DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Can someone explain :elayne: Elayne's Borderlander ploy to me?

(I'm a bit strategy dumb)

Elayne plans for the Borderlanders to enter Andor, thus pushing the other nobles to ally with her, then voila, they go away without a fight.

The Borderlanders enter Andor, the nobles meet Elayne. They propose a truce, but without even pushing once, she reveals she made the B'landers enter Andor!

What gives?

Can someone explain :elayne: Elayne's Borderlander ploy to me?

(I'm a bit strategy dumb)

Elayne plans for the Borderlanders to enter Andor, thus pushing the other nobles to ally with her, then voila, they go away without a fight.

The Borderlanders enter Andor, the nobles meet Elayne. They propose a truce, but without even pushing once, she reveals she made the B'landers enter Andor!

What gives?

Elayne did not actually want a war with the Borderlanders, and arranging a truce to fight them goes too far in that direction. The Borderlanders were, pure and simple, a way to push the Great Houses into opening a dialogue. Before that they were too willing to sit aside and see what happened, and once in dialogue--well Elayne had the legal right to the Throne. All arguments go in her favour.

So I've my own question to ask, if that's acceptable in the middle of an ongoing discussion.

Rand's first never healing wound, what exactly is it? The second is obviously Shadar Logath voodoo. Is the first just as obviously some lingering effect of being struck with the True Power?

So I've my own question to ask, if that's acceptable in the middle of an ongoing discussion.

Rand's first never healing wound, what exactly is it? The second is obviously Shadar Logath voodoo. Is the first just as obviously some lingering effect of being struck with the True Power?

Its perfectly alright, ask away :biggrin:

To your question...

It is not a simple answer. If you remember correctly, Ishamael stabs Rand in the side with his "black staff" (along those lines)

Thats where the wound comes from. (just to start basics)

Take into account what Moiraine, Nynaeve and othhers who have tried to heal him have said. They refer to it as a wound of "darkness". Its pretty vauge, a darkness.

Then we see Rand get his SL wound. It works against the "darkness" of his first wound.

Consider what happened at the cleansing. The DO taint on Saidin is repelled by the SL power, thus destroying both.

So, with that said, one could assume that the first wound is "the essance of the DO" or at least some aspect similar to the taint and the DO.

Whether that is the TP or not, I am not sure. But it is definitely some aspect of the DO. I dont think it has been difinitively answered.

Hopefully that helped !

I just finished rereading LOC and realized that Elayne and Nynaeve each take a dream ter'angreal with them and that one of them is the original ring. I think in TGS when Sheriam steals the rings doesn't Egwene think the original was stolen at the same time? When did it get back to the rebel camp? Also, I remember Elayne having trouble using it after she got pregnant, but what happened to the other one? Did Nynaeve take it with her?

I know a lot of questions, but am I just forgetting or should the original not have been with the rebel Aes Sedai?

I didn't really get much from this so I'll repost. I'm just wondering if I missed something or if it's a mistake. I'll find out when I finish my reading through the series again, just don't think I can search through all the Nyn and Elayne chapters straight through to look for it.

I just finished rereading LOC and realized that Elayne and Nynaeve each take a dream ter'angreal with them and that one of them is the original ring. I think in TGS when Sheriam steals the rings doesn't Egwene think the original was stolen at the same time? When did it get back to the rebel camp? Also, I remember Elayne having trouble using it after she got pregnant, but what happened to the other one? Did Nynaeve take it with her?

I know a lot of questions, but am I just forgetting or should the original not have been with the rebel Aes Sedai?

I didn't really get much from this so I'll repost. I'm just wondering if I missed something or if it's a mistake. I'll find out when I finish my reading through the series again, just don't think I can search through all the Nyn and Elayne chapters straight through to look for it.

This is a good question, and likely a mistake. In WH chapter 10 Elayne uses the original ring and Nyneave a copy to meet with Egwene. Then in CoT chapter 20, Aviendha uses it to meet Egwene since Elayne cannot make it work consistently. Siuan Sanche has a twisted ring (a copy) in KoD chapter 1 when Egwene communicates with her after she was captured, and then in KoD Aviendha takes a twisted ring with her to Arad Doman. Avi leaves Arad Doman for Rhuidean in TGS and never makes it back to the SAS.

Egwene clenched her teeth, thinking of Sheriam's final spilled confessions. The theft of the ter'angreal had been far from the

most shocking tidbit she'd mentioned. Elayne would be livid; the original ring had been among those stolen, and Egwene

doubted that Siuan's hidden copy would be useful as a template. It was already flawed; copies of it would likely be more

imperfect.

TGS ch 45 The Tower Stands

There seems to be an inconsistency along the line.

Thanks for the info. I thought something weird was going on with it. Is it ever mentioned what happened to the ring Nynaeve had? Or did it just kinda disappear in everything too?

I think she took it with her when she left Caemlyn in WH 12, but I don't think she's used it.

I read on Luckers who is the fake sammy thread that Ishy personally killed the super ter'angreal lady. where is this i dont remember reading it. super terangreal lady is the one that discovered all the uses of the terangreals and died that weird death :aessedai:

:huh:

I read on Luckers who is the fake sammy thread that Ishy personally killed the super ter'angreal lady. where is this i dont remember reading it. super terangreal lady is the one that discovered all the uses of the terangreals and died that weird death :aessedai:

:huh:

i was thinking of wrong person sorry sorry. luckers was talking about the head of the black ajah

in fire of heavens- a departure

"he had two things, he said, a sword that would not break and a war that could not end; he would never gift a bride with those. That, at least, Moiraine had taken of, though he would not know until it was done."

is moiraine referring to passing her bond to myrelle here?or some other thing?

"he had two things, he said, a sword that would not break and a war that could not end; he would never gift a bride with those. That, at least, Moiraine had taken of, though he would not know until it was done."

Although it hasnt been exactly specified. It was certainly refering to the bond. (You dont need confirmation that rain is wet kinda thing)

Although it hasnt been exactly specified. It was certainly refering to the bond. (You dont need confirmation that rain is wet kinda thing)

the odd thing is that at point moiraine had already told Lan that in case she dies, his bond would be passed onto myrelle.

so the "he would not know" made me wonder.

the odd thing is that at point moiraine had already told Lan that in case she dies, his bond would be passed onto myrelle.

Gahhh, I am getting slack.

Luckers is right.

I was refering to the whole bond passing thing (including Nynaeve passing etc..) but now I re-read the posts, it wasnt at all clear. Sorry bout that. Luckers saves the day again. :flamingsword:

Gahhh, I am getting slack.

Luckers is right.

I was refering to the whole bond passing thing (including Nynaeve passing etc..) but now I re-read the posts, it wasnt at all clear. Sorry bout that. Luckers saves the day again. :flamingsword:

haha no worries man :P