DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

Last book I read was Deception Point by Dan Brown, current book I'm reading is SEAL! by Lt. Cmdr. Michael J. Walsh (26 year Navy SEAL vet) and my next book will likely be The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor or A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin.

Though, I've been on and off reading The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.. Definitely not my favorite.

I'm currently reading Towers of Midnight, The Well of Ascension (second book in the Mistborn trilogy), two books that I am in the process of writing (if you count re-reading what I've written), and all of the endless reading material assigned to me in my three courses at UHV.

Edited by El Oscuro

This thread

The snot on the outlaws boot by George gramham

Magician by Raymond e feist

What u reckon to the Magician, Owayn?

Shockingly little of it read so far, been a bit hectic round these parts the last while. What i have read has been quite interesting, the first few lines grabbed by imagination straight away, a great vivid picture of Pug dancing along the stones.

Compared to tad Williams dragonbone chair its streaks ahead. Again thats a book I'm only a fraction of the way into.

This thread

The snot on the outlaws boot by George gramham

Magician by Raymond e feist

What u reckon to the Magician, Owayn?

Shockingly little of it read so far, been a bit hectic round these parts the last while. What i have read has been quite interesting, the first few lines grabbed by imagination straight away, a great vivid picture of Pug dancing along the stones.

Compared to tad Williams dragonbone chair its streaks ahead. Again thats a book I'm only a fraction of the way into.

Cool well I think you'll like them Midkemia books, theres quite a few. Riftwar Saga with the Magician is still prob my favorite though

Now I'm reading:

- Walls of Silence (Philip Jolowicz)

- Winter's Heart (Robert Jordan)

- The Canterbury Tales (Geoffrey Chaucer)

- The Great Partition (Yasmin Khan)

When the first two are finished (in about a week - both still about 150 pp), I'll start either Mistborn, or Malazon. Any suggestions between the two of them?

Finished Elantris. Loved it. Thought it was original. As much as I like epics I liked that this was a one book deal. Started Way of Kings this morning. So far, so food. Like with all big stories there is a lot of initial information to absorb and a little confusion. Once that soaks in I think I will enjoy it greatly.

I just finished The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. My expectations were a tad bit too high but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I have friends who claim Rothfuss is the next Terry Brooks. I don't know that I would go that far just yet.

Am currently trying to force read my way through the later middle chapters of Crossroads of Twilight - I'm determined to have completed all 13 books before AMOL is released next year and I'm re-reading A Game of Thrones, prepping myself for the upcoming HBO series that has got me seriously STOKED!

Just finished Midnight Tides by Steven Ericson. Man that was a slow read. Not that I didn't like it, some of the characters were amazing (Bugg and Tehol anyone?) and the end was certainly dramatic enough, even if it didn't explain how Trull is shorn from his brothers and family.

Going to purchase Bonehunters today and start reading that.

Just finished Midnight Tides by Steven Ericson. Man that was a slow read. Not that I didn't like it, some of the characters were amazing (Bugg and Tehol anyone?) and the end was certainly dramatic enough, even if it didn't explain how Trull is shorn from his brothers and family.

Going to purchase Bonehunters today and start reading that.

You thought MT was slow? Oh dude. RG and TtH are going to kill you! :laugh:

Both are really good though. It just become even more apparent then ever before that nothing happens until the last 200 pages.