DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs Jaime Lannister

jwillis7

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon makes a fair point about the propensity of GRRM's characters to die compared to RJ's.  Other things being equal, which isn't the case anyway, you'd be much more surprised if a central WoT character died compared to GRRM's.

Brandon is very correct, Poor Jaime... GRRM has killed off near a hundred that you wouldn't have expected as opposed to Robert Jordan's "Unexpected Deaths" list of like 15-

Asmodean

Moiraine (Although it isn't very permanent)

Vandene

Adeleas

Sareitha

Careane

Pedron Niall (Didn't see that one coming)

Geofram Bornhald (Sweet old cut-your-face-off grandpa...)

The Aybara's

Anaiya (Seemed somewhat important)

Reanne Corly

Herid Fel

Liah

Isendre

Jaichim Carridin

Also, odd that Jain Farstrider is occasionally misspelled as Jaim Farstrider throughout the series. Maybe this is a giant conspiracy.

An hour later and Rand is ahead by 480 votes.

He has also just crossed the 10000 mark!

EDIT:

Can anyone reliably find out when GRRM's version was posted? I'd love to know how long it's been up - after all aSoIaF people predicted a storm once GRRM posted his.

“Your gods are false,” Min insisted. “The Creator— ”

“I knew your Creator,” the dwarf broke in. “Lord Jordayne, he was called here.” He took a sip of wine and smiled sadly. “A good fellow, warm-hearted and generous, with a rare fine humor. He lived down south, at the Tor, and was famous for his hospitality. Lord Jordayne has been much missed by all who knew him. The tales he told will be fondly remembered by all those who heard them.”

Aww.  :'(

I'M FREAKING OUT HERE!

As we all expected, GRRM's post has unleashed a flood of Jaime votes.... the gap is closing every second  :( less than a hundred votes separating them now... D:

Martin's writeup was pretty good, though. Sirayn already pointed it out, but his reference to RJ was touching.  :)

I came here to help rally the troops, too.

Rand's only got a very slight lead. Even in a one-on-one fight without the OP, Rand could still win. Rand trains frequently in both sword and hand-to-hand combat against multiple opponents. Both Jaime and Rand are big men, so I'd say they're evenly matched there. The only thing Jaime would have over Rand is armor, but if that were the case Rand wouldn't be weighted down with it, either.

And that's without the One Power.

But come on. Rally the fanbase here, we need to support Rand.

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, and it's for a good reason. Many of you may have heard of the suvudu website, and if not, now is the time to find out. Suvudu did a tournament style cage match with major literary characters from many major book series, with Rand representing the WoT. Rand has made it to this final, and is currently in a deadlock with Jamie Lannister. Rand leads by a mere 130 votes currently, and George rr Martin recently posted a write up in favor of Jamie, which has certainlly helped him out. All you have to do to help Rand win is to go on suvudu, on the left side of the screen you will see the Rand vs Jamie cage match. Click on it, scroll down to the bottom of the write up, and vote for Rand. After coming so far, it would be a shame to see him lose now! So toss this thread a bump so everyone can see it, vote for Rand, and tell your friends or other websites to do the same. The poll ends tomorrow, Sunday the 11th, at 8 pm, so hurry!

Haha so i definately missed that there was already a thread on this, but im glad that it got bumped back up! No offense to Lannister, but Rand  deserves this! The fact that GRRM could do a write up whereas Sanderson wont out of respect really helped Jamie out, this travesty cannot stand! Go Rand!

Archived