DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

• Community Administrator

Little late, but just watched Prometheus. So was this just a glorified Alien prequel...?

yes

No/Yes.

It was the same universe as Alien, but not a prequel to Alien.

To put it another way.. Its about 25 years before Alien, on a completely different planet, than the one Alien took place on.

The closest thing we have as to prequelesque of Alien, is an explanation as to what/why the ship was on said planet.

The feeling I got is that this is how the "Alien" species was created.

Well, that is a possibility..

It's possible that the Xenomorph (biological weapon) from Alien, is an earlier version, compared to the one we see in Prometheus.  

They operate in a similar process. They use the hosts DNA, to make a Xenomorph...

What make's me think that this might be a new version, has to deal with how its transported. 

It's implied that the Space Jockies transported Alien Eggs.. which was very dangerous work... This Had many hazards... 

But the Black Ooze we see in Prometheus? Perhaps that was Xenomorph 2.0? An easier way to transport such an unruly creature?

And just to point out...

In Alien, the original host was a space jocky. It was the queen, that layed the eggs, that then infected the humans.

In Alien 4, We had an Alien-Human hybrid. An Alien Queen gave live birth to an Alien sized Human.

In Prometheus, this virus was essentially born in the star as a giant-face hugger.

It infected a Space Jockey. (Super-Human)

Which created, whatever poor excuse that was for a xenomorph. But that was also a baby Xenomorph. (A very big baby)

Mind you, when a xenomorh is born in Alien, they appear as a chest-burster...

baby-xenomorph.jpg

If 

Deacon_prometheusmovie_still.jpg

Was a chest burster. That would make the Adult Something like 40 feet tall..

Edited by SinisterDeath

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of Prometheus I just assumed that it was a separate type of bio weapon, basically a different batch to see which one is the most capable. I actually quite liked that movie

Also just watched the newest Riddick movie, its alright they did a new pitch dark type thing. Could definitely been better.

On the subject of Prometheus I just assumed that it was a separate type of bio weapon, basically a different batch to see which one is the most capable. I actually quite liked that movie

Also just watched the newest Riddick movie, its alright they did a new pitch dark type thing. Could definitely been better.

I agree with you 100% on the Riddick thing

• 2 weeks later...

I, Frankenstein. Not bad actually. It's an entertaining action movie. Bit cliched at some parts but not stupid. Lot's of character exposition though, that got kind of annoying.

From the reviews I heard, it sounded horrible...

And I was looking forward to a Frankenstein that wasn't a grotesque monster, and closer to Mary shelly's...

Edited by SinisterDeath

I, Frankenstein. Not bad actually. It's an entertaining action movie. Bit cliched at some parts but not stupid. Lot's of character exposition though, that got kind of annoying.

From the reviews I heard, it sounded horrible...

And I was looking forward to a Frankenstein that wasn't a grotesque monster, and closer to Mary shelly's...

The Dean Koontz books are really good

I recently saw the Lone Ranger on the plane. I'd been sceptical because Johnny Depp as a Native American warrior in a Western just didn't sound right but....

OH. MY. LIGHT.

IT'S ALL THE EPICNESS OF PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN REBORN. GO. SEE. I COMMAND THEE.

Pirates of the Caribbean got annoying, not sure I want to see it "reborn"...

I recently saw the Lone Ranger on the plane. I'd been sceptical because Johnny Depp as a Native American warrior in a Western just didn't sound right but....

OH. MY. LIGHT.

IT'S ALL THE EPICNESS OF PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN REBORN. GO. SEE. I COMMAND THEE.

I was rolling on the floor with that damned horse.

Is that horse magic? Can I get one? Will I be as magical if i eat it?

OH. MY. LIGHT.

"There is something very wrong with that horse."

XD

OH. MY. LIGHT.

"There is something very wrong with that horse."

XD

Is it bad, that I thought that horse, was the best actor, and most comedic cast member on the entire show?

Seriously, it could have been the first animal to win an Oscar... :tongue:

XD yeah, well.... personally I thought it was a bit sloppily made when animated - it totally wasn't a horse for all those stunts.

Then again, I've been spoilt with shows like Apassionata and LotR film horses XD

Hmm, Oscars for animals. :biggrin:

Sure, there were a ton of scenes that were obviously CG with that horse, Though I don't believe the tree one was. ;) (Well green screen background maybe, not cg-horse.)

XD yeah, well.... personally I thought it was a bit sloppily made when animated - it totally wasn't a horse for all those stunts.

Then again, I've been spoilt with shows like Apassionata and LotR film horses XD

Hmm, Oscars for animals. :biggrin:

Sure, there were a ton of scenes that were obviously CG with that horse, Though I don't believe the tree one was. ;) (Well green screen background maybe, not cg-horse.)

Now that scene, I loved XD