DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

If anyone can offer a link to the guide or where to find it that would be great as I have had issues tracking it down ;D

Enjoy: http://www.amazon.com/World-Robert-Jordans-Wheel-Time/dp/0312862199

Damn cant believe I have never seem this before, I have had to go buy it and will be unavailable until it jas been read cover to cover. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My very first post  :P so bear with me please

I'm doing my re-read and I'm currently at TGH

Now I have 3 questions:

1.Rand is already talking to a voice inside his head. Now is it possible that this voice

becomes the voice of LTT?

2.When Rand, Loial and Hurin go to the other world, I have a "problem" with the fact that they can follow the darkfriends path "because the carrying of the horn will be a great event" can't remember the exact words. the problem I have is that on that world trollocs basically took over the world, how is it then possible for the path of the horn to show there? or is it just part of that world?

3. Nothing to do with TGH just curious. Could it be possible for a male channeler to use callandor and the coedan kal (i really can't remember the spellng  ???) at the same time. Using the CK as a buffer for callandor?

well that's me for now  :)

2. I believe its because the shadow won over Hawkwing so the trollocs and Fain may have faint traces there, but it could also be because it is a very momentous event and since that world is a weak reflection, only the momentous events would have reflections there, which is why it is a weak reflection

Yet we don't actually know that women need to Link in order to convert someone.

1.Rand is already talking to a voice inside his head. Now is it possible that this voice becomes the voice of LTT?

I'm a constructist, so I'd say it's all but certain.

2.When Rand, Loial and Hurin go to the other world, I have a "problem" with the fact that they can follow the darkfriends path "because the carrying of the horn will be a great event" can't remember the exact words. the problem I have is that on that world trollocs basically took over the world, how is it then possible for the path of the horn to show there? or is it just part of that world?

A lot of pre-TDR stuff doesn't make total sense now. I tend to just accept it all at face value.

3. Nothing to do with TGH just curious. Could it be possible for a male channeler to use callandor and the coedan kal (i really can't remember the spellng  ???) at the same time. Using the CK as a buffer for callandor?

Um, no. Because there aren't any Choedan Kal left :)

Well there would have to be some women in it, men can't link without women.

We have not been told if linking was/is involved or not.

I guess each individually channel through a myrddraal each.

For the 13x13 trick does it matter whether its male or female channellers?

We do not yet know.

I would guess the number of each gender does not matter.

Nothing to do with TGH just curious. Could it be possible for a male channeler to use callandor and the coedan kal (i really can't remember the spellng  ???) at the same time. Using the CK as a buffer for callandor?

It might have been possible while both were around.

Rand used an angreal with Choedan Kal while fighting Asmodean.

I'm wondering if this part of the cycle:

nto the heart he thrusts his sword,

into the heart, to hold their hearts.

who draws it out shall follow after,

What hand can grasp that fearful blade?

Is known for sure to be Callandor, through Q&A or some other detail in the books which logically excludes anything other than Callandor?

It's hard to search for those sentences and not find Callandor always being associated with them.

1. What exactly did Rand do on Dragonmount?  at least as far as the skies are concerned.  or what was the benefit of it?  besides Rand changing his attitude.  was it worth destroying the male CK?  Are the outcast skies supposed to be some big metaphor for how Rand is and now there is a little light? 

2. When and how did Rand get his newest sword, the one people are refering to as "Justice"?  I don't remember that taking place. 

3. As far as Rand's dark aura goes.  WHen people don't look directly at it, they can see it.  I seem to remember something else like that in the books but can't remember what it is.  Possibly Warder related.  Or am i just mistaken?  And was his dark aura caused by using TP?

Thankies

The darkness aura is just a spin on a technique called averted vision, basically you attempt to get a better look by using your peripheral vision rather than looking directly at something.  It helps detect detail in certain situations due to the physiology of the eye.

1. What exactly did Rand do on Dragonmount?  at least as far as the skies are concerned.  or what was the benefit of it?  besides Rand changing his attitude.  was it worth destroying the male CK?  Are the outcast skies supposed to be some big metaphor for how Rand is and now there is a little light?

The destruction of the Choedan Kal was worth Rand's new attitude more than the sunlight. It's also been suggested that the sunlight was the effect of Rand's new attitude--the power of his ta'verenism breaking the Dark One's hold on the pattern in a small area.

If this idea is true it could indicate the type of influence Rand's ta'maral'ailen could have in the Last Battle.

2. When and how did Rand get his newest sword, the one people are refering to as "Justice"?  I don't remember that taking place. 

The Domani gave it to him. They found it near or under a submerged statue. And it IS Justice (Artur Hawkwing's sword). Brandon confirmed this.

3. As far as Rand's dark aura goes.  WHen people don't look directly at it, they can see it.  I seem to remember something else like that in the books but can't remember what it is.  Possibly Warder related.  Or am i just mistaken?  And was his dark aura caused by using TP?

Taim displays a similar aura in Winter's Heart. The only other thing like that I can think of is that Min sees trouble coming from Areina, Moghedian-as-Marigan and Nicola, but never when she looks directly at them. Only out of the corner of her eye.

How did Ishamael get into the dreams of people in the first book? Did he end up going in flesh to the world of dreams or something?

It is possible that there is some weave which would allow it (if ter'angreal can do it, a weave should be possible). I suspect, though, that Ishamael is a dreamwalker in his own right. The Wise One's say that male dreamwalkers are rare, but that's in modern time when dreamwalkers themselves are rare of either gender--and that's even assuming that the Wise Ones are correct, and are not overlooking male dreamwalkers.

It should be noted that Aran'gar could get into Egwene's dreams, and she clearly had very little talent for it.  She had to sleep right next to Egwene to do it.  Egwene makes it clear that this is a matter of both strength and skill; Egwene has the strength in the Dream to reach people who are far away, but she had to train this talent.  Demandred mentioned that the ter'angreal which require channeling are used to train beginners in Tel'aran'rhiod.  The logical deduction is that nearly anyone can be trained to access Tel'aran'rhiod and even the Gap of Infinity where the dreams are found, but some are more talented than others.  The Wise Ones probably have lost the ability to train those who are not born with a strong talent for Dreamwalking.  The strong talent for Dreamwalking is probably accompanied by prophetic dreams, though we've had no indication that Moghedien and Lanfear have prophetic dreams.

Re: the 'into the heart' prophecy:

Not as far as I recall, but given the words fit very neatly with what happened its more of a question of 'is there anything to make us think that's not the fulfilment of that prophecy'?

I can think of a few reasons to think it might not be in reference to Callandor:

1.  Rand simply assumed that he knew what the prophecy meant.  That's generally an indication that Rand is wrong.

2.  The wording is vague enough that it could easily be something else.  Until Narishma does something special, we have no real reason to think that Rand was correct. 

3.  There's nothing really special about Narishma in reference to grasping the fearful blade.  If it were Justice, then it might have some special significance.

Even though Brandon has hinted that Gawyn might survive, I still have a tendency to think that the sword will be Justice, that Egeanin will draw it out, and that its eventual destination will be Tuon.  It's a good redemption scenario for Egeanin. 

The darkness aura is just a spin on a technique called averted vision, basically you attempt to get a better look by using your peripheral vision rather than looking directly at something.  It helps detect detail in certain situations due to the physiology of the eye.

Try this when looking at faint stars on a cloudless night. It's quite striking.

A question concerning Rand's parentage:

Amys told Rand about his bio-parents in tSR Ch34. Rand announced this to the clan chiefs at Alcair Dal in tSR Ch57; Mat was also present, though Moiraine and Lan were not. He told Dyelin in LoC Ch16, when she commented on his resemblance to Tigraine.

Does anyone else know?

The darkness aura is just a spin on a technique called averted vision, basically you attempt to get a better look by using your peripheral vision rather than looking directly at something.  It helps detect detail in certain situations due to the physiology of the eye.

Amys told Rand about his bio-parents in tSR Ch34. Rand announced this to the clan chiefs at Alcair Dal in tSR Ch57; Mat was also present, though Moiraine and Lan were not. He told Dyelin in LoC Ch16, when she commented on his resemblance to Tigraine.

Does anyone else know?

I thought Egwene was present too

The darkness aura is just a spin on a technique called averted vision, basically you attempt to get a better look by using your peripheral vision rather than looking directly at something.  It helps detect detail in certain situations due to the physiology of the eye.

Does anyone else know?

Nope. With the exception of Sevanna, who stood in as clan chief, the WOs were quite insistant that the meeting was for men only. So Egwene stayed with Moiraine and the WOs.

Does anyone else know?

Nope. With the exception of Sevanna, who stood in as clan chief, the WOs were quite insistant that the meeting was for men only. So Egwene stayed with Moiraine and the WOs.

Egwene was there when Amys first told him, as was Mat.  However, no one has reasoned out that Shaiel=Tigraine except for Rand, and he hasn't told anyone.

Egwene was there when Amys first told him, as was Mat.  However, no one has reasoned out that Shaiel=Tigraine except for Rand, and he hasn't told anyone.

So was Lan, if memory serves. Count Moiraine as in the know as well. And I wouldn't put it past her to guess at Shaiel's true identity.

BTW Terez, I thought Damandred's comment was with regard to TAR training. I don't think non-Dreamwalker-AoLers were able to enter TAR on their own (never mind entering someone else's dreams). It's just that those ter'angreal leave you unable to channel to any real purpose in the Dream, which is why novices were using them.