a lot of voters are mistakenly seeing Rand as a bad God sort of guy, with Jaime the underdog to root for.

If Jamie gets to have others fight with him then Rand should be allowed.....Send Mat and Perrin in with him, Mat can blow the HoV to call the Heroes of the Horn and Perrin can call the wolves while Rand kicks back and eats sweet cakes....

Stop stealing my fanfic ideas!

Brandon knows. We talked about it this weekend at Minicon. And I know Jason has talked to him too. He's got to complete his revisions on THE WAY OF KINGS by tomorrow, but if he has time, he'll try to post something.

Archived