DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand vs Jaime Lannister

jwillis7

well looking back on the whole cage fight, it was silly to put god's (or people with god-like power) with non-gods, should have been either all god level power people or non-god level power people. oh well, sittis in the bleachers chanting go rand go.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd better do a swordfight. It would better than just BALEFIRE, BICHES! like the previous matches. How did that jumped-up calvin cline model get past Cthulhu, anyway? Or Ged, for that matter? Cthulhu v Rand would have been awesome, because his main power wouldn't hav worked on the already-crazy rand.

So if you could use The One Power/Balefire and this dude comes at you with TWO magical swords, bracers of speed on his ankles, a big ass panther and a Globe of Darkness 15 feet by 15 feet that he could put right in your face you would totally just go at him with your regular steel forged katana-esque sword right?

They'd better do a swordfight. It would better than just BALEFIRE, BICHES! like the previous matches. How did that jumped-up calvin cline model get past Cthulhu, anyway? Or Ged, for that matter? Cthulhu v Rand would have been awesome, because his main power wouldn't hav worked on the already-crazy rand.

So if you could use The One Power/Balefire and this dude comes at you with TWO magical swords, bracers of speed on his ankles, a big ass panther and a Globe of Darkness 15 feet by 15 feet that he could put right in your face you would totally just go at him with your regular steel forged katana-esque sword right?

They have to do a sword fight because Rand fights fair....which will probably be his down fall with Jamie...he doesn't seem the type to fight fair...

* Does Jamie really mate with his sister?  :o

I was refering to the Jaime v Rand fight coming up, not the pathetic Rand v Drizzt fight that has already happened.

And the jumped-up calvin cline model is jaime, in case you didn't know.

I was refering to the Jaime v Rand fight coming up, not the pathetic Rand v Drizzt fight that has already happened.

And the jumped-up calvin cline model is jaime, in case you didn't know.

I didn't know. I just now figured out who the hell Jaime is. I've never read or seen the appeal of aSoIaF. From what I have seen though sounds to me like Rand would kick his ass even easier then he did Drizzts'. Either way though, sword fight till/if he starts losing (I'm not aware of Jaimes skills with the sword) and then Balefire. Or air, or any other number of weaves that would kill just about anyone. It's never going to be 'realistic' because for one, they're all fake and for two because they don't exist in the same universe anyways. So the same rules don't apply.

Jaime is considered one of the best swordsman in aSoIaF. He lost a hand though and has been pretty bad in comparison since then. I think the hand stuff is why people wanna see a swordfight between them.

Suvudu is looking for someone to write up Rands side in the finals (vs

Jaimie). GRRM is writing up Jaimies half so it would be nice to get a

fair fight.

Heres the forum post.

So here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to let one fan act as Rand's champion.

Send me your seven-on-seven Cage Match by Wednesday, 5pm EST, and I ...

will choose the best one to post on the site alongside my write up and

George R.R. Martin's.

Sound fair?

Please send your scenario to spectratwitterfb@gmail.com.

Be warned--I don't have a ton of time to edit these, so make sure you

proofread! Apparently, some of the comments can get a little vicious.

:)

Good luck--and good luck to Rand and Jaime.

-- David Pomerico

The last story they wrote up doesn't make any sense. Rand doesn't have to have fire in order to channel fire. He doesn't have to channel Earth with Earth either. And there's no reason he couldn't extinguish the Dragon fire. I liked the story, but they clearly don't understand the One Power.

I'm siding with Jaime here.

Realistically, the battle would be decided on where it was fought. If it was fought in Randland, Rand has access to the One Power and wins. It if was fought in Westeros, he doesn't and loses.

Depends when it takes place as well, has Jaime lost his hand yet? If so he's about to get his ass kicked, if he still has his hand and Rand can't use the one power, it's more interesting.

Archived