DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

The port, maybe. The river, no. (Just a guess)

@Luckers : Interesting thinking

If the representation of the dreamer's self is considered as mental and not physical, the "soul" pulled out of T'A'R will either reintegrate the body or give something as the soulles Ogier. But I can't imagine what would happen to the soul. Grabbed by the Dark One?

A physical reprensation of one self in T'A'R pulled out would probably dissipate, as it will be against the Pattern to have two self.

This is only speculation...

A Question, when Rand fights the Seanchans near Ebou Dar (and even right after the supergirls use the Bowl of Winds) the use of both saidar and saidin is more than problematic. They talk of the One Power not doing what they want, the Damane being suck, saidin pulsating etc... It's easy to guess that it's related to the heavy use of the One Power during the wheather being put back to normal, but I don't remember having once a clear explanation on the why it did this to the One Power on both the male and female sides whereas the Cleansing of saidin didn't do anyhting but... cleansing with amounts of saidin and saidar woven being so much more massive.

Was it because there were no male channeler present to weave saidin?

What exactly happened to the True Source there? Has it been removed? Do we even know?

I would say that the saidin and saidar having been used with the Bowl of the Wind was changing the climate by shifting the winds. So the One Power so-to-say "stayed" in the air. They all felt the One Power in the atmosphere. And when they chanelled, there was an interference. Which didn't happened at the Cleansing because the One Power used then was focused and not let to act "loosely".

This is an interpretation

Hugely silly question here, but I live to entertain.

I seem to recall a scene where someone explains to someone else precisely how the temp-ignoring trick works that allows AS stay all dignified regardless of weather conditions. Did I dream this scene, or can someone elaborate on those few details?

Hugely silly question here, but I live to entertain.

I seem to recall a scene where someone explains to someone else precisely how the temp-ignoring trick works that allows AS stay all dignified regardless of weather conditions. Did I dream this scene, or can someone elaborate on those few details?

The most detailed description of it I can think of is shortly after Moiraine gets raised to the shawl when they teach her.

Speaking of the Elayne chapter, I found some hypocrisy... right after Rand and Elayne kiss, she says to him, "I don't want to hear anything from you that you do not mean with your whole heart. Not now, not ever." But then, two days later, she sends him a letter about how much she hates him... any rational explanation for this? I'm not an Elayne hater, but this is pretty damning evidence.

She got angry with him because she wanted him to say he wished she wouldn't leave him. They both knew that she must go, and Rand also believed that she'd be safer away from him, and so he didn't ask her to do what she couldn't (and shouldn't). Typical man. Elayne got angry that he didn't want her around, never mind that he had good reason not to ask her. Typical woman. How come this bothers you so much? I thought it was rather endearing.

And Sid, come on. Have you ever known a woman who didn't blame her man for things that weren't his fault? I'm almost positively certain that that's the main attraction men hold for women - it's always nice to have someone to blame ;).

I just find it interesting on her part, I know why she got mad. Still hypocritical. I think they have one of the weirdest relationships ever. They spent like an hour together in Caemlyn in tEotW, three-ish days in Tear in tSR, 20 minutes talking maybe in WH, and then they have sex... I suppose the next time they'll meet is at their one hour wedding, and then he'll die and never see her again.

A Question, when Rand fights the Seanchans near Ebou Dar (and even right after the supergirls use the Bowl of Winds) the use of both saidar and saidin is more than problematic. They talk of the One Power not doing what they want, the Damane being suck, saidin pulsating etc... It's easy to guess that it's related to the heavy use of the One Power during the wheather being put back to normal, but I don't remember having once a clear explanation on the why it did this to the One Power on both the male and female sides whereas the Cleansing of saidin didn't do anyhting but... cleansing with amounts of saidin and saidar woven being so much more massive.

What exactly happened to the True Source there? Has it been removed? Do we even know?

I believe this was caused by the explosion of the gateway, NOT the bowl of winds. We know for a fact that a disrupted weave can have devastating consequences for nearby channelers (even severing them). So i take it to be that the gateway's explosion created a "disruption" in the balance of the one power, which would affect both saidar and saidin in the region.

It happened because the ter'angreal itself was overstressed. The Bowl of the Winds was designed only to control weather over a small area, but the Windfinders, with their superior knowledge of Weaving the Winds forced it to control the weather of the entire planet. It had nothing to do with the simple sheer amount of the power used, just in how it was used.

I believe this was caused by the explosion of the gateway, NOT the bowl of winds. We know for a fact that a disrupted weave can have devastating consequences for nearby channelers (even severing them). So i take it to be that the gateway's explosion created a "disruption" in the balance of the one power, which would affect both saidar and saidin in the region.

Nope. Not only has RJ confirmed that that effect was caused by overstressing the Bowl of the Winds, you can actually see that it is already present when Elayne is trying to weave the gateway in the first place.

Anyway my question is : During the 20 year siege of Tar Valon by Hawkwing's generals, food always got in, through ships, to South and Northharbor. Where from? Wasn't every other port held by Hawkwing?

Presumably the sisters employed smugglers.

If the representation of the dreamer's self is considered as mental and not physical, the "soul" pulled out of T'A'R will either reintegrate the body or give something as the soulles Ogier. But I can't imagine what would happen to the soul. Grabbed by the Dark One?

A physical reprensation of one self in T'A'R pulled out would probably dissipate, as it will be against the Pattern to have two self.

This is only speculation...

The representation of the dreamer is their soul. We know this from when Perrin entered the dream too early and according to Annoura felt like one who had lost his soul (i.e. cold to touch, this is how Verin recognised the Ogier was soulless)

This means if the soul was ripped out then the body would be left soulless. What would happen to the soul though--possibly they would be like Birgitte, and if bonded swiftly they would survive.

Yeah, I re-read NS a couple months back, and what I'm thinking of is actually far more detailed than that, iirc- like, with precise instructions on how long to hold breaths inhaling, exhaling etc.

Weird.

This seems detailed enough, doesn't it?

"The mind must be as still as an unraffled pond throughout" [...] "Focusing on a point behind your navel, in the center of your body, you begin to breathe in an unvarying pace, but not as normally. Each inhalation must take exactly the same length of time, and each exhalation, and between, for that same space, you don't breath. Breathing so, focused so, soon your mind becomes detached from the outer world, no longer acknowledging heat or cold. You might walk naked in a blizzard or across a desert without shivering or sweating"

I just find it interesting on her part, I know why she got mad. Still hypocritical. I think they have one of the weirdest relationships ever. They spent like an hour together in Caemlyn in tEotW, three-ish days in Tear in tSR, 20 minutes talking maybe in WH, and then they have sex... I suppose the next time they'll meet is at their one hour wedding, and then he'll die and never see her again.

Agreed regarding the weirdness of their relationship. But hypocritical? To be angry at someone you love? Man, you must have a REALLY great relationship with everyone you know.

Hello, Wot proffessors ;-) another forum ghost has registered ;-) Great forum, nice new look and I have a question

As you know Semirage claimed to know a lot about how the taint affected male channelers. How can she know that? I know she was a great healer but she was sealed before they all went mad. Has ishy done some field tests for her? I doubt that. Am not so sure if any Forsaken has mentioned they knew a lot about the ways but that is also post AoL right? So they cannot know a lot about that either. So is there a study in the bore? ;-)

Hello, Wot proffessors ;-) another forum ghost has registered ;-) Great forum, nice new look and I have a question

As you know Semirage claimed to know a lot about how the taint affected male channelers. How can she know that? I know she was a great healer but she was sealed before they all went mad. Has ishy done some field tests for her? I doubt that. Am not so sure if any Forsaken has mentioned they knew a lot about the ways but that is also post AoL right? So they cannot know a lot about that either. So is there a study in the bore? ;-)

ahhaa, welcome to the fourms!! enjoy your stay.

As to the question, its a good one, AFAIK we have no idea how she knows about it.

Im thinking she did some "study" after she was freed from the Bore.

this is exactly the type of thing that would interest Semirhage, Lady of Pain.

What better way to spend an afternoon than watching the effects of the taint on saidin?

Because it wasn't completely taint induced. The possibility for Rand and LTT souls to displace and "Split" was always there. The Taint just ended up magnifying that possibility. As I understand it Graendal was a shrink for crazy Channelers. Maybe non Channelers too, idk. But anyways she had patients who heard a voice and experienced past lives similar to Rand and those experiences and voices were proven (Yes by someone we know to be a lying liar who lies blah blah we get it) to be legitimate. That's my take on it. The past lives things is like a genetic disorder and the Taint on Saidin happened to be one of the unknown amount of catalysts that trigger it. :loial:

P.S. These new emotes are pretty funny lol.

Edited by Ashaman Kovan

Welcome!

As you know Semirage claimed to know a lot about how the taint affected male channelers. How can she know that? I know she was a great healer but she was sealed before they all went mad. Has ishy done some field tests for her? I doubt that.

She claimed SOME familiarity with madness, not specifically the sort that's caused by the Taint. She did mention, however, that it wasn't her speciallity.

Am not so sure if any Forsaken has mentioned they knew a lot about the ways but that is also post AoL right? So they cannot know a lot about that either. So is there a study in the bore? ;-)

I don't remember any of them doing so. Of course, they have to know the basics, since the Shadow's been using them. So, they would be told of that. And, if anyone stands a chance to know Ogier language, it's the AoLers.