DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

I actually watched this a couple days ago but didn't get to post about it.

The Way Way Back

It was funnier than I thought it would be.

A bit more emotionally involved than I thought it would be.

But it hit just the right amount of heartwarming.

I really enjoyed the entire movie and highly recommend watching it with a family if you do "movie nights" or whatever.

• Community Administrator

Really?

All the trailers I saw made it look like a more boring Shaun of the Dead.

Compared to This is the End, I actually found the World's End to be funny, and entertaining.

But really, almost that entire year of movies blew. There was so much possibilities, but barely any lived up to the hype!

I'm not going to say this was the funniest movie ever, or the greatest comedy since Billy Madison. But I did enjoy it. But I'm also a fan of Simon Pegg. (I've enjoyed all his movies thus far.  He hasn't gone Adam Sandler on me yet.)

I thought it looked kind of dumb.

Yes because it was basically a barely scifi version of the OWS message about the 99% vs the 1%.

The people want to see what the people want to see I guess but I doubt I'd find it entertaining.

It was more about universal health care than anything else.

The plot wasn't exactly subtle by any means.

That said, it was still an action flick, and I didn't find it that horrible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just watched Cloud Atlas, and I honestly have to say, it had a very distinct Wheel of Time feel to it. Not in that it had any of the characters or storylines, but in the, this happened to this guy in 1849, which effected this timeline in 1936, which both in turn effected these people in 1973, and so on. Very ta'maral'ailen (Web of Destiny) and Age Lacey to me. While it jumped around a bit, it kind of all fell together at the end. Very long and very enjoyable.

Perks of Being a Wallflower. Extremely surprised by how much I liked it! Emotions were all over the place during the film, and even though the entirety of the script is pretty saccharine it doesn't even matter just because of how much heart is poured into the whole thing. Great movie! Recommending it.

Just watched that and it was great

I related far to much to this film lol. All the music I like, I used to rocky horror it like them, all that jazz

It's really well done all in all

So I just watched Cloud Atlas, and I honestly have to say, it had a very distinct Wheel of Time feel to it. Not in that it had any of the characters or storylines, but in the, this happened to this guy in 1849, which effected this timeline in 1936, which both in turn effected these people in 1973, and so on. Very ta'maral'ailen (Web of Destiny) and Age Lacey to me. While it jumped around a bit, it kind of all fell together at the end. Very long and very enjoyable.

It's a bit long tbh. But it was good, and I really enjoyed it.

I kinda see the WOT link you're drawing as well

Watch it guys

It's a bit long tbh. But it was good, and I really enjoyed it.

I kinda see the WOT link you're drawing as well

Watch it guys

It wasn't a strong link, as it wasn't apparent throughout most of the movie, other than actors appearing in different time periods. But I am hyper-sensitive right now, because I have become more active on DM, and am rereading the series.

The Hobbit 2. Still kind of feels like disjointed stories but more connected than the first movie. Also, I HATED the damn frame rate. I can't stand the soap opera effect and the whole movie was like that. The CG was great and would fit normal rate just fine but because everything else had the SP effect it just made the CG stand out

Oh I watched the newest Wolverine movie a couple weeks ago.

I know that's not technically a "I just watched..." but I just wanted to say it was pretty terrible.

Honestly it reminds me of an episode of The Walking Dead.

Great opening, great ending. The middle is worthless at best.

"About Time"

MV5BMTA1ODUzMDA3NzFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDgx

Wow.

I really, really liked this movie.

Movies tagline.

"A new funny film about love. With a bit of time travel."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2194499/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think.

Its not campy, and it's not umm.. bad? Like Time Traveler's wife. It's just all around.. Good.

I'd honestly recommend this for an Oscar.

Edited by SinisterDeath

Just got out of American Hustle and I know I'll probably be in the small minority, but I hated almost every minute of it.  It was poorly directed and poorly written and I wasn't impressed with most of the performances.  Renner did great with what he was given, which wasn't much, but he worked it out.

4/10

Edited by Krakalakachkn