DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

Hitchcock.

No, not that bombshell with willsmith, The one with Anthony Hopkins.

I loved this movie. Specially the ending when he did the  'composers moves' to the screams of the viewers of his movie. It was epic. ^_^

Django Unchained.

This was suprisingly good IMO.

Not only was it a western, I enjoyed it. It was entertaining. And had, IMO a GREAT performance of D'Caprio, (As a Villian no less!)

And it had just enough blood, without being ridiculous.

Lincoln.

I lked it... but, there was just something off about it. The actor that played his wife.. Dunno, didn't like her acting in it. Otherwise it was definately oscar worthy.

How come it was so surprising for Django to be good? imo if it's a Tarentino film then you're always in for a treat. Daniel Day Lewis was incredible in Lincoln though wasn't he?

• Community Administrator

Hitchcock.

No, not that bombshell with willsmith, The one with Anthony Hopkins.

I loved this movie. Specially the ending when he did the  'composers moves' to the screams of the viewers of his movie. It was epic. ^_^

Django Unchained.

This was suprisingly good IMO.

Not only was it a western, I enjoyed it. It was entertaining. And had, IMO a GREAT performance of D'Caprio, (As a Villian no less!)

And it had just enough blood, without being ridiculous.

Lincoln.

I lked it... but, there was just something off about it. The actor that played his wife.. Dunno, didn't like her acting in it. Otherwise it was definately oscar worthy.

How come it was so surprising for Django to be good? imo if it's a Tarentino film then you're always in for a treat. Daniel Day Lewis was incredible in Lincoln though wasn't he?

Dunno, had low expectations for Django Unchained.

Daniel was good in Lincoln, but some of the other actors (like the lady that played his wife) was less so.

Just saw Cabin In The Woods. I admired the film for it's creativity. I found the characters really likeable... but I hated the movie. and I hate that that was how Joss Whedon wanted me to react. The entire film is just Joss giving horror movie audiences the finger and calling us jerks for the entire runtime. I just couldn't respect something like that. (shrug)

Edited by EmperorAllspice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched Silver Lining Playbook. 

It was a weird movie about two messed up people but it all came together in the end.

I was expecting a comedy and what I got was more of a dark and slightly quirky romance.

I liked it though. Definitely a movie you have to be in the mood for and invest a little time in because it's a bit offputting at first.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World.

Actually a pretty cool movie. I think it paints a fairly accurate (if a bit comical at times) portrait of how people would really act if the earth really was destined to be hit by a giant asteroid that we couldn't stop. My favorite example of this is the main character's maid who comes back week after week to clean his house even when he tries to fire her twice.

The ending was a bit...off I think. I dunno. I found it hard to believe Penny could make it back and find Dodge in time even if she would actually have turned around the plane (which I don't think she would have). I guess what I'm trying to say is it felt like a forced reunion for the sake of having a "happy ending" right before the asteroid hit.

Edited by Nolder

Few weeks ago, saw a mini-series (I think) from BBC called WPC-56. Basically about.. not the first female-police officer in Britan, but I'm guessing one of them, and a possibly popular one?

Either way, the show does one thing pretty well. It shows what real sexism in the work environment was like, not this lite-sexism stuff we see today. :wink:

I've only seen 5 episodes of it, So  I'm assuming that's all there is.. (or, because its BBC, they do several breaks in between the series.)

Have Prometheus dvd sitting on my table (Netflix), haven't opened it  and stuck it in yet.. but I do plan to watch it again. (with commentary on)

Not sure If i'll like it more/or/less than in the theater.

Less IMO. At least with the first viewing you didn't know exactly what was going to happen. Without that factor Prometheus was a pretty boring movie I think.

Perhaps, but have to remember, I went into Prometheus, thinking it was the planet from Alien, which skewed the way I viewed it, and judged it as a chronological flop. But after finding out later, it was a different planet, most of my objections to it faded, so I couldn't really say if I liked it, or hated it... Hoping maybe re-watching it, maybe with commentary, and or deleted scenes could help determine if I love it or truelly hate it.

Perks of Being a Wallflower. Extremely surprised by how much I liked it! Emotions were all over the place during the film, and even though the entirety of the script is pretty saccharine it doesn't even matter just because of how much heart is poured into the whole thing. Great movie! Recommending it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just saw Man of Steel. Wow, that's all I have to say. It was less a movie than it was an event. I was extremely reluctant to go see this on based off of the previous Superman movie. They completely blew it out of the water with this one. I haven't seen a movie this good in forever. If you're thinking about it, just go, it's worth it.