DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Where do all those adam come from? Do some damane have a talent in making ter'angreal? Or were they all created by the time the Seanchan Empire was founded? In that case, how come they (who?) have made this many?
Egwene was told of such a Talent when she was collared.

The first adams were made by an Aes Sedia shortly after the start of the empire.

is there lists of exports of various nations anywhere? As well as detailed regional map databases?
Encyclopaedia lists all nations in the world; here is the page:: http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/geography/index.html

Other sites have all maps.

Mb, Durinax was asking after the exportation of products of the nation. But I don't think there are such lists.

Andor : Orchards, Wool, tabac

Tear : bloodstock horses, Oil, Steel

Mayene : fish Oil

Saldaea : furs and Peppers

Kandor : gems and stones (?)

Shara : silk, ivory

Tarabon : rugs

And that's all I see...

Mb, Durinax was asking after the exportation of products of the nation. But I don't think there are such lists.

Andor : Orchards, Wool, tabac

Tear : bloodstock horses, Oil, Steel

Mayene : fish Oil

Saldaea : furs and Peppers

Kandor : gems and stones (?)

Shara : silk, ivory

Tarabon : rugs

And that's all I see...

ty, I am very interested in the economics of these fictional places and I think it would be nice to compose a full detailed list of what each nation exports just as a point of reference (mostly for the game developers although they would have access to the actual notes)

Hello, I've got a question that bugged me now for some time and made me register here (well, besides a general love for the series of course):

Does anyone remember which one of the female forsaken is able to burst into a flame? I have a wild tiny theory that the "Flame of Tar Valon" title of the Amyrlin could be connected to that power.

Thanks!

Does anyone remember which one of the female forsaken is able to burst into a flame? I have a wild tiny theory that the "Flame of Tar Valon" title of the Amyrlin could be connected to that power.

I've never heard of such a thing (in WoT), do you have a source?

How come the Rebel Aes Sedai do not use their far superior knowledge of the power to spy, steal, kidnap, even take the tower? Is there any excuse of that?

They have:

- traveling

- can invert there weaves

- can hide their ability to channel

and much more, I suppose - but only with those three they can do whatever they wish to. Most of the things even repeatedly.

Taking Elaida, Taking the ter'angreal/angreal stash, Spy on anything they wish, Contact the ferrets, Use them for whatever they want to, Go in and take any amount of sisters prisoner.

Do you mean Semirhage using Mask of Mirrors to appear as a flaming (literally not in the sense Mat uses it) woman? AFAIK, nobody in WoT has the ability to "burst into flame" (and stay alive).

They kept creating the a'dam for a millenium. And as an Aes Sedai there knew how to make one (presumably), they only made one. This side of the Aryth Ocean, they had nobody to teach them how to make ter'angreal. The knowledge has been lost in the depth of time. And so couldn't search for Talented novices in creating ter'angreal. They simply assume that nobody know how to make them, and so don't try. It Always go back to Aes Sedai stupidity.

@ Csarmi, the angreal stash is warded, kept by novices, presumably secret. So it could be hard, and they don't want the knowledge of the Gataway to pass the other way. And maybe just Aes Sedai stupidity. They thought abput invading the city so, but didn't thought of it for non-weapon-use of the Power.

(It is a feeling I have that Aes Sedai always try to find a way to dodge the Oaths instead of actually thinking about what they can do in the limited area of the Oath. This explain how they created Daes Dae'Mar. Who better to create it than women constantly escaping their Oaths and never act so to say "openly". Bit this is just my opinion)

How come the Rebel Aes Sedai do not use their far superior knowledge of the power to spy, steal, kidnap, even take the tower? Is there any excuse of that?

They have:

- traveling

and much more, I suppose - but only with those three they can do whatever they wish to. Most of the things even repeatedly.

Taking Elaida, Taking the ter'angreal/angreal stash, Spy on anything they wish, Contact the ferrets, Use them for whatever they want to, Go in and take any amount of sisters prisoner.

They wanted to try and avoid open conflict because that would result in sisters killing sisters or at the least, fighting sisters. Even after the Seanchan raid, Egwene was reluctant to invade.

Thanks for your answers to my flame question!

No, unfortunately not. If I remember it correctly, it was in one of the books, a small mention about one of the forsaken and her power in the Age of Legends. But I have such a vague memory, that I can easily be wrong. Maybe "burst into a flame" isn't the right expression, I'm no native speaker (sorry for any confusion that may cause).

Do you mean Semirhage using Mask of Mirrors to appear as a flaming (literally not in the sense Mat uses it) woman? AFAIK, nobody in WoT has the ability to "burst into flame" (and stay alive).

Maybe, I'll have to check that out, can't remember it right away. As I said, I have only a very vague impression that connectet itself somehow with the "Flame of Tar Valon" title. Since nobody remembers the fact, I likely got something wrong or dreamed it up.

Has anyone ever written a Rand Al'Thor = Luke Skywalker analysis? If so, where can I read it? I know that seems like a really strange query, but I was thinking about it last night and the parallels are pretty pronounced (alliterative!). There must be some Star Wars geeks in here, am I right? If not, I may have to write it myself. Some of the juxtapostions are spot-on (Moiraine is Obi-Wan, The Dark One is Palpatine). Sometimes, not so much (Ogier for Ewok? It kind of works...). C'mon. He even Walked Across the Sky! (At Falme). :biggrin:

Thanks for your answers to my flame question!

No, unfortunately not. If I remember it correctly, it was in one of the books, a small mention about one of the forsaken and her power in the Age of Legends. But I have such a vague memory, that I can easily be wrong. Maybe "burst into a flame" isn't the right expression, I'm no native speaker (sorry for any confusion that may cause).

Maybe, I'll have to check that out, can't remember it right away. As I said, I have only a very vague impression that connectet itself somehow with the "Flame of Tar Valon" title. Since nobody remembers the fact, I likely got something wrong or dreamed it up.

The Flame of Tar Valon is in reference to the female half of the Aes Sedai banner. The male being hte "Dragon Fang" and female being the white flame.

They have:

- traveling

They wanted to try and avoid open conflict because that would result in sisters killing sisters or at the least, fighting sisters. Even after the Seanchan raid, Egwene was reluctant to invade.

Wouldn't their Oaths make it impossible for sisters fighting sisters (except for the Black Ajah)?

Thanks for all of your answers on the adam. But it's still a puzzle to me that damane would be able to make ter'angreal while Aes Sedais just can't.
Actually Elayne can make terangreal; and some passage in Crossroads of Twilight tells that 3 others in the rebel camp could also.

The White Tower I imagine might have others.

Wouldn't their Oaths make it impossible for sisters fighting sisters (except for the Black Ajah)?

Unless they felt their lives were in danger.

Has anyone ever written a Rand Al'Thor = Luke Skywalker analysis?

Usually WoT gets compared to LotR but considering the amount of fanwork out there I wouldn't be surprised.

Does maps exist with a follow up of the journey of the three ta'veren? I mean, with lines indicating where they go, and little explanations and all. And timelined also, to comparz where tgey are at different point.

Or for other character, for that matter

Does maps exist with a follow up of the journey of the three ta'veren? I mean, with lines indicating where they go, and little explanations and all. And timelined also, to comparz where tgey are at different point.

Yes I think so but what I've seen was only complete up to a point and I can't remember where I found it.

I don't know about maps, but if all you need is to compare where they are at different times, try following Steven Cooper's WoT chronology from start to finish. You'll get the entire story in chronological order.