DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

Last night I had the pleasure to show Cindy The Usual Suspects, which I consider one of the bestest movies in the entire history of film. I refused to tell her the ending, but she guessed it anyway (sooner or later).

:happy:

I just had trouble believing it could be as obvious as it seemed.

awesome movie! thank you Basel :smile:

So apparently during the police lineup scene the actors were given the words to read, but each interpretation was theirs to create.  The line, "in English" was ad-libbed by Christopher McQuarrie (the writer), and the reason the actors were all laughing is because del Toro was gassing that tiny room with farts during several takes.

• 1 month later...

Just watched The Wolf of Wall Street.

Great movie.

That it was!

But holy shit was it long!

Yeah. I started at like 2:30 AM and didn't finish until like 7AM.

Granted there were a few pauses inbetween.

Never did I have a desire to do cocaine.  Then I watched Wolf of Wall Street.

Right? Now I want to be an evil stock broker and ste- errr invest people's money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator

Just watched The Amazing Spider-man 2.

Prior to watching it, I read some scathing reviews of the film. Some claiming it was nothing more than a 2 hour trailer for the subsequent sequels, as well as claiming it had no plot. (They mentioned in a similar way as Avengers had no plot but worse.. much, much worse)

So I was surprised, when I couldn't help but like the film over-all.

I still don't like the actor who play's spider-man, or his general cocky-attitude.

I still say Aunt Mae from the original trilogy is superior then this one. She was cast perfectly for the role!

That all said, I have to disagree with the idea that this film had no plot.

The main complaint I've seen, about no plot comes from the fact that there were soo many villains. And the general super-hero movie plot is.

Hero does his thing (fight crime), comes across a villain he can't beat. Sulks, finds a way to defeat the bad guy. Does so. Bad guy vanquished, Life goes on. More Villains appear in the shadow for the sequel.

That's still all there to an extent. But that's not the central focus of the Movie.

The movie's focus is about Peter Parker. It's about him trying to consolidate his need to be with Gwen Stacy, His duty to be Spider-man, and his Promise to Gwen's father, to keep her safe.

The movie's focus isn't so much all over the place, as it is more like life... being Spider-man is Peter Parker's Job. While you focus on life, and relationships and all that shit, you occasionally get wrenches thrown your way... in his case he get's super-villains instead of wrenches!

By the end of the movie, it became obvious the plot was all about Gwen Stacy convincing Peter Parker to live, because he can't keep everyone safe.. People make there own choices, and he can't be protect everyone, even if it's from themselves. She convinced him to be Spider-man. Because Spider-man is Peter Parker.

Just watched... Finding Nemo.. for the first time ever.

I was kinda disappointed to be honest. Not as good as I heard it was but it kept the kids I was babysitting quiet for a couple hours so all in all it did the job. I give it a 5/10

You should probably lower that to a 4 or a 3.5, as its message was completely lost and kids across the world clamored to have clownfish and blue tang pets after watching it.  More stealing fish from their natural habitats to appease the clamoring parent-purses.

As for me, just watched Frozen with family last night.  Watching it with a full surround system is really something else compared to just watching it on a monitor.

we saw Capt America Winter Soldier over the weekend.  first movie we've gone into theaters to see in a long time.

it was good.  watching Agents of Shield spoiled the fact that

Fury wasnt dead and Shield gets disbanded and the reason why is Hydra took over from within

but even aside from a tv show spoiling the major plot point and twist fo the movie  XD  it was still enjoyable.  much better than the first Cap America movie *nods*

imo the Black Widow stole the show though  :wub:  theres a reason why i have her as my Minecraft character skin  :wub:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched two Oscar contenders: Selma + Birdman

While I enjoyed the hell out of both movies, both sported terrific acting, casting, and directing, I must say that Birdman was my heavy favorite.  Keaton nailed it out of the gate and Norton was a marvel.   The heavy, self-referential, biographical aspect of the movie was a particularly nice touch.  The themes of personal legacy and self-worth are as poignant as ever but leave you wondering whether you should be cheering for Keaton's character or see him as, perhaps, a naive product of cultural America.

I recommend both movies.  Birdman was my favorite, but Selma, minor inaccuracies aside, still delivered a powerful, well-acted, beautiful movie that showcased newcomer David Oyelowo and features Oprah going upside some whiteboy's head.  Who wants to miss that?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...