DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

19 hours ago, Taymist said:

*shaking my head* There's so much wrong with that paragraph that I can't even.:sad: I don't want to derail an entertainment thread with a political tear though. :mellow:

????????

For me it isn't anything about love of the crown/throne, it's the history and legends and folklore that I love/am fascinated by. Despite my natural tendency towards politics, it is actually, in this case, a completely apolitical thing. (Rather counter to much of my politics, but that's for another day and place).

5 minutes ago, imlad said:

For me it isn't anything about love of the crown/throne, it's the history and legends and folklore that I love/am fascinated by. Despite my natural tendency towards politics, it is actually, in this case, a completely apolitical thing. (Rather counter to much of my politics, but that's for another day and place).

It's not about your politics, or even politics per se, it's that I can't explain what's wrong with the paragraph without partial reference to politics. I can't clarify because, as I already said, I'm not going to derail Sin's discussion thread.:mellow: 

Indulging in a bit of Would I Lie To You? 

On 10/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, Liitha said:

nope

but has seen 

lucifer

sabrina

shadowhunters

grimm

merlin

once upon a time

timeless

terra nova

could go on but well i guess there is a theme here ?

Of those I've only seen MerlinTerra Nova and seasons one of Once Upon a Time and Shadowhunters. Loved Merlin a lot and thought TN had promise for a second season but alas that wasn't to be. OUaT just wasn't for me, and while at times I dug Shadowhunters i just wasn't interested enough to go back for a second season (I am happy to see the awesome and supremely beautiful* Katherine McNamara costarring on Arrow now and a potential/planned spinoff show as well; just saw an interview with her and was astonished to find out she had her high school diploma at age 14! she could have done anything and chose acting of all things).

I do have plans to watch Sabrina at some point, when i can manage to get to it (so much other stuff to watch, as well as reading to do, writing, and then trying to be active online -- on forums like this, just not your typical Social Media outlets).

* Yeah, I'm 10% dirty old man, sue me.??

• Community Administrator
6 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

@SinisterDeathyeah dawg, one punch man is great.  Started Baki recentlh.  You ever watch RE:Zero?

I have not.

This weekend we just watched Daybreak on Netflix. I enjoyed it for the random comedy/action/drama show that it was. Had some interesting twists.

I tried seasons 1 and 2 of Syfy's Van Helsing via Netflix.  Its just another Apocalypse series, only instead of zombie apocalypse its a vampire apocalypse.  But I stayed through it... I don't recommend it unless you're into cheesy fantasy.  I only watched it to have a means of shutting off the real world for a while.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, Liitha said:

Just watched crazy ritch asians tonite, decent watch, had its fun moments too.

@imlad yeah yeah sure

11% then... okay okay... 12%. :thom:

?

8 hours ago, 2RiversFan said:

I tried seasons 1 and 2 of Syfy's Van Helsing via Netflix.  Its just another Apocalypse series, only instead of zombie apocalypse its a vampire apocalypse.  But I stayed through it... I don't recommend it unless you're into cheesy fantasy.  I only watched it to have a means of shutting off the real world for a while.

Ya know, I do on occasion enjoy a cheesy fantasy (Hercules or Xena anyone?), but in this case I feel like I dodged a bullet a couple years ago when I decided to pass on this show. I've developed a bit of a knack almost at that, picking which shows on SciFi Channel SyFy to avoid and which to watch. Of course, some of my favorite shows from that network actually are pretty cheesy fantasies, namely Warehouse 13 and Eureka (well, despite both taking place in the same universe, one is a fantasy and the other is a science fiction story; but then I personally consider Science Fiction to be a subgenre of Fantasy, if you separate the magical element from the definition of Fantasy and consider only the need for the "impossible or the improbable" or more along the lines of how the word "fantasize" is defined when defining "Fantasy" with that capital-F).

I think part of why I skipped this show is that I was worn out on vampires, yet what do I do a couple years later but watch The Vampire DiariesThe Originals and now Legacies (I'm a sucker, heh?, for CW shows)! I used to live and breath vampires back in the 1990s and early 2000s, so I'm not surprised I had to get away from them for a while. The only reason I started watching tVD was because it was a CW and I had time to kill. And being a CW show, that 12% kicked in. Okay okay! It's 15%.:thom:

?

On 10/29/2019 at 4:28 AM, Liitha said:

Think warehouse 13 should had more episodes, liked that one

I was pretty upset when they announced the show was ending, as I really loved W13 a lot. At the time it was one of the few shows I actually watched (Eureka was another at that time). It was such an ingenous show in so many ways, I really hated seeing it leave the air. 

A show I just started watching is Watchmen on HBO. I never read the comics nor did I like the movie based on the comics (hated the movie in fact). But this show, only two episodes in, really has me hooked. Damon Lindelof is a damned fine storyteller, something I totally realised after the seriously underrated The Leftovers (a show too many people haven't watched).

Edited by imlad

The thing with the w13 with that setup it could run forever, just change the crew slowly to keep old viewers but renew it for new ones

Watched pitch perfect 3 tonite, just the medicine my tired brain needed after long week (its just been one thing after another for one or the other, or more of us in the department - so we all glad to sign out today)

11 minutes ago, Liitha said:

Watched pitch perfect 3 tonite, just the medicine my tired brain needed after long week 

I love all of the Pitch Perfect films. They're such absolute nonsense, very funny, and so easy to watch. Plus I really like Anna Kendrick, she has a naturally intelligent humour and a fine line in sarcasm.

Every week, some of the shows my wife and I watch together are the new episodes of Grey's Anatomy, American Horror Story, Legacies, The Purge, The Walking Dead, Will and Grace, The Conners, and Station 19. We also enjoy the wildlife documentaries on BBC America and The Animal Planet. I'm also a big fan some of the cartoon comedies such as South Park, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, and The Simpsons. I LOVED seasons 1 & 2 of The Orville. However, my internet speeds ain't fast enough for me to subscribe to Hulu. Therefore, I sadly won't be able to watch any more seasons of The Orville.