DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Red2111

I just finished Prometheus and was confused about 85% of the time

I actually attempted to google "didn't understand prometheus" to see if there were any sites out there that could explain what the hell went on in that movie

As I was typing it in I got to "didn't u" and google autofilled the rest

I was highly amused by that and just thought I'd share

I just finished Prometheus and was confused about 85% of the time

I actually attempted to google "didn't understand prometheus" to see if there were any sites out there that could explain what the hell went on in that movie

As I was typing it in I got to "didn't u" and google autofilled the rest

I was highly amused by that and just thought I'd share

Horrible movie...... didnt get why so many people liked it....

Didnt get the story or what they were trying to say.

I dunno about meaningful messages but I found a youtube video that breaks down the movie and does a pretty good job of explaining the things I didn't get

Like you know the vats? I thought the snake alien was in one of them

But it turns out the black goo stuff IS the alien basically

It landed on the worms (if you remember seeing them) and mutated them into the snake alien we see later

I dunno maybe that seemed obvious to some people but I needed that explained to me

I can link the video if you want

• Community Administrator

Didnt get the story or what they were trying to say.

I dunno about meaningful messages but I found a youtube video that breaks down the movie and does a pretty good job of explaining the things I didn't get

Like you know the vats? I thought the snake alien was in one of them

But it turns out the black goo stuff IS the alien basically

It landed on the worms (if you remember seeing them) and mutated them into the snake alien we see later

I dunno maybe that seemed obvious to some people but I needed that explained to me

I can link the video if you want

Just have to point this out.

The Alien we see at the very end of the film, is NOT the same as the Alien from the movie Aliens. Its not actuallye ven the same planet as the one we see them land on Alien 1. This was... unfortuantely what was originally convieyed to those hyped about the flim. That they would basically be showing what happened before ripley and her crew found the Alien. Once I learned that htis wans't infact the same planet. The movie made a hell of alot more sense to me. Simply because I was constantly looking at it fromt he perspective, that it WAS the same planet. (Wtf? That shouldn't be there! and.. that.. wth? ) kind of reactions.)

That said, there is a bit of a prequel in the fact, that they mention those ships flee that planet, a 1000+ years prior to allt he events going down. One of those fleeing ships? Thats the one that Ripley's crew find. (hence the fosilization and all that.)

And, you have to consider, that the way the Alien species works is it bases its self off of its host species... And if that Virus is the very raw form of what creates this Alien species... Then the one that we find on the planet Ripley found, is based on the Engineer race.. which.. as we find out.. Is Human. :wink:

What I find interesting is that it wasn't even the first alien

The video I watched on youtube showed a close up of that mural in the one room and pointed out that an alien is depicted there

So yeah what we saw is not the first alien and it's not the one Ripley & Co encounter

I'm thinking that there is going to be a sequel to Prometheus to really tie together the "prequel" story to the Alien franchise

What I find interesting is that it wasn't even the first alien

The video I watched on youtube showed a close up of that mural in the one room and pointed out that an alien is depicted there

So yeah what we saw is not the first alien and it's not the one Ripley & Co encounter

I'm thinking that there is going to be a sequel to Prometheus to really tie together the "prequel" story to the Alien franchise

I'd watch it. But I really hope they do a better job marketting it if they do. The wohle problem I had with it was the complete misunderstanding that it wasn't infact... the planet Ripley visited. once you stripped that away. it just became a completely different story in the same universe. :wink:

Side note, theres also that connection with the Predator Race. The Engineers Used the aliens as a Bioweapon against them.... And Iguess they just.. took it as another hunting challange? Dunno.

(Oddly enough, it almost sounds like, given the context of Promethus, that... the Predators are our... Saviors? :tongue:)

I just watched gummo. Its just messed up and far to artsy for me

I read the synopsis on Wikipedia and as soon as I read "A cat is carried by the scruff of its neck by a teenage boy. He drowns the cat in a barrel of water" I was like NOPE I AM OUT. I have a very hard time watching movies that involve cruelty to animals, even if it's just been realistically staged. Same goes for scenes involving any kind of abuse... even if it's an excellent film, I need to be in the right frame of mind or it will upset me. If it's gratuitous, forget it. I'm way too soft-hearted, I guess. Also, I've just read the whole synopsis. It only gets worse, apparently. Definitely not going to watch.

Last movie I saw was The Shining. Again.

ETA: brb hugging my cats

Edited by coldestcaress

Jirio Dreams of Sushi

Its a documentary... And I highly recommend it.

I thought about watching that

Did you like it a lot?

Well, just to note, its in japanese (english subbed) and its about an 85 year old sushi cheff,that won a 3 star michllin(sp) award. His resturant seats only 10, and costs $300+. Its basically a documentary, of what they do, and, in some sense, how they got where they are today. This guy... My god. if he had come to america, he could have done anything. :wink:

Jirio Dreams of Sushi

Its a documentary... And I highly recommend it.

I thought about watching that

Did you like it a lot?

Well, just to note, its in japanese (english subbed) and its about an 85 year old sushi cheff,that won a 3 star michllin(sp) award. His resturant seats only 10, and costs $300+. Its basically a documentary, of what they do, and, in some sense, how they got where they are today. This guy... My god. if he had come to america, he could have done anything. :wink:

I used to watch quite a bit of subbed anime, not a problem.

Snow white and the huntsman. Two hours of my life I'll never get back... :sad:

I know right?

It had some small potential in certain areas but those were totally overshadowed by...the movie...

I can only say that I didn't regret it so much because I had reduced price tickets

Hunger Games. The only redeeming factor was the fact that it felt like it stole four hours of my life, but in reality it only stole two and a half. So there's that...

Really? Everyone always tells me how amazing it is when I ask

Just watched Dredd.

Wow.. that was a LOT more hyper violent then I had expected..

literally, I was expecting at most, gun shots, blood splatter, and thats it. Did not expect to see heads blowing up in Saw-like levels of Gore.

And.. they obviously shot those scenes, with 3D in mind. (note, I didn't see it in 3d, The 2D version was the only one playing early, the only showing was at 9Pm.. and I didn't want to stay out that late.)

And honestly? I liked the original dredd better. if only as a Cult Classic.

As an action film? yea its pretty damned action intensse.

The violence, is on a levle, that I really would not recomend bringing a child under the age of 15 with you. Its... That gorey.

Dredd. And yeah, LOTS of blood and gore. Loved the slow-mo scenes though. Looked great.

The end 'twist' though was retarded. Whoever designed the bomb was an idiot. You don't make the device send a signal to detonate the bomb. You make the device be in constant communication with the bomb and if the bomb no longer detects a signal it explodes. Might as well as have shot the device to stop it from sending a signal.